Questions for PSVita owners

Super Sick CaseSuper Sick Case PuroresuLuvJoined: Posts: 427
How many of you play stick on console then play on the Vita? It is hard to switch back and forth between titles execution wise?

Is the Vita version on par with console? For instance does a combo/setup work on both console and vita or are there problems?

I dont really care about the backgrounds because I was used to the SSFIV version on 3DS and iOS. I am more interested if this version is great for working on training room/testing stuff online like setups and teams.

Comments

• The MartianThe Martian Dual Valentines. Joined: Posts: 7,039 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I owned a Vita for a while. Played UMVC on it often and didn't really have that much trouble pulling off my maneuvers from the console version.
    "Power is not will. It is the phenomenon of physically making things happen."

PSN: Shadaloo_Martian
    WiiU ID: IIMartianII
    XBL: III Martian III

My Tumblr.
    3DS Code: 4957-4227-9462
  • TLL UvATLL UvA Joined: Posts: 14
    It's much similar just depends on execution and takes practice.
    UMVC3: Magneto, Dormammu, Doom /Capt. America /Strider /Sentinel
    SFxT: Kazuya & Heihachi /Bison /Ryu /Dhalism
  • Super Sick CaseSuper Sick Case PuroresuLuv Joined: Posts: 427
  • TLL UvATLL UvA Joined: Posts: 14
    Were either of you stick players?
    I'm a Pad player (DPad lol) it's easier for me, though execution when performing moves and hypers is way better on the stick. I prefer the pad because I don't want to accidentally break my Vita's stick and because I'm very used to it. If only Capcom or someone made a mini arcade stick on the Vita.
    UMVC3: Magneto, Dormammu, Doom /Capt. America /Strider /Sentinel
    SFxT: Kazuya & Heihachi /Bison /Ryu /Dhalism
  • DreizeDreize How quaint... Joined: Posts: 1,333 ✭✭✭
    Some combos work on the console that don't work on the vita. This is due to weird HSD properties that were tweaked for god knows what reason.
  • The MartianThe Martian Dual Valentines. Joined: Posts: 7,039 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yeah, honestly the biggest use for the Vita port is it's hitbox data.
    "Power is not will. It is the phenomenon of physically making things happen."

PSN: Shadaloo_Martian
    WiiU ID: IIMartianII
    XBL: III Martian III

My Tumblr.
    3DS Code: 4957-4227-9462
  • Super Sick CaseSuper Sick Case PuroresuLuv Joined: Posts: 427
    im on the road a lot, so I figure I could use this when I need to work on setups/combos but Im worried that I would be creating more work for me by going between stick and pad?
  • GordonsBeardGordonsBeard QCF+P Bad Stoned Joined: Posts: 379
    I play on sticks for all my fighters and I play marvel on the Vita. I use a simple team of Haggar, Frank, Sentinel right now so it's not the hardest thing to transition over. I find that it's just impossible for me to reliably get off a team super, I end up snapping back two or three times.
  • charlie88charlie88 Devil Survivor is my $Hit....your friendly neighborhood NiGga Joined: Posts: 3,119 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I play pad and its easy for me to play on both, if your a stick player I would imagine it to be awkward at first but I think you would get used to it quickly
    A wild typical Nigga appeared...... Greninja use Job Application, Committment and Read A Book...... Its super effective..... The Wild Nigga fleed..... Win Quote: I must use the tools the white man has given us to protect our world from coonery and bafoonery
  • GordonsBeardGordonsBeard QCF+P Bad Stoned Joined: Posts: 379
    I play pad and its easy for me to play on both, if your a stick player I would imagine it to be awkward at first but I think you would get used to it quickly
    My question for you is then: is the loss of the R2/L2 triggers a problem? I've never used a pad before and I figured you'd use those for some combinations ( like :m:+:s: or A1+A2 ) instead of having to try and hit L and R at the same time, I always get a snapback instead of a Team Super. I know it's possible, it's just my execution, but damn is that hard at first.
  • charlie88charlie88 Devil Survivor is my $Hit....your friendly neighborhood NiGga Joined: Posts: 3,119 ✭✭✭✭✭
    My question for you is then: is the loss of the R2/L2 triggers a problem? I've never used a pad before and I figured you'd use those for some combinations ( like :m:+:s: or A1+A2 ) instead of having to try and hit L and R at the same time, I always get a snapback instead of a Team Super. I know it's possible, it's just my execution, but damn is that hard at first.

It is when you are used to 1 button dashing, team hypers, and extra easier way to hold buttons for moves like zero's buster. You eventually get used to it but I think characters like zero and vergil are almost impossible to play at there full potential unless you have some weird button setup that works for you. You will get used to it and overcome it but its a time thing. Hell I spend most of my time in training mode so its not that bad. But yea adjusting from pad to vita is a task but worth it in the long run.
    A wild typical Nigga appeared...... Greninja use Job Application, Committment and Read A Book...... Its super effective..... The Wild Nigga fleed..... Win Quote: I must use the tools the white man has given us to protect our world from coonery and bafoonery
  • CougarCougar Logic, yo. Joined: Posts: 1,528
    I'm a stick player on PS3 and a pad player on PS Vita, and I'd say playing a good mix of online and offline Vita, even on pad, keeps me in good form for PS3 play. The HSD is very slightly tweaked for some characters... Not sure why, but it is. Strange gets one less rep out of his jump loop, for example. That's the only thing that's coming to me at the moment.

As for switching between stick and pad, I guess it all depends. I can learn a new combo entirely on the pad, and then bust it out online on my PS3 without any problems. Also, if the combo isn't too difficult, I can do it the other way around too. I'm a bit worse on the pad because I always two-button dash, and the Vita buttons weren't exactly made for being pressed simultaneously. Because of that, I can't do the harder combos.

Keep in mind that by "harder combos," I mean ridiculously difficult stuff that you'd have to be really good to do anyway. Magneto's ROM Loop, Dante's Acid Rain/Shot Loops, Zero's Lightning Loop, etc. I can still consistently do things like Magneto's Hyper Grav Loop and Dante's Bold Cancel BnB, which most people would consider reasonably difficult anyway. I got 100% mission mode on PS3 and I have 2 missions left on PS Vita. It's pretty close.

Also, as a fun little side note, calling assists mid-combo is actually easier on Vita than on stick. Go figure. :)
    [ Magneto | Nova | Sentinel ]
    UMvC3: [Strange/Haggar/Arthur] Low tier heroes, represent!
    PSN: TheCougar44. Add me if you want to play some matches!