Fort Wayne, IN: High Stakes Hungry, Hungry Hippos League

13»

Comments

• cheezface immortalcheezface immortal unbeatlievable Joined: Posts: 1,082
    i know we have the facebook page for our group, but anybody wanna help me keep this thread alive? it's awfully lonely here alone. remember this thread is still a great way for us to attract new players and it's how many of you first joined in to start playing with us! :)
    I am, quite possibly, the greatest man alive!
    Steven Seagal as The Cockpuncher - "I don't think you have the balls."
    Chaos Crypt - "I'd say we sound like the primeval howl from the cursed newborn."
  • Nel-Nel- Joined: Posts: 56
    I usually check this site at least once every few days
    "you clap for THAT?"
  • bob dolebob dole Joined: Posts: 5
    Hey just got back into the decatur/fort wayne area and wondering where the p4a/AE at went to plenty of corn and the decatur place once or twice someone shoot me a message with info about when you guys meetup
  • Nel-Nel- Joined: Posts: 56
    we migrated to a facebook group, https://www.facebook.com/groups/673093962720214/ , we try to meetup once a week usually fri/sat. the popular games right now are AE skullgirls aquapazza and divekick i'm always down to play persona though

you still playing yukiko?
    "you clap for THAT?"
    Joined, and yah i'm still frauding around with yukiko and ive been playing more AE so im down for that been messing around with divekick too. I will be sure to show up next time people are getting together
    yay more Divekick players makes me happy! welcome back Austin! ;)
    Chaos Crypt - "I'd say we sound like the primeval howl from the cursed newborn."
  • humbaghumbag Team IFD Joined: Posts: 7,403
    i love you man! lol ;) no but really...
    if anyone still reads here, Abe is having locals on Saturday, December 7. i'm guessing a safe starting time is like 8pm probably
    I'll show up if no one minds going to need an address
  • crono_marlecrono_marle Joined: Posts: 348
    Man, it's so crazy how things change. I remember back in the early 2000s when it would take me hours to catch up on reading the thread if I didn't have internet for awhile... Anyone doing anything new these days?
    1 John 2:11
    11 If we hate others, we are living and walking in the dark.
    So, does anyone have anything new going on? Anyone enjoying KI? Thoughts or impressions?
    i don't think anyone reads this anymore. i barely even do. nothing new going on with me really. and i haven't touched fighting games in awhile. no one to play locally and i can't hit many tourneys anymore due to my work schedule. HOWEVER that will change for a brief time coming up soon. i'm hitting the ST TOL2 qualifier in Cincy on 4/26, then Godlike Saturday in Indy on 5/3, and i think i'm headed to UFGTX in Chicago on Memorial Day weekend
    Hey Brent! I'm excited to hear that you'll be able to attend a few tourneys soon. I wish I could go with you but my weekends have been insane lately. My phone is working again (had two months where it wasn't) so feel free to text!
    yeah i'll def do that. and yes it's nice to finally be able to resume a hobby i enjoy after being forced into 6 months away from it. lol. ;)
  • bROGbROG Bonafeezy on XBL! Add me for Umvc3! Joined: Posts: 133
    Anyone looking to play some fighting games soon? Do we still do that in Fort Wayne?
    looool Brandon that is a fair question. do we still do that here in FW? outside of the Smash players, no. do some of us that enjoy non-Smash games still want to? yes. i still travel to a couple tournaments. you are welcome to join along, just gotta keep in touch. best to reach me on my cell or on facebook.
    I'm sure I still have your number, but no facebook.

Saw you on the UGFTX commercial about what you'd miss most.
    oh yeah? lol i still have yet to see that. i need to search around youtube and see if it's there. it was definitely a good tournament series, good times, and it will be missed. but yeah give me a call or text @ 2602234961
  • Mr Gork801Mr Gork801 Destroyer of Heaven Joined: Posts: 356
    Anyone play in Indianapolis? I'm coming for Pokemon nats from UT and I want to get blown up.
    "ALL HE DO IS MEEEHHHHSSSSHHHHH!!!!!!!"
  • EseifEseif Joined: Posts: 10
    gTzEKJs.png

We're having a tournament in southern Indiana coming up real soon! We'll be playing UMvC3 and SSBM. It'd be great to see some of you Fort Wayne players there

Check out the tournament thread here:
    http://forums.shoryuken.com/discussion/191153/saturday-august-2nd-smashville-1-5-midwest-umvc3-and-ssbm-tournament#latest

And make sure to sign up on the Facebook event page!
    https://www.facebook.com/events/396350227171227/397666353706281/?notif_t=event_mall_reply
    Any games this weekend?
    Johnny Appleseed festival and whatnot, I know you guys will be there.

Hit me up for some fighting games.
    SFV releases in a week, tomorrow.

I hope to see some weekend meetups a few weeks after release.

I know people don't post here, but I don't have a facebook account anymore.
    hey Brandon. sorry mate but none of the Fort Wayne players feel the need to play offline. they think playing online exclusively is good enough. i don't even play SFV because there is no locals.
    I'm really not digging STV. It seems too different from others SFs of the past. But, I am enjoying the new KOF quite a bit. That's a really fun game with a ton of options.

@brent - How's your putt-putt been?
    edited August 13
    Someone post the Fort Wayne FGC discord and facebook group, please?
    Post edited by bROG on
13»