Fort Wayne, IN: High Stakes Hungry, Hungry Hippos League

Comments

• XeroXenXeroXen Non-Existant Joined: Posts: 129
    It looks like we'll be hosting Saturday at our usual place. If anybody needs the address let me know or you can probably ask Brent.

I'd say to start showing up between 7-8, things should be ready by then.
  • Masamune_ShadowMasamune_Shadow -Till Next Time... Joined: Posts: 909

What the fuck is this shit!? A new thread? People seem to be posting? People seem to be HOSTING!?
    Not going to lie, I'm impressed. /thumbsup
    -Till Next Time...

-Masamune_Shadow
  • cheezface immortalcheezface immortal unbeatlievable Joined: Posts: 1,082
    haha. it's not like a flood of posts but yeah there is some activity here and there. same with the hosting i suppose. Jon & Ty hosting is awesome. when they don't host those of us from Decatur just go downtown to DZ Gaming to play, that is always an option for us. in fact the store owner Zach wants more FW players to come down again and play sometime. :)

yo man FW has some Marvel players these days. the competition is getting better and better around here. i like it!
    I am, quite possibly, the greatest man alive!
    Steven Seagal as The Cockpuncher - "I don't think you have the balls."
    Chaos Crypt - "I'd say we sound like the primeval howl from the cursed newborn."
  • Nel-Nel- Joined: Posts: 56
    Hey guys I have most of the videos from Plenty of Corn uploaded if for some reason you didn't see my facebook spam here you go!
    http://www.youtube.com/user/Nelstream/featured

shout outs to Madoka, Chinese cartoons, and SFxTekken LOL was a great night
    "you clap for THAT?"
  • DunkyHarwoodDunkyHarwood Get Desperate! Joined: Posts: 77
    You rock, that was so quick! Did you guys not record any Persona?
    I like my women like I like my money, with faces on em.
    I was going to untill my adapter for my ps3 decided it didn't want to work after we blew one of the circuits lol luckily xbox doesn't need any bs to record/stream
    "you clap for THAT?"
    that, and the chezface would have been all up ins dat grill reminding him main tourneys take precedence over any side stuff, especially when the side stuff is a party game like P4A:D
    Chaos Crypt - "I'd say we sound like the primeval howl from the cursed newborn."
    results are up!

http://shoryuken.com/forum/index.php?threads/plenty-of-corn-results.175471

also thank you Nel for wasting no time to get these videos up!
    UMvC3 players, there are a lot of you in FW, y'all should think about getting together soon! you guys have had some good showings at the Indy events and the Decatur one too! plus i want to jump in and really try to learn with a new team for me. or if it's easier to join me at DZ Gaming in Decatur that is always an option, although i would recommend Saturday nights over Friday for sure since they stay open later.
    don't forget to sign up for UFGT9 registration opened today!

I need some practice for marvel anytime fri-sun be warned I just picked the game up this week lol
    also open to playing persona of course and if anyone wants to teach me how to dive kick that'd be sweet too (doom mirror matches?)
    "you clap for THAT?"
    edited February 2013
    Cletus - check your facebook about this video...
  • CurlyWCurlyW Hello? Yes, this is dog. Joined: Posts: 877
    Registration for UFGT9 is OPEN!

http://ufgtus.wordpress.com/register/

New venue, New theme, Same great taste
    "Not part of the FGC" -Guy responsible for Cross Assault
    alright alright, i got myself all registered for UFGT9. this is a good thing. =)
  • crono_marlecrono_marle Joined: Posts: 348

Everyone that attended Plenty of Corn: Hey guys, I've really enjoyed watching all the videos that have been uploaded to Youtube. The Marvel matches were extremely entertaining for me to watch considering the large variety of characters that were used (I may try some Captain America now). 

I can't wait to watch more events!

NOTE: Has anyone had a difficult time watching the grand finals of MvC3? All the other videos work no problem for me.

1 John 2:11
    11 If we hate others, we are living and walking in the dark.
    edited February 2013
    Nice to hear, there is surprisingly good character variety here in Indiana, if you don't count the abundance of Hulk players that is haha. Many of us are trying out new characters as well, like you I also have my eyes set on Captain America. The grand finals video seems to work just fine for me, sometimes with youtube you just have to revisit a video later if it isn't working.
    aight Clem i spent just a little time messing around with Hawkeye and also Jill.  have not given any time to Spider-Man just yet but that day will come.  i didn't even realize Hawkeye can put a little aim on his H both charged and uncharged.  that will help me cover a certain angle where Ty's Captain America was victimizing me on Saturday.  and Jill, well she is an interesting one.  reminds me of when i would see some ST tourneys at speed 3 and trying to control Vega but he's just too fast and it feels like he's basically leading me around and i'm trying to just keep up.  with her it's just go go go at full speed all the time, she's a firecracker i guess. haha.
  • Riot55Riot55 King Scrub Joined: Posts: 790
    Marvel this weekend ?!
    www.youtube.com/riot55
    www.twitch.tv/riot12345
    SFV/Competitive CS:GO/Hearthstone
    Not sure yet if we are playing this weekend.

