Destiny - Videogame Thread + SRK Clan SignUp

The Furious OneThe Furious One Fluent in 3 languages Engrish, Sarcasm & ProfanityJoined: Posts: 20,623
edited November 2015 in General Discussion
*Free digital upgrade for those that bought the Xbox360 and PS3 versions - http://www.destinythegame.com/digital-upgrade

SRK Clan name: SRKGD - http://www.bungie.net/en/Clan/135220

Request clan membership PM - Hecatom

PM me if you want your name added to the player list below

XboxOne & Xbox360 users:
IX Phantom IV
SoVi3t666
XthAtGAm3RGuYX
MechWarriorNY
Vestax11
chemistren82
Corylegend
dollarYenSRK
Xboxx 0pen Tray kappa.png

PS4 & PS3 users:
WillySRK
Shadaloo_Martian
MundyCinderella
PhantomSRK
greyfoxx2002
ENELS223
DN3000
JaexHoon
Hecatom
LA_epidemic
LiangHuBBB
djmassif
DahcDerron
janoGX
TSA-PATDOWN
Utmost-Nutszo
ForeverKing901
ORIGINAL POST NOV28th 2012
leaked a few hours ago, and now being reported by the BBC

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/technology-20529785

thirdtimesthecharmjpg-843114.jpg

destiny-12jpg-8430f4.jpg
BBC wrote:
Details of Bungie's first game since quitting the best-selling Halo franchise have been leaked online.
The gaming website IGN has obtained marketing materials revealing it is called Destiny, and aims to create a universe "as deep" as the Star Wars franchise

The project had been one of publisher Activision's most closely guarded secrets.
It has a 10-year exclusive arrangement with the development studio.

Activision has previously told investors that the game would be "genre-defining" and prove to be one of its two "largest growth opportunities" over coming years, alongside the Call of Duty series.
Following IGN's exclusive, Bungie reproduced one of the images on its own site and confirmed the leak's authenticity.

Sci-fi fight

According to IGN the game will be set 700 years in the future, and feature battles with aliens to protect the "last city on Earth" after the collapse of mankind's efforts to colonise the Solar System.
A screenshot suggests the first title in the expected series will run on the PlayStation 3 and Xbox 360. Bungie's most recent releases had only run on Xbox systems.
A decision to build another sci-fi franchise will see Destiny compete with the developer's original series.

Microsoft has said it has plans for at least another two Halo games. Its most recent sequel, Halo 4, was created by its own subsidiary 343 Industries. The series as a whole has generated more than $3.4bn (£2.1bn) in revenues to date.

"You can never have sure bets and the risks involved with creating new IP [intellectual property] are always relatively high, but to have a studio like Bungie involved reduces the risk considerably for Activision due to its incredible track record," Pier Harding-Rolls, head of games research at IHS Screen Digest, told the BBC.

But he added that the publisher was unlikely to be happy about the way news of its game had become available.

"I don't think any company that wants to manage and control the promotion of their material would want to see it leaked through the back door," he said. "But a lot of leaks do go on in the industry.
"I'm sure we'll see a lot more of it at E3 [games conference] in June where games like this can be shown in a satisfying way."

I can't remember the last time a videogame "leak" was front page news for the BBC that wasn't to do with some large scale hack or theft. Anyhoo, I'm glad the game hadn' turned into vapourware
Post edited by The Furious One on

Comments

• FurryCurryFurryCurry The World's Finest Joined: Posts: 5,648
    I can't wait. Not sure what else there is to say. I trust them to tell a good story and deliver great gameplay.
    where yo tear drop at, gangsta? I'm so hard my cheeks look like i've been watching a lifetime movie marathon so what's really hood. - Monte
  • SF-Zero2SF-Zero2 Pronounced AlphaZero Joined: Posts: 1,373
  • LouiscipherLouiscipher Joined: Posts: 8,177
    Looks like Tribes.
    STOMP!
  • KromoKromo Render unto Miku Joined: Posts: 6,245 ✭✭✭✭✭ OG
    Oh sweet they are making a new killzone game.
    I like the old helghast logo more though.

