Countdown to: "Queen of Noobs 2" The noobiest Super Street Fighter 2 Turbo tournament in GGPO histor

-TheBastard--TheBastard- FAB u LOSE!Joined: Posts: 1,276
http://www.twitch.tv/arkadeum

Friday October 26th, 8 AM Pacific 16:00 GMT

Anyone is free to join and register.
<blitzfu> cool, and bastard is a loser, screen shot that
<Pasky> he's always trolling, he has a macro button that troll
<Kyouya>LoL Bastard, best post evah! But you forgot the tiger uppercut!!
Imagine a snail being able to play fgs, and being a noob in it, it would sure be a salty snail, oh the tragedy of a snail!

Comments

• eltroubleeltrouble Joined: Posts: 5,714
    Awesome. Can't wait to hop on and talk to Serg and the General again. Awesome guys.

If I can get Millertime to join, I think she'll win it. She's been pretty excited to be the actual Queen of Noobs, on GGPO, LOL.
    They really ought to do more to advertise these tournaments. I haven't heard a thing about it until you posted it.
  • -TheBastard--TheBastard- FAB u LOSE! Joined: Posts: 1,276
    yeah, they need a PR, any volunteers? :)
    Imagine a snail being able to play fgs, and being a noob in it, it would sure be a salty snail, oh the tragedy of a snail!
  • papasipapasi N Ken is the truth Joined: Posts: 1,568
    they seem really cool from the youtube video... but why 8am.......
    eltrouble "I doubt that ST will be on the main stream ever again."
    OhNuki: Real men play ST!!
    James Chen: there is something special about playing ST on a cab. It just feels so goooooood.
    Super Turbo Hitbox & safe jump guide http://www.strevival.com/hitbox/
    What? Just have them post on the forums and Socal ST facebook site. It takes like....5 minutes.

They're pretty cool guys, but I also wonder why they chose 8am. My girl really wants to participate in this, but goddamn, 8am? We got shit to do.
  • DNGR S PAPERCUTDNGR S PAPERCUT Joined: Posts: 1,608
    I can't wait.
    ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ஜ۩۞۩ஜ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
    Ah shit..    
    ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ஜ۩۞۩ஜ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
  • SotoSoto The un-safe jump master. ~FrankieSnow~ Joined: Posts: 244
    congrats millertime
    Congratz Millertime. I think you may be banned from future tournaments, but hey, you are the true Queen of Noobs, lol. I wonder if they're ever going to do a "Queen of Noobs" invitational, where they invite all the champions to play a tourney together.
  • MillerTimeMillerTime Joined: Posts: 13
    Thanks Guys :) And yeah, eltrouble they are thinking of doing a queen of Noobs Invitational in 6 months...lol I will win that too!
    By the way I want to set up a GGPO match against the first winner to see who the real Queen is ;P
    PSN ID: eltrouble
    SF4AE2012: E.Honda
    SF2ST: E.Honda
    Thanks Guys :) And yeah, eltrouble they are thinking of doing a queen of Noobs Invitational in 6 months...lol I will win that too!

Holy shit, you're actually posting!

Well, so far your only competition for the QoN thing is Wadeoc. He's a pretty solid shoto player, but I think you might catch him off guard with all them sneaky Honda tricks. That, and you have access to a LOT of shoto players here in socal, so there's no reason why you can't practice that matchup.

Just beware of Papercut. He might just sandbag the next QoN tournament under a different name, and then suddenly bring out his Hawk during the Invitationals, lol.
  • djfrijolesdjfrijoles First ST player to ever moon a live stream baby ! Joined: Posts: 2,054
    MILLER MUTHA FUCKING TIME !!!!!!
    <garyangel> ceks,cani,robbiers,yito all mexico players dont know where kyouya
    <garyangel> (((((((((((((((
    <djfrijoles> kyouya is with his gf gary
    <Random.Jab.DP.Spamer> his gf is gary ?
  • djfrijolesdjfrijoles First ST player to ever moon a live stream baby ! Joined: Posts: 2,054
    srsly doe. How much more awsoem can this chick be. her name is MILLER TIME for Christs sake! How much further do we have to go then that lol. Then, if that wasn't enough, she WINS queen of noobs AND supports Eugenes ST addiction AND his village people membership !!!

any st player that has a gf/wifey knows what the fuck im talking about

yes im jealous so what>:(

edit: eugene is the cop FTW
    <garyangel> ceks,cani,robbiers,yito all mexico players dont know where kyouya
    <garyangel> (((((((((((((((
    <djfrijoles> kyouya is with his gf gary
    <Random.Jab.DP.Spamer> his gf is gary ?
  • ultracomboultracombo Weakest Loser Joined: Posts: 741
    I wanna enter with cammy lol. 8am though, these guys are europeans?
    "If ultracombo misses a low roundhouse, he is likely to continue doing it." - TheMuffinMan
    I wanna enter with cammy lol. 8am though, these guys are europeans?

