My most wanted change for AE2013

KomatikKomatik Card demonJoined: Posts: 2,253 ✭✭✭✭
Or, why the hell does the combination of "very good buttons" and "fast walk speed" seem to be almost the exclusive right of charge characters. Out of high walk speed characters nearly all footsie-based ones are charge characters, barring perhaps Akuma, Cammy, Yun and Evil Ryu, and most of those are stretching it. It's freaking irritating. Buttons. I wants 'em. : (
Steam/GGPO/#Ronline: Coffeeling
KOF13: Iori/Karate/Kim/Benimaru | UNIEL: Gordeau | GG: Elphelt | CB: Vritra/Nagar/??? | 3S: Chun-Li | VSav: Zabel | SSBM: Fox
Resource pack for learning fighting games and/or starting KOF13
·

Comments

• eltroubleeltrouble Joined: Posts: 5,579 ✭✭✭✭
    To make up for their inability to do special moves whenever they want, which certainly affects their playstyle and ground game.

Also, I'm pretty sure threads like are either a) not allowed, or b) talked to death in other threads.
    ·
  • HNIC MikeHNIC Mike Oh Noes! My Character! Joined: Posts: 7,030 ✭✭✭✭✭
    i want the unblockables/reverse blockables eliminated

at first i thought they were pretty cool. but at this point i dont think they add anything meaningful to the game
    DWU fucked my bitch
    ·
  • DooplissDoopliss Wryyigi Joined: Posts: 2,877 ✭✭✭✭
    I'd like all lights to have infinite JP ('cept Gen crane c.LK of course) because resets. Resets everywhere.
    Maybe Doopliss isn't kicking ass, but he's taking names.

"Gotta Patch 'Em All!" an USFIV Old Character Combo Video
    ·
  • VulpesVulpes No. Joined: Posts: 3,677 ✭✭✭
    Antiairs that do their job properly instead of trading with or flat losing to half of all jumpattacks / air specials
    Why.
    ·
  • AmigoOneAmigoOne Joined: Posts: 1,181 ✭✭
    Antiairs that do their job properly instead of trading with or flat losing to half of all jumpattacks / air specials

Any specific one in particular?
    I for one think its retarded that they nerfed Fei's flame kick to pretty much trade a shit ton. DP trades dont make any fucking sense when there are normals that are amazing AAs, bar certain ones like Adon's (wrong angle\strength or something)
    ·
  • ATi7500ATi7500 Feimitsu Danwa Joined: Posts: 461
    Fei's flamekick doesn't trade, you just have to do it deep
    Improvise, adapt, overcome.
    ·
  • K1MOCH1K1MOCH1 Joined: Posts: 165
    nerf sweep anti airs (dj cr.rh, chun cr.rh)
    shit doesnt even look like an anti air and does better job than most normals designed to anti air
    ·
  • EternalEternal unpleasable perfectionist Joined: Posts: 9,660 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Remove the ability to FADC non-ex 3-4F dps (j/k that would totally destroy so much balance, just a frustrating thing to have to deal with)

I just wish there was some way to remove the DP trade to ultra that chars have.
    http://ink-gaming.com/ono/doku.php The new home of the Ono Tool official wiki.
    ·
    Fei's flamekick doesn't trade, you just have to do it deep

A lot of DP's technically shouldn't trade because the first active frame is still invincible.
    Trades still happen.
    ·
  • Swedish ChefSwedish Chef STEEL THY BUTT! Joined: Posts: 6,574 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I just want Dan to actually be good. :sad:
    TAKING YOU PUNKS DOWN!!!
    ^Bubbleberry_VII you are so godlike for making this.
    ·
    i want the unblockables/reverse blockables eliminated

at first i thought they were pretty cool. but at this point i dont think they add anything meaningful to the game

what makes you say that
    ·
  • Sp00kyFoxSp00kyFox Joined: Posts: 258
    A lot of DP's technically shouldn't trade because the first active frame is still invincible.
    then they're still too late. in contrast to st there are no mysterious time/frame independent glitches. if it trades you did it too late and if you're on the other side and it allows your opponent to ultra your jumpin was no good.
    ·
  • cerberusfxcerberusfx Timekeeper Joined: Posts: 2,059 ✭✭✭
    nerf sweep anti airs (dj cr.rh, chun cr.rh)
    shit doesnt even look like an anti air and does better job than most normals designed to anti air

