Dante: The Demon Hunter Thread

Comments

• no_passwordno_password ... Joined: Posts: 13
    Here's some more practical stuff.

Basically Dante's aerial arbiter hurl (air down circle) is his only projectile that causes hit stun and people don't (ab)use it as much as they should online. If you zip around close to the ground with forward triangle and angel steps, you can toss these out mid-range and still get a followup that nets anywhere from 60-160 AP.

Also, for long range followups the scythe twirl is probably the best to use since it has a larger hitbox. Even if you dash up too late and the opponent recovers, the scythe has a good chance of catching the opponent if they don't air dodge immediately out of the flip.

• ConspiracyConspiracy Joined: Posts: 21
    New to the game and even though he normally wouldn't fit my play style I gravitated to Dante. After reading some threads/looking at some videos I have a few questions.

Do you all use the analog stick or the dpad to play?
    Dante's grounded D3 seems to work exactly like his j.d3, yet in all the combo videos you all use j.d3. What is the difference?

I am hoping to get involved in the online community. I've been playing my bros copy of the game and used the online pass on his system. Does anyone know if you can have two online passes active on the same disc so you can go back and forth between systems?
    Trying to get my brother in the fraggednation tourny...if anyone wants some 1v1 practice against Nathan Drake add him: Bdub_88
    My psn is: Conspiracy
    I'll be back on after this weekend.
  • ProjectSeoulProjectSeoul お前はもう死んでいる Joined: Posts: 94
    Nice practical stuff nopassword. I'll add to the videos section. Its great cause Arbiter is his only projectile so I'm sure people will find this useful! I know I will!
    Was watching another video of Protronic playing Dante. It looked like he was able to string combos without doing EBC but instead using u2, n3 then 111. He was even able to combo into it. Has anyone else tried this?
    Hey, I have seen that before I think its known as the "Parry Cancel". I think in a laggy match that would be more consistent perhaps but in a ideal situation I think it would be best to stick with the Empty Cancel to maximize AP gain. Although maybe the Air Parry could be useful in FFA situations where other opponents have an opportunity to try and interrupt your combo. Why not give it a try and let us know how it goes? I'll give it a go if I have some time.
    I am so frustrated with learning EBC. I know I am overthinking it but it seems I am only getting it right about 10% of the time. I am somehow finishing with helm splitter about a third of the time. I am trying to do b.u2, f3, 1. The input looks ok but I am either missing the u2 or finishing with dash 1. Like I said the input looks good but doesnt match what it should be doing. Is it possible I am entering the input too fast?

I found it easier with the analog stick, do you all use the dpad?
  • DuaieDuaie Joined: Posts: 346
    Hi guys, new to the thread, awesome stuff so far.
    I just wanted to contribute by answering to the people who say that Dante is unsafe, since he definitely has ways to stay safe and still deal big damage, but I didn't find anyone mentioning it so...

What I usually do is hit-confirming with f.1 (only first hit), which is completely safe on block AND on roll, has great range and gives some sort of crumple which means you can combo afterwards on hit. It's also great for punishing rolls. I think it's his best move by far.
    I never really use neutral 1 since it's unsafe, except for punishing opponent's unsafe moves.

And yeah, j.d3 is also a great move. Its angle of attack makes it annoying as hell since it completely destroys projectiles spammers, builds a good amount of meter, it's completely safe and most importantly you can combo afterwards.

Dante's problems are opponents who are constantly in the air, since that alone makes it virtually impossible to combo into super. That's why his helm breaker is so vital in his gameplan: you bring them down, and then you mix them up trying to predict a roll and punish accordingly. I also use j. u3 to build meter against these opponents.
    Circle jerking at its finest
    I'm not sure I understand your post. What is neutral? Doing this will make Dante face forward even after your last directional input was back?

Hey dude and welcome to the Dante discussion! Glad you enjoyed the thread. I use my arcade stick in practice mode sometimes but I have issues w/ my L2/R2 buttons like many others.

