SFXT at Final Round XVI POOL ASSIGNMENTS ARE NOW UP!

2

Comments

  • GemakaiGemakai HadouKen what Others HadouKan't Joined: Posts: 826 ✭✭
    Definitely hope to be there and participate even if I'm guaranteed to lose
    BBCS:EX: Hakumen, Noel, Bang, Hazama | USF4: Vega, Makoto, Elena, Yun, Sakura | UMvC3: Felicia/Doom/Strider
    SFxT: Elena, Paul, Dudley, Vega, Asuka, Law, Julia, Bryan | P4A: Naoto, Aigis, Kanji, Shadow Labrys
  • Shadow AceShadow Ace The Ultimate Lif- Pony? Joined: Posts: 3,075 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I've ran sfxt brackets. Ran another this weekend at xanadu. So sign me up for that job.
    Also i think i said this but i guess i can say it again, VA is coming with one set up with all costumes and i think all unlock gem. Will top 8 looking to take the whole thing, but I've got to stop him!

    Can you at least pm the information I asked for in the OP...please...that goes for everyone else...

    I can't take someone's word like this...
    Once Known as Shadow Ace 50
    Chaos Control a hoe
    "the greatest weapon one can bring to a fight is his own mind" -L.Luther
  • alexlkdalexlkd Joined: Posts: 969
    i fully support the idea of being able to choose between using teams or using single player. Just as long as common sense rules apply like:

    -payouts go to the team if the team places high enough to get paid
    -people cant swap back and forth after tourney starts
    -people on a team cant also play as individuals
    -Teams should be able to split entry fee (only fair since teams have to split winnings)

    Teams should not be able to compete against single players. Teams have a massive advantage over single players called cross assault. Furthermore it is much easier to come up with strategies since you can combine your knowledge and strengths. Two heads are better than one.

    However just like in Smash, I think it would be a great idea to have a single player tourney and a separate team tourney running at the same tournament. It works really well for Smash and I think it could work really well for SF X T.
  • VegamanVegaman Soak in your own blood! Joined: Posts: 3,567 ✭✭
    Teams should not be able to compete against single players. Teams have a massive advantage over single players called cross assault. Furthermore it is much easier to come up with strategies since you can combine your knowledge and strengths. Two heads are better than one.

    However just like in Smash, I think it would be a great idea to have a single player tourney and a separate team tourney running at the same tournament. It works really well for Smash and I think it could work really well for SF X T.
    well what about the fact that single players have the advantage by not having to rely on their partner, and can tag at will?

    I mean if you ask me i think that the default for this game should be teams.
    "Nothing cheaper than something free."
    "You must wait at least 28623 seconds before performing this action."
    Jun 16, 2011 -- 12:28PM, DarthEnderX wrote:
    Makoto is about to have the best day ever.
  • alexlkdalexlkd Joined: Posts: 969
    well what about the fact that single players have the advantage by not having to rely on their partner, and can tag at will?

    I mean if you ask me i think that the default for this game should be teams.

    What's the problem with relying on your partner for a tag...? If you actually practice with your partner and talk to him/her it's not that difficult to know when to tag or not. Or you could just tell your partner in the match "tag please." That's not really much of a problem.

    What is a problem is when you are completely winning and then you get one shot by a team cross assault.

    I think teams do work well in this game but they should be separate from single player play.
  • VegamanVegaman Soak in your own blood! Joined: Posts: 3,567 ✭✭
    What's the problem with relying on your partner for a tag...? If you actually practice with your partner and talk to him/her it's not that difficult to know when to tag or not. Or you could just tell your partner in the match "tag please." That's not really much of a problem.

    What is a problem is when you are completely winning and then you get one shot by a team cross assault.

