The Marvel 3 Lab Thread: New Age of Ideas

JediLinkJediLink Has 100%'d Super Smash Bros MeleeJoined: Posts: 719
Some people were talking about this idea in the tier thread, so I decided to just do it. In this topic you post what you've been doing in the lab recently, what you've discovered, etc. I'll start: With Hawkeye, do his DP super at about sliding range from the enemy. Then, DHC to Vergil's Devil Trigger. Teleport behind so that the arrows hit, then do qcb.H > (air dash optional) > j.S > whatever. Practical? Applicable to a real match? Eh, maybe. Now go!

Credit to Kef for the idea and GREEK for the title.
UMvC3: Zero/Dante/Hiryu and Wright/Akuma/Hiryu
Melee and Project M: Marth

Comments

• AceKillahAceKillah Divine Blade Joined: Posts: 15,351 ✭✭✭✭
  • RokmodeRokmode preppy asked me to change my title rip meaty mud flap Joined: Posts: 7,367 ✭✭✭✭✭
    When someone is above you, you grab them. If they are below you, you footdive. Practical? Applicable to a real match? Maybe.
    THIS WEBSITE SUCKS GIANT HORSE @#$@#$@!@$
    Youtube(random doom TAC help, doom combos, ammy stuff, shuma combos and tech): http://www.youtube.com/user/Clickclakmoo?feature=mhee Danke on shuma gorath: "He who sleeps but shouldn't have costed me 5 dollars."
  • LegendaryDJLegendaryDJ I'm Done Joined: Posts: 2,769
    I agree with the concept and title of this thread.
  • JetpackJesus808JetpackJesus808 I wish Lee was in SFxT Joined: Posts: 847
    Instead of finding stylish and unusually timing-based Skrull combos, my lab time has been sucked up recently by learning how to play VJoe from square 2.

FYI, square 1 is learning to do (8 4PP 236L)xN
    UMvC3: Skrull/Joe/Akuma  TTT2: Purple/Pheonix  SFxT: Poison/Raven, learning Steve  AE2012: Rose, Sagat
    XBL: JetpackJesus808

• DreizeDreize How quaint... Joined: Posts: 1,268 ✭✭✭
    Figuring out how to re-create this glitch has been taking up my time lately.

• KefKef Joined: Posts: 3,101
    The guy who came up with the idea for this thread must be some kind of genius!

BTW, currently messing around finding a new team. I think I had some kind of vision. I had the though of what team I should play and I randomly saw this picture online:
    Spoiler:

Viper is super fun right now, but we'll see if she's fun enough yo play a Viper/Zero team.
    Persona 4:[/B][/I][/U] Main: Akihiko
    If you wanna play some MVC2/Persona/BBCP: PSN: I-Kef-I and KefPringlez

"Don't be nice, it's Marvel son, the origin of hatred. The game ain't about being nice. If you want to be nice play Tea Party Adventures. They go that shit on DS I heard." - Romneto

- Credit for image on avatar to Cindysuke on devianArt. http://cindysuke.deviantart.com/
  • charlie88charlie88 Devil Survivor is my $Hit....your friendly neighborhood NiGga Joined: Posts: 2,223 ✭✭✭✭
    Stalking Flare COMBO extensions with the entire cast.
    A wild typical Nigga appeared...... Greninja use Job Application, Committment and Read A Book...... Its super effective..... The Wild Nigga fleed..... Win Quote: I must use the tools the white man has given us to protect our world from coonery and bafoonery
  • SaitsuSaitsu Keys Anyone? Joined: Posts: 16,430 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Learning Maziodyne's new brainchild, Trish/Strange/Doom. Which means learning how to have a competent Strange. And I need to learn Doom in general as well.
    GT: TrinityRagnarok: The Miracle FINALLY Happened
    FC: 0490-4604-8179 UMvC3: Thor/Doom/Ammy
    SFxT: Cammy/Paul, Lars/Nina, Rolento/Lili
    Injustice: Nightwing
  • tabtab the impossible dream Joined: Posts: 1,424 ✭✭✭✭
    a meterless, xfless team touch of death setup using taskmaster that can only be escaped using xf->invin air super
  • sjohnst2sjohnst2 Joined: Posts: 1,279 ✭✭✭
    Have a mildly difficult setup for a magneto tempest into Zero DHC. Problem is I don't have marvel for a day or so. So if anyone wants a challenge find the best way to combo lightning loops as a follow up. Anything that connects into an air red buster does it.

