The Hit Box community has grown significantly in the last year or so, and it’s about time we have our own Street Fighter hub. Feel free to share tips and techniques, post videos, ask questions, get involved, and identify yourself as a Hit Box player in SSFIV! Even if you’re brand new to Hit Box, feel free to jump in on the conversation with any questions.
for any general or technical support questions. This thread is all about Street Fighter!
: Updated tutorials for the original How to Hit Box lessons and Hit Box Interactive learning tool to help you get started with the basics!
- Walking Dragon Punch - F, DF, F +
Hold Forward and tap Down. As soon as you release the Down button press
- Easiest and fastest DP.
- You can also rapidly tap Down to have a DP already buffered and impose your will!
- This shortcut is fantastic for combos. F + Jab, DF, F +
- Crouching Dragon Punch - DF, D, DF +
Hold DF and quickly release the F button and repress it.
- You remain crouching through the entire motion to keep your hitbox the lowest possible.
- The best anti air motion.
- Easiest from a blocking position.
- Great for comboing off of lows: DF + Short, D, DF +
Slide Half Circles
- F, D, B +
Take your index finger on Forward and slide to the left. Only the cardinal directions matter, and you can save yourself some serious frames here!
- B, D, F +
Take your MIDDLE finger and slide from Back to Forward
You can slide with your ring finger, but I find it easier to shift my middle finger over for a more controlled slide.
Slide Cardinal Double Half Circle
- F, D, B, F, D, B +
Move your ring finger over to Forward and slide to the left. Chase after with another slide with your Index finger for the second slide. It all comes out as one smooth motion.
- Stretch your fingers to create as much distance between the two slides as you can.
- Raise your middle finger to avoid pressing extra buttons.
- Cradle the motion with your wrist to make the motion easier.
- This requires practice, but is very rewarding for characters with this motion.
- P2 Side requires a more exaggerated cradle wrist motion to avoid hitting the attack buttons.
SOCD Walking FADC - Hold Forward, tap Back + Focus Attack
While you're holding Forward, simply tap focus attack + Back at the same time.
- This uses SOCD's to make your FADC much faster.
- You can blow through meaties and fireballs in one press for optimal offense.
- Never stop the forward pressure!
QCF x2 Ultra Shortcut From Neutral
- D, DF, D, F +
Input this shortcut normally, or use SOCD's to get the fastest "quick draw" ultra possible; achieving a true 4-frame input speed.
- Plink D-DF-BDF and release to F+
- Position your fingers like a ladder in different heights so when you press your hand down, you will naturally plink D->DF->BDF in the correct order.
Walking Ultra Shortcut - Hold Forward and tap DB twice,
Hold the Forward button and simply tap DB, DB
- This uses SOCD Down by holding Back + Down + Forward to = Down. (L+R=Neutral)
- This allows you to react and punish lots of specials and whiffs.
- It makes your FADC into Ultra combos much easier since you don't have to let go of Forward the entire combo.
Slide 360 - F, D, B, U +
Slide your index finger from Forward to Back and press Up +
together with your right hand.
- Slide as fast as you can for the fastest 360 possible.
- Skip all the diagonals to save frames.
- P2 side is the exact same motion: Slide Forward to Back. Not side dependant.
Any mixture of the cardinal directions to perform a 360 (270) degree motion. These methods are not as fast as sliding, but can be incorporated as buffer patterns into your footsies for a smarter, faster SPD.
“Waddle” 360 - :F, B, D, U +
/ B, F, D, U +
B, F and SOCD plink D to U +
- Buffer in the F and Back, and plink D to U +
to finish in two frames.
“Corkscrew” 360 -
, DB, B, F, UF +
Roll a quarter circle back, and plink F to UF +
when you’re ready to finish.
- Great for walking 360’s
“Standing 360” - U, F, D, B +
Only used for finishing walking Standing 720’s and practicing Standing 720’s.
- Note: One of the hardest things in Street Fighter. Get ready to practice.
- Easiest to tap U and slide F to B +
- Try to end with B +
perfectly, because you only have a few frames to complete the motion before your pre-jump frames run out.
- Buffer a cardinal 360 :)B, D, F / D, DB, B, F etc.), walk forward shortly, and finish with a Standing 360 + PPP for a walking Standing 720. See Standing 720 for more detail.
Slide 720 - F, D, B, U, B, D, F +
Take your index finger and slide F to B, tap U, and slide B to F with the same index finger. One smooth motion.
- Preferred method.
- B, D, F, U, B, D, F + PPP
2nd Position Recommended: Move your Right Index Finger (RIF) over to F and your Left Index Finger over to D for the fastest and cleanest piano.
Same notation, only performed at optimal speed.
- Extremely difficult. Get ready to practice.
- Slide method preferred.
- 7 Pre-jump frames for Zangief and T.Hawk to complete the Standing 360 portion of the move.
- Skipping the diagonals makes this viable for Hit Box in tournament.
- Try to end the 720 perfectly as a just frame on F + PPP, otherwise you are wasting frames and making life much harder on yourself.
- Practice makes perfect. :P