    I think teams do work well in this game but they should be separate from single player play.

    i 1 shotted someone using cross assault and the computer didnt do shit lol. i get your point tho.... so lets make teams standard then and give an option to people who want to play solo
    "Nothing cheaper than something free."
    "You must wait at least 28623 seconds before performing this action."
    Jun 16, 2011 -- 12:28PM, DarthEnderX wrote:
    Makoto is about to have the best day ever.
  • Shadow AceShadow Ace The Ultimate Lif- Pony? Joined: Posts: 3,075 ✭✭✭✭✭
    i 1 shotted someone using cross assault and the computer didnt do shit lol. i get your point tho.... so lets make teams standard then and give an option to people who want to play solo

    no, singles only...
    Once Known as Shadow Ace 50
    Chaos Control a hoe
    "the greatest weapon one can bring to a fight is his own mind" -L.Luther
  • rokninroknin Keeps Trying Joined: Posts: 4,551 ✭✭✭✭✭
    no, singles only...

    I'm in agreement with this, singles only.
    ~ aka "ninrok" aka "waifufighter" ~
    SFxT - Cammy, Juri, Elena, Nina, Poison, Julia, Marduk, Law
    Smash | Samus, ROB, Dedede, ZSS, Ness | USF4 - Rose, Cammy, Poison
    youtube | soundcloud | tumblr
  • VegamanVegaman Soak in your own blood! Joined: Posts: 3,567 ✭✭
    I'm in agreement with this, singles only.
    you guys are no fun. i should hold a side tourney for teams then
    "Nothing cheaper than something free."
    "You must wait at least 28623 seconds before performing this action."
    Jun 16, 2011 -- 12:28PM, DarthEnderX wrote:
    Makoto is about to have the best day ever.
  • alexlkdalexlkd Joined: Posts: 969
    you guys are no fun. i should hold a side tourney for teams then

    That's what I was saying. Hold a side tourney for teams only.
  • VegamanVegaman Soak in your own blood! Joined: Posts: 3,567 ✭✭
    That's what I was saying. Hold a side tourney for teams only.
    yeah but only because the option to make the main side tourney teams isnt there
    "Nothing cheaper than something free."
    "You must wait at least 28623 seconds before performing this action."
    Jun 16, 2011 -- 12:28PM, DarthEnderX wrote:
    Makoto is about to have the best day ever.
  • rokninroknin Keeps Trying Joined: Posts: 4,551 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I don't know man, maybe once the stigmas of the game are gone then yeah, a mixed tourney as a main tourney would be good. But singles and double tourneys as separate things just sounds like a better, more fair plan.
    ~ aka "ninrok" aka "waifufighter" ~
    SFxT - Cammy, Juri, Elena, Nina, Poison, Julia, Marduk, Law
    Smash | Samus, ROB, Dedede, ZSS, Ness | USF4 - Rose, Cammy, Poison
    youtube | soundcloud | tumblr
  • VicioushellsingVicioushellsing Joined: Posts: 422
    wow, what airline are trying to use Delta? where are you from...booking your tickets as a roundtrip now should not even be that high...im from atlanta and I once went to D.C roundtrip on airtran first class for less than $200...

    I would be flying in from utah. So the distance is a lot larger. But I want to be there for this event. My main issue is if i spend this 500$ plane ticket and then 300 on room, 200 on tourney and food for 3 days thats 1000$. And I already have a flight to japan a month and a half later. While i love my job, it doesn't exactly pay enough to allow me to take constant 1000$+ trips every couple months.

    However I would love to enter both tournaments if we have a singles and a doubles. I'd be alone but I would be all for pairing with someone else on the spot just so we can get more games in. Now I just need someone to pound me online and whip me into shape.
    Heres hoping for psylocke DLC. *crosses fingers*
  • Shadow AceShadow Ace The Ultimate Lif- Pony? Joined: Posts: 3,075 ✭✭✭✭✭
    hey guys just a reminder, if I do not get at least 5 fullsetups by January 25th 2013 im going to have to cancel the tournament...if know someone in your state who can assist with bringing one please ask them for me

    thanks
    Once Known as Shadow Ace 50
    Chaos Control a hoe
    "the greatest weapon one can bring to a fight is his own mind" -L.Luther
  • truendymiontruendymion Beer Me! Joined: Posts: 1,036 ✭✭✭
    Please no gems. Even in the 25th anniversary most of the players I saw did not use gems.
    All of my matches I used gems, all of my opponents had their gem setups. Its just part of the game dude.
  • WantonxWantonx Mooseknuckle Sammich Joined: Posts: 2,109 ✭✭
    hey guys just a reminder, if I do not get at least 5 fullsetups by January 25th 2013 im going to have to cancel the tournament...if know someone in your state who can assist with bringing one please ask them for me

