Spike : I'm ready for Specter

2»

Comments

• GoddessBraceletGoddessBracelet Great Magic! Joined: Posts: 772
    [media]
  • Chairman MaoChairman Mao Joined: Posts: 7
    Remember labbing a while ago with spike. Pretty sure banana > lvl 2 works as well.

Also I think I came up with some shit with the drones item, some loops/lvl 1 setups but I can't remember inputs. I'll post again if I figure them out again.
    Remember labbing a while ago with spike. Pretty sure banana > lvl 2 works as well.

Also I think I came up with some shit with the drones item, some loops/lvl 1 setups but I can't remember inputs. I'll post again if I figure them out again.
    They do work, i haven't gotten to update this with a lot of stuff i've found yet. :)

Bannanas -> short hop -> shock cannon -> lv.1 works too.

So does air lv.1 monkey -> drop -> shock cannon -> lv.1

As far as the drones go, if you can get a guard break on them, using u.1 will just juggle them and then you can hit the ground and do j.111 before a burst.

Also you can air lv.1 monkey -> drop -> slingshot -> u.1 +1

and air lv.1 monkeiy -> drop -> u.1+1

I look forward to your findings :)
    air d.3 (green), short hop, d.2, d.1, j.111 -burst - 130 ap

new combo :), very fast

have a new wall to wall combo done in the small training room, thats right, the whole arena, have to work out the notation because i'm still surprised myself.

I belive it was air d.3 (first level) drop, d.2, u.1+1, jump forward, j.111 - burst

also : d.3 (first level, ground), air f+1, guard break, 2.2 (crumple), d.3(first level, ground), d.1, d.2, u.1+1 - burst
  • Chairman MaoChairman Mao Joined: Posts: 7
    Found some of the drones stuff (I believe that it's actual name is Killer Bees)

It's possible to do a basic loop by linking 1 > 1 into itself if you use 2 (or 3 I guess) to activate the drones during the animations of the other attacks. This is so you don't get the last hit in the chain.
    The timing is somewhat specific but I've found that I can do it by pressing 2 on the last hit of the second 1. You can also do things like 1 > 1 > D1 with this.

Also with Killer Bees, J.S1 > Level 1 works which is really useful. It works because the projectile from drones travels slower than Spike does so soon after the dive hits the projectile does leaving you with enough time to get the Level 1.

As for actually comboing into Level 1, it's possible to get it if you do sweep then activate drones with the same button later in the animation before doing super.
    However, this is VERY impractical as alot of the time it simply does not work. This is just because of the way Killer Bees work, there are two drones that ROTATE above you and the shots alternate between the two. This means that the positioning changes which sucks for this setup because if the drones are closer to the enemy that means that they will hit earlier and you don't get the same window of opportunity needed for the setup to work.

And I'll leave you with something very interesting about this item that may warrant future exploration. You can actually activate drones in certain situations where you would normally not be allowed to press buttons. The cases I am talking about are during throw animations and the startup of most of the casts level ones. This could definitely open up possibilities for item specific throw conversions and level one setups.

And also I just realised that because of the homing properties of the projectiles (fired in the direction of nearest opponent), this item may also have applications for tech chasing/traps will have to experiment further
    Compiling a big list of info and vids for spike to post in the coming week so get ready spike fans! Also, match vids will be back on so get ready for the return of running sets and what do you mean i'm a troll on ps allstars on my youtube channel.

youtube/user/zombinos20

And now, for a small info drop!

Spike Loop! - Found by Jimmie on allstarsarena! He has a ton of videos on allstararena.com showing the power that this loop grants. Bottom line, you MUST be learning this loop and nailing it every time you want to hit it. Spike has so many options with it, he becomes a far more efficient killer. He can even link a crumple after the loop to continue into a burst.
    Video to follow!

Air rc car -> boxing glove charged -> jump back air rc car -> boxing glove -> jump back air rc car -> boxing glove

variant -> Same as above here, that is the loop and the framework for more setups. Now, during a crumple, jump back fast -> use bannanarang -> air shocker -> lv.1 super or lv.2 super. You must hit them low to the ground with the shock cannon or it won't work.

To get used to this, go to training and practice hitting lv.1 super off of a bannanrang, it is possible and easy once you hit the timing. Then start doing 'rangs into shock cannons. Then time your jumps to nail it close to the ground. Do it until you have it down good. A lot of people never expect this setup and they sure as hell don't know what to do when you land it haha.

Updating again soon. See ya!

spike on wakeup -
    throw 'rang
    hit lv.2 super
    if they roll back 'rang hits and confirms

2v2 combos -
    stairway of pain -

against a corner -

p1 - shock -> jump 111
    p2 - shock -> jump 111
    p1 - j.111
    p2 - j.111

more than likely a burst

double trouble -

double air bannanas - all hit -> 111 combo on ground -> burst

off a wallbounce -> air rc -> ap burst

off a 'rang -> air rc -> they stay in place, chance for follow up

when facing lockdown teams -

one spike shoots forward, the other follows with an rc car at a safe disance.

combo off side throw wallbounce and air rc wallbounce -

in both cases, catching them low yeilds the best result and can do multiple bounces
2»