Destiny - Videogame Thread + SRK Clan SignUp

Comments

• dn3000dn3000 Joined: Posts: 3,478 ✭✭✭✭✭ OG
    hdtv00 wrote: »
    Light 309 for me.

Night falls gave me three exotics today. 2 last week. All 310's. I used no 3 of coins.

Anyone need help raid or otherwise message me or something hdtv00 is my gamertag.

Ill have to add you when i get home. I havnt even done the raid yet. The rng is strong with you i see.....
  • CTGCTG Army of Zero Joined: Posts: 6,163
    edited October 2015
    Sleeper Stimulant is on deck... will post links when I can.

EDIT: Link - http://www.polygon.com/2015/10/7/9469733/destiny-how-to-get-sleeper-simulant-quest
    Post edited by CTG on
    Starhammer wrote: »
    CTG wrote: »

Oh yeah. Fuck you, Vex floating platforms. Sincerely, Starhammer and everybody else who hates that damn mario bros jumping while getting shot at by some of EVERYTHING in massive numbers booshyt. I seriously need to get my hands on an exotic weapon or two. Purple stuff is only good for stopping heartburn in this game.

-Starhammer-

You talking about that story mission in the VOG?

If so, that gave me some trouble at first. I used the sword to pick off the initial Captains that rush. Then ran around sword sniped any Hobgoblins, who are truly the problem in that scenario. After that it's all mop up.

the one called Enthropy's pinnacle. Maybe I've finally gone blind in the mind and it looks (Literally) harder to hit some jumps than they are. That plus those bitch ass captains black balling me everywhere I turn. I am gonna be using sword and Sunbreaker on them bitches now that I've finished up a few quests that ask for either arc or void style.

On that vid, I didn't know about the secrets. I'll be on tomorrow if any of you are down for that and the nightfall this week. This one is gonna be a bitch since you can't use your radar. You'll all have to be sticking together if you want to survive.

-Starhammer-

It doesn't appear unless it's the Daily. I'm glad to help anyone with it next time it's up though.
    Anyone up for trying this tonight?

dn3000 wrote: »
    Anyone up for trying this tonight?

You already know...
  • HecatomHecatom Aka Black Gorilla (・Д・)ノ Joined: Posts: 23,253
    edited October 2015
    This one is gonna be a bitch since you can't use your radar. You'll all have to be sticking together if you want to survive.

Hell no, stay away from each other unless you want to get a surprise stomp by Valus Manuel that kills you and a team mate.
    The nightfall is actually very easy, me and my brother managed to do it just the 2 of us, even when you can't regenerate health you are thougher so you can survive and take cover in many situation that would get you killed.

( •_•) IT'S NOT RAPE,
    ( •_•)>⌐■-■
    IT'S SURPRISE SEX! (⌐■_■)
    YEAAAAAAAAAAHHH!!
    "Orgasm is a simile for the emotional epiphany a woman has when the shame of penetration is eclipsed by the inherent virtue of servicing a man." ~ Kromo.
    ( •_•)
    ( ಠ_ಠ)
    ( ಥ_ಥ)
    edited October 2015
    Is it me or does nightfall doesnt give you as much loot done about six nightfalls no exotics so far.... i get better results with the 3 of coins.

Well, nightfall only does its reward one time per character
    Sleeper Stimulant is on deck... will post links when I can.

EDIT: Link - http://www.polygon.com/2015/10/7/9469733/destiny-how-to-get-sleeper-simulant-quest

HELL FUCKING YEAH!!
    ( •_•) IT'S NOT RAPE,
    ( •_•)>⌐■-■
    YEAAAAAAAAAAHHH!!
    "Orgasm is a simile for the emotional epiphany a woman has when the shame of penetration is eclipsed by the inherent virtue of servicing a man." ~ Kromo.
    ( •_•)
    ( ಠ_ಠ)
    ( ಥ_ಥ)
  • StarhammerStarhammer The Laughing Man of SRK. Joined: Posts: 20,427 ✭✭✭✭✭ OG
    Got my 45th Fragment from Kagoor today. Now to kill some shit and get Touch of Malice

Oho? Kag gives them out too? *Shines up the solar banhammer*

NOTE: My luck with dropped items in videogames is HORRIBLE. If you want to increase your chance of getting goods, have ME on your team. That's one less person you have to worry about saying,"AW YEAH!! GOT DAT OVER 9000 GUN/ARMOR/ASSIST/TRINKET/ETC!!!!!!" Probably get the gjallahorn this time next year.