Edit: all it is is a mag combo into hyper grav, then H+assist(ryuenjin) into H hypergrav, which catches them up high. Then down up qcb after the hit into tempest. lower is better.

I know forward H timed for 6 hits into up port buster works. But it is hard and impractical. I believe the following will work best . Launch j.H and more air stuff into a QCF H. Idea is to knockdown with the dive so you can let the shadow OTG while you jump buster and loop. mid air down H may just work with the shadow to link a dive move. Another possiblility is to use kara S into special move to get something . usually S Buster is the only practical move, but maybe you can kara dive.

This particular followup is to watch the hypergrav hit then immediate down up qcb tempest. An easier but more finicky for zero is to do the first hypergrav holding up forward while it hits then time a H while calling zero, Dash up a fraction then hypergrav L. Catches them after ryuenjin a little high in the air, but lets you tempest and barely catch them with Zero's launcher before they fall out.

If you are not a mags player and just want to setup the height just do H+assist(zero ryuenjin) fly S land jump H Hypergrav L. Will catch them after ryuenjin since hit stun scaling is low. the combo plus tempest should eat up enough scaling to make most zero followups fail.

If anyone does take time to look at this thanks! I will be able to test it out in a day or so anyway so don't feel bad if you skip this.
    Posted in the Zero boards as well but seems to fit the tone of this thread..
  • CougarCougar Logic, yo. Joined: Posts: 1,528
    I've been working on a lot of characters on my Vita. Most recently, I've been messing around with She-Hulk and Jill stance cancel combos, and just some assisted Nova combos in general.

I think She-Hulk has a lot of undiscovered potential. Just cancel everything into her stance, and then cancel the stance. Free cancels, yuy! Now mix with all her different moves. Torpedo hitconfirming into jump series combos? Sure. Clothesline cancel into slide feint into command grab? Sweet. A use for Street Light? HELL YES!

Same thing with Jill, you can cancel everything into everything pretty much. You can practically do Mad Beast combos outside of Mad Beast with all the stuff you can cancel into stance, and cancel right back out. Jill is a secret S-Tier, I tell you. But you know what? She deserves it. If anyone can play her to half of her potential, they deserve to win majors.

Also, found a potential guard break with Sentinel backed by Nova overhead assist. Basically in the corner after a kill, you call drones H, dash or wavedash while calling Nova, and cr.M. It's funny because they always said cr.M was unblockable online, but maybe now it's unblockable offline too?
    [ Magneto | Nova | Sentinel ]
    UMvC3: [Strange/Haggar/Arthur] Low tier heroes, represent!
    PSN: TheCougar44. Add me if you want to play some matches!
  • ZansamZansam Frank Time! Joined: Posts: 1,225 ✭✭✭
    I'm still finishing my Nova/Frank/RR tech to kill the point character and level up Frank at the same time. Did some field testing at a gathering today and the results were fantastic.
    The dream is dead.
  • NonSexualRiceNonSexualRice I will personally Castrate George R.R Martin Joined: Posts: 3,363 ✭✭✭✭
    Madbeast TAC shenanigans.

Mhmmm.
    Xbox 360 GT:Jsoledout1
    BB: Carl, Valkenhayn, Tsubaki
    SG: Ms.Fortune/Painwheel/Valentine
    Youtube.com/SexualRice---> Jill umvc3 nonsense.
  • [Chrono][Chrono] Jackpot! Joined: Posts: 410
    I am trying to find more ways to build spells with Dorm in different ways, like Hard Tag or TAC and after DHCing of Million Dollars>Stalking flare (it lets me charge 2 spells and use them, somewhat like Zack Bennett Firebrand into Dorm combos) also other characters who have good synergy with dorm and can also let him do this.

Also practicing Soul Drain combos with Morrigan and how much meter i can steal in one combo.
    UMVC3 Main Teams: Vergil-y/Dante-b/Hawkeye-a ll Task-a/Dante-a/Felicia-a ll Dorm-y/Dante-a/Sentinel-a ll Dante-a/Morrigan-y/Doom-b llll UMVC3 Secondary Teams: Chris-a/Dante-a/Phoenix-b ll Wesker-b/Dante-y/Haggar-a
  • Cee DizzyCee Dizzy The shit I don't like Joined: Posts: 3,392 ✭✭✭
    Super jump confirms with Captain America. Already did one with Nemesis and Taskmaster, just need to perfect Cap's (if people didn't find it already).