When I first started empty cancelling I was doing this on my pad: u.b.2, j.d.f.3, 1 or 3. I did this because it would face me forward again so I don't have to hit forward upon ending the Angel Dash. Now I'm doing u.2,neutral, b.3, 1 or 3. If you do the second 1/3 fast enough you will face the same side you were initially facing which makes it easier to follow up.
    Welcome to the discussion, Duaie! You have a pretty good point w/ F+1 and its a great combo starter for sure. Also no_password has a pretty slick video of using Tremor to try and keep safe when using Neutral 1 combos for the rare times you go for it. It's been quite useful, props again to no_password for that.

Conspiracy: Oh excuse the neutral part was for arcade stick inputs. Neutral is letting your stick go back to the center.
  • ShottanuhmisShottanuhmis Joined: Posts: 337
    Lets talk about execution and practice advice. Of empty cancel into level 1 super of dante. I play on stick and I've been doing the ubT dfCC method often what happens is I do a fireball very low to the ground. I've done u/bT, bC d/f+C I can't get the timing sometimes it feels super fast to the point I feel like I'm mashing other times quick. Sometimes I'm doing it so fast the up does not even register -__- the only issue I have with upT bC,C is I feel like I'm not turning around fast enough can anyone explain the square method again ? Is there a N while doing it on a stick ? Also while doing bCC is or the dfOO method are you guys holding d/f? Taping it ?
    Lets talk about execution and practice advice. Of empty cancel into level 1 super of dante. I play on stick and I've been doing the ubT dfCC method often what happens is I do a fireball very low to the ground. I've done u/bT, bC d/f+C I can't get the timing sometimes it feels super fast to the point I feel like I'm mashing other times quick. Sometimes I'm doing it so fast the up does not even register -__- the only issue I have with upT bC,C is I feel like I'm not turning around fast enough can anyone explain the square method again ? Is there a N while doing it on a stick ? Also while doing bCC is or the dfOO method are you guys holding d/f? Taping it ?

Can't say because Im not on a stick but if you hold d/f you will end up doing a arbiter hurl or a s3, neither is your intended ending.

I practiced again for about 30 minutes last night and still can't get this down. I am much better when facing right and can do it about half the time but I still end up facing the wrong direction. After too long I get frustrated and end up wanting to break the controller. I am thinking of switching to a less combo reliant character which a easy combo into level 1 but want to give it a few more days.
    If its not too much to ask can someone please make a video of their thumb when doing the EBC. Thats how I learned to DACUS in smash bros...this is giving me a harder time than that.
    Honestly for me on stick the U+2, j.B.3, 3 is best. The movement itself is efficient you just need to be a bit precise.

I was thinking of another option you could do for Aerial Arbiter problems is. U+B+2, j.F+Circle, Circle. This would give you less chance of hitting Aerial Arbiter. It may feel a littler weirder though. Using Square is useful if you are too high and trigger animations like Aerial Arbiter or a Parry. Sorry i'm busy and can't type a lot lets revisit this if you have more issues.

From my experience, whenever I get the fireball close to the ground it's always because I do it too early (NOT too fast, just too early). I don't think it's a matter of inputs, since I also use ubT dfCC. My consistency with empty cancels is around 90%, it's just a matter of understanding the timing.

Try to delay the EC inputs a bit, it worked for me.
    Trying to slow down on the inputs but then find myself thinking about it too much. I'll give it some more time tonight. If not...I'll just go back to my no tech very basic game and try to perfect that. I am still missing easy combos.
    Yeah it definitely comes with practice, good luck!
    Yeah it definitely comes with practice, good luck!
    Wow! I can't even start to explain how much I was overthinking it. For anyone that might be having issues a good tip is to input your up direction when the third swing animation is still going, then input 2, b3, 3. Using 1,1,1(u during animation), 2, b3, 3. I am about 90% good. I still having some issues with facing the wrong direction, ub2 is giving me issues.

Thanks for the help.
  • ShottanuhmisShottanuhmis Joined: Posts: 337
    Okay here is the thing about ubT dfCC I think I'm pressing CC so fast the df input is registering twice. I'll try it slower

Update here is the crazy thing I can definetky do the empty cancel by itself. I can't do it when I throw 3 boxes in front of it. 0_0
    Warning: wall of text incoming.
    Was watching another video of Protronic playing Dante. It looked like he was able to string combos without doing EBC but instead using u2, n3 then 111. He was even able to combo into it. Has anyone else tried this?

