Characters with the best corner carry.

qweasdzseqweasdzse Joined: Posts: 22
I'm trying out a team based on using the corner. I was wondering which characters have guaranteed corner carry from practical combos. I can think of Vergil and Magneto as two characters with good corner carry but I was wondering if there is anyone I'm missing.

Comments

• DevilJin 01DevilJin 01 Quantum Theorist. Liquid Dubstep Energy Joined: Posts: 33,356 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Lots of characters with missiles assist have strong corner carry.
    Ready for first KI at Evo 2k14 SRK'S DAY ONE XBOX ONE/KILLER INSTINCT OWNERS: DevilJin01(GLACIUS, FULGORE, SADIRA maybe Orchid), Purbeast, Koop, Rcaido, FlyingVe, Eiroheart, Onyx, Mayonaka, Lulipe, iluspook, Ultimaotaku, Rekano, Churrasco, DIEK STIEKEM ------- XBL: TheoryJin PSN: PervyJin01
  • evilweevleevilweevle Xbox GT : MrFossy Joined: Posts: 3,887 ✭✭✭
    i would say that spiderman has the best corner carry combos in the game but then he isnt top tier so no one will play him anyway.
    3DS friend code : 0232 8273 2994
  • SottleSottle Joined: Posts: 364
    Nova can guarantee corner to corner off pretty much any hit.
    UMVC3: Nova/Frank/Ammy, Nova/Doom/Ammy,
    XBL: Sottle
    Looking for players in South Coast UK.
  • FluxFlux Fair is overrated Joined: Posts: 971 ✭✭✭✭
    Zero, off of most grounded series, and off of stray lightning/buster with basically any assist.
    Welp
  • RokmodeRokmode preppy asked me to change my title rip meaty mud flap Joined: Posts: 7,992 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Firebrand
    takes you to the corner no matter where you are, so I think it's safe to say he corner carries the best
    THIS WEBSITE SUCKS GIANT HORSE @#$@#$@!@$
    Youtube(random doom TAC help, doom combos, ammy stuff, shuma combos and tech): http://www.youtube.com/user/Clickclakmoo?feature=mhee Danke on shuma gorath: "He who sleeps but shouldn't have costed me 5 dollars."
  • BakuhakubasugasuBakuhakubasugasu Eating dreams since '96. Joined: Posts: 3,329
    Spencer. Loops and hooks to asses.
    PSN: Bakuhakubasugasu
    I play all fighting games.
    Youtube<<Combos/Tutorials | TwitchTv<<Stream
    Support our new clothing company, Meaty Mob! http://meatymob.com
  • masonmason Joined: Posts: 674 ✭✭✭
    Doom, Zero, Magneto, Nova, Spencer, Taskmaster and Firebrand come to mind. Sentinel as well with hard drive in the middle of a combo.

While also Doom, Zero, Magneto, Phoenix, Dante, Wesker, Viper, Jill and Trish come to mind when considering being able to cross under during a combo to put the opponent in the corner you were just in.

Also with assists that OTG (or hold the opponent long enough so you can combo off your own otg move) most of the characters can get corner to corner with 1-2 relaunches.
    Laughter 7: Well, this is strange. At the GodsGarden that just went down, Momochi picked Dhalsim (beat Daigo 10-8 too!). Is this mofo ever coming back to Gouki?!
  • BigOlePappyBigOlePappy Joined: Posts: 323
    Vergil, Magneto, Spencer, Nova all come to mind.
    MVC1: Strider/Gambit
    MVC3: C.Viper/Mag/Morrigan
    UMVC3: C.Viper/Doom/Strider
    XvsSF: Gambit/Charlie
    Your signature has been modifed, please read the rules.
  • ZReportZReport (╮°∀°)╮ ⌒┳━┳ Joined: Posts: 683
    i would say that spiderman has the best corner carry combos in the game but then he isnt top tier so no one will play him anyway.

This guy speaks the best truth.
    Stride or Die. Shady Kermit said so.
  • phantasyphantasy Smash Journeyman Joined: Posts: 7,616 ✭✭✭✭✭
    eh, dante doesn't. vergil doesn't.
    a lot of characters can, but dante and vergil do not commonly force corner without some sort of effort.
    similarly, magneto combos don't always end in the corner, but they can.

again, a lot of characters can definitely corner carry, but if we're talking who is the best at it...
    firebrand is the easiest corner carry. my spiderman bnb also always guarantees corner.

most double launch combos will corner carry. I remember a long time ago, my X23 combo would always corner carry since the ground portion brought them about 1/3 there and launch brought them 2/3 there.
    wolverine is pretty good at it if he doesn't use his ground bounce. felicia does pretty well at corner carry. doom does well at corner carry etc etc etc.

In fact, it may be easier to list bad corner carry characters.
    my twitch stream mostly smash 4
    danke's twitch stream mostly anime fgs
    youtube mostly smash4 and old marvel3 vids
  • AVowofSilenceAVowofSilence Hipster Doctor Strange Joined: Posts: 144
    Taskmaster corner carries in his two bnb's; more the older bnb with the double mighty swings on the ground.
    UMVC3: "New Defenders": Taskmaster/Dante/Doctor Strange
    KOF13: Any team that has Clark in it

Stealing tech from Stark one video at a time.
  • FlyingVeFlyingVe Best Poster of All Time Joined: Posts: 12,984 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Viper.