Also, trying to find a guaranteed unblockable set-up with Viper/Haggar. Trying to make sure people don't double jump or fly out.
    https://www.facebook.com/FGCCoble <--- Friend me https://twitter.com/CeeDizzy313 <---- Follow UMVC3: Wesker/Doom/Strider, Wesker/Vergil/Ironman SF4: Sakura, Honda, learning Abel and Rolento (future main) Injustice: Aquamane, TTT2: AK or Kazuya/Jun
    snip

Already answered this in the Zero forums. But yeah, you shouldn't be going into Tempest but going into Shockwave instead.

I thought C.Viper Rapid Seismos and Staircase loops were a lot harder.

"Don't be nice, it's Marvel son, the origin of hatred. The game ain't about being nice. If you want to be nice play Tea Party Adventures. They go that shit on DS I heard." - Romneto

- Credit for image on avatar to Cindysuke on devianArt. http://cindysuke.deviantart.com/
  • manji1manji1 bling blang blaow Joined: Posts: 122
    I'm still trying to get the corner flames of faltine loops to work for me. I know quite a few people on here have said they picked them up pretty easily but I just can't get them to work. I've put in at least 10hrs and I can barely get the first two reps. Does anyone have any tips on a good setup to practice them? I'm trying to figure out what the best ground combo is to start with to get the spacing correct. I'm still not sure whether it's my horizontal or vertical spacing that is incorrect. This has been driving me nuts. I usually don't have problems picking up a new combo if I just put some time into it, however, I just can't get this one to work.
  • DazedDazed ... Joined: Posts: 565 ✭✭
    Super jump confirms with Captain America. Already did one with Nemesis and Taskmaster, just need to perfect Cap's (if people didn't find it already).

iirc condor missile (or some1 else) already showed he could do air normal->jL-Shield Slash then another jShield Slash to bring them down. you found something different?
  • SaitsuSaitsu Keys Anyone? Joined: Posts: 16,430 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Mystic Sword L is your best friend. But if you want the perfect combo to start spacing...

c.L, c.L, IP xx Red Grace, Red Grace, FOF, IP xx Mystic Sword L, IP xx FoF, IP, S, [FoF loop]
    GT: TrinityRagnarok: The Miracle FINALLY Happened
    FC: 0490-4604-8179 UMvC3: Thor/Doom/Ammy
    SFxT: Cammy/Paul, Lars/Nina, Rolento/Lili
    Injustice: Nightwing
    I'm still trying to get the corner flames of faltine loops to work for me. I know quite a few people on here have said they picked them up pretty easily but I just can't get them to work. I've put in at least 10hrs and I can barely get the first two reps. Does anyone have any tips on a good setup to practice them? I'm trying to figure out what the best ground combo is to start with to get the spacing correct. I'm still not sure whether it's my horizontal or vertical spacing that is incorrect. This has been driving me nuts. I usually don't have problems picking up a new combo if I just put some time into it, however, I just can't get this one to work.

already seen this? it's horizontal spacing

• Dark SonicDark Sonic Joined: Posts: 1,052
    Vergil/Dante/Ironman round trip assist extensions with crystal, jam session, unibeam, and repulsar blast midscreen and corner.

Already got HSD independent extensions with crystal everywhere (duh) and jam session everywhere (kinda finiky in the corner). Jam session midscreen is cr.H+call dante->stinger->round trip->cr.H->judgement cut L->spiral swords. Corner is cr.H+call Dante->st.S->jc.round trip trip->cr.HS->jc judgement cut L->cr.H->stinger. You can do air round trip->st.SH judgement cut instead for a more consistent combo, but it's HSD dependent because of the SH (not that this will matter much)

Unibeam extension is HSD dependent, but actually very consistent everywhere. cr.H->call Iron man->st.S (delay) H->round trip->cr.H->judgement cut L->cr.H.

Moving on to repulsar blast today.
    "The only thing Dante needs is more Dante, and that is EXACTLY what DT gives him" - OgreCasteel
  • manji1manji1 bling blang blaow Joined: Posts: 122
    already seen this? it's horizontal spacing

Yea, I've definitely seen this. I was hoping someone had a shorter chain to start the loop to make practicing it go faster. I guess I just need to put in more work. Thanks for the responses.
  • Toki HakureiToki Hakurei Why don't you suck it right over here? Joined: Posts: 228
    If Dormammu decides to throw a raw stalking flare against Chris, Chris can quickly go prone, shoot under the stalking flare, and hit Dorm in the foot thus stopping the flare.