Dude, they're from west LA. LOL. And I'm pretty sure you're not a noob, and even with Cammy, you'd still win.
    srsly doe. How much more awsoem can this chick be. her name is MILLER TIME for Christs sake! How much further do we have to go then that lol. Then, if that wasn't enough, she WINS queen of noobs AND supports Eugenes ST addiction AND his village people membership !!!

any st player that has a gf/wifey knows what the fuck im talking about

yes im jealous so what>:(

edit: eugene is the cop FTW

Goddamn. You just inflated Millertime's ego by x10. She's walking around the house and looking at me like I'm shit now, thanks to you, lol.

Actually, if anything, she's starting to get more addicted to ST. She's usually the one asking me to play with HER on HDR classic to practice. I'm pretty sure we've played Guile v. Honda for about 10+ hours this past week alone.

And is anybody else disturbed by the thought that Djfrijoles spends his time looking up Village People videos and imagining me in a cop costume dancing for him? *shivers*
    Goddamn. You just inflated Millertime's ego by x10. She's walking around the house and looking at me like I'm shit now, thanks to you, lol.
    Well, she is the exception to the rule ( girls dont play ST) plus she seems to be very cool, unlike certain other exception ( cough "C" cough "G") I guess u r lucky for she choosing u to be her BF.

And is anybody else disturbed by the thought that Djfrijoles spends his time looking up Village People videos and imagining me in a cop costume dancing for him? *shivers*
    Well, as the youtube's top comment remarks: "people say Village People is gay... Gay people made Village People their gay pride"
    Well, she is the exception to the rule ( girls dont play ST) plus she seems to be very cool, unlike certain other exception ( cough "C" cough "G") I guess u r lucky for she choosing u to be her BF.

True true. We're lucky in LA to have 2 girls who play ST. That's 2 more than like...any other ST scene on the planet outside of Japan, lol. Even then, I've only seen a few women play ST in random videos out of Japan.

So much hate for CigarGirl, lol. Actually, a few guys on youtube actually thought she was Cigargirl, just because of the fact that....well....she's a girl playing ST, lol.

Oh, believe me, it's not like she fell in love with SF the second she saw it. She actually hated it for a LONG time back when I casually played SF4. She didn't really understand it. She just thought it was button-mashing, etc etc etc. Once I actually took the time and sat down with her and taught her about the STRATEGY in the game, she really started to get into it. I think it helps that she was always into video games and competitive sports, so she took to SF4 pretty naturally. Now that I've taught her the basics, and taught her how to think and analyze for herself, she's really just taken off and started to improve gradually at her own pace without me giving much input.

I'm pretty sure if you give me anyone who's willing to learn the game, and give me some time, I can teach anyone the basics.
  • TheUtilityGirlTheUtilityGirl Joined: Posts: 155

Well, as the youtube's top comment remarks: "people say Village People is gay... Gay people made Village People their gay pride"

Why would you bring up my name in some bullshit totally unrelated to me? Just shows what a coward and a scrub you are.
    True true. We're lucky in LA to have 2 girls who play ST. That's 2 more than like...any other ST scene on the planet outside of Japan, lol. Even then, I've only seen a few women play ST in random videos out of Japan.

So much hate for CigarGirl, lol. Actually, a few guys on youtube actually thought she was Cigargirl, just because of the fact that....well....she's a girl playing ST, lol.

Oh, believe me, it's not like she fell in love with SF the second she saw it. She actually hated it for a LONG time back when I casually played SF4. She didn't really understand it. She just thought it was button-mashing, etc etc etc. Once I actually took the time and sat down with her and taught her about the STRATEGY in the game, she really started to get into it. I think it helps that she was always into video games and competitive sports, so she took to SF4 pretty naturally. Now that I've taught her the basics, and taught her how to think and analyze for herself, she's really just taken off and started to improve gradually at her own pace without me giving much input.

