Why are the lights out - Cole Mcgrath Thread

2»

Comments

• Leebee LinkLeebee Link (they/them) Joined: Posts: 2,260
    after two hours or so in the training room last night, found some more juice for Cole:

these are all based off of hitting j.d+1, which is a move that comes out incredibly fast when you do it right before touching the ground. it is a commitment, however, as you have a lengthy recovery time where you will be surely punished if they block it. regardless, it is fantastic to use if you want to take a risk, or to punish the opponent's mistakes or as a practical way to punish rolls from knockdown (think sweet tooth's j.1).

155 AP combo

j.d+1, (land) f+3, f+1>2, j.u+2, j.f+1, j.d+3, (land) j.f+1, j.2 (missile hits)

the timing on this is weird, but it's not so hard to get down once you figure out the individual pieces. you need to do j.u+2 IMMEDIATELY after recovering from f+1>2. after you fire the rocket, your j.f+1 will hit as low to the ground as possible and you can squeeze a j.d+3 in before you land. from there, you do the rest and it all works fine.

this basic combo shell can also be used to give Cole a practical 90 AP combo into level 1 super as well:

j.d+1, (land) f+3, f+1>2, j.u+2, j.f+1, j.d+3, (land) j.f+1, j.f+3, (land) level 1

he also has 2 other options for 155 AP because sometimes it's hard to time the bolts with the first combo on the smaller non human characters (usually netting only 150 AP)

j.d+1, (land) f+3, f+1>2, j.f+1, j.f+3, (land) u+3, j.u+2, j.f+1, j.2 (missile hits)

essentially you need to make sure you land close to the opponent after you hit them with the freeze missile to make sure u+3 will hit them. then, do j.u+2 immediately after recovering from it and time your j.f+1 correctly.

alternatively, you can do

j.d+1, (land) f+3, d+3, j.f+1, j.f+3, (land) u+3, j.u+2, j.f+1, j.2 (missile hits)

this is a good alternative because hitting f+1>2 after f+3 misses on some of the nonhuman characters on specific sides. this happens because of the way they turn their body when they get frozen. I will make a list of them once I get done with some other stuff I've been doing.

the thing to take from these combos is that whenever you hit u+3 in a combo or wherever, you can always add that missile ender for 65 total AP. these combos are useful in 2v2 as well because it's much harder to hit cole out of it when he's way up high in the air.

I'm finishing my Raiden tutorial first, but I will definitely be making a Cole one as well soon. cheers~
    JoJo's Bizarre Adventure- Mariah, Jotaro
    KoF XIII- Robert, Elisabeth, Ash
    Battle Fantasia- Urs, Ashley, Face
  • LSlickLSlick Joined: Posts: 190
    after two hours or so in the training room last night, found some more juice for Cole:

these are all based off of hitting j.d+1, which is a move that comes out incredibly fast when you do it right before touching the ground. it is a commitment, however, as you have a lengthy recovery time where you will be surely punished if they block it. regardless, it is fantastic to use if you want to take a risk, or to punish the opponent's mistakes or as a practical way to punish rolls from knockdown (think sweet tooth's j.1).

155 AP combo

j.d+1, (land) f+3, f+1>2, j.u+2, j.f+1, j.d+3, (land) j.f+1, j.2 (missile hits)

the timing on this is weird, but it's not so hard to get down once you figure out the individual pieces. you need to do j.u+2 IMMEDIATELY after recovering from f+1>2. after you fire the rocket, your j.f+1 will hit as low to the ground as possible and you can squeeze a j.d+3 in before you land. from there, you do the rest and it all works fine.

this basic combo shell can also be used to give Cole a practical 90 AP combo into level 1 super as well:

j.d+1, (land) f+3, f+1>2, j.u+2, j.f+1, j.d+3, (land) j.f+1, j.f+3, (land) level 1

he also has 2 other options for 155 AP because sometimes it's hard to time the bolts with the first combo on the smaller non human characters (usually netting only 150 AP)

j.d+1, (land) f+3, f+1>2, j.f+1, j.f+3, (land) u+3, j.u+2, j.f+1, j.2 (missile hits)

essentially you need to make sure you land close to the opponent after you hit them with the freeze missile to make sure u+3 will hit them. then, do j.u+2 immediately after recovering from it and time your j.f+1 correctly.

alternatively, you can do

j.d+1, (land) f+3, d+3, j.f+1, j.f+3, (land) u+3, j.u+2, j.f+1, j.2 (missile hits)

this is a good alternative because hitting f+1>2 after f+3 misses on some of the nonhuman characters on specific sides. this happens because of the way they turn their body when they get frozen. I will make a list of them once I get done with some other stuff I've been doing.

the thing to take from these combos is that whenever you hit u+3 in a combo or wherever, you can always add that missile ender for 65 total AP. these combos are useful in 2v2 as well because it's much harder to hit cole out of it when he's way up high in the air.

I'm finishing my Raiden tutorial first, but I will definitely be making a Cole one as well soon. cheers~

Definitely going to try these combos out...However, I need to redownload the game again on my vita since I deleted it by accident and I have no wifi at home =[
  • Leebee LinkLeebee Link (they/them) Joined: Posts: 2,260

uploaded~
    JoJo's Bizarre Adventure- Mariah, Jotaro
    KoF XIII- Robert, Elisabeth, Ash
    Battle Fantasia- Urs, Ashley, Face
  • D4FoxD4Fox Joined: Posts: 8
    Yeah I don't think I'll ever be able to pull something like that :-( loving the video tho :-)
  • JocelotJocelot Don't give up! Joined: Posts: 5,078
    Could you start the combo with st.:d:+1 as well? I think that move puts your opponent in the same state as j.:d:+1.
    Party Robot!!
    Now my head can spin. I'll be around for a million years, so let the party begin.
    jak d ripr wrote: »
    That shit had me in stitches. Nigga went for all these flashy set-ups and doom was like hold these boots.
  • AsisGalvinAsisGalvin Joined: Posts: 1
  • ProjectSeoulProjectSeoul お前はもう死んでいる Joined: Posts: 94

Sweet moves man. This will help teach me the ways of the light side.
2»