As ProjectSeoul said, it's called a parry cancel. I demonstrate it here in my first combo after the initial square chain.

I've mentioned it before on other fourms but i'll say it here too. Don't bother with parry cancels. If you can perform empty cancels, don't use parry cancels. If you can't do empty cancels, skip over parry cancels and practice until you can do empty cancels.

Here are some things that empty cancels allow you to do:
    1) Create longer combos by cancelling attacks with long recovery.
    2) Add gunshots to chains to increase AP gain.
    3) Cancel moves on hit to stay safe (if other opponents are approaching).
    4) Combo into super.

Parry cancels can do 1) and 3) but most people would say that 2) and 4) are the most important factors of empty cancels. Even though its capable of the first and third, its to a lesser degree compared to empty cancels.

Regarding Point 1)
    While parry cancels can extend your combos, it can only do so off the third hit of the square chain. All of his other moves do not provide enough hit stun to allow the parry cancel to recover to continue the combo. Empty cancels can combo from neutral square and forward square chains where parry cancels cannot. Using this to extend your combos is impractical too. Most square chains end after the third rep since it gives you better choices to end your combo. In this case, you would probably do [square, square, square, parry cancel] x2, square, square, square, up square (follow), square, square, square. This is essentially the basic square chain to launch to mash square aerial ender with two extra reps in between which would net 150 AP. Technically you could do [square, square, square, triangle (full hits), forward circle, up square (follow), square, square, up square, triangle (full hits), forward circle, square] for 150 AP. While they both net the same, the second one is much shorter and it launches you into the air much earlier keeping you safer than the long grounded chain.

Regarding Point 3)
    Being a cancel that utilizes his parry move, it does keep Dante relatively safe from other opponents who rush up to attack you mid-combo. The problem here is that once you perform the parry cancel, you're locked into the parry animation. If an approaching opponent decides to punish you with super, there's nothing you can do about it. Even if the approaching opponent does attack you and you parry it, best case scenario is that you knock them away, land and drop your combo on the first opponent resetting the situation.

If you do use gunshots after a square chain, it gives you more options compared to parry cancels. It also gives you time to look around to see if you should continue your combo or back off. Take the same scenario as above but you empty cancel instead. You now have the ability to dodge roll if you choose and possibly get the chance to punish the second opponent who tried to super you. Even if you didn't empty cancel yet and were still doing gunshots instead, you could do a regular bold cancel to angel step to dash away (e.g., getting away from Jak's lv 2). If you choose to you could even try dashing up to the opponent and catching them off guard.

In the end, empty cancels can do everything plus more when compared to parry cancels. Don't use them. If you really want to learn Dante, learn his empty cancel.

While I haven't tested it on stick, I recently learned that the empty cancel can also be performed with [up back triangle, up forward circle, circle]. This may be a bit easier since you aren't sliding across diagonally and can just slide it across to the side.

Hopefully that helps.

Also, something that I completely forgot about but it helps greatly for some of the larger maps. You don't need to run up directly beside the opponent before you start your melee attacks. You have a dash that works wonders for covering distances. If you use a raw grounded angel step, you can cancel it into any of his square attacks (more important is that it retains the full chain). If you cancel into angel step from any triangle attack, your neutral/side square attack out of the dash will be the fourth/third hit from the neutral/forward square chain. If you and an opponent are running towards each other online, chances are that once you're within range you can dash into neutral square for a free combo since they're probably expecting you to run up real slow to reach them/lag and online reaction times.
    Great post no_password! I'll have to try the U+F+circle. I can test it out on stick later tonight and get back to you guys. I completely forgot about Angel Dashing into Square/Triangle/Circle attacks until someone commented on one of my videos about it. It is definitely a great way to get in and I think it definitely helps against characters with projectile/range advantage.

no_password, i've been putting your Aerial Arbiter hit confirms into my game and I gotta say it's been very very useful. Especially when using Prop Shredder, like you said even if you don't hit you have a good chance of catching them out of the air tech. I've been meaning to play with you but i've been a bit busy. I'd like to do some 2v2's with you. I could probably learn some stuff as I really need to work on my multiplayer game.