    thanks

    It's only PS3s your looking for?
    Having seen Cool Runnings a bunch of years ago, I consider myself a certified bobsledding expert
    XBL : Racetract
  • STICKYBANDITSTICKYBANDIT Joined: Posts: 7
    This will be my 5th Final Round straight. Being from southeast TN, I'm just 2 hours away so I will def make it. That being said at this point I DON'T have all the DLC but I should have it by FR time. I will gladly provide a set-up, perhaps 2 if my roommate tags along. I'd planned on going even though my main game Melty Blood wouldn't be a feature this year but if we can get SFXT up and running I'm all the more hyped. Hope I can help if help is indeed still needed.
  • Fergus2k8Fergus2k8 Let's Rock! Joined: Posts: 2,615 ✭✭✭
    I'd come but you know, other side of the world and stuff :P
    SFIV - Rose/Sakura | SFxT - Sakura/Asuka | TTT2 - Asuka/Miharu
    Injustice - Harley Quinn | UMVC3 - Chris/Hsien/Sentinel
    KoF XIII - Athena/Kula/Yuri
  • allnighter453allnighter453 Joined: Posts: 31
    hey guys just a reminder, if I do not get at least 5 fullsetups by January 25th 2013 im going to have to cancel the tournament...if know someone in your state who can assist with bringing one please ask them for me

    thanks

    I might be able to bring a setup if I get this second job this month. I need to tell you though I would only be able to bring a system and game because bringing a tv is simply impossible. I would also like to add my game might be a japanese copy lol i haven't bought it yet, but i should tell you I live in china. I'm from GA though and I know a few people with the game but they definitely dont have anything for it because they all gave up on it. So if i get this second job I'd be more than willing to enter just to boost the numbers, i dont play sfxt and havent played it since before the dlc came out back when i was in the states, but whatever i'll enter if i can show up, im trying me best to get there though. so don't count on my setup (especially since i have to bring it from the otherside of the world) but i'll see what I can do.


    i plan on entering every game though if i come...i might as well since i would be travelling 8000 miles lol
  • DarkphyreDarkphyre single-minded Joined: Posts: 1,306 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Currently trying to get funds together to make this work, but I'm going to try and make it out and bring my setup (not an asus but has no lag that I'm aware of). I'll know for certain if I can make it at the end of january.
    Steam/PSN: Darkphyre
    XBL/GFWL: Shaniril
    SFxT: Juri, Asuka, Lili, Nina, Alisa
    BBCP: Izayoi, Bullet, MU-13
    www.youtube.com/Darkphyre
  • SongiSongi Raw launcher warrior! Joined: Posts: 1,334
    I'm gonna try to bring my setup as well. I'll have to look into scooping up a monitor that is easy to move around during black friday (or thursday) sales this coming week. I already have the money set aside for the trip.
    SFxT: Christie/Xiaoyu subs: Lili or Asuka
    TTT2: Xiaoyu / Lili , Jun / Asuka Learning: Anna
    PSN: Songi_Legaia
    http://rawtag.blogspot.com/
  • Shadow AceShadow Ace The Ultimate Lif- Pony? Joined: Posts: 3,075 ✭✭✭✭✭
    guess I should extend the deadline because really the end of january and first two weeks of february is when people can make sure they are coming or not.

    its up in the air with me right now because of a sudden finance situation so I should know something by then as well..hopefully everything works out for people
    Once Known as Shadow Ace 50
    Chaos Control a hoe
    "the greatest weapon one can bring to a fight is his own mind" -L.Luther
  • rokninroknin Keeps Trying Joined: Posts: 4,551 ✭✭✭✭✭
    LOL well I don't feel so bad saying I'll know by the end of January now... waiting for dem tax returns, I hope and pray.
    ~ aka "ninrok" aka "waifufighter" ~
    SFxT - Cammy, Juri, Elena, Nina, Poison, Julia, Marduk, Law
    Smash | Samus, ROB, Dedede, ZSS, Ness | USF4 - Rose, Cammy, Poison
    youtube | soundcloud | tumblr
  • SGLeroySGLeroy Bob Cop Joined: Posts: 109
    well what about the fact that single players have the advantage by not having to rely on their partner, and can tag at will?