-Starhammer-
    Always think it's strange when black dudes accuse other black dudes of not being hood enough. Like isn't that a good thing?

AV by Rick Ross.
    anyone want to do the sleeper sim mission now? hit me up GT: DN3000
  • Amazing FunbagsAmazing Funbags The J-Cup Lover Joined: Posts: 17,873
    Got my 45th Fragment from Kagoor today. Now to kill some shit and get Touch of Malice

Oho? Kag gives them out too? *Shines up the solar banhammer*

NOTE: My luck with dropped items in videogames is HORRIBLE. If you want to increase your chance of getting goods, have ME on your team. That's one less person you have to worry about saying,"AW YEAH!! GOT DAT OVER 9000 GUN/ARMOR/ASSIST/TRINKET/ETC!!!!!!" Probably get the gjallahorn this time next year.

-Starhammer-

I got lucky and my randoms knew the fight mechanics after they got smacked by all the Ogres.

Going by the loot table it seems all the good stuff drops from Oryx and Golgoroth.
    Boobologist Ph.D
    Today, I stabbed a man to death........................With a hilt.

movie%20villain%20laugh%20LOL_zpsg0eas6al.gif

-Starhammer-
    Always think it's strange when black dudes accuse other black dudes of not being hood enough. Like isn't that a good thing?

AV by Rick Ross.
    AYO?! wrote: »
    Anybody on the bone add me up, AYO Merc.

291 light now and I want to do raids for exclusive gear and better heroic strike communication. Need to find stuff to bump my light up faster and also to score that sweet swag.

Pulled a Monte Carlo from a heroic strike, I like it a lot but already had to replace it. Need to find an exotic I don't want to get a shard and upgrade it. It handles well for an AR and has little recoil which is my thing.

Got my sword as well, bumped it up to 295 damage. Chose Void just to complete some bounties, I lacked void damage on weapons. Never get drops with that element.

I'll add you breh. Add "Dinosaur Satan".

Love how I've completed the CoO quest 3 times over but received no achievement.
    Boobologist Ph.D
    edited October 2015
    Just earned my Raze-Lighter. B)

Overall we were underleveled: a 293 (me), 291 and 303. Just getting to the cell was a task with our levels and all the void shields. Will have to make sure I buy a Year 2 Truth before I run that again. Thankfully the Solar Knight is the last to come out, so we didn't have to do the entire fight with another Knight shooting at us.

Had a lot fun. Much more rewarding than hoping for a loot drop.

Will the Sleeper Stimulant mission be available tomorrow? Anyone know?
    Shout out to @Spycarnegy for letting me jack his mission lol. I hate doing that dude, but I had previously gotten to the last boss solo and couldn't go through that again. Props for letting me tag with you.

The following mission is a breeze with Raze-Lighter. One-hitter quitters for all three Wizards. If you don't have it, I'd suggest a Void shotgun and something else to take down a Solar shield.

Hoping the Venus mission and Warsats can be done later. Not doing it tonight.
    edited October 2015
    Hecatom wrote: »
    This one is gonna be a bitch since you can't use your radar. You'll all have to be sticking together if you want to survive.

Hell no, stay away from each other unless you want to get a surprise stomp by Valus Manuel that kills you and a team mate.
    The nightfall is actually very easy, me and my brother managed to do it just the 2 of us, even when you can't regenerate health you are thougher so you can survive and take cover in many situation that would get you killed.

Oh? I must needs better training..........................Or at least to hang out with people who are knowledgable withthis mission.

FINALLY got through guardian side of the damn exotic sword mission!!

