Fort Wayne, IN: High Stakes Hungry, Hungry Hippos League

Comments

• chameleonicechameleonice Joined: Posts: 13
    Apologies for seeming out of the loop, but are folks still meeting regularly? The top post still mentions that DZ Gaming place, and I wasn't sure if folks just naturally met there every Saturday or if we're still playing everything by ear.

Also, Brent, since when did you start playing Marvel? I thought you rarely ever touched the game ;) Guess that makes me an odd duck out because I'm STILL horrid at it. The pacing is just never something I can keep up with.
    Be like the duck, calm and serene on the surface, yet always paddling like the dickens below.
  • Nel-Nel- Joined: Posts: 56
    the decatur folks have been meeting up regularly on fri/sat not sure about ft wayne

Don't worry you probably know more about marvel than I do haha
    "you clap for THAT?"
  • cheezface immortalcheezface immortal unbeatlievable Joined: Posts: 1,082
    Tim - yeah i have been watching those. i like Wolmar and am interested to see this coverage of the event. yeah they didn't interview me so it's crowd shots or bust. haha. i would love to attend one of those ST arcade tourneys in France they were showing.

Malcolm - i don't truly play Marvel. i only get in occasional matches against Corey at DZ and i'm entering it at the POC Decatur tourney just cuz i feel like it's a local event that i'm helping to run so i should enter it and be a pot monster.
    I am, quite possibly, the greatest man alive!
    Steven Seagal as The Cockpuncher - "I don't think you have the balls."
    Chaos Crypt - "I'd say we sound like the primeval howl from the cursed newborn."
  • XeroXenXeroXen Non-Existant Joined: Posts: 129
    I'm pretty excited for the Decatur Ultimate Marvel tournament, even though there isn't any Brawl there. (Smash 64? Really?)
  • Alpacha21Alpacha21 Joined: Posts: 4
    Hiya everyone. I'm not new to the area, but I've been looking for local tournaments to go to. I live in Muncie and I was just wondering what goes on in and around Muncie. My name is Brian Zellers and I play on 360. Thanks in advance. :D
    Brian - nice to meet you. i'm Brent. we usually get together on weekends to play either in Decatur or in Fort Wayne if anything is going on there. as far as tourneys go you are in luck and have perfect timing. we will be holding our first ever Plenty of Corn tourney in Decatur on Saturday, February 2. please check out the details and it would rock if you could make it out. here are some helpful links...

http://shoryuken.com/forum/index.php?threads/feb-2-2013-plenty-of-corn-decatur-in.174183
    http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=330926
    https://www.facebook.com/events/219262208208740
    Chaos Crypt - "I'd say we sound like the primeval howl from the cursed newborn."
    Anybody know if anything is happening this weekend? If not, I know Ty and myself were considering hosting at our place. (We aren't able to verify that yet though)
    nothing that I'm aware of. id be awesome meeting up again

have car will travel :0
    "you clap for THAT?"
    if yaw wanna host then by all means yaw host it upppppppp, otherwise i'm guessing a few of us will just retreat to our normal destination in lovely downtown Decatur :coffee:
  • chameleonicechameleonice Joined: Posts: 13
    If you were to host again, I'd definitely travel out there to join up :) It's extremely close to my neck of the woods, so I really liked having that ease of travel. Besides, I'm always up for getting my tail handed to me ;)
    Be like the duck, calm and serene on the surface, yet always paddling like the dickens below.
    It looks like we'll be hosting Saturday at our usual place. If anybody needs the address let me know or you can probably ask Brent.

I'd say to start showing up between 7-8, things should be ready by then.
  • Masamune_ShadowMasamune_Shadow -Till Next Time... Joined: Posts: 909

What the fuck is this shit!? A new thread? People seem to be posting? People seem to be HOSTING!?
    Not going to lie, I'm impressed. /thumbsup
    -Till Next Time...

-Masamune_Shadow
    haha. it's not like a flood of posts but yeah there is some activity here and there. same with the hosting i suppose. Jon & Ty hosting is awesome. when they don't host those of us from Decatur just go downtown to DZ Gaming to play, that is always an option for us. in fact the store owner Zach wants more FW players to come down again and play sometime. :)

yo man FW has some Marvel players these days. the competition is getting better and better around here. i like it!
    Hey guys I have most of the videos from Plenty of Corn uploaded if for some reason you didn't see my facebook spam here you go!
    http://www.youtube.com/user/Nelstream/featured

shout outs to Madoka, Chinese cartoons, and SFxTekken LOL was a great night
    "you clap for THAT?"
  • DunkyHarwoodDunkyHarwood Get Desperate! Joined: Posts: 77
    You rock, that was so quick! Did you guys not record any Persona?
    I like my women like I like my money, with faces on em.
    I was going to untill my adapter for my ps3 decided it didn't want to work after we blew one of the circuits lol luckily xbox doesn't need any bs to record/stream
    "you clap for THAT?"
    that, and the chezface would have been all up ins dat grill reminding him main tourneys take precedence over any side stuff, especially when the side stuff is a party game like P4A:D
    results are up!

http://shoryuken.com/forum/index.php?threads/plenty-of-corn-results.175471

also thank you Nel for wasting no time to get these videos up!
    UMvC3 players, there are a lot of you in FW, y'all should think about getting together soon! you guys have had some good showings at the Indy events and the Decatur one too! plus i want to jump in and really try to learn with a new team for me. or if it's easier to join me at DZ Gaming in Decatur that is always an option, although i would recommend Saturday nights over Friday for sure since they stay open later.
    don't forget to sign up for UFGT9 registration opened today!