Helghastlogo-render.png
    Just has that hint of fascism that makes it sexy.
    New one is kind of bland.
    Mad props to Zombie Lolerskates for the Av
    Voted poster of the year 4 years in a row! 2012 - 2015!
    All proceeds will go the Hydro Acoustic Reverberance Mechanism (H.A.R.M Project)
    Glory unto the Machine Goddess!
  • MatriarchMatriarch Lilim Joined: Posts: 2,765
    So they're tired of making Halos and go make a futuristic sci-fi war game.
  • PozerWolfPozerWolf Gummies, yum! ;o Joined: Posts: 8,367 ✭✭✭✭✭ OG
    Looks like Tribes.
    And I hope it plays like it.
    All I do is draw naked birds all day.
    Twitter; PozerWolf
  • orochizoolanderorochizoolander 2LANDER! Joined: Posts: 15,625
    "Destiny is further described as “fun and accessible to all,” aiming “to create a universe as deep, tangible and relatable as that of the Star Wars franchise.” Based on the language in the document, it appears that Bungie aims to create a universe accessible to multiple demographics, perhaps suggesting that Destiny will be less mature than Bungie’s efforts with Halo. A quote from Bungie co-founder Jason Jones says “Destiny is designed for your inner seven year old. We want to make it feel like a mythic adventure.”

"The name Destiny first emerged in May when court documents revealed details on four games in the series. At the time, installments in the Destiny series were revealed to be coming in fall 2013, fall 2015, fall 2017 and fall 2019. In 2014, 2016, 2018 and 2020, downloadable expansions known as “Comet” were also said to be planned."

AKA another generic sci fi with preplanned profit driven sequels?

lebron-not-superior.jpg?w=488
    P. gorath said: seriously though, it really crystalized how much better mvc3 is than that game. "Oh look, commando vs. 3 characters...this will be excitin--zzzzzzzzzzzzzZZzzzz"
  • KillaFoxKillaFox I wish a nigga would on every candle. Joined: Posts: 2,180
    oh i cant wait to buy that yearly season pass for 60 bucks.
  • El Chupa NegroEl Chupa Negro WALKING PARADOX Joined: Posts: 3,425
    200 years after halo pretty much
    Jeet Kune Do was all about using what worked and discarding the crap. Fei Long is crap... discard him. A real Jeet Kune Do man plays Dudley.-xS A M U R A Ix
  • KillaFoxKillaFox I wish a nigga would on every candle. Joined: Posts: 2,180
    edited February 2013
  • SiriusBlackSiriusBlack Nice Joined: Posts: 4,096
    KillaFox said:
    There is none.
    Wolv/Spencer/Akuma or Wesker/Doom/Spencer
    Spencer/Doom/Ammy or Mag/Doom/Ammy because A-bomb
    http://i48.tinypic.com/1fwva0.png
  • Amazing FunbagsAmazing Funbags The J-Cup Lover Joined: Posts: 17,792
    Boobologist Ph.D
  • yah yaahh b*tch!yah yaahh b*tch! thats my b*tch Joined: Posts: 6,034
    Halo, Tribes, Lost Planet, Killzone? BBC "coverage?"

**falls fast asleep**
    edited February 2013
    KillaFox said:

There is none.

He meant buying the game every year which, from the release dates listed, won't happen.

I honestly see nothing wrong with this strategy of an always online single/co-op/competitive multiplayer fps set in a distant sci-fi future. The concept art certainly has me intrigued. 
    where yo tear drop at, gangsta? I'm so hard my cheeks look like i've been watching a lifetime movie marathon so what's really hood. - Monte
    Titanfall is polluting the airways. I expect a little news during GDC and a lot of news during E3, and the best news when we get our hands on the beta.
    edited June 2014
    My opinion of the game has slightly reversed as the more I see the more fun it looks and the more it looks to be more than just reskinned Halo MMO. That being said I'm not nearly as hype for it as I am for Titanfall. I think most sci fi shooters in general just don't go far enough with the sci fi part, look at a game like Vanquish I want a multiplayer version of that with Halo's extensive matchmaking options :love:
    Post edited by orochizoolander on
    P. gorath said: seriously though, it really crystalized how much better mvc3 is than that game. "Oh look, commando vs. 3 characters...this will be excitin--zzzzzzzzzzzzzZZzzzz"
  • The Furious OneThe Furious One Fluent in 3 languages Engrish, Sarcasm & Profanity Joined: Posts: 20,623
    That script read from last years E3 was so embarrassingly bad and unbelievable that I lost what interest I could have had.

Not to mention its just another mmoFPS in an already crowded genre of mediocrity
    I expect to hear a lot of news on Destiny as we approach E3

*video*

I was actually forward to this game, a Mass Effect-ish type MMO game with more abilities.
    That video, however, made me think otherwise. I love how they explained these "features" like if they are new or innovative, when they've been done before and have failed.

And no PC release? Fuck you.
    Twitter; PozerWolf
  • Lord_RaptorLord_Raptor Joined: Posts: 8,809
    That script read from last years E3 was so embarrassingly bad and unbelievable that I lost what interest I could have had.