    I mean if you ask me i think that the default for this game should be teams.
    I disagree with this, only because teams is what me and friend agreed on was what got this game in the ditch its in currently in the FGC, and if anything solo play should be the standard, hell, solo play is the standard in everything except in-person competitive play, lots of people are competitive solo online, at locals, in-person casuals... but the moment SFxT is at a major or something, everyone suddenly thinks team play should be the only way to play SFxT, I mean seriously? You guys haven't even seen what solo play is like because of this idea that because team players are slightly handicapped because the whole switch cancel on demand thing that team play should be the standard, that and its more "hype" right? The game died fast last time, are you really willing to see it die again because you don't want to change something that in my eyes (team play) was one of the reasons this game didn't do well in the competitive fighting game scene in the first place.
  • VegamanVegaman Soak in your own blood! Joined: Posts: 3,567 ✭✭
    I disagree with this, only because teams is what me and friend agreed on was what got this game in the ditch its in currently in the FGC, and if anything solo play should be the standard, hell, solo play is the standard in everything except in-person competitive play, lots of people are competitive solo online, at locals, in-person casuals... but the moment SFxT is at a major or something, everyone suddenly thinks team play should be the only way to play SFxT, I mean seriously? You guys haven't even seen what solo play is like because of this idea that because team players are slightly handicapped because the whole switch cancel on demand thing that team play should be the standard, that and its more "hype" right? The game died fast last time, are you really willing to see it die again because you don't want to change something that in my eyes (team play) was one of the reasons this game didn't do well in the competitive fighting game scene in the first place.


    i think evo being only team play and being the first major with team play hurt it. I dont think team play in and of itself hurt it. just my 2 cents but i think it should be completely open where anyone can pick a team or solo, but some people dont like the idea of mixing teams and solo.

    if team play was what was killing this game then the game would have had a better showing before evo, and would have picked up on it's own again after evo, since no major tourney runs sfxt as teams
    "Nothing cheaper than something free."
    "You must wait at least 28623 seconds before performing this action."
    Jun 16, 2011 -- 12:28PM, DarthEnderX wrote:
    Makoto is about to have the best day ever.
  • Shooting Star RockmanShooting Star Rockman Jaded Joined: Posts: 1,210 ✭✭✭
    Team play was untimely back then since the game was still new, but if players will be doing nothing but cross rushes the only thing worth looking forward to in team play would be the cross assault.
  • PsychobluePsychoblue the Conductor of the Hype Train Joined: Posts: 1,586 ✭✭✭✭
    I just booked my hotel reservation, so it's almost certain that I will be there. I most likely will not be bringing my own PS3 to the venue as I need to leave Sunday afternoon to make it back in time for work the next day, but I look forward to meeting everyone.
  • LSlickLSlick Joined: Posts: 188
    I am more than willing to bring a ps3 to Final Round if needed. I just need to get ppl to cosign the hotel situation since I am from NY :D
  • Shadow AceShadow Ace The Ultimate Lif- Pony? Joined: Posts: 3,075 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I will be updating this thread either today or tomorrow so look out you guys
    Once Known as Shadow Ace 50
    Chaos Control a hoe
    "the greatest weapon one can bring to a fight is his own mind" -L.Luther
  • Shadow AceShadow Ace The Ultimate Lif- Pony? Joined: Posts: 3,075 ✭✭✭✭✭
    BIG ANNOUNCEMENT YOU GUYS: setups will no longer be needed as SFXT is now an official game!

