Hyper Street Fighter Zero (Codes+Secrets+Extra Stuff)

Comments

• Shin Iori XShin Iori X Joined: Posts: 68
    Cool. Does that make it 1(you) on 2(cpu) or is it still 2(you and another) on 1(cpu).

its still 2(you/cpu) on 1(cpu)

all the games(cept pocker fighter) seem to come with dat feature, i tested this morning
    "Ore na kowai no ka?"
  • ToreyBeansToreyBeans I'mma make u buy me lunch later! Joined: Posts: 784
    There is also the option to change the BGM. It'll make it so that it always plays player 1's BGM or player 2's. Or you can set it to random.

How do you get to it?
  • CaliLifeStyleCaliLifeStyle C Style Joined: Posts: 437
    How do you get to it?

It's at the very bottom of the Random Player or Random Mode menu. It's one of those.
  • SystemSystem Joined: Posts: 508,676 admin
    ***Charlie's Somersault Kick in the air from Vs. games

If it hasn't been mentioned before, Charlie has his Somersault Kick that you do from the air that originally started in Xmen vs Street Fighter.

To do the move= fireball motion + kick in the air.

And dan's marvel hadoukens are funny :D

I wonder what other marvel moves do players have?
    *****Dan's super specials and 2 taunt moves

Dan has some funnyass taunt specials in Marvel-ism.

His first one is fireballmotion,fireballmotion + taunt
    (Does no damage)

His second super special taunt is reversefireballmotion,reversefireballmotion + taunt, then it's like being in V-ism and you can press different punches and kicks to do different taunts (You won't be able to attack), and he has a different taunt if press the original taunt button (select).

He also has a taunt which i'm not sure is in the other Alpha games.

Fireballmotion + taunt
    Reversefireballmotion + taunt

Which will make Dan roll forward/backword and taunt.

****Juni also has a divekick in Marvel-ism which i'm not sure is in the other/orginal isms.

Jump forward, at peak, down+MK
    is it at all possible to make a strat section for this ????
  • ruthless_nashruthless_nash Joined: Posts: 2,152
    ok guys im having problems doing some of these codes, but i have the japanese version. do i need the american one to do it? i cant do the following:

running battle on PF
    dramatic survival
    random battle verses whatever

i cant get these to work, can someone help me out?
  • Demon DashDemon Dash Hyper Viper Raccoon! Joined: Posts: 5,880
    ^Hold the buttons at the start screen, then use start to choose the game mode.
    "I'm speculating that it was M.O.D.O.K. that tore my dog's ACL. That crazy maniac was flying his hoverchair DRUNK. DRUNK on POWER. And booze. But mostly on POWER!" - corrosivefrost :rofl:
    *****Dan's super specials and 2 taunt moves

Dan has some funnyass taunt specials in Marvel-ism.

His first one is fireballmotion,fireballmotion + taunt
    (Does no damage)

His second super special taunt is reversefireballmotion,reversefireballmotion + taunt, then it's like being in V-ism and you can press different punches and kicks to do different taunts (You won't be able to attack), and he has a different taunt if press the original taunt button (select).

He also has a taunt which i'm not sure is in the other Alpha games.

Fireballmotion + taunt
    Reversefireballmotion + taunt

Which will make Dan roll forward/backword and taunt.

****Juni also has a divekick in Marvel-ism which i'm not sure is in the other/orginal isms.

Jump forward, at peak, down+MK

You can do both Dan super taunts in Alpha 3 A-Ism. But you need a full super bar for the custom super taunt.
  • master akumamaster akuma akumacombos.com Joined: Posts: 447
    I don´t know if someone already posted this but: I was playing around with HSFZ and I test that "Custom Corner Whiff" from Best Kind Boxer wich is like this: http://youtube.com/watch?v=DcB1T5_uaRo&search=Chun%20Li%20Hyper%20Street%20Fighter%20Alpha%20Anthology%20Custom

BUT the Costum Combo can work in the corner the deal is: in midle screen or any other area other than corners the CC´s work just like in A2 but in HSFZ if you try to apply Valle CC´s (ex: c.HK into several DP´s) only the first DP will connect without problems and the 2nd and 3rd DP´s will most likelly miss, so the trick is quite simple: all you need to do to aplly all the DP´s in corner is perform the DP´s FASTER, like: you turn CC´s on then connect c.HP into DP LP and right after you hit the opponent with your DP LP: perform other DP LP BEFORE your character land his feet in the ground, and in order to connect the 3rd DP do the same system and perform the move while you character is on air with his DP LP.