I think one thing we haven't really discussed is match ups with certain opponents. I think that would be great to get input or ideas from you guys. So far my hardest match up seems to be Drake or any projectile heavy character.

Dante vs Drake:
    Barrels - Do not even try to Parry these things. It will usually end up with a barrel exploding in your face. You can use Prop Shredder to destroy barrels but the recovery time on Prop Shredder may allow your opponent to punish. Aerial Arbiter does NOT destroy the barrel. Durability points on Arbiter is lower and it won't even trigger the barrel to explode in most cases. If you attempt to short hop over a barrel Drake can short hop and counter with a Magnum shot sending you across the screen bringing the fight back to a neutral situation where you need to navigate through bullet hell of grenades, magnums, tranqs, and barrels.

Also considering Dante only has a few hit confirms are that more execution heavy than most characters we can be at a disadvantage in tense or laggy situations. I know I've dropped EC's when a kill was depending on it due to nerves or lag.
    I feel you man.I can do it when no one is around but having troubles comboing into it. If I try it real time in a battle I usually end up either completing the back dash or facing forward again but either parrying or u3.

With practice, everything comes with practice.
    Okay here is the thing about ubT dfCC I think I'm pressing CC so fast the df input is registering twice. I'll try it slower

Update here is the crazy thing I can definetky do the empty cancel by itself. I can't do it when I throw 3 boxes in front of it. 0_0
    Great post no_password! I'll have to try the U+F+circle. I can test it out on stick later tonight and get back to you guys. I completely forgot about Angel Dashing into Square/Triangle/Circle attacks until someone commented on one of my videos about it. It is definitely a great way to get in and I think it definitely helps against characters with projectile/range advantage.

no_password, i've been putting your Aerial Arbiter hit confirms into my game and I gotta say it's been very very useful. Especially when using Prop Shredder, like you said even if you don't hit you have a good chance of catching them out of the air tech. I've been meaning to play with you but i've been a bit busy. I'd like to do some 2v2's with you. I could probably learn some stuff as I really need to work on my multiplayer game.

I think one thing we haven't really discussed is match ups with certain opponents. I think that would be great to get input or ideas from you guys. So far my hardest match up seems to be Drake or any projectile heavy character.

Dante vs Drake:
    Barrels - Do not even try to Parry these things. It will usually end up with a barrel exploding in your face. You can use Prop Shredder to destroy barrels but the recovery time on Prop Shredder may allow your opponent to punish. Aerial Arbiter does NOT destroy the barrel. Durability points on Arbiter is lower and it won't even trigger the barrel to explode in most cases. If you attempt to short hop over a barrel Drake can short hop and counter with a Magnum shot sending you across the screen bringing the fight back to a neutral situation where you need to navigate through bullet hell of grenades, magnums, tranqs, and barrels.

Also considering Dante only has a few hit confirms are that more execution heavy than most characters we can be at a disadvantage in tense or laggy situations. I know I've dropped EC's when a kill was depending on it due to nerves or lag.

My brother plays a real mean Drake. Its super hard to approach. I will get a few more 1v1s with him with some of my new skills and post anything I find.
    *edit - Off the top. Short hop into air dodge has been the most useful recently for getting through barrels, but once he realized what was going on he'd just follow up with the AK. Short hop, dodge, block then punish is what I resorted to. As far as arbiters not destroying barrels...sometimes they do sometimes they don't which bothers me. I will see if I can figure out why.
    Can't edit an edit?
    If you can catch it at the beginning of the Drakes animation...our triangle will make cancel barrels but he still follows the animation. It sometimes catches Drake off guard when he expects to have a barrel there but nothing comes out.
    I think one thing we haven't really discussed is match ups with certain opponents.

Good idea. I'll start contributing

Dante vs Radec (or horizontal projectiles in general)
    I think Dante has a good answer to horizontal projectiles spammers like radec. His air dash is a wonderful move since you can quickly hop over the projectile and attack him from above, preferably with air down circle. Or you can just jump and immediately do down-circle, then dash forward to get in and confirm into a combo.
    Against Radec specifically, always try to punish his rolls with a ground dash into f-square, since they usually love to roll back and forward-square you to death.