And apparently Chris' magnum beats all of these characters' normal projectiles:
    569.jpg
    GT: Toki Hakurei
    Team Everyman: Chris (Boulder Punch)/Frank (BLACK FRIDAY)/Spencer (Get Over Here [Slant])
    just for fun, I noticed mags comboing solo into tempest from a crappy corner mag blast bNb leads to double plasma storm (aka 1.1-ish mill for three bars off a tridash-L, one built). no grav loop needed
    Yea, I've definitely seen this. I was hoping someone had a shorter chain to start the loop to make practicing it go faster. I guess I just need to put in more work. Thanks for the responses.

well if it helps, I used to have a huge problem with corner FoF until someone showed me I was delaying IP->S. Apparently you're supposed to launch asap after IP so that they have some height
  • WorstPlayerWorstPlayer Calm Yourself Joined: Posts: 3,271 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Working on combo and shocking pink shennanigans with Strider/ViewtifulJoe/RR.
    Also trying to make a TOD with MODOK/RR/Strider but seems impossibruh
  • leafcolonelleafcolonel Apprentice of Magnetism Joined: Posts: 1,841 ✭✭✭
    Working on setups and incoming mixups + hitconfirms with my main team Magneto/Task/Dante. + Working on some silky smooth movement. Task why does your plink backdash OS shield Skills T_T.

Also considering picking up some scumbag Wesker/Dante/Magneto or Strider, or possibly Vergil/Dante/ Magneto or Strider. Confused on which assist to pick, Disruptor allows Vergil to get XFactorless confirms but Vajra is much derpier, Vajra is more fun with Wesker but Disruptor gives full screen gunshot confirms. Real talk too, Wesker is so much fun on point, such a mobile character and everyone loves some command grabs. Trying to pick up Joe/Trish/Sentinel for a troll team but Joe requires too much work for anything other than boxdash jS and boxdash Voomerang spam.
    UMVC3: Main Team: Magneto-a/Task-a/Dante-a, Task-a/Dante-a/Magneto-a
    Side Teams/Works in Progress: Hawkeye-a/Dante-a/Strider-y, V.Joe-a/Dante-a/Sent-a , Wesker-y/Dante-y/Magneto-a
  • SodaPOPSodaPOP "Stab The Pink" Joined: Posts: 1,216
    Been messing around with an anti-pushblock setup for Joe. If you throw an airdash Voomerang and they block with advancing gaurd, you can do a ground dash when you land and dash through the pushblock and go for a high/low. The farther away the longer you'll have to delay the ground dash, and if you're close enough it's pretty much a dash the instant you touch the ground. So far seems only reliable in the corner since midscreen the advancing gaurd will also push the opponent backwards.

Also been working on using the airdash M Voomerang setup Tofu Warrior talked about more. If you airdash at Instant Air Dash height and use a M Voomerang (the one that goes straight down), the Voomerang won't have time to actually come out and Joe will simply land. You can use this to fake out and go for a high/low mixup. Good to mix-up with regular IAD Voomerang pressure since your opponent will be expecting a Voomerang to come out.
    Stalking Flare COMBO extensions with the entire cast.

I am working in this too, i just messed with Morrigan, Vergil, Dante, Taskmaster, Hawkeye and Sentinel, is there one character can let dormammu charge 3 spells and use them after DHCing into Stalking Flare? (aside from Vergil)
    UMVC3 Main Teams: Vergil-y/Dante-b/Hawkeye-a ll Task-a/Dante-a/Felicia-a ll Dorm-y/Dante-a/Sentinel-a ll Dante-a/Morrigan-y/Doom-b llll UMVC3 Secondary Teams: Chris-a/Dante-a/Phoenix-b ll Wesker-b/Dante-y/Haggar-a
  • LegendaryDJLegendaryDJ I'm Done Joined: Posts: 2,769
    Thor to Dormammu is pretty nice. Mid screen, just finish a normal air combo with Tornado, DHC to Stalker flare, get 3 destruction charges, teleport up as the flare ends and knock 'em down with j :s:. Land, Big Bang, Dark Hole, Chaotic Flame. I always feel cool doing it in a match, but usually they die before I do the whole thing.
    Thor to Dormammu is pretty nice. Mid screen, just finish a normal air combo with Tornado, DHC to Stalker flare, get 3 destruction charges, teleport up as the flare ends and knock 'em down with j :s:. Land, Big Bang, Dark Hole, Chaotic Flame. I always feel cool doing it in a match, but usually they die before I do the whole thing.