So the deal to connect all the moves and don´t Whiff is: in the corner in order to the CC combos work and do not Whiff DP´s all you need to do is perform the DP´s faster (while your character is still on the DP ANIMATION)

sorry if someone allready posted this, if not: then this could be something usefull.
    CvS2 - C Vega,Hibiki,Morrigan,Cammy,Sakura,Blanka,Sagat
    SSF2T - Vega,Honda,Dhalsim,Chun
    A2 - Chun,Ryu
    Garou - Kain
  • Pimp WillyPimp Willy "I guarantee we got a rat in the house!" Joined: Posts: 10,767 ✭✭✭✭✭ OG
    So, is it confirmed that Hyper Alpha in the US version doesnt have color edit? Did the Japanese release have color edit? (note, I can get color edits in other games, but not the hyper alpha game, which is the game of choice)

As somebody who never really played alpha before, its nice having this huge game to learn from "scratch"

e$ports
    FC: 0018-4935-1331
    I dont know if someone already posted this but: I was playing around with HSFZ and I test that "Custom Corner Whiff" from Best Kind Boxer wich is like this: http://youtube.com/watch?v=DcB1T5_uaRo&search=Chun%20Li%20Hyper%20Street%20Fighter%20Alpha%20Anthology%20Custom

BUT the Costum Combo can work in the corner the deal is: in midle screen or any other area other than corners the CCs work just like in A2 but in HSFZ if you try to apply Valle CCs (ex: c.HK into several DPs) only the first DP will connect without problems and the 2nd and 3rd DPs will most likelly miss, so the trick is quite simple: all you need to do to aplly all the DPs in corner is perform the DPs FASTER, like: you turn CCs on then connect c.HP into DP LP and right after you hit the opponent with your DP LP: perform other DP LP BEFORE your character land his feet in the ground, and in order to connect the 3rd DP do the same system and perform the move while you character is on air with his DP LP.

So the deal to connect all the moves and dont Whiff is: in the corner in order to the CC combos work and do not Whiff DPs all you need to do is perform the DPs faster (while your character is still on the DP ANIMATION)

sorry if someone allready posted this, if not: then this could be something usefull.
    Someone else will probably have to test this, but I have an idea. From what you've said it sounds like you have to respect A3's neutral states in the corner to avoid the wall juggle limit. A3 has a wall juggle limit right? Where if they hit the corner and you reach a neutral state you only get one more juggle. Well, in A3 you cancel just as you land with DP's to avoid a neutral state and that's exactly like you discribed. Why it would be like this I don't know, but it sounds like it could be.
    "I'm speculating that it was M.O.D.O.K. that tore my dog's ACL. That crazy maniac was flying his hoverchair DRUNK. DRUNK on POWER. And booze. But mostly on POWER!" - corrosivefrost :rofl:
  • JeRonJeRon The Dictatorship Joined: Posts: 968
    After playing this game a little extensively......
    1. Its broken
    2. Very unbalanced.....worse than A3
    3. Should not be considered for tournament

The ISM that breaks the game... CHAMPIONSHIP EDITION!
    Done!
    I will win with skill! Quote dedicated to ChunLi Zhang, Strongest woman in the world!
  • Saotome KanedaSaotome Kaneda Watch your back Joined: Posts: 5,332 mod
    JeRon wrote:
    After playing this game a little extensively......
    1. Its broken
    2. Very unbalanced.....worse than A3
    3. Should not be considered for tournament

The ISM that breaks the game... CHAMPIONSHIP EDITION!
    Done!
    A little extensively and you come up with less explanation than most of the people that have been messing with shit non-stop? Some more words, or even a single paragraph on how you came to these conclusions would be good, especially when peeps were crying "CE is broke" 10 pages ago.
    Original Team Sp00ky Member - Only the finest of Poverty™ Gaming Hipster™
    Comic-Z vs Super Metroid Watch if you want to lose your mind
    A little extensively and you come up with less explanation than most of the people that have been messing with shit non-stop? Some more words, or even a single paragraph on how you came to these conclusions would be good, especially when peeps were crying "CE is broke" 10 pages ago.

Well 1 if you want explanations then I can give them to you. 2 I havent skimed through this thread at all so I was just making a statement, but once again if you want me to explain in detail then sure.....
    Damage/ High stun/ Priority/ No guard Bar
    nuff said.......
    Top tier A3 either cant hang with them or have ridiculus trouble. They get guard broken for free!
    I dont dislike the game at all, I like Hyper Alpha! When I said about it not being tourny worthy I meant official but other than that I wouldnt mind Hyper Alpha side tourny!
    Evo?