Against Drake, jump and dodge at the same time. You can jump over the barrel and also avoid the Magnum shot, but I don't know if there's some way to punish Dante for this.

The only way to beat this jump-dodge thing is by placing a mine or something on the floor, since you basically have to press the block button at the exact same frame as you landed, which is very difficult.
    That's why characters like Sackboy give me way more problems than Drake. Dante's d-C does not destroy the electric thing he places on the floor for some reason. That, combined with the cake-projectiles he throws at you, makes Sackboy virtually unapproachable.
    I'm positive projectiles have durability and I guess if we knew different values things would be a bit easier. I don't remember if my Arbiter ever triggered the barrel to explode (cant think of it off the top of my head). Perhaps you hit it was something else as well? Probably not though as you would have mentioned that.

And yes Sackboy is another bad matchup for us. I can confirm that Sackboy's electric mat does not get destroyed when we use our Arbiters. I personally take the time to try and destroy Sackboy's projectiles when I can but that leaves me open to attack.

For me Radec has not given me too many issues as it is somewhat easy to get in on him as long as you pay attention to his sniper shots. Though i'm sure there are Radecs out there who are better at keeping people out than the standard snipe all day Radecs I've faced. His air grenade and electric attack are quite effective and I don't see many Radecs using this as much as they probably should.
    I'm positive projectiles have durability and I guess if we knew different values things would be a bit easier. I don't remember if my Arbiter ever triggered the barrel to explode (cant think of it off the top of my head). Perhaps you hit it was something else as well? Probably not though as you would have mentioned that.

And yes Sackboy is another bad matchup for us. I can confirm that Sackboy's electric mat does not get destroyed when we use our Arbiters. I personally take the time to try and destroy Sackboy's projectiles when I can but that leaves me open to attack.

For me Radec has not given me too many issues as it is somewhat easy to get in on him as long as you pay attention to his sniper shots. Though i'm sure there are Radecs out there who are better at keeping people out than the standard snipe all day Radecs I've faced. His air grenade and electric attack are quite effective and I don't see many Radecs using this as much as they probably should.

I'll confirm tonight about the barrels but I know without a doubt I've destroyed them with arbiter before. Also the barrels have two "hits" - the one from the barrel contacting you and the barrel exploding. They do not always go off together. I've blocked a barrel, rolled backward and been followed up by the barrel still rollling to explode on me.

As for sackboy, again I will confirm but I am pretty sure our j.f2 will destroy the electric mats. So j.f2 canceled into j.f3

In general to approach I use j.f2 cancel into f3, followed by either j.d3, j.u3, j.d1, or j.f1 depending on the situation. Cancelling into the dash from j.f2 allows some extra AP from anyone it happens to hit and gives more range on the dash.
    I didn't get much of a chance to test barrels last night. I did confirm jf2 will destroy sackboys electric mat. I was hit again this morning by a barrel twice, once on block rolled backwards and then it hit me and exploded.

Getting more consistent with EC but still having a hell of a time comboing into it in real time. Im making progress though because now instead of finishing with u3 I am cancelling into the super...but I am behind my oppenent because my airdash was a bit too long.
  • RavenDSkullRavenDSkull Lost between choices. Joined: Posts: 34
    Heya guys.

I'm maining Dante and so far, I'm feeling he's a really hard char to begin with. Unlike other chars, you gotta be on point to commit to your moves, specially the 1 series. I've seen a video that shows 1,d.1 as a potencial solution and it's nice, but still hard. Fought Sly and G.Cole and both were problems as I simply couldn't make them stop running around me. I'd catch up, they throw a move or two and run again, while my air moves didn't challenge theirs (except d.1).

Still not 100% on the Bold Canceling, but getting more consistent as day passes. Found it easier to do on the pad than on the stick. Go figures.

But it felt just too good doing 1,1,1,BC, 1,1,1,BC,S1 on a Kratos. That's why I can't stop with this stylish bastard.