    PRE-REGISTER TODAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!! BUT WE STILL NEED PEOPLE TO VOLUNTEER TO HELP RUN BRACKETS

    I expect heavy hitters to be there so lets get it!!!
    Once Known as Shadow Ace 50
    Chaos Control a hoe
    "the greatest weapon one can bring to a fight is his own mind" -L.Luther
  • SimSimIVSimSimIV 2nd. in command of the SFxT Defense Force Joined: Posts: 1,239 ✭✭
    Great news! Wish I was able to go too!
    Simsimiv: Little known fact: Tatsu shaved his head for SFxT
    Shaniril: I thought he shaved his head for the children
    Tatsunical: for the sfxt playing children
    Tatsunical: the children that play marvel can go f**k themselves
  • rokninroknin Keeps Trying Joined: Posts: 4,551 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I hope no one takes this as a sign to just chill and be like "ah okay, no worries now." Still gotta' do our best to show up in force.
    ~ aka "ninrok" aka "waifufighter" ~
    SFxT - Cammy, Juri, Elena, Nina, Poison, Julia, Marduk, Law
    Smash | Samus, ROB, Dedede, ZSS, Ness | USF4 - Rose, Cammy, Poison
    youtube | soundcloud | tumblr
  • Shadow AceShadow Ace The Ultimate Lif- Pony? Joined: Posts: 3,075 ✭✭✭✭✭
    me and Kiyo will be repping our turf, im getting top 8 >:)
    th?id=I.5061808717103160&pid=1.7&w=200&h=148&c=7&rs=1

    Once Known as Shadow Ace 50
    Chaos Control a hoe
    "the greatest weapon one can bring to a fight is his own mind" -L.Luther
  • bcydebcyde Custom Title Joined: Posts: 51
    BIG ANNOUNCEMENT YOU GUYS: setups will no longer be needed as SFXT is now an official game!

    PRE-REGISTER TODAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!! BUT WE STILL NEED PEOPLE TO VOLUNTEER TO HELP RUN BRACKETS

    I expect heavy hitters to be there so lets get it!!!

    Great news. Unfortunately, I won't be able to be there, but is there anything organized where people can show support by dropping in some extra cash to add to the pot? If I went, I'd just be a pot monster anyway, but if I could drop in like $50 to add to the pot to help support the game I'd be willing to.
  • LSlickLSlick Joined: Posts: 188
    Looks like I will definitely be going to FR :D
  • wynturtlewynturtle Joined: Posts: 221
    Sweet, I'll be there- Just gotta be less free before march :P
  • VicioushellsingVicioushellsing Joined: Posts: 422
    I'm waiting to see what ipl does for ipl 6. I can easily drive to Vegas and get rooms for cheap due to MVP stAtus discount. But adding 500$ flight probably won't cut it
    Heres hoping for psylocke DLC. *crosses fingers*
  • kdash420kdash420 I'm afraid I've got some BAD NEWS! Joined: Posts: 172
    If teams were allowed, I'd be excited about this. This game is much more fun playing with another person than in the 1v1 format.
  • WantonxWantonx Mooseknuckle Sammich Joined: Posts: 2,109 ✭✭
    I wonder what that sudden change that happened was?
    Having seen Cool Runnings a bunch of years ago, I consider myself a certified bobsledding expert
    XBL : Racetract
  • rokninroknin Keeps Trying Joined: Posts: 4,551 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I wonder what that sudden change that happened was?

    Dunno. Game seems to be really picking up steam with the update on the way, so that probably helped. Either way, tis good news indeed!
    ~ aka "ninrok" aka "waifufighter" ~
    SFxT - Cammy, Juri, Elena, Nina, Poison, Julia, Marduk, Law
    Smash | Samus, ROB, Dedede, ZSS, Ness | USF4 - Rose, Cammy, Poison
    youtube | soundcloud | tumblr
  • WantonxWantonx Mooseknuckle Sammich Joined: Posts: 2,109 ✭✭
    I agree. I wonder what people from the IV scene in ATL are jumping on? I've gotten some random calls from people I used to play that locally with that I haven't spoken to in almost a year. I'm pretty sure it's related to this.
    Having seen Cool Runnings a bunch of years ago, I consider myself a certified bobsledding expert
    XBL : Racetract
  • *Above Omnipotence*Above Omnipotence Semi-Supreme Being Joined: Posts: 304
    The way I see it is like this: Learn how to play with the gems, and learn how to play without the gems. If you're in a tournament and spark a beef with the person that defeated you because of the gems then, simply pull that person aside and ask if they would Money Match you without the gems. If they refuse the bet then, you already KNOW you can defeat them without the gems.
    I'm 2nd. to God's power. I'm the semi-supreme being.
  • J0E LEWISJ0E LEWIS Always Godlike Joined: Posts: 773
    Gems better be unbanned.