Jeron
    I will win with skill! Quote dedicated to ChunLi Zhang, Strongest woman in the world!
    ^Eat X-Ism damage, no recovery, whiffing normals..... Just some things that make them not as broken as you say they are.
  • fatboyfatboy I beat anorexia: 10-0 Joined: Posts: 1,853
    JeRon wrote:
    snip.... Damage/ High stun/ Priority/ No guard Bar...

Jeron

Do some more home work my friend :wgrin: ... they have very little priority and range on their normals...

Try:

Zangief c.fr vs. A3 Version
    Dhalsim c.fr vs. A3 Version
    M.Bison (US) c.jb vs.A3 Version

They all whiff at max range.
    Am I hungry? Sure, I could eat...
    I don't know why people are arguing about HSFA mode being unbalanced, its supposed to be more fun, it is ridiculous to assume that you could make it fair in ANY way considering different versions of the same characters will naturally be weaker.
    As limited as CE-ism is... they're still CRAZY strong.

The damage is just too extreme. Screw up a reversal and lose +50%. Eat a jump-in and pretty much lose the round. Biggest throw range in the game (i think?) and biggest damage. Even random pokes do more than other -isms combos.

It's like easy mode.
  • DeskDesk ハイパー・ディーサイド・デスク Joined: Posts: 705
    ^^ just don't let some goon land a jump in, also, parry that shit! It is like easy mode (peeps have been saying that for the last 10 pages) but what are you going to do? either join in and use CE bison or learn to play against it. This game is more balanced than MvC2 :)
    People think Im talking out my ass! lol
    Best Kind of Boxer and I seem to be on the same page but Im not really one for words on these type of things sooooooo........

http://www.shoryuken.com/forums/showthread.php?t=116192

I guess we'll find out if Im wrong or not!
  • DeskDesk ハイパー・ディーサイド・デスク Joined: Posts: 705
    ^^I'm not putting my money anywhere near my mouth but I look forward to seeing the footage of that.
    an amazing collection

I got Dramatic Survival and The random mode working last night, was playing for hours. Any last complaints of this port that I may have had are gone. This is the best collection I have ever seen. Amazing.
  • ToreyBeansToreyBeans I'mma make u buy me lunch later! Joined: Posts: 784
    Dramatic Survival huh? How'd you get it to work?
    AlphaCrush wrote:
    I got Dramatic Survival and The random mode working last night, was playing for hours. Any last complaints of this port that I may have had are gone. This is the best collection I have ever seen. Amazing.

I tryed the code that people posted about Dramatic Survival but didnt work in my version (I have the Jap DVD version)
    Does that works only for Alpha 3 Upper or something? or does work for Alpha 2/Zero 2 as well?
    A2 - Chun,Ryu
    Garou - Kain
    I tryed the code that people posted about Dramatic Survival but didnt work in my version (I have the Jap DVD version)
    Does that works only for Alpha 3 Upper or something? or does work for Alpha 2/Zero 2 as well?

As far as I know I have only tried 3 and 3 Upper. I haven't tried 1 or 2 yet.
    As far as I know I have only tried 3 and 3 Upper. I haven't tried 1 or 2 yet.

Ho.. I see, if you find anything about that code for A2/Z2 please post (I never really play A3)
    A2 - Chun,Ryu
    Garou - Kain
  • RichardRichard Joined: Posts: 592
    I got a Shadowloo-ISM boss mode on L2 in Alpha 3 Arrange, and what seemed to be a different survival mode track (started with Adon instead of Ken)
    Is that the 6-characters version? With Balrog and all that? Remember also that Adon was technically a boss at one point.

Or maybe it's the onethat goes {All SF1} {All FF} {All SF2} etc
    Richard wrote:
    Is that the 6-characters version? With Balrog and all that? Remember also that Adon was technically a boss at one point.

Or maybe it's the onethat goes {All SF1} {All FF} {All SF2} etc

The Boss course goes like this.

Balrog(shadaloo)
    Vega(shadaloo)
    Sagat(shadaloo)
    Juli&Juni(shadaloo)
    Akuma(A-Ism)
    M.Bison(shadaloo)
    Evil Ryu(random ism)
    Shin Akuma (random ism)

The other alternate course I think is like what you said.
    Dramatic Survival Code

Dramatic Survival works for Alpha 3 upper and Alpha 1. I havent bothered with the others but I suspect they work. When you play Dramatic Survival you fight ALL the characters , not just the bosses. Its deceiving in Alpha 3 because once you enter the code, the course still starts with Adon. But after a few rounds the regular characters start showing up, including the new characters like Fei long.