It doesn't matter what you are looking for. Viper is either 1st or 2nd best at it.
    UMvC3: Viper/Dante/Strider, Jill/Dante/Wesker, Nova/Spencer/Sentinel
    Killer Instinct: Thunder, Spinal, Jago
    SF4: Hugo, Abel, Oni, Yang
    SF3:Yang
  • phantasyphantasy Smash Journeyman Joined: Posts: 7,616 ✭✭✭✭✭
    normals
    my twitch stream mostly smash 4
    danke's twitch stream mostly anime fgs
    youtube mostly smash4 and old marvel3 vids
  • Din0Din0 Retired Joined: Posts: 4,144 ✭✭✭✭
    Magneto combos don't always corner carry but he's definitely one of the top in side switching anyways.
    Magneto/Doom/Dante | Magneto/Doom/Phoenix | Dante/Vergil/Magneto
    PSN: davidyes
  • GcYoshi13GcYoshi13 #1 PTX-40A Pilot Joined: Posts: 1,466 ✭✭✭✭
    Most of Chris BnBs are effective and easy corner carries.
    I hide my fraudulence with cool characters that no one else seems to like

I am sponsored by Marvelous Customs. Their dual mod services are top notch, and they make customizable sticks/frames/plexiglass covers. They also sell parts and T-shirts. Check them out: http://marvelouscustoms.com/
  • ShogunFlowShogunFlow Stream Monster Joined: Posts: 777
    Felicia.

Combos with the Air Delta Kick tend to take the opponent to the corner.
    Jay Illestrate - Regular Cat Records - Psychedelic Hip Hop Music
    www.youtube.com/3rdAnswer - - www.REGULARCATRECORDS.com
    Morrigan and Felicia teams in UMvC3
    Sakura/Rose/Blanka/Elena/Juri/Guy in USF4
  • F0xhound009F0xhound009 Joined: Posts: 494
    Viper.

It doesn't matter what you are looking for. Viper is either 1st or 2nd best at it.
    1st or 2nd best at it? Hardly, you are probably one of those theory Viper people that says she's top 3 in the game I bet. Nova and Firebrand easily have the most simple corner carry's in the game. Spencer is pretty good at it as well and heck even Chris Redfield... most of his BnB's bring you to the corner. That's just off the top of my head, I havn't played in months.
    360 Tag: CT Foxhound
    PSN: Foxhound_009
  • FlyingVeFlyingVe Best Poster of All Time Joined: Posts: 12,984 ✭✭✭✭✭
    1st or 2nd best at it? Hardly, you are probably one of those theory Viper people that says she's top 3 in the game I bet. Nova and Firebrand easily have the most simple corner carry's in the game. Spencer is pretty good at it as well and heck even Chris Redfield... most of his BnB's bring you to the corner. That's just off the top of my head, I havn't played in months.
    lol, you don't even know what Viper's BnB is.

Viper is also easily top 3.
    UMvC3: Viper/Dante/Strider, Jill/Dante/Wesker, Nova/Spencer/Sentinel
    Killer Instinct: Thunder, Spinal, Jago
    SF4: Hugo, Abel, Oni, Yang
    SF3:Yang
  • F0xhound009F0xhound009 Joined: Posts: 494
    lol, you don't even know what Viper's BnB is.

Viper is also easily top 3.
    yup, you're right, and you wanna know why... cuz I don't care to use her and 2 more importantly not enough people use her for me to even know what her BnBs are... not enough use her because she's not top tier... she is ass
    360 Tag: CT Foxhound
    PSN: Foxhound_009
  • Windu25Windu25 Well-Known Jellyfish Joined: Posts: 4,117
    Taskmaster carries corner to corner solo. With the right assists, he does it off grabs, too.
    Doom carries corner to corner with the Shady and Mazio C2C loops. Mazio's is better in that it does more damage, but Shady is better for consistency's sake.
    yup, you're right, and you wanna know why... cuz I don't care to use her and 2 more importantly not enough people use her for me to even know what her BnBs are... not enough use her because she's not top tier... she is ass
    Wrong. Not many people use her because though her tools are overpowered (some are disgustingly so) they are difficult to abuse in some situations. Marvel is a neutral heavy game, and Viper's neutral can be difficult to apply. That said, once you fall into Viper's game, you're done. She has an answer for everything, and some of the things she does, other characters can't counter. This is the same reason why Firebrand is underused.

Also, Taskmaster's corner carry is the most braindead. He doesn't even need an assist or an OTG.
    MvC3: Task/Dorm/DOOM Dorm/Iron Man/DOOM X-23/Vergil/Taskmaster Cap_Chun/Iron Man/DOOM
    VF5: Vanessa, Aoi, Jean
    TTT2: Heihachi, Asuka, Jun, Kunimistu, Lars, Angel
    PSN: Windu25
  • DreizeDreize How quaint... Joined: Posts: 1,333 ✭✭✭
  • BakuhakubasugasuBakuhakubasugasu Eating dreams since '96. Joined: Posts: 3,329
    Viper is ass?