chun's sweep could always be done for an AA. In a lot of games actually
    I just want Dan to actually be good. :sad:
    They could say that Sagat only put Dan's dad into coma and he comes back stronger than any shoto characters :/
    Power is nothing without skill
    R.I.P Joshua Colon (sksksksksk222)
    **Oh god images in signatures--not approving at all >_>!**
    ·
  • ProjectjusticeProjectjustice Sonic Boom! Joined: Posts: 2,051 ✭✭✭
    That there isnt a AE2013 patch.
    Supercade, XBL and GGPO tags: Projectjustice
    ·
  • chubbyfingerzchubbyfingerz Kore ga Saikyo-ryu da! Joined: Posts: 1,584 ✭✭✭
    Make Dan a little faster and for the love of all that is fucking holy can someone nerf Ryu and Ken's jumping roundhouse? I mean seriously, WTF man, W. T. F. I can not get over the priority, damage and hitbox of that idiotic move
    PSN: SaikyoForever

Test yourself against Saikyo!

·
  • ProjectjusticeProjectjustice Sonic Boom! Joined: Posts: 2,051 ✭✭✭
    Make Dan a little faster and for the love of all that is fucking holy can someone nerf Ryu and Ken's jumping roundhouse? I mean seriously, WTF man, W. T. F. I can not get over the priority, damage and hitbox of that idiotic move

Bison's C.HP eats it for breakfast.
    Supercade, XBL and GGPO tags: Projectjustice
    ·
    chun's sweep could always be done for an AA. In a lot of games actually

They could say that Sagat only put Dan's dad into coma and he comes back stronger than any shoto characters :/

He lives! In my avatar! HAHAHA

SAIKYO

·
    then they're still too late. in contrast to st there are no mysterious time/frame independent glitches. if it trades you did it too late and if you're on the other side and it allows your opponent to ultra your jumpin was no good.

Im sure I've seen Mago trade on DP. DPs are weaker than they should be. Compared to something like Sakura's cr hp.
    ·
    what makes you say that

the idea of every character having some silly corner hard knockdown 50/50 that has no bearing on which side the characters are actually on is stupid to me.

i dont mind the hard KD set ups or honest ambiguous cross ups, but seeing a characters entire model on one side and having to block him on the other dependant of what button he pushed or was he a frame or so off, destroys the fundamental concept of playing good defense

and every character that has an attack that crosses up has this type of thing. so it isnt like its the glue holding a certain characters offense together
    DPs

fei's dp wasnt nerfed in terms of hitbox. it always traded when done early since vanilla. it starts out with the hitting part of the attack sticking out more horizntally than vertical . by the time it gets above his head he is fully vulnerable

you stop this by doing it late or by spacing yourself so that the opponents jump ins can only hit you at waist level and not in the head.

other characters can stop trades by doing crouch dps. the idea being that your crouching vulnerable box is at a lower point than the first active frame of your DPs hitbox
    DWU fucked my bitch
    ·
    Any specific one in particular?
    Nah, all. The worst case being intentionally trading with your DP so you can combo into some retarded damage (helloes Viper),
    but just chars who don't have access to a DP losing entire matchups because their AAs trade with/lose against certain characters jumpins/divekicks/whatever is shitty design.
    Can't play footsies if your enemy can just jump around randomly.
    Why.
    ·
  • Swedish ChefSwedish Chef STEEL THY BUTT! Joined: Posts: 6,574 ✭✭✭✭✭

Oh man that ex command grab... It looked so damn badass... :(
    Also if Oni had all those moves then that old Oni is banned joke would turn legit. :eek:
    I'd like all lights to have infinite JP ('cept Gen crane c.LK of course) because resets. Resets everywhere.
    Super Street Fighter 4 Arcade Edition 3rd Strike?
    Not sure if want...
    TAKING YOU PUNKS DOWN!!!
    ^Bubbleberry_VII you are so godlike for making this.
    ·
  • metallicabandmetallicaband DP & A TELEPORT ?!! Joined: Posts: 2,300 ✭✭✭✭
    Oh look, people complaining about a perfectly balanced SF awaiting to ruin it with another patch, what a surprise.

