Screw in and Snap On Buttons: Interchange-able?

gatoradeboygatoradeboy Joined: Posts: 3
Can you swap the outer rings from a snap on to a screw in button? Meaning are the middle button part (the part you push down) the same between the two types of buttons. If they are, are they the same between seimitsu and sanwa?

Comments

• MoonchildeMoonchilde Tech Talk Demi-God Joined: Posts: 3,117 ✭✭✭✭✭
    No, they aren't actually. I had this problem on the Seimitsu clears, the PS-14-KN. They don't use the same plunger (the part you press in) as the snap-ins. So if you try to switch the barrels (the outer rims) then you'll have issues with the plungers not fitting on top of the switches right. At least in the case of Seimitsu. Sanwa, will be the same because they all use the same switch, so if you wanted to swap plungers on Sanwa snap-ins and screw-ins, you probably can do so. As far as putting Seimitsu plungers in Sanwa barrels, I wouldn't recommend it because of the switches possibly being different for some Seimitsu models.
    Facebook group dedicated to 2D gaming and 2D game design
    https://www.facebook.com/groups/2d.gaming.design
    ~~~~~~~~~~
    SRK Tech Talk now also on Facebook!
    https://www.facebook.com/groups/srk.tech.talk
  • kuradoberijamfrkuradoberijamfr Joined: Posts: 48
    Seimitsu PS14K and KN uses different switches (which is confusing) hence the incompatibility.
    For the other buttons though you should be fine as long as the mix is done on parts from a single manufacturer.
  • DarksakulDarksakul Your lack of faith disturbs me Joined: Posts: 11,035 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Can you swap the outer rings from a snap on to a screw in button? Meaning are the middle button part (the part you push down) the same between the two types of buttons. If they are, are they the same between seimitsu and sanwa?
    Seimitsu - No
    Sanwa - Yes

Sanwa button parts are not compatible with Seimitsu.

Only some of the Seimitsu buttons can accept Sanwa Microswitches, as stated above different Seimitsu buttons used different size switches
    You must defeat Sheng Long to stand a chance.
    there is a unwritten rule that every Full Moon some clueless poster has to stumble into this forum and tout their own perception as hard fact.
  • FreedomGundamFreedomGundam Freedom, ikimasu! Joined: Posts: 1,264 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I can't say much for Sanwas (I don't use them), but on the side of Seimitsu, 24mm buttons have somewhat interchangable parts:
    - Snap-in plungers can be used in screw-in button bodies
    - Screw-in plungers can NOT be used in snap-in bodies
    This is because there's an extra slot cut out on the sides of the plungers to accomodate for the snap-in locks. So snap-in plungers (with a slot) can fit into screw-in bodies (who don't need the slot); whereas screw-in plungers (no slot) cannot fit into snap-in bodies (who do need the slot).

The situation with 30mm Seitmitsus have already been outlined in posts above.
    Current stick: custom Modular ABS stick (LS-31-01 + PS-14-GN)
    Cabinet: custom cabinet (32" LCD, X360, JLF + PS-14-KN)
    Previous sticks: custom Happ CvS2 Double-sticks, custom Happ Hitomi-stick & Xenosaga-stick, custom Sanwa/Seimitsu Neptune-stick and Sylvia-stick, modded Mad Catz TvC, modded Mad Catz Brawlstick, modded Hori FSVX, modded Exar Exaprize

Looking for:
    CPS2 (green or blue): Puzzle Fighter, Hyper SF2, Vampire Savior 2, SF Alpha/Zero 3, Vampire Hunter 2
    Naomi GD-ROM: SF Zero3 Upper, Puyo Puyo Fever, Triggerheart Excelica, Ikaruga