Game made for arcade stick!

BuLLeTedFuRyBuLLeTedFuRy Joined: Posts: 14
is there such a thing, Were you have to time and match the inputs? For example a games like guitar hero, DDR, gitaroo man but for arcade stick?
·

Comments

• KawwKaww ゴ ゴ ゴ ゴ ゴ ゴ ゴ ゴ Joined: Posts: 508 ✭✭
    I'm going to go out on a limb but... arcade games like Metal Slug? Bullet hell games in general perhaps?

Those aside...

Try playing Castlevania: symphony of the night on a arcade stick. Oddly enough it works well for me.
    ·
  • eltroubleeltrouble Joined: Posts: 5,579 ✭✭✭✭
    Why yes! There are such things as games made for an arcade stick!...
    They're called Arcade games. Specifically, look for the ones that have an arcade stick and/or buttons to go with it.
    ·
  • kikimaru024kikimaru024 Mid-tier scrub Joined: Posts: 1,624 ✭✭✭
    Anything that has requirements of "dpad + less than 6 buttons."
    Seimitsu & K-sticks > Sanwa JLF.
    This truth is not universally acknowledged.
    ·
  • ZombieCyborgZombieCyborg Joined: Posts: 7
    From your initial post it sounds like you're hunting for rhythm games?
    Most of those have custom controllers made for them, but do have the ability to accept a normal controller too..

On an unrelated note, Double Dragon Neon would probably be way awesome with an AS...
    ·
    Come to think of it, it'd be pretty sweet if there was like a DDR version of a game that involved left-hand inputs and 6 buttons.
    ·
    Come to think of it, it'd be pretty sweet if there was like a DDR version of a game that involved left-hand inputs and 6 buttons.

like playing this on a Hitbox?

Top 3 keys *black keys* on the left, right, down keys

bottom 4 keys *white keys* on the right hand inputs.

Optional turntable input on the "jump" button.

Now I'd be interested if someone can figure out how to make an arcade stick work for this game, which I highly doubt lol;

·
    Yeah, except not on a hitbox, because that's essentially the same thing as playing on any Beatmania controller. Joystick and buttons. 8 directional inputs + 6 buttons? Imagine the possibilities.
    ·
    I'd be worried about situations where a game wants you to hit two directional inputs at the same time. Hard to think of a rhythm game to make use of that idea.
    ·
    I'd be worried about situations where a game wants you to hit two directional inputs at the same time. Hard to think of a rhythm game to make use of that idea.

So then you just don't design a game that'll force you to do more than one input....
    ·
    So then you just don't design a game that'll force you to do more than one input....

Oh, guess we're not talking about rhythm games that are currently released.

Though I can sorta imagine that Sound Voltex game making use of the stick *or sticks rather*. Dunno if there's a way to accommodate that without heavy modding.
    ·
  • MetallixMetallix Lilly, Not Changed a Bit Joined: Posts: 125
    I actually had an idea for a rhythm game a lot like what's being described here. Great minds think alike...
    PSN ID: XaltMile
    Waiting for Xrd
    ·
  • ahdonyeahdonye Joined: Posts: 165
    I swear tekken 6 was made to play on the Udraw, 4 buttons bitches, thats all you get.
    ·
  • bkfst_sausagebkfst_sausage ST / SRK2k3 OG Joined: Posts: 2,802
    Amplitude / Frequency on PS2 can be done with a stick and done well I might add.

and then there's this:
    PSN: M1X4H < click it!
    ·