I need some practice for marvel anytime fri-sun be warned I just picked the game up this week lol
    also open to playing persona of course and if anyone wants to teach me how to dive kick that'd be sweet too (doom mirror matches?)
    "you clap for THAT?"
    edited February 2013
    Cletus - check your facebook about this video...
  • CurlyWCurlyW Hello? Yes, this is dog. Joined: Posts: 877
    Registration for UFGT9 is OPEN!

http://ufgtus.wordpress.com/register/

New venue, New theme, Same great taste
    "Not part of the FGC" -Guy responsible for Cross Assault
    alright alright, i got myself all registered for UFGT9. this is a good thing. =)
  • crono_marlecrono_marle Joined: Posts: 348

Everyone that attended Plenty of Corn: Hey guys, I've really enjoyed watching all the videos that have been uploaded to Youtube. The Marvel matches were extremely entertaining for me to watch considering the large variety of characters that were used (I may try some Captain America now). 

I can't wait to watch more events!

NOTE: Has anyone had a difficult time watching the grand finals of MvC3? All the other videos work no problem for me.

1 John 2:11
    11 If we hate others, we are living and walking in the dark.
    edited February 2013
    Nice to hear, there is surprisingly good character variety here in Indiana, if you don't count the abundance of Hulk players that is haha. Many of us are trying out new characters as well, like you I also have my eyes set on Captain America. The grand finals video seems to work just fine for me, sometimes with youtube you just have to revisit a video later if it isn't working.
    aight Clem i spent just a little time messing around with Hawkeye and also Jill.  have not given any time to Spider-Man just yet but that day will come.  i didn't even realize Hawkeye can put a little aim on his H both charged and uncharged.  that will help me cover a certain angle where Ty's Captain America was victimizing me on Saturday.  and Jill, well she is an interesting one.  reminds me of when i would see some ST tourneys at speed 3 and trying to control Vega but he's just too fast and it feels like he's basically leading me around and i'm trying to just keep up.  with her it's just go go go at full speed all the time, she's a firecracker i guess. haha.
  • Riot55Riot55 King Scrub Joined: Posts: 840
    Marvel this weekend ?!
    www.youtube.com/riot55
    www.twitch.tv/riot12345
    SFV/Competitive CS:GO/Hearthstone
    Not sure yet if we are playing this weekend.

Brent, nice to hear that you are experimenting some more. Never knew you could change aim with Hawkeye like that, nice find. He seems like your kind of character to be honest, I hope you stick with him. Haha, Jill can be quite hard to control, but has some pretty explosive offense from what I've seen.
    i'll play this weekend, either in FW or at DZ if folks want to come there.
    edited February 2013
     I know this is like super last minute but is anyone interested in going to http://forums.shoryuken.com/discussion/174909/feb-23-2013-re-ignition-chicago-il#latest ?

hit me up
    "you clap for THAT?"
    Let me know if a few people plan on meeting at DZ or wherever. If a couple people wanna play I will come down... trying to figure out plans for Saturday evening!
    www.youtube.com/riot55
    www.twitch.tv/riot12345
    Scott - we ended up not going to the Chicago thing so unless someone hosts in FW you know where to find a couple of us in Decatur. maybe to help your cause you can find someone to tag along with you? Clem, Ty, Jonathon, we got Brandon to come out last week again (guy that came to Kevin's the one time with Haggar). let us know. i'm like 100% certain Nel and i will be at DZ, we'll try to get one or two locals to come along.
    edited February 2013
    I won't be able to go down to Decatur tonight unfortunately, I'm actually in Huntertown at the moment.
    kk maybe next weekend?  I'd just like to go when a bunch of people are planning on it if I'm able to.  
    www.youtube.com/riot55
    www.twitch.tv/riot12345
    we're here every weekend (unless summoned to FW by a session) so just get the word out and be active in communicating with everyone
    i don't know who all checks this forum (maybe some in secrecy???) and who needs direct contact on facebook to be kept in the loop. i miss the olden days where everyone kept active here :(

anyway i think some of us are planning to hit up Godlike Sunday's in Indianapolis which is this Sunday, March 3rd. sort of depends on the weather i suppose. also i know folks maybe wanted to get together this weekend (that's great!!!) but again i'm sure it's weather pending.

just saying, if a regular weekend gathering doesn't work out for some reason then perhaps the Indy event would be a nice substitute to hold us over until another week instead??? speak up if interested.
    edited March 2013
    How goes your training, Brent? I've been trying to play more Spencer lately too. I still suck at knowing when to call assists and time zips/pokes with either arrow assist or tatsu assist, but slowly learning.

531014_432824090139574_370929342_n.jpg

Dark Hole assist is probably easier to help Spencer get in, but Dorm's pillar assist can let Spencer do an additional vertical grapple in the corner. Essentially you can fit in like 5 UVGs (unscaled verticle grapples) and probably not ever need to use meter at all, thus saving it for Dorm's lockdown with stalking flares. If you youtube Spencer/Dormammu you can probably get some ideas even though the some of the videos have other 3rds like Strange... can still get some possibilities most likely.
    www.youtube.com/riot55
    www.twitch.tv/riot12345
    it's going alright. still improving at the Doom mid-screen loops so that is important. i believe i have eliminated my goofy dashing problem when trying for otg pillar/super with Dormammu so that too is a nice improvement. with Spencer i haven't done anything but keep trying to improve at that corner combo. i do see that it's not possible on Arthur, Viewtiful Joe, and Rocket Raccoon. as far as learning to advance with dark hole or learning to combo extend with pillar that will take me much more time. learning stuff about this game is all a super slow work in progress for me.

very nice picture there, btw :))
    anyone in FW up for Marvel? Corey says he's coming for real this time. lol
    no one likes to discuss fighting games here anymore? :((