Instead of doing 3D0C can 1D2C(meteors) be used? I used Thor for a bit but never though of using him with Dorm, gonna mess with him in the lab and see what i can find, thanks.
  • charlie88charlie88 Devil Survivor is my $Hit....your friendly neighborhood NiGga Joined: Posts: 2,223 ✭✭✭✭
    I am working in this too, i just messed with Morrigan, Vergil, Dante, Taskmaster, Hawkeye and Sentinel, is there one character can let dormammu charge 3 spells and use them after DHCing into Stalking Flare? (aside from Vergil)
    It can be done on 1 of 3 conditions so far that I have tested.
    1. is that you do a combo that puts them so far in the air and puts them in a slow free fall that when you dhc they land into it. Like up TAC into thor
    2. do it from mid screen
    3.after stalking flare call strider so when it finishes it otg's them and give you time to get that third spell.
    Instead of doing 3D0C can 1D2C(meteors) be used? I used Thor for a bit but never though of using him with Dorm, gonna mess with him in the lab and see what i can find, thanks.
    You can but because its so inconsistent you may want to stick with 3D. not to mention in the corner it builds more meter and damage.
    A wild typical Nigga appeared...... Greninja use Job Application, Committment and Read A Book...... Its super effective..... The Wild Nigga fleed..... Win Quote: I must use the tools the white man has given us to protect our world from coonery and bafoonery
  • NonSexualRiceNonSexualRice I will personally Castrate George R.R Martin Joined: Posts: 3,363 ✭✭✭✭

Local SRK member Serpentarus has a neat Thor/Dorm team with a myriad amount of tech, maybe try PMing him? I'm pretty sure he would be more then happy to help you.
  • LTPLTP Joined: Posts: 722 ✭✭✭
    I wish I could see a tenth of MODOK's potential shown in competitive play. But nobody plays a MODOK team.

Just some 300% stuff I've been grinding out that will never see the light of day (thanks Firebrand, Viper, Taskmaster). :(
    I wish I could see a tenth of MODOK's potential shown in competitive play. But nobody plays a MODOK team.

Just some 300% stuff I've been grinding out that will never see the light of day (thanks Firebrand, Viper, Taskmaster). :(

That's disgusting.

• MomochuuMomochuu Little ♥ Monster Joined: Posts: 14,283
    Coming up with ideal Dante TACs midscreen and corner, in DT and out of DT. Will upload soon.
    Dante Combo Thread | Youtube Channel | Dante Tech Thread | @HelloKarinachuu
    UMvC3: Morrigan (α)/Dante (α)/ Doctor Doom (β)| Persona 4 Arena: Mitsuru/Shadow Labrys
    XBL Gamertag: Hello Momomo

UNCLEAN
    UNCLEAN
    UNCLEAN.

Ugh, if only I had the patience to pick up the DOK. I love his playstyle and character though.
  • BakuhakubasugasuBakuhakubasugasu Eating dreams since '96. Joined: Posts: 3,327
    Good shit. I was just curious, but doesn't El Gato also use that setup but just with a different assist since of his team? I think I remember seeing him do it in some of his first to 5 or whatever matches.
    PSN: Bakuhakubasugasu
    I play all fighting games.
    Youtube<<Combos/Tutorials | TwitchTv<<Stream
  • ironboy89ironboy89 Beep Boop Beep Joined: Posts: 4,656 ✭✭✭
    Fuck Viper, Taskmaster, Firebrand. That setup is amazing because You don't need to snap people out. I'm sure there are skeptical people refuse to believe that Firebrand/Taskmaster %300 is 100% inescapable.

All you got to do is just test stuff like if the oppotent tries to advance guard your setups, and show proof that it's inescapable in multiple ways after this video.
    Good shit. I was just curious, but doesn't El Gato also use that setup but just with a different assist since of his team? I think I remember seeing him do it in some of his first to 5 or whatever matches.
    Yes, but I don't think he covers it with an assist, which works in most cases anyway. If the opponent doesn't know what to do against it, you don't need the assist call. The opponent can't escape the grab attempt, can't hard tag out thanks to cr.M, and can't call assists unless they want them dead too, thanks again to cr.M. Things like Vergil's j.L will hit Dok out of j.M, so assist calls break that escape and other mash attempts. Air XFactor can screw up the unblockable, but then I can use HPB (which ignores pushblock) with missiles to setup another unblockable, if the opponent blocks the free mixup I get from Dorm's assist.

