The Walking Dead TV Show Thread that doesn't include anything on paper

Comments

• VASagaVASaga Not Yet Strange! Let Them Wait Joined: Posts: 1,575
    all of season 8 is expected to be all out war parts 1 and part 2. I'm expecting it to be the pinnacle
    "I must have ascended to a higher plane of thinking than most because I play Dr Strange"
  • King9999King9999 Joined: Posts: 10,757 ✭✭✭✭✭ OG
    They need a bigger CGI budget. That deer was not convincing at all. :lol:

I haven't read the comics, are they finished? Or are we in a situation where the show is moving too fast for the comics to keep up?
    Switch Friend Code: SW-2722-8799-3295
    PSN/Steam ID/NNID: mmking9999
    Tile Crusher now available on Android & Itch.io!
    "On my business card, I am a corporate president. In my mind, I am a game developer. But in my heart, I am a gamer." -Satoru Iwata, 1959-2015
  • Raz0rRaz0r Did you really just write that? Joined: Posts: 23,173 ✭✭✭✭✭ OG
    The show was moving too fast seasons ago. Shit, the slowdown even happened as far back as season 2 with the prolonged time on the farm just to get Shane's death at the end of the season. In the comics that shit happened in issue 6 or so.

The comics have been out of gas since Negan's arc. For sure, the Saviors are the best part of the comic, even more than the Governor and the prison war. However, since then it's been sorta blah. The comic has boiled down to tribes fighting other tribes for super petty reasons. I still read because I'm invested but sometimes it's just not worth it. There's only so far that they can go without actually addressing any new government taking over and/or actively trying to cure the infection.

Another war in the comics already ended with another one simmering from within (that's prob gonna be the next arc) and one of the characters already reached out to an as of yet unnamed group and they themselves will probably bring war against Alexandria.

I guess this short could have just been answered with one sentence: TWD comics is just a comic about wars between tribes and they have been using that theme since the Governor's arc.
    This is offensive.
    i feel like the video game walking dead is about to cross over with the comics and thats how the show will end introducing clementine
    "I must have ascended to a higher plane of thinking than most because I play Dr Strange"
  • ZatalconZatalcon Most hated man on SRK Joined: Posts: 1,660 ✭✭✭✭✭ OG
    edited March 6
    I don't like the whole Ric/Michonne love shit. The latest episode gave me too many cringes that it was almost gross to watch. Good episode but their whole drama thing was annoying for me. I already had enough with Glenn and Maggie, i do not want a new annoyance. They are not as annoying as Morgan's retarded ass though, that guy deserves to experience a kneel while watching some good guy get luciled.

I'm very curious about the new star trek looking group that Ric managed to align with, what is their story in the comics?
  • Raz0rRaz0r Did you really just write that? Joined: Posts: 23,173 ✭✭✭✭✭ OG
    They don't exist in the comics, much like your intelligence in real life.
    This is offensive.
    Raz0r wrote: »
    They don't exist in the comics, much like your intelligence in real life.

I think you are an ugly guy who has a lot of pimples in his face and is really dumb at the same time.
  • Shaft AgentShaft Agent https://discord.gg/F4ZmxDu Joined: Posts: 8,916 ✭✭✭✭✭ OG
    edited March 8
    Zatalcon wrote: »
    I don't like the whole Ric/Michonne love-

racist :cool:
    Forget trying to pass for normal. Follow your geekdom. Embrace nerditude. In the immortal words of Lafcadio Hearn, a geek of incredible obscurity whose work is still in print after a hundred years, “Woo the muse of the odd.” You may be a geek. You may have geek written all over you. You should aim to be one geek they’ll never forget. Don’t aim to be civilized. Don’t hope that straight people will keep you on as some sort of pet. To hell with them. You should fully realize what society has made of you and take a terrible revenge. Get weird. Get way weird. Get dangerously weird. Get sophisticatedly, thoroughly weird, and don’t do it halfway. Put every ounce of horsepower you have behind it. Don’t become a well-rounded person. Well-rounded people are smooth and dull. Become a thoroughly spiky person. Grow spikes from every angle. Stick in their throats like a pufferfish. -Bruce Sterling
    ric could of hooked up with a white girl and if they still did all that drama, it would get the same dislike from me. It is annoying to watch.
  • SaitsuSaitsu Tranquilo...ASSENAYO! Joined: Posts: 32,289
    He did have white girls. His relationships with them were worse. :coffee:
    PSN: Saitsuofleaves SF5 Tag: Saitsu  Baby Steps to Giant Strides
    FC: 0490-4604-8179 
    Street Fighter 5: Vega
  • Spirit JuiceSpirit Juice 「HATES EVERYTHING」 Joined: Posts: 14,489 ✭✭✭✭✭ OG
    edited March 8
    Lucky for Rick that Michonne isn't a black guy or she would be dead.
  • The Furious OneThe Furious One Fluent in 3 languages Engrish, Sarcasm & Profanity Joined: Posts: 20,433
  • DramatixDramatix Could be better. Joined: Posts: 4,410
    Saitsu wrote: »
    He did have white girls. His relationships with them were worse. :coffee:

