Hyper Street Fighter Zero (Codes+Secrets+Extra Stuff)

Comments

• Episode_667Episode_667 Hybrid Dolphin Joined: Posts: 656
    That's not in Hyper. That option is only in the Street Fighter Alpha 3's.

Which option is that? I'm not seeing it in either Alpha 3 extra option lists - is it a dipswitch setting? Or is it that "Command Timer" setting?
    "That's like practicing godhand by playing dynasty warriors." - DropOff
  • Servbot001Servbot001 ShadowJin was taken...grr Joined: Posts: 25
    he's talking about the one button throws thing that i HAD put on SFZ3 in my FAQ but fixed in a later version. I happened to miss fixing it in the Hyper section but I'm working on a current revision to fix that problem as well as a few others.

-jin
    crap...
  • Episode_667Episode_667 Hybrid Dolphin Joined: Posts: 656
    Servbot001 wrote:
    he's talking about the one button throws thing that i HAD put on SFZ3 in my FAQ but fixed in a later version. I happened to miss fixing it in the Hyper section but I'm working on a current revision to fix that problem as well as a few others.

-jin

Ah, issue resolved.

PS Jin, your two "collection" FAQs (Vampire and SFAA) are very well done and have been invaluable resources to I would assume a large number of people, keep up the good work!
    "That's like practicing godhand by playing dynasty warriors." - DropOff
  • omniomni Joined: Posts: 476 admin
    alpha 2 gold sucks. I <3 Tejas.

Derek Daniels
    http://lowfierce.blogspot.com

P.S. Versus got sued over the FF7 guide.
  • SystemSystem Joined: Posts: 508,676 admin
    Wow. I thought this was a codes+secrest+extra stuff thread.

I like the guide. I wish there were the upper characters but, I also wish I had a bazillion dollars. So suffice to say, I am not short on my wishes. I really think the information is excellent. Hopefully soon we will see more information on the website.
  • Demon DashDemon Dash Hyper Viper Raccoon! Joined: Posts: 5,880
    Agreed, I think it would be wise to move the guide discussion to the guide thread.
    "I'm speculating that it was M.O.D.O.K. that tore my dog's ACL. That crazy maniac was flying his hoverchair DRUNK. DRUNK on POWER. And booze. But mostly on POWER!" - corrosivefrost :rofl:
    Actually the artwork I was referring to was here at this site: http://www.capcom.co.jp/sfz_fg/

And not the artwork for the Street Fighter Collection, which yes did strangely make the selection icon for SF Alpha 2 Gold. I guess since that aforementioned collection contained Alpha 2 Gold that was why why they used it in the SFAA Software. It was certainly an odd choice however. Good looking piece though.

Now on to new business....I noticed that in the SECRET option in Alpha 3 arrange the date that was offered was Nov 20 2000. Now am I correct in assuming that was the date for the US release of the DC version of Alpha 3? I checked my DC copy and the date on the package is indeed 2000, but I could not find a more specific date. Can anyone confirm that activating this version of Alpha 3 in SFAA makes it identical to the DC release? I did it myself and it seemed very similar. (Digs out DC out of closet)
    Well...with the notable exception of the World Tour Mode missing.....
  • master akumamaster akuma akumacombos.com Joined: Posts: 447
    Servbot001 wrote:
    Snip

Servbot001: are you the same guy who wrote in gamefaqs a big faq about Hyper Zero/Alpha and SF Fighters Zero Gen?
    if so: can I use some parts of that faq and post here in the first post (secret stuff, and many of the dip switches that you have there, etc..) is that ok with you?
    (I made ths thread in a couple forums, srk, akumacombos, etc..) and it would be great to have some of that info.
    CvS2 - C Vega,Hibiki,Morrigan,Cammy,Sakura,Blanka,Sagat
    SSF2T - Vega,Honda,Dhalsim,Chun
    A2 - Chun,Ryu
    Garou - Kain
    is the jap mook of this game out? link?
  • Demon JimDemon Jim I'm Cereal Joined: Posts: 4,158 mod
    I was reading somewhere that the Alpha 3 in this game is arcade perfect or you can make it arcade perfect by turning on/off glitches and stuff?

Is this true that it is arcade perfect if its not do the turning of things off/on make it better if so can someone tell me what to turn off/on?

I know many questions probably answered already earlier but I really dont got the time to read cause I got class in a bit. And I just got a hold of this game and started unlocking things.

-DJ-
    Just like that.
    "...but when he gets there, at the end of the day, it's just corn flakes." - Christopher Walken
    Battle at the Border Tournament Director
  • Servbot001Servbot001 ShadowJin was taken...grr Joined: Posts: 25
    Servbot001: are you the same guy who wrote in gamefaqs a big faq about Hyper Zero/Alpha and SF Fighters Zero Gen?
    if so: can I use some parts of that faq and post here in the first post (secret stuff, and many of the dip switches that you have there, etc..) is that ok with you?
    (I made ths thread in a couple forums, srk, akumacombos, etc..) and it would be great to have some of that info.

be my guest. :)
    crap...
  • Strider2k2Strider2k2 OG FGC Scrub Joined: Posts: 306
    DEMON_JIM wrote:
    I was reading somewhere that the Alpha 3 in this game is arcade perfect or you can make it arcade perfect by turning on/off glitches and stuff?

