Which Arcade stick should i buy? whats the difference in between buttons?

Di4b0lic4lDi4b0lic4l Joined: Posts: 34
I'm looking to buy a Qanba arcade stick, this one to be specific http://www.amazon.com/Qanba-Q4-Q4RAF-Ice-Red/dp/B007SGH5MU/ref=sr_1_3?s=videogames&ie=UTF8&qid=1352513957&sr=1-3&keywords=qanba+arcade+stick
But people usually have a madcatz stick, is madcatz better then qanba? and another thing i notice was the sanwa button, usually in the discription, most arcade stick has a OSBF-30 sanwa buttons, but the Qanba buttons that they have listed is OBSC- 30, what's the difference between the two? is one more sensitive then the other? And if anyone has this Qanba stick, does it really work on all three system? did you guys have any problems? thanks for your HELP

Comments

• Pnoy PrydePnoy Pryde Always hungry... Joined: Posts: 808 ✭✭✭
    I'd recommend the quanba stick if you plan on playing both PS3 and 360. There are no differences between the buttons other than the OBSC are clear translucent buttons, hence the C for Clear. The stick does work on all three systems and when it comes down to it, they (qanba and madcatz) make very good quality sticks. If you want a stick dual modded out of the box then get the qanba. If you are only playing on one system then I'd say get a mad catz for said system.
  • Di4b0lic4lDi4b0lic4l Joined: Posts: 34
    I'd recommend the quanba stick if you plan on playing both PS3 and 360. There are no differences between the buttons other than the OBSC are clear translucent buttons, hence the C for Clear. The stick does work on all three systems and when it comes down to it, they (qanba and madcatz) make very good quality sticks. If you want a stick dual modded out of the box then get the qanba. If you are only playing on one system then I'd say get a mad catz for said system.
    SO you would recommend madcatz over qanba if I'm only gonna play with one system? why? madcatz is better then qanba?
  • Pnoy PrydePnoy Pryde Always hungry... Joined: Posts: 808 ✭✭✭
    If you don't plan on using half the function of something, why pay for full price. Both MadCatz and Qanba make good sticks but you'd be paying more for a qanba. Other than that the only difference is the build, button, and joystick color and the dual mod Circuit Board. But hey its your call and your money.
  • eltroubleeltrouble Joined: Posts: 5,376 ✭✭✭✭
    Qanba = best value for money. It's well-priced considering its dual-modded, has a nice felt bottom that grips your jeans, the stick and buttons are nice, and the heaviness of it makes it very stable. Only issue is that the cord is shorter than the Madcatz, and the start button is on the face (some idiots press this while mashing). And yes, it works on xbox, ps3, and PC.

Madcatz = equally as good. cheaper. no dual-mod or felt bottom. great if you only want to play on a single console system.
  • Di4b0lic4lDi4b0lic4l Joined: Posts: 34
    Qanba = best value for money. It's well-priced considering its dual-modded, has a nice felt bottom that grips your jeans, the stick and buttons are nice, and the heaviness of it makes it very stable. Only issue is that the cord is shorter than the Madcatz, and the start button is on the face (some idiots press this while mashing). And yes, it works on xbox, ps3, and PC.

Madcatz = equally as good. cheaper. no dual-mod or felt bottom. great if you only want to play on a single console system.
    I'm going with the Qanba, it looks more stylish, and better. if there both equally the same...
  • ChadChad Joined: Posts: 1,085 ✭✭✭
    Since most sticks now have Sanwa JLFs and obsf buttons, the only real differences are in the case design. Cases aren't only an aesthetic consideration, they also dramatically affect how the parts feel while playing. The same stick and buttons can feel almost entirely different depending on the case they are in.

Just pick a stick design and size that you like and try something out. If you need ps3 and 360 from the same stick go for a Qanba.
  • SolderSolder Aspires for Mid-Tier Joined: Posts: 1,339
    I recommend the kind discussed in the stickies at the top of this forum.

Seriously, look before you post.
    XBL: Girls N Corpses

Canada Cup 2011- 8/95 Never Forget