Having a ton of trouble with FADC (playing on a fightpad)

Phoenix KnightPhoenix Knight Joined: Posts: 61
Hello all! I've been playing as Juri since early this year and I think she's great. From her fireball mixups to her anti air tactics and zoning she's just a blast!

There are a few things, I believe, that keep me from progressing any further in skill, and that's FADC into combos

It's like I'm semi capable when executing them. I either hit an opponent with a fireball then attempt to do a FADC, but my imputs end up doing a neutral Focus attack instead of dashing forward. When an opponent gives me an opening I try to execute a FADC combo (MK into low fireball into FADC) but most of the time I screw it up.

Here's the exact imputs I do when trying to execute a FADC:

MK+MP and Forward at the same time, or
MK+MP and forward forward twice

seems like that's what I SHOULD be doing, but it doesn't come out right.

What I want to know is, what are the EXACT imputs to do a FADC into a combo?

This is what I'd like to do: MP+MP into HP then ex cartwheel.
Details in the timing would be a lot of help too.

Can you guys help me out? Thanks :)
Gamertag: Phoenix00Knight let's play sometime :D
Check out my all-Juri-Channel with my "Salty Rants" commentary http://www.youtube.com/Phoenix00Knight

Comments

• YorKeYYorKeY Where the connections are always green, SoCaL. Joined: Posts: 869 ✭✭✭
    ughhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh, PRACTICE.
    XBL/PSN/Steam- iYorKeY
    AE: Yun, C.Viper(my mains from the beginning, fuck footsies ^_^)
    UMvC3: C.Viper, Dante, Strider/Team Nemo
    Melee: Marth/Sheik
    KoFXIII: EX/normal Kyo/EX Iori, Yuri, Elizabeth
    Eternal Fan Club Chairmen

• Phoenix KnightPhoenix Knight Joined: Posts: 61
    The issue was the imputs. I could break a combo down smaller into pieces, but knowing how to do them properly is important. I'd have a really hard time practicing FADC if I'm not doing it the right way.
    Check out my all-Juri-Channel with my "Salty Rants" commentary http://www.youtube.com/Phoenix00Knight
  • eltroubleeltrouble Joined: Posts: 5,376 ✭✭✭✭
    Practice, practice, practice. The easiest and most consistent way is to simply hold MP+MK and double tap forwards, which works in a variety of positions.

If you're trying to FADC after a special move that ends in a "forward" position, which includes up-forward and down-forward, you can simply hold the forward position after you input a special move, hold MP+MK, and simply tap forward again in order to dash. The initial holding of the "forward" move while you input the FADC counts towards your dash motion.
  • Phoenix KnightPhoenix Knight Joined: Posts: 61
    Hello, el! Thanks for the advice! I'm going to practice it and let you know how it's working out for me.
    Your advice about special moves into FADC is great too, but unfortunately Juri usual DF moves don't transition into FADC well. I think
    the special she has with that imput is her fireball. I usually end her combos with a cartwheel or try to FADC

But like you said it comes down to practice. :)

Thanks!
    Hello, el! Thanks for the advice! I'm going to practice it and let you know how it's working out for me.
    Your advice about special moves into FADC is great too, but unfortunately Juri usual DF moves don't transition into FADC well. I think
    the special she has with that imput is her fireball. I usually end her combos with a cartwheel or try to FADC

But like you said it comes down to practice. :)

Thanks!

No problem. Many Juris usually opt to extend her combo after landing a fireball, which does end in a 'forward' motion. You can FADC the fireball and go into an ultra, or just do another basic combo to tack on extra damage and stun. So my shortcut trick does work if you're trying to FADC the fireball motion, in fact, it works for everyone who has a fireball or an uppercut motion that you're trying to FADC.
  • BakuhakubasugasuBakuhakubasugasu Eating dreams since '96. Joined: Posts: 3,327
    All I gotta say is practice and training mode is your best friend.

But I can shine some light on this being a PS2/PS3 pad player. The way I focus cancel is a bit different from other people but it works out best for me. I don't know who else does it like me but whatever, here's how I do it.

We're just going to use Ryu here for a demonstration. Let's say we're just doing shoryuken > FADC > Ultra 1. The way I focus cancel is let the shoryuken hit and when I focus attack dash cancel, I hit forward+mediumpunch+mediumkick/Triangle+Circle twice. With this, I get focus cancel and my dash guaranteed. I'm hitting forward forward but I hit focus with each forward so it's basically doing the same input twice. It's basically forward+focus twice. Tap forward+focus and then tap forward+focus again. Once I do that I just Ultra 1 or just FADC into whatever. You get the picture but this works best for me and it really makes it easier for me. Another benefit from this is that you get the direction pad/stick back to its neutral position so the inputs you put in afterward doesn't buffer anything so whatever you action you do next, you'll be sure to get that command/move.
    PSN: Bakuhakubasugasu
    I play all fighting games.
    Youtube<<Combos/Tutorials | TwitchTv<<Stream
  • VulpesVulpes No. Joined: Posts: 3,675 ✭✭✭
    Many Juris usually opt to extend her combo after landing a fireball, which does end in a 'forward' motion.
    Uh no, Juris fireball input doesn't include a forward. It's "release lk".
    Why.
    Uh no, Juris fireball input doesn't include a forward. It's "release lk".

Whoops, sorry, I was thinking about her input to do the kick and store the fireball. Ignore that.

Well, then I guess it's even easier. Just release K and FADC.