Is this true that it is arcade perfect if its not do the turning of things off/on make it better if so can someone tell me what to turn off/on?

I know many questions probably answered already earlier but I really dont got the time to read cause I got class in a bit. And I just got a hold of this game and started unlocking things.

-DJ-

Alpha 3 is arcade perfect. The DIPswitches are there to adjust, turn on/off glitches and other small changes made to the game. Right now, not all the functions of the DIP switches have been discovered yet. You should be fine by leaving it alone.
    SFV: Chun-Li
    T7: King, Nina
    UMvc3: Morrigan/Dormammu/Trish & Nemesis/Dormammu/Vergil
    USF4: Chun-Li, Decapre, Abel
    3S: Chun-Li, Dudley, Alex
    is the jap mook of this game out? link?
    is this it?
  • TSTS pbbbbbbt... Joined: Posts: 4,310 ✭✭✭✭✭ OG
    No. That's All About Street Fighter Zero 3, a book dedicated to the arcade version of A3 from 1998.
    Servbot001 wrote:
    be my guest. :)

Alright, I will copy/paste some of the info that you have there because I saw that faq like a week ago and you posted many usefull info.
    Thanks.
    A2 - Chun,Ryu
    Garou - Kain
    ***Cool intro

Dunno if this is the original A3, but Cody and Guy have a cool intro.
    Also Sakura and Karin have a different intro, dunno if this is in the original A3 also.
    TS wrote:
    No. That's All About Street Fighter Zero 3, a book dedicated to the arcade version of A3 from 1998.
    darn looks like the japs are actually spending time and money on there SFAA guide unlike american guide. so i guess it will be out later this year?:sad:

do you have any mooks? and which 1s are the best?
  • vasili10vasili10 Forever waits Joined: Posts: 4,394 ✭✭✭✭✭ OG
    darn looks like the japs are actually spending time and money on there SFAA guide unlike american guide. so i guess it will be out later this year?:sad:

do you have any mooks? and which 1s are the best?

Does a Japanese guide for Fighting Generations even exist? I'm not aware of any.
  • Saotome KanedaSaotome Kaneda Watch your back Joined: Posts: 5,332 mod
    vasili10 wrote:
    Does a Japanese guide for Fighting Generations even exist? I'm not aware of any.
    None exist, none in the making(as of this moment).

All guide questions/complaints are moved to the guide thread, you know, where they fucking belong
    Original Team Sp00ky Member - Only the finest of Poverty™ Gaming Hipster™
    Comic-Z vs Super Metroid Watch if you want to lose your mind
  • coreografocoreografo dd-younghou Joined: Posts: 683
    champion edition dhalsim owns all
  • -Midnight--Midnight- Roman Canceled Joined: Posts: 174
    In SFA3/Arrange, did they cut out Survival Dramatic(ala Dreamcast) or was it cut out like world tour?
    Kekeke~
    No Survival Dramatic
  • CaliLifeStyleCaliLifeStyle C Style Joined: Posts: 437
    There is Boss Survival for both SFA3's. You fight all the Shadaloo Bosses including Juli, Juni, Evil Ryu, and Shin Akuma.

Hold L1 while selecting Survival.
    I actually found two alternate Survival modes. Pressing either L button will give a different survival mode for each button. I got a Shadowloo-ISM boss mode on L2 in Alpha 3 Arrange, and what seemed to be a different survival mode track (started with Adon instead of Ken) on the L1 button. Also there were alternate survival mode tracks on Alpha 2 Gold as well. Each activated by highlighting the Survival mode for the games and holding either L1 or L2 and then pressing X or start.
    What are the sub-systems for the Red S-ISM (Marvel), other than the Push Block?

Thanks!
    emill1 wrote:
    What are the sub-systems for the Red S-ISM (Marvel), other than the Push Block?

Thanks!
    Some characters have different animations, different moves, Shin Bison, Evil Sakura, and Push Block is only in DS-ism (green).
    I actually found two alternate Survival modes. Pressing either L button will give a different survival mode for each button. I got a Shadowloo-ISM boss mode on L2 in Alpha 3 Arrange, and what seemed to be a different survival mode track (started with Adon instead of Ken) on the L1 button. Also there were alternate survival mode tracks on Alpha 2 Gold as well. Each activated by highlighting the Survival mode for the games and holding either L1 or L2 and then pressing X or start.

On my copy no matter what button I press, L1 or L2, I get Boss survival.