PS.: Why no alt for him? Or am I going blind?
    AE2012: Sagat / Yun
    PAS: Dante

Repping Brasil here.
    Hey Raven, Dante definitely has issues being safe when committing to his 1,1,1 chain. As you mentioned you can use d.1. This can be used after any of your first three 1 attacks. You may also want to try s.1, pause, 1,1,1. Like people mentioned before it seems to be a bit more safe than when you whiff the standard 1,1,1 chain. As far as getting in to start your attack that can be a problem vs ranged characters. If you watch no_password's aerial arbiter confirms video you can learn a way to get in using that. However you will still need your opponent to be on the ground in order to Empty Cancel into Super. This can be a pain w/ people jumping and short hopping all over the place. You have to be patient and you can even use a Parry here and there when you think they will throw out a ground attack you can counter. Be careful though as the Parry is not 100% reliable...
  • DopplesDopples TheFinestBrew Joined: Posts: 99
    Another thing to keep in mind is that Dante is a surprisingly elusive character in the air. Any of the triangle moves into Angel Boost is a great way to move around the screen. You don't gain as much distance as a Drake will, but it's VERY fast, and it gives you access to one of Dante's better jump ins with air side square.

Arg, I really wish they either gave Arbiter more durability, or allowed you to aim it horizontally. :/
    TvC: Frank West/Casshern UMvC3:She-Hulk/lol/lol PSABR:Drake/Kat (RIP Barrels) Persona 4 Arena: Aigis (Former Kanji main/fraud) Injustice: Harley Quinn (This'll be a blast!)
    If Suda makes a No More Heroes fighting game by teaming up with Aksys, I'd probably play nothing else ever.
    Yeah you definitely want to use s.Triangle into Angel Dash to get some distance in the air. His up and down triangle in air is definitely good to use to throw people off. If you cancel into an angel dash in the air you can use f.Square if you are low enough to the ground which will butt drop your opponent allowing you to continue your combo.

Dopples, I totally feel you on the durability for sure. It gets frustrating when almost every projectile overpowers Dante's. I'm not even sure if the Arbiter/Flush can even destroy a Sackboy Electric mat. I'll have to double check on that. Though Dante is really known as a melee character I can understand their reasoning.
  • DopplesDopples TheFinestBrew Joined: Posts: 99
    In a game where zoning and air camping is as strong as it is, there's no excuse for a melee character to not have one good projectile at least. Something to help them contend. :/
    TvC: Frank West/Casshern UMvC3:She-Hulk/lol/lol PSABR:Drake/Kat (RIP Barrels) Persona 4 Arena: Aigis (Former Kanji main/fraud) Injustice: Harley Quinn (This'll be a blast!)
    If Suda makes a No More Heroes fighting game by teaming up with Aksys, I'd probably play nothing else ever.
    @ProjectSeoul
    I'll train myself to hitconfirm his 1 chain or go to d.1. Going for f.1,[pause],1,1,1 is also a good idea. Gotta train that too. I'm trying to BC that f.1 but I'm still having problems. Can't BC reliably.

@Dopples
    Yeah, his mobility is good. Not quite Sly, Raiden or Cole, but pretty good.

I like j.d.3. A lot. But it has a super slow startup. Every time I try to do it from a comboable distance, I get countered. Maybe I'm getting predictable. Gotta j.2, j.f.2 and j.f.3 more. :P

@both
    I'm finding j.d.1 to be quite a good tool too. Gotta work on my tech chase to make it work. Dunno if there's a way to tech chase into something BCable. Would be great.

Repping Brasil here.
  • nRgnRg Adanimo Joined: Posts: 10
    For tech chasing purposes I would recommend to: short jnT and check your options from this animation as it allows you to either follow up with another air triangle series or any of his viable tech chasing moves (afS, adC, auC, anC) as it allows dante to recover quicker out of certain moves from the air. Also keep in mind that angel dash is your best friend from a short hop....it confuses many a people!
    In a game where zoning and air camping is as strong as it is, there's no excuse for a melee character to not have one good projectile at least. Something to help them contend. :/

Oh yeah i definitely agree. Thankfully we at least have a projectile unlike Raiden. But he has other options like his dive kick and his dash attack which helps him get in on opponents.

nRg, that jumping neutral 2 sounds like a good idea ill try it out.
    For tech chasing purposes I would recommend to: short jnT and check your options from this animation as it allows you to either follow up with another air triangle series or any of his viable tech chasing moves (afS, adC, auC, anC) as it allows dante to recover quicker out of certain moves from the air. Also keep in mind that angel dash is your best friend from a short hop....it confuses many a people!

