Hyper Street Fighter Zero (Codes+Secrets+Extra Stuff)

Comments

• [Roz][Roz] Joined: Posts: 78
    Does anyone know if the Saikyo and Mazi modes are available in Hyper SFA? Also, I'm assuming that the Classical mode is the CE ISM.
    www.ptfighters.com, home to the Portuguese fighting game community.
  • Rico!Rico! SRK's Chauvinist Joined: Posts: 694
    Can I get a complete list of games in this collection? Along with all the arranged games there are arcade perfect ports right?
    Currently Playing: Bayonetta
  • Demon DashDemon Dash Hyper Viper Raccoon! Joined: Posts: 5,880
    [Roz] wrote:
    Does anyone know if the Saikyo and Mazi modes are available in Hyper SFA? Also, I'm assuming that the Classical mode is the CE ISM.
    Yes they are, it's the same screen as the new Isms. Normal mode, Saikyo and Mazi (I don't know what order they're in), then finnally A3 Classic. CE-Ism is Champinship Edition SFII, the Classic characters from SFA2 and SFA2G are also selecteble by holding start on the game select screen in Hyper. Don't confuse either of these for SFA3 Classic characters.... They're not the same.
    "I'm speculating that it was M.O.D.O.K. that tore my dog's ACL. That crazy maniac was flying his hoverchair DRUNK. DRUNK on POWER. And booze. But mostly on POWER!" - corrosivefrost :rofl:
  • master akumamaster akuma akumacombos.com Joined: Posts: 447
    no9176 wrote:
    Can I get a complete list of games in this collection? Along with all the arranged games there are arcade perfect ports right?

If Im not wrong its:

Street Fighter Zero 1
    Street Fighter Zero 2
    Street Fighter Zero 2 Gold
    Street Fighter Zero 3
    Pocket Fighter
    Street Fighter Zero 1 Arrange
    Street Fighter Zero 2 Arrange
    Street Fighter Zero 2 Gold Arrange
    Street Fighter Zero 3 Arrange
    Hyper Street Fighter Alpha

I added the game versions to the bottom of first post.

If anyone see any wrong information please post it so we can correct it.
    CvS2 - C Vega,Hibiki,Morrigan,Cammy,Sakura,Blanka,Sagat
    SSF2T - Vega,Honda,Dhalsim,Chun
    A2 - Chun,Ryu
    Garou - Kain
  • SystemSystem Joined: Posts: 508,676 admin
    So can Zangief transform using Marvel-ism?.:rofl:

Anyone!?.
    Anyone!?.
    I have no idea, I didnt got my copy yet from play-asia.com (with luck maybe in the next few days) but maybe Demon Dash knows something about that.

If anyone has more codes/secrets for Hyper Alpha: please post it.
    A2 - Chun,Ryu
    Garou - Kain
    Cool well if anyone else knows post it.:smokin:
  • Saotome KanedaSaotome Kaneda Watch your back Joined: Posts: 5,332 mod
    Anyone!?.
    No Mech-Gief. He'd be pretty stupid though if he were in. Gief also has no marvel styled effects(no air SPD, no UFAB, no non-super ARS, no 4 hit SC-able P lariat). So far only the super popular chars get their Marvel edits.
    Original Team Sp00ky Member - Only the finest of Poverty™ Gaming Hipster™
    Comic-Z vs Super Metroid Watch if you want to lose your mind
    Looking through Extra Options, and I see a wierd entry. What the fuck does Friendship mean, and why can I set it to infinity?
    So when will people start discussing teirs for this? I figure that would be interesting...
  • WilWil Joined: Posts: 6,079
    ImMrDurp wrote:
    So when will people start discussing teirs for this? I figure that would be interesting...

nah the entire game is broken. soundtrack, menus, etc.
    SFV: Cammy, Ibuki, Karin
    ImMrDurp wrote:
    Considering all the possibilities, you're better off tiering the ISMs really, and even then we still need to consider all the dipswitches and what they change... However, CE-ism looks like it has top for the moment, thanks to stupid damage and stun(16-20 pts of stun for each heavy? GTFO).
    Looking through Extra Options, and I see a wierd entry. What the fuck does Friendship mean, and why can I set it to infinity?

huh? :confused:
    what do you mean by that Saotome? its a new option that was added after you beat the game "x" number of times or something like that?
    A2 - Chun,Ryu
    Garou - Kain
  • kenmastersXkenmastersX Stone Nguyen Joined: Posts: 3,271

I believe that it's referring to taunts. In the Alpha games they were only doable once a match outside of Dan. It's the only thing I can think of. I'm not home right now, so could you check if this is the case?
    Evo MvC3 top 32 choke artist. :(

Also, I'm not Richard Nguyen's brother!
    No Mech-Gief. He'd be pretty stupid though if he were in. Gief also has no marvel styled effects(no air SPD, no UFAB, no non-super ARS, no 4 hit SC-able P lariat). So far only the super popular chars get their Marvel edits.