Woah there...
    All good, people think Dante's ass too but you can see how he still shits on people. Pun-motherfucking-intended.
    PSN: Bakuhakubasugasu
    I play all fighting games.
    Youtube<<Combos/Tutorials | TwitchTv<<Stream
    Support our new clothing company, Meaty Mob! http://meatymob.com
  • CougarCougar Logic, yo. Joined: Posts: 1,528
    In no particular order... Dante, Nova, Felicia, Viper, Strange, Magneto, Doom, Vergil, Firebrand, Nemesis, Hawkeye, Strider, etc. there are so many characters whose BnB's carry corner to corner. It's hard to judge corner carry when they all end up at the same place. Like really, how is one corner-to-corner carry better than the next?

Not directed at OP, rather at thread claiming this character has "better" corner-to-corner than the next... That doesn't even make logical sense. That's like saying a pound of bricks is heavier than a pound of feathers. They may be two different objects, but it ends up being the same freaking thing.
    [ Magneto | Nova | Sentinel ]
    UMvC3: [Strange/Haggar/Arthur] Low tier heroes, represent!
    PSN: TheCougar44. Add me if you want to play some matches!
  • chirpchirp Joined: Posts: 3,169
  • NonSexualRiceNonSexualRice Hey Fatty Boom Boom, Hit Me with the Ching Ching Joined: Posts: 3,499 ✭✭✭✭✭

my cancer has returned after going into emission for 2 weeks :(
    BB: valkenhayn/Carl
    SG: Fortune/Eliza (hype train)/Valentine
  • CavemanCaveman Mashing on throw Joined: Posts: 476 ✭✭
    Firebrand is the easiest/best/most practical corner carry in the game. Zero thought to go in with that character and convert any hit into a fullscreen wall carry for corner TAC cheese. Other characters have good wall carry too but in terms of execution firebrand is tops thanks to easy relaunches and bon voyage.
  • <Insert Name Here>&lt;Insert Name Here&gt; "ZONE ME OUT", I screamed as I selected Magneto on the character select screen Joined: Posts: 6,878 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Character popularity =/= how good that character is.

If you can't look at a character's tools and what he/she can do with the right assists (in other words, "theory") to see what makes them good and just go by who wins and who is used the most, you really shouldn't be judging who's top tier and who isn't. Just saying.
    UMvC3: Magneto/Dante/Frank West, Magneto/Dormammu/Dante || BBCP: Relius
    Give me attention: @ LaziestNameEver
    PSN: Laziest_ID_Ever (I don't really play online)
    "how can anyone hate marvel if our eyes aren't real?" - Scrubeks
  • GordonsBeardGordonsBeard QCF+P Bad Stoned Joined: Posts: 379
    Taskmaster corner carries in his two bnb's; more the older bnb with the double mighty swings on the ground.
    I was coming in here to say the same thing. It's hard to find a Taskmaster combo that doesn't carry you to the corner.
  • leafcolonelleafcolonel Apprentice of Magnetism Joined: Posts: 1,876 ✭✭✭
    You can spew out random Taskmaster confirms on the fly and they'll still carry to corner to corner off any possible hitconfirm.

This topic is pretty stupid as atleast 50% of the cast carries corner to corner with no difficulty at all, and nearly all if not all characters in the game can corner carry with assists.
  • lawlHTlawlHT youtube player Joined: Posts: 535
    Firebrand. every hit confirm is a corner carry
    PSN: lawlHT
    UMVC3: Frauderbrand/Super Skrub/Trollmaster -currently learning: Dante, Dormammu-
    P4 Arena: Mitsuru, Labrys - Skullgirls: Filia - SSF4:AE2012: Sakura
  • HaikuWarHaikuWar The Best Looking Player EVER Joined: Posts: 2,094
    Zeros main goal is to go to the corner... firebrand has a move that drags them there, Viper has a shit ton of forward momentum, Spencer can but it has to be assisted, and Cable.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 2
  • masonmason Joined: Posts: 674 ✭✭✭
    In no particular order... Dante, Nova, Felicia, Viper, Strange, Magneto, Doom, Vergil, Firebrand, Nemesis, Hawkeye, Strider, etc. there are so many characters whose BnB's carry corner to corner. It's hard to judge corner carry when they all end up at the same place. Like really, how is one corner-to-corner carry better than the next?

Not directed at OP, rather at thread claiming this character has "better" corner-to-corner than the next... That doesn't even make logical sense. That's like saying a pound of bricks is heavier than a pound of feathers. They may be two different objects, but it ends up being the same freaking thing.

Well being a Phoenix player, I normally judge corner carry in how easily you can carry corner to corner and then still launch into a TAC in the corner. I'd say that's 1 step up from just regular corner carry.

Magneto's BnB does this, while characters like Nemesis won't ever get this to happen without an assist
    Laughter 7: Well, this is strange. At the GodsGarden that just went down, Momochi picked Dhalsim (beat Daigo 10-8 too!). Is this mofo ever coming back to Gouki?!