Here are all the codes I have found or other people have found so far.

Random Versus Battle (all games including HSFA):
    Highlight Versus, Press X, Triangle, and R1 (or R2 I forgot)

Running Battle (Super Gem Fighter)
    Highlight Arcade, Press X, Triangle, and R1 (or R2 I forgot)
  • UltimaUltima Retired SF Aristocrat Joined: Posts: 1,777 ✭✭✭✭✭ OG
    I'm a bit late here:
    omni wrote:
    P.S. Versus got sued over the FF7 guide.

What what WHAT?
    Ultima - The Right Arm of Scrub Voltron
    On my copy no matter what button I press, L1 or L2, I get Boss survival.

Here are all the codes I have found or other people have found so far.

Random Versus Battle (all games including HSFA):
    Highlight Versus, Press X, Triangle, and R1 (or R2 I forgot)

Running Battle (Super Gem Fighter)
    Highlight Arcade, Press X, Triangle, and R1 (or R2 I forgot)

Do you have the USA or Japanese DVD version?
    A2 - Chun,Ryu
    Garou - Kain
    Now, in the US edition, once you've unlocked Hyper, isn't that all you need to select the secret isms?

What else is the steps?
    Do you have the USA or Japanese DVD version?

USA

I've notice if you time it that you press X first the codes work more often.
  • ToreyBeansToreyBeans SHAMOOOOOONE~! Joined: Posts: 853
    I've tried that random battle versus mode... It definitely works!

I just figured out how to play in "semi-arcade" mode. Do the code that CaliLifeStyle gave us (press and hold X, and immediately press and hole triangle, and R2). Then after the computer has selected your character for you press start and you'll see two VERY cool options: Random player, and random mode. If you want to select a character for the next round turn all the stars for every character off except for the one you want to pick. Do the same thing for random mode. However, there's an exception; you can't exactly choose any mode you want to. At least three modes must be chosen. You have to pick at least one mode one out of each of these ism groups: The default A3 isms, (X, A, V), the Shadaloo isms, and the "other game modes" A, A2, A2G, and A3. To select your characters' colors hold the button for the desired costume at the versus screen. The next time you play HSFA the character you last played with will be the character you'll use when you start. So if you quit the game using Ryu, you will play as Ryu once you play again. ^_^
    CFN: ToreyBeans - Birdie - Super Platinum
    PSN: Raiken05
  • cent208cent208 Joined: Posts: 156
    can you choose evil ryu and shin akuma in alpha 2? I know there are in alpha 2 gold.

thanks,
    cent208
  • Shin Iori XShin Iori X Joined: Posts: 68
    In Alpha 3 ArrangeI found out Dramatic Battle Survival. Go to Dramatic Battle and Press and hold R2, then press X and Triangle , It usually starts out with Adon
    "Ore na kowai no ka?"
    In Alpha 3 ArrangeI found out Dramatic Battle Survival. Go to Dramatic Battle and Press and hold R2, then press X and Triangle , It usually starts out with Adon

Cool. Does that make it 1(you) on 2(cpu) or is it still 2(you and another) on 1(cpu).
  • cent208cent208 Joined: Posts: 156
    Is there reverse dramatic battle in any of the games? Reverse dramatic battle is when you, the human, fights 2 cpu characters. Saturn Alpha3 had this, the last stage you had to beat Evil Ryu and Shin Akuma.
    cent208 wrote:
    Is there reverse dramatic battle in any of the games? Reverse dramatic battle is when you, the human, fights 2 cpu characters. Saturn Alpha3 had this, the last stage you had to beat Evil Ryu and Shin Akuma.
    You mean world tour?
    cent208 wrote:
    can you choose evil ryu and shin akuma in alpha 2? I know there are in alpha 2 gold.

thanks,
    cent208

You can but it's different than A2 Gold. I don't know the codes off the top of my head but you might want to run a search on Gamefaqs. Look up the Arcade version of Alpha 2.
    I've tried that random battle versus mode... It definitely works!

I just figured out how to play in "semi-arcade" mode. Do the code that CaliLifeStyle gave us (press and hold X, and immediately press and hole triangle, and R2). Then after the computer has selected your character for you press start and you'll see two VERY cool options: Random player, and random mode. If you want to select a character for the next round turn all the stars for every character off except for the one you want to pick. Do the same thing for random mode. However, there's an exception; you can't exactly choose any mode you want to. At least three modes must be chosen. You have to pick at least one mode one out of each of these ism groups: The default A3 isms, (X, A, V), the Shadaloo isms, and the "other game modes" A, A2, A2G, and A3. To select your characters' colors hold the button for the desired costume at the versus screen. The next time you play HSFA the character you last played with will be the character you'll use when you start. So if you quit the game using Ryu, you will play as Ryu once you play again. ^_^

There is also the option to change the BGM. It'll make it so that it always plays player 1's BGM or player 2's. Or you can set it to random.