Hope Capcom won't be stupid enough to actually listen to you this time around, but then Capcom can be retarded at times so it's still possible I guess.
    "Blanka is scrub." - Tokido
    ·
  • EternalEternal unpleasable perfectionist Joined: Posts: 9,660 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Well one thing I'd be interested in seeing done is fixing things that were simply oversights. (mostly just some moves have state flags for certain frames already set but that were left empty for some reason)

Cody's f-HK having the state flag check marked to "airborne" for the state check on 8F-25F just like in SFxT
    Cody's b-MP having the state flag check marked to "Counterhit" for the startup frames (he can't be counterhit during b-mp they set the frame data then forgot to set the actual character state during those frames)

Whatever that was supposed to be set for the active frame state of Viper close s.MK, Claw's PPP backflip has an empty state setting for 30-40F. I'm sure there are at least a handful of others.

Also it'd be nice if they buffed Cody's badstone from 50 to 60 dmg..... Seriously, in Alpha 3 badstone had the highest damage at 13 (more than even Ryu or Sagat, only a charged Sakura fireball was higher) and it had the most stun (almost twice as much stun as a Hadoken). Now it is the lowest damage grounded fireball in the game (tied with Juri who can store 3 fireballs and combo into and out of them) /saltyrant
    http://ink-gaming.com/ono/doku.php The new home of the Ono Tool official wiki.
    ·
  • Cee DizzyCee Dizzy The shit I don't like Joined: Posts: 3,407 ✭✭✭
    Was AE 2013 announced? If not, I honestly think it shouldn't be mentioned.
    https://www.facebook.com/FGCCoble <--- Friend me https://twitter.com/CeeDizzy313 <---- Follow UMVC3: Wolverine/Doom/Vergil, Team Nemo SF4: Fei Long, Rolento Injustice: Aquamane, TTT2: AK/Heihachi, Alex/Kuma
    ·
  • AuruAuru Joined: Posts: 55
    that AE2013 never happens and perhaps we get an AE2014 instead.. the game is at a point where so many characters can win, yeah sure some are a little ott still but you have to admit that a huge pile of the cast has the means to get shit done now :P
    PC player, Valuelessfall66
    ·
  • cerberusfxcerberusfx Timekeeper Joined: Posts: 2,059 ✭✭✭
    - To be added:
    Post hit after opponent is K.O
    Color Edit mode like cvs2
    Training Mode online
    Recording timing extended to x time
    Option to show hitboxes available
    Option to change announcer
    Improved A.I of CPUs on harder difficulties
    Boss Mode of Akuma / Gouken / Evil Ryu / Oni available for giggles + Boss Challenge mode (unavailable for online)
    New stages (car destroy and barrel stage + old stage back like ken's alpha 2 stage / rose's stage)
    Music from old games available NOT remastered
    And yes small rebalancing if necessary (on my part, bringing the zoning/footsie game and the rushdown/pressure game to near an equal level)
    Power is nothing without skill
    R.I.P Joshua Colon (sksksksksk222)
    **Oh god images in signatures--not approving at all >_>!**
    ·
  • BlueberryBlueberry Joined: Posts: 607 ✭✭
    Just want a rematch for online 2 people lobby
    ·
  • Killer_JigglypuffKiller_Jigglypuff Karakusa is cheap Joined: Posts: 6,843 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Make Makoto's cross up j.mk not suck complete ass. Only change I've wanted for a while now.
    Student of the Rindou-Kan
    ·
  • MafamaticksMafamaticks Where'd ya life go? Joined: Posts: 694 ✭✭
    Just do something about the unblockables. Character expression is suffering because of it.
    ·
  • KomatikKomatik Card demon Joined: Posts: 2,253 ✭✭✭✭
    Active frames for Akuma's buttons (and Oni's air ones too)
    KOF13: Iori/Karate/Kim/Benimaru | UNIEL: Gordeau | GG: Elphelt | CB: Vritra/Nagar/??? | 3S: Chun-Li | VSav: Zabel | SSBM: Fox
    ·
  • EmanuelbEmanuelb Joined: Posts: 2,887 ✭✭✭
    Yeah, poor akuma, he really needs some buffs.
    SSF4 AE v. 2012 - 2013 Tier List: http://img703.imageshack.us/img703/6905/a2oo.jpg