    Sent from my iPad2 using Tapatalk
    I am a member of Always Godlike.
    You can find more information about our Team what what we do at.
    alwaysgodlike.com
  • Shadow AceShadow Ace The Ultimate Lif- Pony? Joined: Posts: 3,075 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Gems better be unbanned.


    Sent from my iPad2 using Tapatalk

    rules are with the higher ups now, im not sure what the ruling is now

    if Gems are allowed people better remember ID numbers :coffee: because im going hard with my all defense/meter setups..lol
    Once Known as Shadow Ace 50
    Chaos Control a hoe
    "the greatest weapon one can bring to a fight is his own mind" -L.Luther
  • alexlkdalexlkd Joined: Posts: 969
    rules are with the higher ups now, im not sure what the ruling is now

    if Gems are allowed people better remember ID numbers :coffee: because im going hard with my all defense/meter setups..lol

    Great... Can you reply once you know what the rules will be regarding gems?
  • Shadow AceShadow Ace The Ultimate Lif- Pony? Joined: Posts: 3,075 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Great... Can you reply once you know what the rules will be regarding gems?

    Gems allowed, remember ID numbers people
    Once Known as Shadow Ace 50
    Chaos Control a hoe
    "the greatest weapon one can bring to a fight is his own mind" -L.Luther
  • SongiSongi Raw launcher warrior! Joined: Posts: 1,334
    Gems allowed, remember ID numbers people
    If you actually play this game competitively or even somewhat competitively you will remember gem numbers (put them in your Iphone, Galaxy Note, Ipad or whatever you got). Not that hard, just practice using the gem selection interface before you compete and it will take no time at all. The only thing I'm concerned with is, will all setups have the entire list of gems unlocked or will it be limited to non-paid dlc gems?
    SFxT: Christie/Xiaoyu subs: Lili or Asuka
    TTT2: Xiaoyu / Lili , Jun / Asuka Learning: Anna
    PSN: Songi_Legaia
    http://rawtag.blogspot.com/
  • alexlkdalexlkd Joined: Posts: 969
    Gems allowed, remember ID numbers people


    Thanks for letting me know. I will no longer be attending this tournament.
  • SimSimIVSimSimIV 2nd. in command of the SFxT Defense Force Joined: Posts: 1,239 ✭✭
    Thanks for letting me know. I will no longer be attending this tournament.
    Seems like you are overreacting. For every gem the opponent uses, you can probably find a counter gem.
    Simsimiv: Little known fact: Tatsu shaved his head for SFxT
    Shaniril: I thought he shaved his head for the children
    Tatsunical: for the sfxt playing children
    Tatsunical: the children that play marvel can go f**k themselves
  • alexlkdalexlkd Joined: Posts: 969
    Seems like you are overreacting. For every gem the opponent uses, you can probably find a counter gem.

    No. I have no way of knowing the types of gems you use (besides the colors) nor their conditions of activation. Even if I did know them, to be able to strategize around that is too much.

    If I am going to use 2 meters to do a combo that brings in one one of my characters that is about to die to finish you off, and then you live because of gems, that is not fair. You could easily make a comeback just for having a random gem completely unrelated to your skill.

    Don't know why people think that is fair to be forced to play with such an unknown and unnecessary factor. It has been too often that I should have won a match only to have the opponent randomly appear with 2 more meters, or to randomly survive my final attack.

    Being able to calculate what you have to do to kill someone is very important in fighting games. To have that randomly change because of gems is not fair. Gems allow crazy things to occur in matches that should never happen. Fundamentals should be what wins a match, NOT random factor gems.

    Now if two people agree to having that disadvantage and to both use gems, then they have agreed to that. I should not be forced to agree to play against that disadvantage.

    Also I understand how gems can be fun, and online there is nothing at stake losing to players with gems. But in a competitive scene where it should be the player's skill that wins, gems should not be the default.
2
Sign In or Register to comment.