Brent, nice to hear that you are experimenting some more. Never knew you could change aim with Hawkeye like that, nice find. He seems like your kind of character to be honest, I hope you stick with him. Haha, Jill can be quite hard to control, but has some pretty explosive offense from what I've seen.
    i'll play this weekend, either in FW or at DZ if folks want to come there.
    edited February 2013
     I know this is like super last minute but is anyone interested in going to http://forums.shoryuken.com/discussion/174909/feb-23-2013-re-ignition-chicago-il#latest ?

hit me up
    "you clap for THAT?"
    Let me know if a few people plan on meeting at DZ or wherever. If a couple people wanna play I will come down... trying to figure out plans for Saturday evening!
    www.youtube.com/riot55
    www.twitch.tv/riot12345
    Scott - we ended up not going to the Chicago thing so unless someone hosts in FW you know where to find a couple of us in Decatur. maybe to help your cause you can find someone to tag along with you? Clem, Ty, Jonathon, we got Brandon to come out last week again (guy that came to Kevin's the one time with Haggar). let us know. i'm like 100% certain Nel and i will be at DZ, we'll try to get one or two locals to come along.
    edited February 2013
    I won't be able to go down to Decatur tonight unfortunately, I'm actually in Huntertown at the moment.
    kk maybe next weekend?  I'd just like to go when a bunch of people are planning on it if I'm able to.  
    www.youtube.com/riot55
    www.twitch.tv/riot12345
    we're here every weekend (unless summoned to FW by a session) so just get the word out and be active in communicating with everyone
    i don't know who all checks this forum (maybe some in secrecy???) and who needs direct contact on facebook to be kept in the loop. i miss the olden days where everyone kept active here :(

anyway i think some of us are planning to hit up Godlike Sunday's in Indianapolis which is this Sunday, March 3rd. sort of depends on the weather i suppose. also i know folks maybe wanted to get together this weekend (that's great!!!) but again i'm sure it's weather pending.

just saying, if a regular weekend gathering doesn't work out for some reason then perhaps the Indy event would be a nice substitute to hold us over until another week instead??? speak up if interested.
    edited March 2013
    How goes your training, Brent? I've been trying to play more Spencer lately too. I still suck at knowing when to call assists and time zips/pokes with either arrow assist or tatsu assist, but slowly learning.

531014_432824090139574_370929342_n.jpg

Dark Hole assist is probably easier to help Spencer get in, but Dorm's pillar assist can let Spencer do an additional vertical grapple in the corner. Essentially you can fit in like 5 UVGs (unscaled verticle grapples) and probably not ever need to use meter at all, thus saving it for Dorm's lockdown with stalking flares. If you youtube Spencer/Dormammu you can probably get some ideas even though the some of the videos have other 3rds like Strange... can still get some possibilities most likely.
    www.youtube.com/riot55
    www.twitch.tv/riot12345
    it's going alright. still improving at the Doom mid-screen loops so that is important. i believe i have eliminated my goofy dashing problem when trying for otg pillar/super with Dormammu so that too is a nice improvement. with Spencer i haven't done anything but keep trying to improve at that corner combo. i do see that it's not possible on Arthur, Viewtiful Joe, and Rocket Raccoon. as far as learning to advance with dark hole or learning to combo extend with pillar that will take me much more time. learning stuff about this game is all a super slow work in progress for me.

very nice picture there, btw :))
    anyone in FW up for Marvel? Corey says he's coming for real this time. lol
    no one likes to discuss fighting games here anymore? :((
  • chameleonicechameleonice Joined: Posts: 13
    Once again, I fail to get notices from this forum :( If anyone's still about and up for playing, I'd love to get together! Particularly Darkstalkers. Is anyone in our neck of the woods giving that game an honest shake?
    Be like the duck, calm and serene on the surface, yet always paddling like the dickens below.
    i think i am, at least for now anyway. i do plan to play it with folks when i travel out to some tourneys so i guess i'll see how i feel about it after playing the dedicated fan base.