To do the code, press start at the start menu. Then on the menu for game modes (versus, arcade, survival) highlight Dramatic. Press X then press triangle and R2 at the same time very quickly OR press X + triangle + R2 all at the same time. Pressing and holding triangle and R2 before you press X wont work. Thats what makes this code tricky. The other thing that was annoying for me was that I had not built an R2 button into my arcade stick.. :(

This same codes activates the perpetual random mode for the versus modes in all alpha's in the compilation. Just highlight versus on any game and do the code. So if you just want to play the classic characters in Alpha 3 all night long, you can. Personally I am hooked on Alpha 1 dramatic survival, there is nothing like dual Akuma action.

BTW - I AM USING THE US VERSION. I have not tested the Japanese version
  • moeller61moeller61 Joined: Posts: 95
    Okay I have looked for this in here and haven't found it. If it somebody has answered it already I am sorry, but I need to know what I need to do to make Alpha 2 arcade perfect. I know Alpha 3 is 07/27 or whatever, but what is it for alpha 2? Sorry if this doesn't make sense.
    Thanks BIG BEEF for the Av!

beat E.Honda, Balrog, Blanka, and we'll talk
  • SeerdSeerd Combo Test Dummy Joined: Posts: 342
    From what I've seen, Blue S-ISM does not allow option-select parrying. I'll test it some more.

Can someone else confirm?
    How can it not? That's like.. impossible? It might not seem as apparent because the parry window isn't as big, but I don't see how it prevent option selecting.

The whole technique behind option select parrying is that you input a parry before you do something right? How can the game predict you are going to do something after the parry attempt and prevent the parry?

Of course, we don't know the exact frame info for parry (does returning to neutral make the parry window bigger? How long does the tap and hold forward window last? etc) but I don't see how the game can stop it from happenning (even though it might not be as good or apparent)
    Seerd wrote:
    From what I've seen, Blue S-ISM does not allow option-select parrying. I'll test it some more.

Can someone else confirm?
    You can parry most attacks, besides overheads either high or low.
    Demon Dash wrote:
    You can parry most attacks, besides overheads, low.

Fixed it for you. :wgrin:
    I know you can parry lots of things low. What I'm saying is that I don't think you can option select a parry with an attack.

I'll try some more testing.

Edit: Well...maybe you can. I think maybe I was just hella rusty. My bad. The timing seems tight, but I had been taking a break from SF, so I dunno.

I think I'm gonna test some Ken stuff. Makes me wish I knew more about Ken across various games.

Blue S-ISM Ken doesn't have kick super (pretty sure...guh). Sorry, kids.
    This game is Hella fun! We always get together on thursdays for fight night. Usually playing 3rd Strike. But we popped HSFZ and wound up going at it all night. Blueism Feilong vs blueism ken OMG!! BEEFY Parry punch festival. Anyone have a break down of the isms. Like whats involved in each ..like parry,air fireball, Evil characters..ect
    What all marvelish can I do besides move and super can I get some rom inf or something. Or just an airel rave, also are these alphas arcade perfect?
    I was goofing around this morning, selecting Dhalsim, when I hit start on the game select menu and Alpha and Alpha 2 Gold turned blue. A quick visit to GameFAQs to look at secret stuff from those games leads me to this (sorry if this is already posted somewhere, but damn theres like 10 threads and I didn't see it in the wiki).

Some characters can select special versions from the alpha games by holding start when selecting a game. The titles of one or more games will then turn either blue or red to indicate the special version. Hold start while selecting that game to get the special version.

Seems like everyone who had an Old Style in SFA2G can select that. Dhalsim looks like he might have his old style from Alpha 2 (I can't tell the difference between that and the A2G version right quick). Chun has 2 special versions of A2G (red and blue titles of the game).

Someone else confirm this stuff please. I gotta go to work.
    Seerd wrote:
    I know you can parry lots of things low. What I'm saying is that I don't think you can option select a parry with an attack.

I'll try some more testing.

Edit: Well...maybe you can. I think maybe I was just hella rusty. My bad. The timing seems tight, but I had been taking a break from SF, so I dunno.
    Do you meen attacking after parrying? If so, you can canel once they've left their hit frames and are in their recovery frames.