:sad: Oh well.
    Yeah there's some funny old options, you can even set super canceling on in A1. :confused:

Edit: Scrap that statement, 3S-Ism = X-Ism.
    "I'm speculating that it was M.O.D.O.K. that tore my dog's ACL. That crazy maniac was flying his hoverchair DRUNK. DRUNK on POWER. And booze. But mostly on POWER!" - corrosivefrost :rofl:
    Demon Dash wrote:
    Yeah there's some funny old options, you can even set super canceling on in A1. :confused:

You mean cancel super moves into specials?? only in Alpha 1 game or can be done as well in Hyper Alpha if you sleect A1 groove?
    A2 - Chun,Ryu
    Garou - Kain
    Which version of A1 had super canceling?
    Demon Dash wrote:
    Which version of A1 had super canceling?

Super Cancel in A1 as far as I know: none
    A2 - Chun,Ryu
    Garou - Kain
    I believe that it's referring to taunts. In the Alpha games they were only doable once a match outside of Dan. It's the only thing I can think of. I'm not home right now, so could you check if this is the case?
    Well, whadda ya know, it IS the inf taunt switch. I thought that would be a dipswitch star.

And MA, I'm sure you meant cancel a Super FROM a special, not TO a special.
    Well, whadda ya know, it IS the inf taunt switch. I thought that would be a dipswitch star.

And MA, I'm sure you meant cancel a Super FROM a special, not TO a special.

You are right, but from what he was asking it seems that was cancelling a super move into a special.

btw: a friend of our portuguese fighting game community has Hyper Alpha and he posted that some characters can select up to more than 30 grooves??

its something like this:

He selected Akuma and from that character there is more than 30 possible "grooves" that the character Akuma can select?
    here is the chart:

|- Zero1.
    |- Zero 2.
    |- Zero 2 Alpha.
    |- Zero 2 (Secret): Shin Akuma (Alpha2)
    |- Zero 2 Alpha (Secret): Shin Akuma (Alpha2)
    |- Zero 3
    | |- Green
    | | |- X-ISM.
    | | |- Z-ISM (A-ISM).
    | | \- V-ISM.
    | |- Blue
    | | |- X-ISM.
    | | |- Z-ISM (A-ISM).
    | | \- V-ISM.
    | |- Pink
    | | |- X-ISM.
    | | |- Z-ISM (A-ISM).
    | | \- V-ISM.
    | |- Orange: Classic.
    | |- S-ISM Green.
    | |- S-ISM Blue.
    | |- S-ISM Pink.
    | \- S-ISM Orange.
    |
    \- Zero 3 (secret): Shin Akuma (Alpha3)
    |- Green
    | |- X-ISM.
    | |- Z-ISM (A-ISM).
    | \- V-ISM.
    |- Blue
    | |- X-ISM.
    | |- Z-ISM (A-ISM).
    | \- V-ISM.
    |- Pink
    | |- X-ISM.
    | |- Z-ISM (A-ISM).
    | \- V-ISM.
    |- Orange: Classic.
    |- S-ISM Green.
    |- S-ISM Blue.
    |- S-ISM Pink.
    \- S-ISM Orange.

is this possible?
    A2 - Chun,Ryu
    Garou - Kain
    ImMrDurp wrote:

Tiers? Well... If I was to tier the Isms, so far imo I'd say:

CE-Ism
    V-Ism
    DS-Ism
    3S-Ism
    X-Ism
    Z-Ism
    VS-Ism

CE's blatantly over powered. Only X-Ism characters should benefit from 3S-Ism. DS-Ism's I think's a bit hit and miss..... If they benefit from the chains... Great; if they don't then they're going to be better off in there origional Isms. Then VS-Ism to be honest I can't see any real improvements besides the selected cast, it'll be hard to determine if the characters are even usefull. VS-Dhalsim should be beastly.
  • Dark GeeseDark Geese Joined: Posts: 12,439
    Man I cant wait to get my hands on this game!!! I'll input sme stuff too once I get my hands on it!
    **The KOF Cup 2011: March 10-14th, CDJ, Mexico w/Hummer from JAPAN!**
    **Mexico vs. Japan Part III!!**
    Just curious, has anyone here actually beat everything all of the games (not just Arcade Mode, but all Dramatic and Survival Modes)? The fact that there are Puzzle Fighter samples in the sound test has my curiousity piqued.
    Special Cancelling is only available for Alpha 1 on page 3 of its extra options menu. There is also an air combo switch ( combo air normals/specials/supers ) The only other way to get Super Cancelling is to pick the SF3 - ism in HSFA. Unless world tour existed on this disk, in which case there would be a 3rd option for special cancelling.

last night I went through all of the sounds and yes there are puzzle fighter songs, including the saturn remixes. Whats odd is that I could have sworn that there also were dreamcast/psx alpha 3 world tour music as well as training music.
  • ruff0123ruff0123 Joined: Posts: 529
    Bill Wood wrote:
    Just curious, has anyone here actually beat everything all of the games (not just Arcade Mode, but all Dramatic and Survival Modes)? The fact that there are Puzzle Fighter samples in the sound test has my curiousity piqued.

I beat the Zero 3 Arrange Survival and Dramatic mode but didn't unlock anything. Beating the Survival mode doesn't even trigger the save screen, it just kicks you to the menu select screen.

Currently I'm trying to beat the game with all the character but I've lost track on who I finished it with :looney:
  • ruthless_nashruthless_nash Joined: Posts: 2,044
    ok dudes, everytime i unlock hyper shit, i seem to lose it. can someone answer this simple question, where EXACTLY do i go to save, and where do i go to load? how much space does the total files need? thanks.
  • Mycah LeonhartMycah Leonhart The Pope of Bootyism Joined: Posts: 1,028
    Wow, I really want this game now.......will it ever come to X-Box Live?!

Lookin' at those pics took me back to the Mid 90's :sad:
    R.I.P. Nate Hunt - Gone but never forgotten.
    Stand Tall and Shake the Heavens.......
    Netplay Fix = http://www.shoryuken.com/showthread.php?t=214258&p=8269146
  • YellowS4YellowS4 Joined: Posts: 4,579
    Ruthless, just go to options for any game and turn on auto save, it'll do that for all your games. The only thing you have to change is just settings like button config, difficulty, etc one time for each game and that's it.
  • TheGlowTheGlow Inverted Reverse Fall-away Master Joined: Posts: 900 ✭✭✭✭✭ OG
    Ive found the save system odd.
    With auto save off and never saving manually, my stuff is saved.
    Yet when I unlocked Hyper once, it undid mycredit for SFZ1 , yet it wasnt the first or last I beat, so it seems to pick what it wants to save.
    I think its horrendous it changes button setup for each joint.
    One nice touch I'm pleased about..... I don't know how many of you have been playing vs mode, but the A and A2 characters have their own super screens. They might not be the origional ones but the orangey gold A3 screens look just as nice. Also it was cool to see Akuma's RD screen from A2 in there aswell.
    TheGlow wrote:
    Ive found the save system odd.
    With auto save off and never saving manually, my stuff is saved.
    Yet when I unlocked Hyper once, it undid mycredit for SFZ1 , yet it wasnt the first or last I beat, so it seems to pick what it wants to save.
    I think its horrendous it changes button setup for each joint.
    That's wierd... What I did when I first turned on the game(after doing the HDD install of course) was go to each game, turn on Auto Save in each one, and after setting auto save in that game, changing the options as necessary. that way it'll save everything regardless of what I did or unlocked. Of course you have to do it again once you unlock the other games, but it worked fine for me.
    I made a correction in the groove system and added to the first post:

Normal Grooves:
    SF ZERO 1
    SF ZERO 2
    SF ZERO 2 Gold
    SF ZERO 3 Normal (X-ISM, A-ISM, V-ISM)
    SF ZERO 3 Mazi (X-ISM, A-ISM, V-ISM)
    SF ZERO 3 Saikyo (X-ISM, A-ISM, V-ISM)
    SF ZERO 3 Classic