It disappoints me that it that no tourney Doks use that air grab unblockable reset. It works, it isn't that difficult (you do need to put some lab time into it though), and it's been known for the past 8 months.
  • BakuhakubasugasuBakuhakubasugasu Eating dreams since '96. Joined: Posts: 3,327
    snip
    Yeah, its not like I don't know about the tech, I was just curious. An assist really does make it even harder to get out of. I rarely ever see anyone do the setup so when I saw that El Gato started to use it, it just made me a bit happy. Still don't know why people aren't using it like you said. It's great tech that was found out a bit ago.
    PSN: Bakuhakubasugasu
    I play all fighting games.
    Youtube<<Combos/Tutorials | TwitchTv<<Stream
    Fuck Viper, Taskmaster, Firebrand. That setup is amazing because You don't need to snap people out. I'm sure there are skeptical people refuse to believe that Firebrand/Taskmaster %300 is 100% inescapable.

All you got to do is just test stuff like if the oppotent tries to advance guard your setups, and show proof that it's inescapable in multiple ways after this video.
    Advancing guard on incoming is likely where people will find it easiest to break the setup, but it will still be pretty hard and I have a good OS in mind if they are REALLY mashing that pushblock. Basically, it's a slight variation of the air grab unblockable reset. You throw down cr.M, fly, float up a bit, adf, j.H (OS air grab), buffer j.M/st.M. If they are pushblocking to stay afloat, they will get the air grab unblockable reset. If they drop down, they get hit by the unblockable into st.M. Another idea (more practical IMO), which can be somewhat seen in the video, is if you delay the Dark Hole assist, you will catch the opponent mashing pushblock/air dash/buttons and they will have to block the first cr.M low. I just need to see how human players can pushblock the flare + dark hole to get some conclusive results though.
  • DevilJin 01DevilJin 01 Quantum Theorist. Liquid Dubstep Energy Joined: Posts: 33,079 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Advancing guard on incoming is likely where people will find it easiest to break the setup, but it will still be pretty hard and I have a good OS in mind if they are REALLY mashing that pushblock. Basically, it's a slight variation of the air grab unblockable reset. You throw down cr.M, fly, float up a bit, adf, j.H (OS air grab), buffer j.M/st.M. If they are pushblocking to stay afloat, they will get the air grab unblockable reset. If they drop down, they get hit by the unblockable into st.M. Another idea (more practical IMO), which can be somewhat seen in the video, is if you delay the Dark Hole assist, you will catch the opponent mashing pushblock/air dash/buttons and they will have to block the first cr.M low. I just need to see how human players can pushblock the flare + dark hole to get some conclusive results though.

Too much work ma friend. That's why nobody plays Firebrand and wins the match on the first touch. Just pick Dark Vergil and let him touch the floor. Much quicker, less thought etc.

I'll throw this on here. Some pressure stuff I'm working on with Dante and missiles.
    Ready for first KI at Evo 2k14 SRK'S DAY ONE XBOX ONE/KILLER INSTINCT OWNERS: DevilJin01(GLACIUS, FULGORE, SADIRA maybe Orchid), Purbeast, Koop, Rcaido, FlyingVe, Eiroheart, Onyx, Mayonaka, Lulipe, iluspook, Ultimaotaku, Rekano, Churrasco, DIEK STIEKEM ------- XBL: TheoryJin PSN: PervyJin01
    Too much work ma friend. That's why nobody plays Firebrand and wins the match on the first touch. Just pick Dark Vergil and let him touch the floor. Much quicker, less thought etc.
    And even Firebrand's flowchart and combos are far easier than Dok's. He only needs to know a few conversions and combos... my flowchart right now has 32 paths consisting of 12 unique combos. It's sounds like a lot of work, but since I've played Dok for a long time, I came up with it within 6 hours spread across a few days, so I'm sure I can optimize it further. I don't expect anyone else to try it in this game's lifetime, but I'm going to try and make it happen anyways.
  • ironboy89ironboy89 Beep Boop Beep Joined: Posts: 4,656 ✭✭✭
    Honestly if people don't use this tech, that's more of less a motivational to use the tech in offline scene to gain success.