Not to mention its just another mmoFPS in an already crowded genre of mediocrity
    How is the MMOFPS genre crowded when theirs like two.
    Are you right? Are you READY!?
    Feels like theres 200.

Sci-fi futuristic multiplayer first person shooters. Meh. Wake me up when devs are actively trying to make a fresh experience.

Destiny is hardly new or out-the-box.
    edited May 2014
    Feels like theres 200.

Sci-fi futuristic multiplayer first person shooters. Meh. Wake me up when devs are actively trying to make a fresh experience.

Destiny is hardly new or out-the-box.

I hate that I agree with you but yeah. I was expecting something more akin to Phantasy Star Online but as a first person shooter. I mean it still can be because I feel like they are keeping a lot of gameplay secrets close their vest but this could end up being a let down. Not a big one but a let down.

AT THE ABSOLUTE WORST though it'll be massively multiplayer multiplatform halo. That's enough for me to buy it at launch and hey, if I don't like the beta then I cancel this preorder.

• The Furious OneThe Furious One Fluent in 3 languages Engrish, Sarcasm & Profanity Joined: Posts: 20,623
    edited June 2014
    Gamersyde has a bunch of alpha footage.

The game looks stunning :wow:

news_destiny_alpha_video-15507.jpg

2 vids - http://www.gamersyde.com/news_destiny_alpha_video-15507_en.html
    8 vids - http://www.gamersyde.com/news_more_destiny_alpha_videos-15516_en.html

:rofl:
    I like Halo's game mechanics but I'm disappointed to see Bungie can't make an drastic changes to make look more than a reskinned Halo Reach.
  • crucadescrucades Its a Kinda Bullshit Joined: Posts: 11,009
    meh Destiny is a shite version of Dust *ahem* Project Legion
    "I was fighting from the day I was born!"

-Michael 'The Count' Bisping, Greatest MW Champion of all time
  • jae hoonjae hoon Flames of Justice Joined: Posts: 12,228 ✭✭✭✭✭ OG
    Looks just like a reskinned Halo.
    SRK Kobrai Kai - Kickin bitches in the face since 2001
  • VynceVynce Hater. Joined: Posts: 14,655
    edited June 2014
    Posting in unofficial Destiny thread, which I failed to find via search.

I'll acquiesce. Can you keep the player list going, Furious?
    "My name is Pertho and I like whoopi goldbergs tits."-Pertho
  • Amazing FunbagsAmazing Funbags The J-Cup Lover Joined: Posts: 17,792
    http://mp1st.com/2014/06/12/destiny-first-impressions/#.U549fED3N74

It looks like some weird fusion of Halo and CoD. Still a pretty game and I'll be playing it. TFO, Reach was not that good looking
    Boobologist Ph.D
  • SaikyoStyleSaikyoStyle Not Sure Joined: Posts: 1,064
    Destiny is destiny.
    Move along, Nothing to see here.
    edited June 2014

It looks like some weird fusion of Halo and CoD

That would be Transformers: War for Cybertron and it's sequel, both of which are way better than either franchise...hell they're better than just about any multiplayer shooter from last generation I can think of at the moment.

So yeah after E3 it seems Destiny will be a reskinned Halo unfortunately, but the powers seem like a really fun change I hope to them play a big part in multiplayer, but have low expectations.
    edited June 2014
    Vynce wrote: »
    Posting in unofficial Destiny thread, which I failed to find via search.

I'll acquiesce. Can you keep the player list going, Furious?

Is there another thread? Anyone playing the game PM me your gametags and I'll add them to the first post

EDIT
    Ahhh, I see you created another thread now, we can get Val to merge them

It looks like some weird fusion of Halo and CoD. Still a pretty game and I'll be playing it. TFO, Reach was not that good looking

Looks like the same engine except now on a next gen console.
  • SesshomaruSesshomaru Joined: Posts: 561
    Destiny wouldnt happened if Bungie didnt lose the Halo rights to MS, Destiny will be ok, but wont ever be as successful as Halo was
  • SNAAAAKESNAAAAKE WHOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!? Joined: Posts: 13,073 ✭✭✭✭✭ OG
    KillaFox said:<br />
    oh i cant wait to buy that yearly season pass for 60 bucks.<br />
    <br />
    <br />
    There is none.

Jokeoverthehead.jpg
    you must defeat my Shen Long to receive the reward

• Pablo_the_MexPablo_the_Mex Blond Kanye Status Joined: Posts: 8,122
    May wait for this to hit the bargain bin.

• janoDXjanoDX Beautiful puppet Joined: Posts: 2,548
    edited June 2014
    Played the Alpha all weekend...