Hm... Nice! But for jf.1won't I need to go into jf.3 first? Like, otherwise I'll have to time the hop even better than with any of the 3 series, as I can cancel j.2 into them.
    Oh yeah i definitely agree. Thankfully we at least have a projectile unlike Raiden. But he has other options like his dive kick and his dash attack which helps him get in on opponents.

nRg, that jumping neutral 2 sounds like a good idea ill try it out.

Dante's advantage in mobility is being able to change trajectories, isn't it? I mean... Raiden doesn't really need a projectile, because his walkspeed combined with dash attacks and dive kick make him a lot faster than Dante..

Repping Brasil here.
    Right im just saying at least we have a projectile. Even with those tools I think Raiden has a hard time against certain ranged characters. Though I don't play Raiden at all and wouldn't know. I was just saying his dive kick and dash attack compensates for him not having a projectile.

I tried playing an E.Cole 1v1 and I was a sad panda after. I have such a love hate relationship with this game and Dante's character.
    I feel you, Seoul. Especially E. Cole. Both Coles are a pain, actually.

Drake is a tad better to deal with and I think Sly is on par with the Coles. At least, mobility wise.

I don't want to give up on Dante so easy, but it's hella frustrating working on him.

Sent from my Mind using my Fingers

Repping Brasil here.
    So I mentioned a while back in one of my posts that I found out that you could dash off a platform and perform the grounded version of the move while falling down. After a bit more testing, I have found a simple way to do it consistently.

All you need to do is position yourself at the edge of the platform (dodge roll to the edge to be as close as possible), then dash off while inputting the attack immediately after. Think of it as a plink.

This can also be performed if you are not directly on the edge but the timing of the attack differs depending on the distance to the edge.

Also, if you try this with the arbiter toss and input it very fast you can get the axe to travel along the platform that you are falling through.

Now here's something that will seem silly due to its simplicity.
    I use the above technique in the next video but it really isn't necessary. Its the same as ProjectSeoul's 203 AP combo but it takes out the need for connecting with the back of the scythe. Just whiff the first 2 swings of the square chain so that only the crumple slash hits then use the guns before performing the same combo. It takes away from the total by 4 AP (95 AP before burst compared to ProjectSeoul's 99 AP before burst) but the AP gain from the extra shots at the beginning adds an extra 3 AP to the total.

Physical hits: 95 AP + 30 AP (from final hit) = 125 AP
    Guns: 51 AP
    Burst: 30 AP
    Total: 206 AP

Last video is an old clip that I used as a bonus in one of my other videos. It's an ice missile combo that nets 246 AP.

Edit: Long post becomes longer D:

So after more testing, i've found an easy way to do grounded aerials even when you aren't at the edge of a platform. Basically just do any of his gun moves before dashing off the platform and input the move while still in the dash. Like the previous one, its still limited by what you can normally do out of a dash. This means that his neutral square chain and side square chain get gimped and only perform the final hit out of chain.

While taking away from his offense a little, it allows you to perform another dash. So the initial dash off the platform counts as a grounded dash while the next one you perform counts as an aerial one.

Also, Dante's down triangle is the fastest gun move that allows cancelling into dash so it finally has some use lol.

It also has a strange property where it allows for triangle moves to be performed midair. It looks kinda funny and serves no real purpose.

• nRgnRg Adanimo Joined: Posts: 10
    Hopefully Dante is possibly getting a buff....? his guns for example.......
    So I said in my previous post that the aerial grounded guns just looked funny and served no real purpose.

Whoops.

Apparently, useless tech leads to more useless tech.
    When you perform the grounded aerial guns the game still considers you grounded as you fall through the air. This means that you can dash out of them and the game recognizes this as a grounded dash. Like I mentioned in my edit, you can still perform a dash afterward which would be considered the aerial version.

The problem is that doing a dash out of the guns retains your downward momentum. The downward momentum really limits where you can perform this trick since you'll probably hit the ground during the second dash. I've only been able to find 3 platforms high enough for this to work so its entirely situational.