I can't really say much about Lori, but Jesse had him tripping before Michonne brought his ass back to reality. Goes to show a sista can hold you down unlike Becky.
    "Everyone in here has had someone who tried to convince them that they were sexually harassed, and you did not believe them because they were not cute."
  • RodimusRodimus End Game NOCTIS! Joined: Posts: 3,268 ✭✭✭✭✭ OG
    edited March 13
    We live!!!

Dat cycle of life Morgan teaching peeps the way of the Bo staff
    Sorry young solid snake Carol aka The boss don't have time to teach you cqc fam
  • dreandrean Joined: Posts: 866
    edited March 13
    GGs, kid.
    Prolly that kid
    I'm so tired of this Negan plot-armored storyline as well as these Kingdom-Savior trades where nothing progresses.
    "Everyone in here has had someone who tried to convince them that they were sexually harassed, and you did not believe them because they were not cute."
    Lol fam they gotta hit home how hopeless stuff is with Negan in charge
    Double post is my boy Morgan the clear making a return @ wrestle mania lol????
  • CDB2CDB2 Joined: Posts: 2,258
    Dramatix wrote: »
    I'm so tired of this Negan plot-armored storyline as well as these Kingdom-Savior trades where nothing progresses.

Yeah...I think that got tooken care of tonight!!
    Morgan is going to kill that dude!
    SFV: Laura & Akuma...TEAM "DAT AZZ" & MURDER-FACE
  • Phantom AngelPhantom Angel The Divine One™ Joined: Posts: 26,697
    edited March 13
    Is this episode worth the rerun? Just pulled up.

Edit: Def gotta catch the rerun. Holy shit.
    "Old enough to know better, Young enough to not give a fuck"

R.I.P. YusukeUrameshi aka Yusuke_The_Detective
  • FatalSeabassFatalSeabass Seabass is lethal! Joined: Posts: 960
    Only reason why it might be worth a watch is just for Morgan's character focus and him doing a superb job as always at showing emotion. After that though? Garbage.
    Oh shi...Solid Carol is back and Morgan's embraced the Satsui No fks given Hado!!
    Lowkey I really sense both Sasha is going to die due to Rosita "I'm ready to try Negan even after failing to cap his ass" Espinosa's mentality.

But that's the nature of the show and I just have to roll with that.
  • Rioting SoulRioting Soul Joined: Posts: 4,773 ✭✭✭✭✭ OG
    glad crazy morgan is back.

Until he goes back to killing everything that moves.
  • SaitsuSaitsu Tranquilo...ASSENAYO! Joined: Posts: 32,289

That's what everyone wants anyway. :coffee:
    PSN: Saitsuofleaves SF5 Tag: Saitsu  Baby Steps to Giant Strides
    FC: 0490-4604-8179 
    Street Fighter 5: Vega
  • po pimpuspo pimpus Let's Hit the Climax! Joined: Posts: 22,021
    Sasha probably gone anyway, since Sonequa Martin-Green is starring in that new Star Trek series.
    "Capcom should listen to their fans... Mega Man is a cool character." -2048 President Elect Kevin at Age 10
    I think I'm tired of dinale deaths or premeire deaths... Give me more random episode deaths for main characters.

I didnt expect Morgan to go beast mode on Richard LOL That was unexpected as hell.
    edited March 13
    Great episode. I have to admit that i was about to post here saying "Morgan is my most hated character in all of tv" after he killed richard. While it was douche move on Richard's part, i understood he needed to take drastic measures in order to make the right thing happen. I was literally cringing as to how Morgan beat his ass and bitched down to the saviors and about to post on how Morgan is the biggest dumb ass on tv.

But at the end, when he went: "i'm going to kill them all...", my hatred rose to fanboyism and I began to understand better as to why he was doing this Nigga Himura shit. It's just like that Rurouni Kenshin episode where Kenshin fights Saito at the dojo, refusing to kill, but then reverts to Batousai and no words at all could snap him out of blood thirst. Kenshin didn't want to revert to Batousai because of that fear that his addiction to killing may return. Likewise with Morgan, he didn't want to revert to Batonigga because he would become a lose canon again. I fully feel him now.