I really like the game, it gives you that sense of exploring the maps, yeah, it's not a whole planet, it's just predetermined parts of maps, but, damn those places are big, It took me 4 hours just to discover all places just from the alpha map. And it's just Russia, I think there will be more places in earth.

Weapons are a little random, just guide by numbers damage and RPM. I feel that the magician is OP, super jumps and grenades are OP on that class.

Overall, I would buy it, still has some issues but it gave me good impressions.

Some Image I took with the share button:
    1907801_10204030349459167_4647238304591898759_o.jpg

10472816_10204030350259187_7464822635666550336_o.jpg

10483815_10204029956569345_1432649559874737286_o.jpg

And a video I took with the share button
    Playing lots of stuff right now.
    Follow me on Twitter!: iamnotjanodx
    PSN: JanoGX
    So for anyone who's played it can you tell me how different it is from Halo?
  • crucadescrucades Its a Kinda Bullshit Joined: Posts: 11,009
    its fun
    "I was fighting from the day I was born!"

-Michael 'The Count' Bisping, Greatest MW Champion of all time
    edited June 2014
    So for anyone who's played it can you tell me how different it is from Halo?

It's better to say that it takes the core Halo gameplay and places it into an online RPG adventure game mold. I get the sense that the basic feel of Halo is to get everyone on board but once you get going you see that it is something more, something special. I'm not even try it to hype it up. This is on my GotY radar barring me ever getting to play Bayonetta.

One thing I don't see anyone talking about are the menus and how easy they are to use. It's all cursor based but it's tight and all the face buttons are being used. Nothing doesn't feel too buried.

Also Hunter class knife throw is awesome. I'm sure once I can get an instant recharge of it after killing an enemy with it I'll love it even more.

PSN: Furrycurry
    edited June 2014
    If I didn't know who Peter Dinklage was I would think he was a terrible voice actor

Destiny is a Playstation exclusive in Japan http://www.kotaku.co.uk/2014/06/17/destiny-playstation-exclusive-japan

Also, Bungie tweeted this

• janoDXjanoDX Beautiful puppet Joined: Posts: 2,548
    I just need more of that Destiny crack... Damn, I need this game now.
    Playing lots of stuff right now.
    Follow me on Twitter!: iamnotjanodx
    PSN: JanoGX
    edited June 2014
    Too bad it's not coming to PC.

It makes no sense. If not at launch maybe later.

edited June 2014
    FurryCurry wrote: »

Hey now, the console peasants have to justify their purchase some how.

Playing in the Alpha, I'm not impressed by the "PvP" or the "PvE".
    Maybe it's cause the game is lacking content, but I hope the millions of dollars put into the game is put into everything you can do in the game. The lack of abilities are hurting, cause I'm hoping for some Mass Effect go ham Adapt Class type shit. Instead, I got me a Halo clone.

Here's hoping that Beta will have more stuff....... and better voice acting.
    Twitter; PozerWolf
    FurryCurry wrote: »

Can't remember the last game Bungie released on PC. Since they are with Activision there is some hope of it appearing on PC future down the line. This game is meant to last for 10 years, so don't hold your breath.
  • Ki ShimaKi Shima This tiger isn't dead.... Joined: Posts: 8,079
    They've said recently they are considering a PC release, which means next year

http://www.computerandvideogames.com/468452/destiny-on-pc-is-a-natural-fit-says-activision-exec/

YES! and given the art style it shouldn't be a problem for a lot of people to get it over 75fps in rift mode

2015 is year of the boner
    "The telephone is virtual reality in that you can meet with someone as if you are together, at least in the auditory sense."

Ray Kurzweil
    Financially speaking it would be stupid not to release on PC. I just assumed it was on PC too when announced.
    edited June 2014
  • HecatomHecatom Aka Black Gorilla (・Д・)ノ Joined: Posts: 22,300
    I really, really hope that we get access to the beta when it comes and more importantly, that our profiles are still there for when the game comes out.
    I'll be honest, i wasn't really that interested on the game (i don't even remember applying for the alpha :rofl:) but after trying the game this weekend i already made my preorder.
    ( •_•) IT'S NOT RAPE,
    ( •_•)>⌐■-■
    IT'S SURPRISE SEX! (⌐■_■)
    YEAAAAAAAAAAHHH!!
    "Orgasm is a simile for the emotional epiphany a woman has when the shame of penetration is eclipsed by the inherent virtue of servicing a man." ~ Kromo.
    ( •_•)
    ( ಠ_ಠ)
    ( ಥ_ಥ)