I'm pretty sure if you give me anyone who's willing to learn the game, and give me some time, I can teach anyone the basics.

The reason why sesshomaru, -thebastard-, Is treated poorly is because he spams people with challanges anyways talks shit has been caught using turbos no one has random hate for him for no reason and neither do I, I don't really talk to anyone and tried to make amends to squash the situation with sesshomaru but this is the type of thing that just shows you what kind of person he really is. No one has unwarranted hate for sessho everything he has done and said he deserves where he was put with people. He's like the lastscene of mexico.

Proof of the shit he does on ggpo before we all emailed ponder about him spamming consistently he was banned till a server reset:

As for anyone else I talked shit to in past has gotten an apology, Besides ultracombo.
    I only talk shit to certain people who talk shit first and friends like megaman and we just pick on eachother.

So do me a favor sesshomaru, Don't bring me up in anymore of your bullshit threads.
    <Markman> No one will die as long as I'm around
    <Markman> I parry armageddons with my finger
    <Markman> I can also parry your girl with my finger
    <Markman> Hold that

As for anyone else I talked shit to in past has gotten an apology, Besides ultracombo.
    I only talk shit to certain people who talk shit first and friends like megaman and we just pick on eachother.

So do me a favor sesshomaru, Don't bring me up in anymore of your bullshit threads.
    what Rcaido said about u:
    ...If you died today GGPO would be a better place.

Nuff said
  • TheUtilityGirlTheUtilityGirl Joined: Posts: 155
    what Rcaido said about u:

Nuff said

And rcaido's a HDR troll and is irrelevant.
    <Markman> No one will die as long as I'm around
    <Markman> I parry armageddons with my finger
    <Markman> I can also parry your girl with my finger
    <Markman> Hold that
    They're replaying the QoN 2 Tournament right now, if anybody feels like watching:

http://www.twitch.tv/arkadeum
  • VestaxVestax Blends No. 27 Joined: Posts: 1,487
    I'm sorry I haven't been following but I played Miller Time at Don's last weekend in casuals. As a Honda player myself, I can definitely vouch for Miller Time's Honda, quite good and tricky. I know I fell for a couple of those stored supers. Congrats.
    Play an old man's game. Play Super Turbo.
  • DarknessintheFogDarknessintheFog Joined: Posts: 187
    although i didnt get to play Millertime myself over that wkend, i can vouch for her as well.
    bc i saw her match w/ Zass during the tourney
    and all i can say is that her honda is like the way i like my dubstep ...

grimy

bottomline - Millertime is a beast w/ her honda !

ps - yo trouble , dirty rice ??? LoL XD
    DGV: whiff low jab into throw...leet tier!

Graham: I want to get back on ggpo but I cant
    Papasi: so what's wrong w/ your pc ?
    Graham: well first, I have to get a pc ~
  • FuddFudd High Level Parking Joined: Posts: 1,215
    I'm pretty sure we've played Guile v. Honda for about 10+ hours this past week alone.

Try Sim v. Honda. That match takes a lot of practice and killing Dhalsim in 15 seconds would definitely inflate her ego :p
    "See, Super Turbo is a real man's game... But Street Fighter 4's like Chuck-E-Cheese, baby. Y'know what I'm saying? Where a kid can be a kid. I'm a grown-ass man, so clearly I'm not old enough to go in the ball pit." -Steve Harrison (Translation: dat Fo' make you soft)
    Super Turbo Revival
    "Everyone has a plan until they get magnetized." -SpiderDan
    PSN: Metonymous | Battle.net: Noun#1214 | Steam: Noun Proper | YT
    I'm sorry I haven't been following but I played Miller Time at Don's last weekend in casuals. As a Honda player myself, I can definitely vouch for Miller Time's Honda, quite good and tricky. I know I fell for a couple of those stored supers. Congrats.
    although i didnt get to play Millertime myself over that wkend, i can vouch for her as well.

Yeah, it was pretty awesome watching her play Zass. She doesn't even have much Dictator matchup experience, but I taught her enough about how to play a solid enough Honda, where she can handle any of her matchups if she's able to play defensively. That, and having learned dirty ochio traps certainly helps.