sadly we don't seem to have any gatherings anymore. our local scene is non-existent. only a couple of us go out to tourneys sometimes, that's our scene right now sadly.
    Summer is coming up for me, I'd like to go out and play more often. Injustice is pretty fun actually right now. I hated MK9, but this is fun. I'm down to play Marvel, Injustice, or Street Fighter (though I haven't played for over a year haha)!
    www.youtube.com/riot55
    www.twitch.tv/riot12345
    Scott: I'm really enjoying Injustice as well. Is Abe planning on hosting something in the summer? I really had a lot of fun the last time I was able to come up.
    http://www.strevival.com/strategy/rankingchart2013
    proud to say i got asked to help on the Vega portion of this. :D

so i think we may be able to start having some locals again in the near future, so possible great news. someone i haven't seen in awhile mentioned the idea of hosting at his apartment (we could have like 3 setups i believe), someone from Auburn and his friends in Warsaw are looking to meet up and play sometime, and i met a guy by complete chance yesterday that is into SF4 a bit and watches the tourney streams and he may want to meet up with us at some point. things are looking up :)
  • chameleonicechameleonice Joined: Posts: 13
    Ooh, very nice! I keep hearing about your awesome Vega and that you've done so well with him... No wonder you were asked to help with that :) It really makes me want to play you in Super Turbo sometime and see just how it goes, as Vega's my favorite character in that game as well.

Great to hear that we have some prospects! All of those sound well within my realm of visiting and I've been hungry to play against some real people. Just had a friend here get rather frustrated at me for how I played Blazeblu (My worst game...) against him and another who refuses to play any fighting games against me whatsoever, even new ones! Online just seriously loses its luster compared to real people these days...

Also... This may be me being selfish, but I'm planning on joining a tournament at the upcoming Gen-con in Indy. I particularly want to get together with you guys so that I can get some training in and figure out just what game I can even play there!

So, yeah, please keep us up to date and let us know when stuff is happening! You've got contact info for most of us, I think, so don't be shy about using it ;)
    Be like the duck, calm and serene on the surface, yet always paddling like the dickens below.
    edited June 2013
    I'm down for Marvel any time now that summer is here. If people actually go and meet up I will come =)

Send me a text or message on Facebook and I'll try to make it.
    www.youtube.com/riot55
    www.twitch.tv/riot12345
    yeah i think when i get back after this weekend i'll try getting ahold of some peeps and seeing if we can get this local scene going again.

Malcolm - yeah that sounds great to me. if we can get the locals started i'd be happy to show what i know for ST in general and the character Vega :)

if anyone is bored this weekend, tune into to watch the old school tourney they are hosting in Cincinnati. i will be there along with Ghettoontherise Dave. i don't know the exact schedule but if we have any ST heads the ST event is supposed to start at 12 noon on Saturday. it's a ratio tourney so i don't know what team i'll use quite yet but i'm sure i'll figure out something.
  • TheRealMrPeanutTheRealMrPeanut Joined: Posts: 2
    Hello everybody. Just joined the site cause I met someone last week that posts here and told me to join up. I only play Street Fighter 4, but would love to play some other games. So let me know wherever and whenever you guys get together.
    MrPeanut - i'm sure that was me. do you work at the Acura dealership? i drive the white Kia Soul :) i'm about to reach out to some people to see if we can get the local scene re-started again. i'll post up here when i can get some answers.

any ST fans in the house? no? of course not :( but if anyone wants to get nostalgic and watch some, here is the almost 5 hour long archive of the tourney from Cincy yesterday. it was a ratio tourney where characters were assigned point values. you could have a minimum of 2 characters and a maximum of 4. also the character values could not surpass 7 points. i had a team of S. Cammy (.5 points), S. Chun Li (2.5 points), and Vega (4 points).

here is the archive...

and my matches cuz they are the best...
    1:43:00 vs. Klimax
    2:02:30 vs. MiguelS
    2:59:00 vs. Mad Possum
    3:38:00 vs. Chris Gamble (no, this is not the Chris G you're thinking of)
    4:01:00 vs. MiguelS (the salty run back)
    4:22:00 vs. RoyBisel
  • TheRealMrPeanutTheRealMrPeanut Joined: Posts: 2
    Cheezface- Yeah I am the one that works at Acura. Just let me know whenever you get something together.
    Anybody interested in buying an Xbox or PS3 TE stick? I have three sticks (2 Xboxes and 1 PS3), and since I just sold my PS3 I'm up for selling the stick, and I don't really need two 360 sticks anymore. The 360 one is the original black and red SF4 TE stick, and the PS3 one is the black Super Street Fighter 2 TE Round 2 revision. They both come with octagon gates if you want them, or the original square gates.