·
  • crackedversionnamecrackedversionname Joined: Posts: 21
    buff yang for godsake
    ·
  • Ryuken9Ryuken9 Joined: Posts: 504
    How about you take responsibilty for your lack of success as a player instead of blaming it on your character's suckiness.
    SSF4 AE : Seth/Ken/Sagat/Evil Ryu

PSN is full of pussies
    ·
  • SuperstarSuperstar Joined: Posts: 198
    Unblockables prolly can't be removed unless there's some massive overhaul.
    ·
  • farhanniusfarhannius Joined: Posts: 172
    Get rid of that crazy Blanka costume. And fire the guy that came up with that design.
    ·
  • littlescumbaglittlescumbag Joined: Posts: 298
    rlly? nerf ryu? even my mom knows the matchup! he sux!!! you loose to ryu,your damn fault!
    GFWL: LitlleScumbag :Main: Ryu... Subs: Oni ... Plays on the side : Cammy,Sagat,Evil Ryu,Fei Long,Bison,Guile,Akuma,Ken

XBL: LitlleScumbag :Main: Ryu... Subs: Oni ... Plays on the side : Cammy,Sagat,Evil Ryu,Fei Long,Bison,Guile,Akuma,Ken

PSN : LittleScumbag : stoped playing here

Steam : LittleScumbag : failing to improve at KOF here
    ·
  • littlescumbaglittlescumbag Joined: Posts: 298
    i wish better netcode and just buff the weak ones and leave the strong ones alone... thats it
    and give ryu back that corner escape tatsu that you assholes took away from him :p
    GFWL: LitlleScumbag :Main: Ryu... Subs: Oni ... Plays on the side : Cammy,Sagat,Evil Ryu,Fei Long,Bison,Guile,Akuma,Ken

XBL: LitlleScumbag :Main: Ryu... Subs: Oni ... Plays on the side : Cammy,Sagat,Evil Ryu,Fei Long,Bison,Guile,Akuma,Ken

PSN : LittleScumbag : stoped playing here

Steam : LittleScumbag : failing to improve at KOF here
    ·
  • pootnanniespootnannies hypocrite Joined: Posts: 2,524 ✭✭✭
    That there isnt a AE2013 patch.
    better they fuck with another sf4 game instead of bringing their bad ideas into sf5. they need to address some really stupid issues that have been there since vanilla if they plan on making a sf5 because that would be a major bummer.
    Oh look, people complaining about a perfectly balanced SF awaiting to ruin it with another patch, what a surprise.

Hope Capcom won't be stupid enough to actually listen to you this time around, but then Capcom can be retarded at times so it's still possible I guess.
    perfectly balanced? nope. and who really cares. the game is mad boring now especially since it's so hard-knockdown, ambiguous/unblockable jump-in heavy for 90% of the cast. there isn't much variety even with 39 characters and most match ups put me to sleep. it's so slow and mash friendly that it's more frustrating to play than to enjoy it. too bad it's basically the only sf game people are playing right now.
    visit the HD Sprite Thread- http://shoryuken.com/forum/index.php?threads/hi-def-sprite-thread-first-post-updated-1-9.32449/

“... keep an open mind, but not so open your brains fall out.”

xbl: pootnannies
    ggpo: whodat?
    ·
    Unblockables prolly can't be removed unless there's some massive overhaul.

they could go the cross tekken route where everything has a massive cross up box. instead of unblockables you get a bunch of 2 sided blockables where you block front side and they land behind and vice versa
    DWU fucked my bitch
    ·
  • EmanuelbEmanuelb Joined: Posts: 2,887 ✭✭✭
    better they fuck with another sf4 game instead of bringing their bad ideas into sf5. they need to address some really stupid issues that have been there since vanilla if they plan on making a sf5 because that would be a major bummer.

perfectly balanced? nope. and who really cares. the game is mad boring now especially since it's so hard-knockdown, ambiguous/unblockable jump-in heavy for 90% of the cast. there isn't much variety even with 39 characters and most match ups put me to sleep. it's so slow and mash friendly that it's more frustrating to play than to enjoy it. too bad it's basically the only sf game people are playing right now.