It's not people were going to do log traps/Faltine loop unless a top player does it.
  • EvilDave219EvilDave219 Joined: Posts: 156 ✭✭✭
    I've been trying to make a Strange team work as a secondary team. Been playing around with Spencer/Vergil/Strange as well as Magneto/Vergil/Strange. I love the latter. Bolts help both Mags and Vergil immensely, you can play the team in nearly any order, hyper grav can help Vergil extend his combos into sword loops pretty easily, Mags can basically kill with a DHC into Vergil, or you could always TAC into Strange for FoF loops if you want to build more meter. Strange is still kind of ass as anchor, but he has a few pretty decent matchups and works as a good counter pick, and I think he can actually be really effective against MorriDoom (still gets completely blown up by anyone with a tracking teleport though).

Also, is it me or are most people doing round trip mixups completely wrong? IMO almost everyone is completely free to roundtrip -> call assist - > teleport -> dash under at the last second for a mixup (or if you have DT Vergil, you can often do a double crossup). No one can escape it if you throw the round trip meaty. Then once you establish with someone that mixup, you can go into all kinds of crazy mind games (don't cross up, cross up call assist double teleport, random rapid slash right below them, etc).
    XBL/PSN - EvilDave219
    3DS - 0946-2252-8269
  • maziodynemaziodyne I'll crush you in one strike! Joined: Posts: 7,563
    Like what Saitsu said, Trish/Strange/Doom stuff. This team is extra scummy. Ambiguous welcome mixups with Strange + Peekaboo assist for meter positive kills on Thor, for one. I need to record this ASAP. You pretty much need to optimize EVERYTHING you do in Strange's combos otherwise you're not gonna build up enough meter for the last super. Thankfully, my Strange execution is the best, so... >.>
    Retired Mahvel scrub.
    That MODOK tech.. it almost makes me want to use him, MODOK/Dormammu/Doom is pretty nasty for me now.

Local SRK member Serpentarus has a neat Thor/Dorm team with a myriad amount of tech, maybe try PMing him? I'm pretty sure he would be more then happy to help you.

Yeah i just watched a video of his team (Thor/Dorm/Doom) and it helped me with doing combos with Thor/Dorm, thanks for the info, i will PM him if i have any doubt.

It can be done on 1 of 3 conditions so far that I have tested.
    1. is that you do a combo that puts them so far in the air and puts them in a slow free fall that when you dhc they land into it. Like up TAC into thor
    2. do it from mid screen
    3.after stalking flare call strider so when it finishes it otg's them and give you time to get that third spell.

You can but because its so inconsistent you may want to stick with 3D. not to mention in the corner it builds more meter and damage.

Never thought of using vajra with dorm, i will give it a try.
  • leafcolonelleafcolonel Apprentice of Magnetism Joined: Posts: 1,841 ✭✭✭
    It seems to me you can block the assists after the air tech, pushblock, and then double jump or air dash out of the Modok unblockable setup, will they even have to block Dark Hole if they forward tech? If they tech the throw it seems they have the option of doing air supers or double jumping out if there is no assist. But yeah, good stuff on that scummy unblockable tech. Someone needs to do the same with RR or Dormammu.

Who said you need to snap people out to kill them with Task/Viper? Your unblockable is one of many mixups you have on incoming, and you might as well spend XFactor to get the kill(this is what I do the majority of the time). The tenderizer unblockable is guranteed for the 3 characters if the tenderizer is timed right, the only escape is Phoenix Rage/Hard Drive/Darkness Illusion.
    UMVC3: Main Team: Magneto-a/Task-a/Dante-a, Task-a/Dante-a/Magneto-a
    Side Teams/Works in Progress: Hawkeye-a/Dante-a/Strider-y, V.Joe-a/Dante-a/Sent-a , Wesker-y/Dante-y/Magneto-a
  • JediLinkJediLink Has 100%'d Super Smash Bros Melee Joined: Posts: 719
    Maybe it should be a fundamental rule of fighting games from now on that you can't be hit by unblockables on incoming, in the same way that you can't just get command grabbed.
    UMvC3: Zero/Dante/Hiryu and Wright/Akuma/Hiryu
    Melee and Project M: Marth
  • maziodynemaziodyne I'll crush you in one strike! Joined: Posts: 7,563
    What I wanna know is: who the hell is the genius who decided that putting unblockables in this game was a good idea?
    Retired Mahvel scrub.