Secret Grooves:
    ISM Green (Darkstalkers)
    ISM Blue (3rd Strike)
    ISM Pink (Champion Edition)
    ISM Orange (Marvel)

any more news to be added or changes that need to be done?
    A2 - Chun,Ryu
    Garou - Kain
  • tatakitataki misplaced Joined: Posts: 7,692
    I made a correction in the groove system and added to the first post:

Normal Grooves:

SF ZERO 3 Normal (X-ISM, A-ISM, V-ISM)
    SF ZERO 3 Mazi (X-ISM, A-ISM, V-ISM)
    SF ZERO 3 Saikyo (X-ISM, A-ISM, V-ISM)
    SF ZERO 3 Classic
    explain what are the differences plz
    Fighting game tutorials, matches, and funny stuff:
    http://www.youtube.com/user/novriltataki
    Former account:
    http://www.youtube.com/user/playtowin
    info taken from gamefaqs

Classic Mode -> No super meter, infinite guard meter, no air recovery, normal and special do more damage.

Mazi Mode -> May only lose one match, take more damage.

Saikyou Mode -> Major health and damage handicap.
  • player2player2 The Challenging Opponent Joined: Posts: 118
    Just my $. 01...

I think we're misleading people with the phrase "Marvel" -ISM. Though many of the characters play in their 'Vs.' incarnations, the logo, the air-blocking,the access to all supers, the lack of ground/air-chains (and the A/Z-ISM movesets?) make it more of a 'Shadowloo' -ISM, right? The whole 'Marvel'-ISM just got my hopes up for so many characters, like Zangief for one.

All ranting aside, I really want a PS2 now. This game seems to be what I've been patiently waiting for...
    "...the way I am directing my blows is so as not to be striking the air..."
    1 Corinthians 9:26
  • TSTS pbbbbbbt... Joined: Posts: 4,301 ✭✭✭✭✭ OG
    ^Right. And, from what I read, Bison in that mode is boss-mode Bison from A3. But they did decide to add random Marvel stuff to some characters (giant fireballs for Sak, Guy gets Stider's teleport for whatever reason etc). So people just went with "Marvel-ISM".
  • Dark Hadou XSDark Hadou XS Mad Blocking Skillz Joined: Posts: 191
    Thanks Master Akuma for the thread, this was the tipping point for me wanting to buy this game. Just one question to everyone. Will the US version be the exact same as the Japanese version, meaning have all the dip switch settings, etc, etc? Also on what console versions can you perform that sick Bison infinite. I played A2 alot back in the day (I sucked hard at it:wgrin: , but I played it alot nonetheless). by chance can you pull it off on any of these versions of A2 (these are the ones I own)

PSX A2

JPN Saturn CC A2 Gold

JPN Saturn A2

Thanx Guys
    /\__/\ / /\__/\
    ( ' * ' ) | ( x x )
    ( )::::> |:( ~ )
    | | | | | | |
    (___)__) \ (__(___)(FATALITY)
    Yes, Bison in Red S-Ism is Shadowloo Bison.

^Bison's infinite is in CE mode, also he isn't the only one with them.
  • SuperkingSuperking dat mooney dolemite Joined: Posts: 2,252 ✭✭✭✭✭ OG

Total game versions available in Street Fighter Zero - Fighters Generation:

Street Fighter Zero 1
    Street Fighter Zero 2
    Street Fighter Zero 2 Gold
    Street Fighter Zero 3
    Pocket Fighter
    Street Fighter Zero 1 Arrange
    Street Fighter Zero 2 Arrange
    Street Fighter Zero 2 Gold Arrange
    Street Fighter Zero 3 Arrange
    Hyper Street Fighter Alpha

I would just like to make some corrections on the titles of the games featured in SFZFG / SFAA.

Standard Games (Japanese title on the left and US on the right):
    Street Fighter Zero / Street Fighter Alpha
    Street Fighter Zero 2 / Street Fighter Alpha 2
    Street Fighter Zero 2 Alpha / Street Fighter Alpha 2 Gold
    Street Fighter Zero 3 / Street Fighter Alpha 3
    Pocket Fighter / Super Gem Fighter II Mini Mix

Secret Factor Games (Japanese titles only, US titles yet to be confirmed):
    Hyper Street Fighter Zero
    Street Fighter Alpha 2**
    Street Fighter Zero 2 Dash
    Street Fighter Zero 3 (Arranged)
    Street Fighter Zero 3 Upper***

**Note: This maybe a little confusing, because the arranged game for SFZ2 IS the American SFA2, how they'll do this in the US version is beyond me.