Morgan rose from the most cringy black man i've ever seen on tv to potentially the coolest and most well-written one. Awesome episode and character build by far.
    Dramatix wrote: »

Nah man. They needed to do this just to show how dramatic other camps are getting. This is so we fully understand the various perspectives and grow more anticipation for the fictional justice. This was a great way to show Morgan's reasoning on finally dropping the no-kill when the time is actually needed.
  • Rioting SoulRioting Soul Joined: Posts: 4,773 ✭✭✭✭✭ OG
    Saitsu wrote: »

That's what everyone wants anyway. :coffee:

Anything that moves includes Alexandrians, Hilltoppers and Kingdomites. Full Rage Morgan was an indiscriminate killer. When he runs out of true enemies, he'll create more to survive.
    Great episode. I have to admit that i was about to post here saying "Morgan is my most hated character in all of tv" after he killed richard. While it was douche move on Richard's part, i understood he needed to take drastic measures in order to make the right thing happen. I was literally cringing as to how Morgan beat his ass and bitched down to the saviors and about to post on how Morgan is the biggest dumb ass on tv.

But at the end, when he went: "i'm going to kill them all...", my hatred rose to fanboyism and I began to understand better as to why he was doing this Nigga Himura shit. It's just like that Rurouni Kenshin episode where Kenshin fights Saito at the dojo, refusing to kill, but then reverts to Batousai and no words at all could snap him out of blood thirst. Kenshin didn't want to revert to Batousai because of that fear that his addiction to killing may return. Likewise with Morgan, he didn't want to revert to Batonigga because he would become a lose canon again. I fully feel him now.

Morgan rose from the most cringy black man i've ever seen on tv to potentially the coolest and most well-written one. Awesome episode and character build by far.

I knew from the jump he was bullshitting them. You didn't catch on after he gave them the exact speech Richard suggested? Morgan knows what he's doing. Richard was an idiot who would've gotten everyone killed.

I knew from the jump he was bullshitting them. You didn't catch on after he gave them the exact speech Richard suggested? Morgan knows what he's doing. Richard was an idiot who would've gotten everyone killed.

No shit he was an idiot. However it was understandable why the hell he was being that reckless. The fact of the matter is, even if Richard didn't do that douche bag move, it is just a matter of time for something like that to happen. 11/12 fucking fruits man..

I did catch on to the whole thing Morgan was saying i just had some doubts during that time based off some of the past episodes. At this moment, i still have a feeling that Morgan may drop his vengeance mode and revert to Nigga Himura when the shit is hitting the fan.
  • King9999King9999 Joined: Posts: 10,757 ✭✭✭✭✭ OG
    Good to see Morgan is back. Now he just needs that cool mask from before.
    Switch Friend Code: SW-2722-8799-3295
    PSN/Steam ID/NNID: mmking9999
    Tile Crusher now available on Android & Itch.io!
    "On my business card, I am a corporate president. In my mind, I am a game developer. But in my heart, I am a gamer." -Satoru Iwata, 1959-2015
  • Spirit JuiceSpirit Juice 「HATES EVERYTHING」 Joined: Posts: 14,489 ✭✭✭✭✭ OG
    We all know the mission to assassinate Negan is going to fail. Plot armor too strong right now. Rosita, Sasha, or both are probably going to get killed over this plan.
  • Shaft AgentShaft Agent https://discord.gg/F4ZmxDu Joined: Posts: 8,916 ✭✭✭✭✭ OG
    also Rosita's calves suck. she has to go back.

M.A.G.A.
    Forget trying to pass for normal. Follow your geekdom. Embrace nerditude. In the immortal words of Lafcadio Hearn, a geek of incredible obscurity whose work is still in print after a hundred years, “Woo the muse of the odd.” You may be a geek. You may have geek written all over you. You should aim to be one geek they’ll never forget. Don’t aim to be civilized. Don’t hope that straight people will keep you on as some sort of pet. To hell with them. You should fully realize what society has made of you and take a terrible revenge. Get weird. Get way weird. Get dangerously weird. Get sophisticatedly, thoroughly weird, and don’t do it halfway. Put every ounce of horsepower you have behind it. Don’t become a well-rounded person. Well-rounded people are smooth and dull. Become a thoroughly spiky person. Grow spikes from every angle. Stick in their throats like a pufferfish. -Bruce Sterling
    This bitch fight is annoying

• MillionMillion King of Creeps Joined: Posts: 9,824 ✭✭✭✭✭ OG
    that young broad has some serious curves going on...please Carl hit it hard for us
    HAAAAHHAHAHAAHAHAAA

If I were Sasha, I would've flipped Rosita the bird and bounced, but if someone has to die this episode, please let be Gregory.
    She ded

edited March 20
    Yeah....she ded!!!
    ...hopefully!

If not, I just hope she doesn't end up getting the Michone x Governor treatment!!