Typical 3S scrub rant.
    SSF4 AE v. 2012 - 2013 Tier List: http://img703.imageshack.us/img703/6905/a2oo.jpg

·
    they could go the cross tekken route where everything has a massive cross up box. instead of unblockables you get a bunch of 2 sided blockables where you block front side and they land behind and vice versa
    or just give invincibility frames at wakeup?
    ·
  • simon_simon_ Joined: Posts: 291
    rlly? nerf ryu? even my mom knows the matchup! he sux!!! you loose to ryu,your damn fault!

no need to act like ryu is easy to beat, he's possibly the best character in the game at low - medium level of play

only changes I'd want are post KO hits and rematch button for 1vs1 lobbies
    ·
    Typical 3S scrub rant.
    really? i thought "there should be parries and dashes should be faster" would warrant that but whatever.
    visit the HD Sprite Thread- http://shoryuken.com/forum/index.php?threads/hi-def-sprite-thread-first-post-updated-1-9.32449/

·
    no need to act like ryu is easy to beat, he's possibly the best character in the game at low - medium level of play
    lolwat
    Why.
    ·
  • KomatikKomatik Card demon Joined: Posts: 2,253 ✭✭✭✭
    Good? Sure. Best? Just no.
    ·
    or just give invincibility frames at wakeup?

lol. no i wouldnt want that. i like the idea of hard KDs being bad situations, however, i dont like the idea of hard KDs being unwinnable.

maybe i should practice my 1 frame blocking and plink focus on wake up
    DWU fucked my bitch
    ·
    lol. no i wouldnt want that. i like the idea of hard KDs being bad situations, however, i dont like the idea of hard KDs being unwinnable.

maybe i should practice my 1 frame blocking and plink focus on wake up
    Invincibility only on top body part, that would make them still vulnerable to meaties :) That would be a quite good interesting change that would scramble the tier list pretty badly and put back SF to its roots.
    ·
  • metallicabandmetallicaband DP & A TELEPORT ?!! Joined: Posts: 2,300 ✭✭✭✭
    Perfectly balanced as in the most balanced in SF history, almost any character has a chance to win in the right hands, it doesn't get any better than that.

The game still has a solid and large community after years since it was released, so obviously it's not nearly as boring to most people as it is to you.

IMO the corner mixups in general isn't a bad thing, I mean the stages aren't exactly small, so either hold your ground or get a severe disadvantage once cornered. I'm aware it's almost unavoidable to avoid the corners vs some characters like Fei, but in general one has to work hard to push a good player into the corners.
    "Blanka is scrub." - Tokido
    ·
    Perfectly balanced as in the most balanced in SF history, almost any character has a chance to win in the right hands, it doesn't get any better than that.

The game still has a solid and large community after years since it was released, so obviously it's not nearly as boring to most people as it is to you.

IMO the corner mixups in general isn't a bad thing, I mean the stages aren't exactly small, so either hold your ground or get a severe disadvantage once cornered. I'm aware it's almost unavoidable to avoid the corners vs some characters like Fei, but in general one has to work hard to push a good player into the corners.
    perfectly balanced doesn't mean shit to most of us and being the most balanced fighter in sf history doesn't equal perfect. ssf2t and 3s were far from perfect when it came to balance and yet they were a lot of fun. momentum wasn't constantly stop and go like sf4. if you like the pace sf4 offers then more power to you. i think this game can still be improved a lot and still feel like it's part of the sf4 series, but of course that's my opinion and my tastes are what i'm more concerned with.

·
    SF4 = MUCH better than SF3

·