***Note: By enabling the secret factor / dip switch settings in the arranged version of SFZ3, you can actually select the unpopular Naomi Street Fighter Zero 3 Upper game.

I dunno, I thought this made more sense and is more accurate than the information presently presented.
    DS: she's looking hot in that interview, fuck, keep in mind, i don't have yellow fever, i just know a hot girl when i see one, gonna rape her and call her julia chang
    Superking: lol
    DS: julia chang for life
  • FallingEdgeFallingEdge Unblockable elbow Joined: Posts: 3,302
    Kyoji wrote:
    I would just like to make some corrections on the titles of the games featured in SFZFG / SFAA.

Street Fighter Alpha 2**

**Note: This maybe a little confusing, because the arranged game for SFZ2 IS the American SFA2, how they'll do this in the US version is beyond me.

***Note: By enabling the secret factor / dip switch settings in the arranged version of SFZ3, you can actually select the unpopular Naomi Street Fighter Zero 3 Upper game.

I dunno, I thought this made more sense and is more accurate than the information presently presented.

I believe that HSFZ is part of the US version as well as the other versions of SFA/Z due to the info that was presented in the SF:AA strat guide thread.
    Microphone checka, swingin' sword lecture
    Closin' down the sector, supreme neck protector

Extra Fresh League - Colorado fighting game scene
    http://www.extrafresh.net/forum/
    http://twitter.com/fallingedge
  • ruthless_nashruthless_nash Joined: Posts: 2,044
    ok, can someone help me out. how do i get colour edit, and how do i select the colours ive made? thanks
    ok, can someone help me out. how do i get colour edit, and how do i select the colours ive made? thanks
    Go to display options, hold R2 and press O. In there you can choose any of the default colour settings. The colours go in order of Jab, Short, Strong, Forward, Fierce and Roundhouse so what ever costume you edited, hit that button in game and your edit will come up. To change your edit in game back to it's origional simply go back to colour edit and reset it to default.
  • SuperkingSuperking dat mooney dolemite Joined: Posts: 2,252 ✭✭✭✭✭ OG
    I believe that HSFZ is part of the US version as well as the other versions of SFA/Z due to the info that was presented in the SF:AA strat guide thread.

I never said it wasn't, that post of mine was just to state the proper titles of each game. And since the US version isn't out yet for people to confirm the titles of the bonus games, I decided to not post anything about them.
    DS: she's looking hot in that interview, fuck, keep in mind, i don't have yellow fever, i just know a hot girl when i see one, gonna rape her and call her julia chang
    Superking: lol
    DS: julia chang for life
    You're right about the changes. I was playing the unlocked version of Zero 2 and was expecting Zero 2 with more characters in it, but then realised I was playing the US version of Alpha 2 instead :looney:

If anything, I'm gonna guess that the US version of Zero Fighters generation will have the Alphas as default, and Zero 2 as the unlock for Alpha 2 (i.e. they just get swapped around)
    Colour Edit mode added to the first post (Thanks to Demon Dash)
    A2 - Chun,Ryu
    Garou - Kain
    Kyoji wrote:

Street Fighter Alpha 2**

I replaced the Total game versions by your post, many thanks Kyoji :tup: :tup:
    A2 - Chun,Ryu
    Garou - Kain
    Maybe someone already posted this here at srk, but in case if someone miss:

The first funny commercial video about SF Zero Fighters Gen.
    http://www.nopers.com/video/487/street_fighter_haduken_commercial
    :wgrin:

Note: does anyone knows or have anymore codes and extra/secret stuff to add to the first post?

Since the DipSwitches is kinda deep and seems to have so many codes: does anyone already got into the Dip Switch codes and found good stuff that needs to be added?)
    Does the Dip Switched can covert the Jap text into English text?

Thanks guys.
    A2 - Chun,Ryu
    Garou - Kain
  • polaritypolarity I'M BACK BITCHES Joined: Posts: 1,841
    Wow, they're actually advertising this.
  • MiddlekickMiddlekick r.mika stalker Joined: Posts: 604