Having some trouble doing ken,ryu's shoruken on a fightpad

IchiIchi The Broke NoobJoined: Posts: 23
Finally got my fightpad and super street 4 ae but for some reason i can't do that move,can anyone with a fightpad give me some kind of clue as to how to register that move on the fightpad d-pad,i can can do other moves but that movie has been kicking my a** in training move and trials.

Comments

• DanDanDanDan Yeah! Joined: Posts: 1,209 ✭✭
    :f:,:qcf:+ :p:

or
    :df:, :df: + :p:
    KOF and AE 2012
  • Trouble BrewingTrouble Brewing Salty about Ultra Joined: Posts: 4,559 mod
    Please read the stickies before asking questions.

If you can't do a move, look up the command for it in the game. Go to training mode. Turn on input display. See what you're doing wrong.

http://shoryuken.com/forum/index.php?threads/srk-newbie-saikyo-dojo-execution-guide-read-me.102691/
    :f:,:qcf:+ :p:

or
    :df:, :df: + :p:
    If you are going to post alternate, incorrect motions for moves, please explain more thoroughly.
    The artist formerly known as Starcade RIP
  • LanimalLanimal Joined: Posts: 45
    Please read the stickies before asking questions.

If you can't do a move, look up the command for it in the game. Go to training mode. Turn on input display. See what you're doing wrong.

http://shoryuken.com/forum/index.php?threads/srk-newbie-saikyo-dojo-execution-guide-read-me.102691/

If you are going to post alternate, incorrect motions for moves, please explain more thoroughly.
    In SSF4 some moves can be buffered like that due to how overly lenient the input recognition is. How ever, it might be D, DF, D, DF (as said by James Chen) To OP, practice doing QCF (Hadouken) when that's easy enough, just input forward then QCF and it should get easier as you go along.
    If you don't like the game, then why play it???
    SSF4AE Makoto/Gen
    TTT2 DJ/Hei Hei/Leo DJ/Christie
    SFxT Yoshi/Christie
    UMVC3 X-23/Iron Man/RocketRaccoon Dormammu/Strange/Magneto
  • eltroubleeltrouble Joined: Posts: 5,552 ✭✭✭✭
    In SSF4 some moves can be buffered like that due to how overly lenient the input recognition is. How ever, it might be D, DF, D, DF (as said by James Chen) To OP, practice doing QCF (Hadouken) when that's easy enough, just input forward then QCF and it should get easier as you go along.

I think TB is just trying to cement the idea that you should learn to do the motion properly without trying to abuse any input shortcuts. This forces you to learn a clean style of execution. This is so that he'll be able to consistently perform a fireball or DP motion across a variety of games, while minimizing the risk of error or risking learning a poor style of execution that will lead to the wrong move coming out.
  • paqman3dpaqman3d Joined: Posts: 94
    Make sure you start with forward first, then do a fireball motion. That's the easiest I can explain it, and I own a fightpad.
  • LanimalLanimal Joined: Posts: 45
    I think TB is just trying to cement the idea that you should learn to do the motion properly without trying to abuse any input shortcuts. This forces you to learn a clean style of execution. This is so that he'll be able to consistently perform a fireball or DP motion across a variety of games, while minimizing the risk of error or risking learning a poor style of execution that will lead to the wrong move coming out.
    I respect that.
    If you don't like the game, then why play it???
    SSF4AE Makoto/Gen
    TTT2 DJ/Hei Hei/Leo DJ/Christie
    SFxT Yoshi/Christie
    UMVC3 X-23/Iron Man/RocketRaccoon Dormammu/Strange/Magneto
  • huckles98huckles98 Joined: Posts: 668
    Learn it right and drill it til you can't mess it up.

F,D,DF

Otherwise when you eventually try a different game you will struggle with the input being more precise.
  • Timeless GuardianTimeless Guardian Joined: Posts: 3
    Make sure you start with forward first, then do a fireball motion. That's the easiest I can explain it, and I own a fightpad.

Paqman is right just start thinking of it as forward then fireball motion. Just keep practicing and it'll eventually click.
  • AsaCarterAsaCarter Rainbow Ballin' Since '99 Joined: Posts: 254
    just drag your thumb. If you are facing right, drag your thumb from the down direction and slide it to the right direction, if you slide it'll pick up that diagnol along the way, eventually you'll get blisters but it'll turn into a callasus, The true sign of fightpad users xD

don't forget to move forward first though.
  • paqman3dpaqman3d Joined: Posts: 94
    I also should add I had a horrendous time learning how to play SF4 on a pad, because the guide motions don't make that much sense when translated over to a d-pad, as they were designed to be interpreted on a stick. Doing a shoryuken, tiger knee, or even a condor spire (the backwards version of those inputs) are just Z's. It's just confusing for new players lol.

It also doesn't help the Mad Catz fightpad isn't the best at picking up diagonals or sweeping motions. I mean, it works, but it takes a lot more effort than it should. Go in practice mode and pick Sagat. Since his low tiger shots require the kick buttons, this is a nice exercise I used to increase execution and diagnose what I'm doing wrong.

Okay, do Light, Medium, and Heavy high tiger shots in that order. Then do the same with tiger upper cut. If you mess up with any of those, start over. Move onto low tiger shots and tiger knees. Do this three times without error on each side of the screen. When you really get used to that, mix it up. High shot, Tiger Knee, Low Shot, Tiger Uppercut, etc., etc...

It feels stupid and like a major waste of time, but trust me, it works. I took a break from online play (both ranked and endless) to just up my execution doing these ridiculous drills for about an hour a day for a month or two. Get your timing down and watch your inputs on the display. Figure out what you're doing right and wrong will come naturally over time.