Real talk though, she appreciates all the compliments guys. I'm not going to lie, she was actually pretty frustrated by her perceived lack of progress in ST. In a city full of killers, it's hard to rise up and see a noticeable improvement in tournament placings. Prior to the Capcom 25th LA Qualifier, she still considered herself a newbie player, especially since she primarily plays against guys like Papercut, DGV, Afro, etc etc... when we used to regularly attend tourneys in the past. So, this was a good experience for her to see that all that hard work, sweat, and tears, actually made her a far better player than she imagined. This was validated by her performance in the Capcom 25th, where she did admirably well in the Black Bracket, and learned a lot by playing against some of the new players we met.

Holy shit, I haven't laughed so hard at something I read online in a long time. LOL. That's got to be the most perfect name I've ever heard for that dude.

Looking forward to seeing all you norcal guys sometime in the near future.
    Try Sim v. Honda. That match takes a lot of practice and killing Dhalsim in 15 seconds would definitely inflate her ego :p

I did, I'm terrible at that matchup. lol. I'm actually trying to learn Sim, but I learned early on that I need to spend the next 2 years of my life, training on some sort of mountain top, and steeping myself in the art of Yoga and Sim in ST, in order to achieve that level of perfection.

It's so stressful playing Dhalsim. I literally feel like I have to be like a Yoga master and remain calm, and I just can't do that with some fatass 300-pound Japanese Sumo wrestler who wants to teabag me as soon as I drop the soap. I can't quite get the timing down to stop Honda's j.mk. I know i have to either do cr.jab, cr.forward or roundhouse at max range, and b.jab to beat it, but it always seems like he's able to beat it easily and then land with an ochio.

Other than that, I can handle Honda pretty easily. But I swear to God, whenever I see that gigantic fatman flying in the sky and eclipsing the sun, I think my life flashes before my eyes, before he lands and grabs me.
  • MillerTimeMillerTime Joined: Posts: 13

Thanks Vestax (cough cough Anthony) thanks for the vouch, let me know when your down to come back to Don's, thanks again for the fun matches! (and at least for some boxer experience....fuck the mirror matches ;P)
    and all i can say is that her honda is like the way i like my dubstep ...

grimy

Teehee...thanks Darkness, I was super grimy with Zas...hopefully we get to play again, and this time he said he would go guile....I can't wait :) And eltrouble had a brilliant idea of hijacking kuroppi's color's so I would mind fuck him :P hope it works. I have no fear for guile's now...honestly I feel like I need to practice shotos all the more and f***ing chun-li....damn that b***ch...gawd (sorry stacy), but like damdai said...THEY GAVE HER EVERYTHING @.@....I need to practice with Stacy again and again at Super... (I'm coming for you Frank Fresh :P)

Like eltrouble said, I've been playing his scrubby dhalsim...lol it gives him nightmares....teehee definitely inflates my ego :)
    PSN ID: eltrouble
    SF4AE2012: E.Honda
    SF2ST: E.Honda
  • Onslaught XOnslaught X Fear, actualizes true strength. Joined: Posts: 915
    I wish I knew how to work GGPO. :|

Is it pretty simple?
    I wish I knew how to work GGPO. :|

Is it pretty simple?
    http://ggpo.net/forums/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=3698
  • SotoSoto The un-safe jump master. ~FrankieSnow~ Joined: Posts: 244
    Charity Marathon Nov 7th - 12th / Host : Arkadeum SSF2T GGPO Tournament

http://www.twitch.tv/theebstream/b/339159256

GGs Arkadeum for support the marathon and ST
    Yeah, these Arkadeum guys don't advertise their GGPO tournaments much. I have to visit their channel every other day just to check to see when they're going to run another noob tournament.
    http://shoryuken.com/forum/index.php?events%2Fqueen-of-noobs-4-superturbo-ggpo-you.36401%2F

Arkadeum guys are having another Queen of Noobs #4 Tournament this Friday, Dec.7, at 7 pm PST. It's another fun tournament that encourages newer players to join in and get some valuable experience against other entry-level players. No entry fee.
    we need more tournaments, come on noobs!
    Totally forgot about this thread. This is how I met the guys originally, lol.
  • Jion_WansuJion_Wansu Joined: Posts: 6,033
    we need more tournaments, come on noobs!

I'll only join GGPO tournaments and offline tournaments if nothing is banned. Yes, that also means that Akuma is unbanned...