They're still pretty valuable on eBay and stuff apparently and both work just fine (TE sticks are tanks!), so I'm thinking maybe $65 for the 360 and $75 for the PS3 stick. Let me know and I can bring them to a local sometime soon!
    www.youtube.com/riot55
    www.twitch.tv/riot12345
    nothing definite just yet, but we i did get to speak to someone in FW that will be willing to host locals on some Saturday's possibly starting next week on July 5th. i'll post back when i get more details.
    Brent: I can't seem to get the links to work that you put up. Is anyone else having a hard time accessing them?
    edited July 2013
    oh yeah, it seems they replaced those with a big long youtube video instead. lol! hang on i'll find it. i'm looking thru the Evo brackets right now. if i was good enough at SF4 to beat just two opponents, i would be fortunate enough to face the mighty GamerBee in the third round ;) how lucky for him i'm not good enough. lmao!

http://evo2013.s3.amazonaws.com/brackets/ssf4_e7.html
    edited July 2013

1:12:30 vs. Klimax (the ladies in the crowd... wait for it... "Klimaxed" when they saw my invincible Vega. lol!)
    1:32:30 vs. MiguelS ($%@! ... Q-Bert cursing coming from me after this one)
    2:29:00 vs. Mad Possum (even when mad, possums are fairly harmless... possums and Honda's. hahaha)
    3:08:00 vs. Chris Gamble (not THAT Chris G)
    3:31:00 vs. MiguelS (the salty run back, here hold these jumping strongs!!! lmao!)
    3:52:00 vs. RoyBisel (my arch nemesis Frank)

wow i literally just noticed the picture that is displayed for this video before you click to watch it is of me jump stronging that fool MiguelS during our salty run back. lololol. Tim i'm geeking out and cracking up hardcore right now! you'll see what i mean. omg Ghaleon's lack of belief and his commentary, i'm laughing so hard i'm crying right now ...
    Post edited by cheezface immortal on
  • WKDCLWNWKDCLWN Gimme 3 feet......Baam!! Joined: Posts: 76
    Took a long time to watch all that brent. Nice job. Hugo is coming.
    gief.i.tis (gef-i tis)
    n.
    The abnormal fear of Zangief in any fighting game in which he appears as a combatant(ex. SF2, SF2CE, SF2T, SSF2T, SF:The Movie, SFEX1,2,3, Pocket Fighter, SFA2, SFA3, SFA3U, X-Men Vs. SF, MSH Vs. SF, MVC, MVC2, CVS, CVS2, SVC:MOTM, Capcom fighting evolution, SVC2).

Known causes included repeated exposure to the SPD and RBG, or the super variants thereof. Consistant domination by Zangief in any game named, or just REALLY BAD ASS WHOOPINS FROM BOOKER Z.

Known symptons include night sweats accompanied by night terrors of the Russian Death Merchant. Involuntary shakes everytime game with Zangief is played, general uneasiness anytime The Motherland is mentioned, and an very distinct fear of Vodka.

Known cure: Absolutately none!

See also: Red Cyclophobia(a.k.a. The Red Plague)
    who's the new kid? welcome to srk ;)
    you will be happy to hear i played the KI game at Evo which had Jago, Sabrewulf, and Glacius. it didn't have Chief Thunder but i guess he is next?
    edited July 2013
    Brent: I was laughing pretty hard as well. Ghaleon's commentary is what really makes it so funny. Later on I really liked the comment, "Maybe MiguelS was sick of playing. Maybe it was just too much ST" LOL, LOL Chris is so funny.

That Cammy made me think of the Doomsday I play online. I'm jumping all over the place and people hate it. One guy last night said, "Just wait, I've got this trash" I go on to beat him 3 - 0 with each time having a lower health bar because I was in Survivor mode. lol He wasn't very happy that his 40% combos couldn't do the trick lol

Also, I really liked the ratio tournament. I'm still a little confused on how it works but it was neat to watch. I hope to see it more.
    edited July 2013
    Tim - yeah that commentary was entertaining for sure. hey i wanted to ask you something. so just yesterday 7/19 we started a facebook group for the Fort Wayne area FGC. it is meant to be a central place to help everyone keep track of locals when we have them, and gauge interest in tournaments. we did this also because not a lot of stuff goes on here anymore, sadly. i still check here every few days to look for new folks and it works well. but anyway, not sure if you want an invite to the facebook group or not. just throwing it out there and i'll let you decide. it's called "Fort Wayne Fighting Game Community"

to anyone else reading this that has facebook, please join that page, Fort Wayne Fighting Game Community. it will save me from having to do a lot of running around all the time to individually contact everyone so often.

https://www.facebook.com/groups/673093962720214/