The following is a message from Starhammer:

I HATE THE CRUCIBLE!!! FUCK ALL OF YOU!!! I ONLY WANTED TO KILL YOU WITH A DAMN SWORD!!! MUST YOU ALL BE SUCH ASSHOLES TO ME?!?!?!?! WHY THE FUCK DID BUNGIE MAKE IT TO WHERE YOU HAVE TO GO THROUGH FUCKING CRUCIBLE WHEN YOU'RE A PERSON WHO DOESN'T EVEN LIKE PVP!?!?!!?!?! FUCK EVERYTHING!! FUCK IT!! FUCK IT ALL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

..................Ahem. I had some difficulty obtaining the required dead people in the required manner, but perserverance and luck saw me through. I'll probably finish off the othre side soon with the runes I have.

EDIT: Oh yeah. Do any of you know what I'm supposed to do after I use the Wormsinger Rune? It looks like the only thing that happens is I make a lever glow, but I know there's got to be more than that.

-Starhammer-

AV by Rick Ross.
  • AYO?!AYO?! Strong Style Hips. Joined: Posts: 19,032

291 light now and I want to do raids for exclusive gear and better heroic strike communication. Need to find stuff to bump my light up faster and also to score that sweet swag.

Pulled a Monte Carlo from a heroic strike, I like it a lot but already had to replace it. Need to find an exotic I don't want to get a shard and upgrade it. It handles well for an AR and has little recoil which is my thing.

Got my sword as well, bumped it up to 295 damage. Chose Void just to complete some bounties, I lacked void damage on weapons. Never get drops with that element.

I got you added, was curious about the name change lol. Let me know when you want to roll out, lot of free time lately.
    PSN tag: AYO_Merc, XBOne: AYO Merc, Steam: AYO_Merc.
    Lover of all things Jojo's, WRRRRY!
    New AV: Savaii64. Former AV's: Streak, LBC, Csp4here, Tuna Fish Riot, goodm0urning, and Aria.
    Just earned my Raze-Lighter. B)

Overall we were underleveled: a 293 (me), 291 and 303. Just getting to the cell was a task with our levels and all the void shields. Will have to make sure I buy a Year 2 Truth before I run that again. Thankfully the Solar Knight is the last to come out, so we didn't have to do the entire fight with another Knight shooting at us.

Had a lot fun. Much more rewarding than hoping for a loot drop.

Will the Sleeper Stimulant mission be available tomorrow? Anyone know?

lol i had to double take reading this... i was in this mission last night with a team of the exact same light levels lol man i never jumped so much during that mission... i rarely landed on the ground except for team mate res and damage to dark blade.... when his damage was low enough we put a wreck on the whole lol of em lol. Walked away with an exotic sword and a double exotic chest drop.... fuck you nightfall.

Im on that mars mission on phobos atm... that shit is gonna make me rage quit. The boss is not hard is all the fucking ads and debuffs that get thrown at you.

Im gonna try the sleeper mission with my warlock later on tonight. You can pretty much nope/speedrun the whole way through (arc rockets for the knights kills em fast).. except for waiting for the fucking warsats.

Oh and yes getting crucible kills with the sword is annoying... especially with a big ass titan... in some matches i had to resort to camping round corners/portals and get hilt kills.
  • SpycarnegySpycarnegy Joined: Posts: 1,320
    Shout out to @Spycarnegy for letting me jack his mission lol. I hate doing that dude, but I had previously gotten to the last boss solo and couldn't go through that again. Props for letting me tag with you.

The following mission is a breeze with Raze-Lighter. One-hitter quitters for all three Wizards. If you don't have it, I'd suggest a Void shotgun and something else to take down a Solar shield.

Hoping the Venus mission and Warsats can be done later. Not doing it tonight.

I figured you needed it too haha. I was trying to message you before you went offline but my kid needed to be changed at the time and he wasn't having any of that wait hold on stuff lol.
    EmblemLord: just block bitch
    EmblemLord: wuts so hard about it

2015 SRK Fantasy Football CHAMP
    edited October 2015
    lol that was quick...

Speaking of exotic swords, yesterday i got my final sword, with this naw i have the 3, :woot:
    Me and my teammates were also under leveled 295, 294 and 298, as per usual the 2 parts that pose more difficult are the place were you fight with the good chunk of taken before the shriekers room and the sunless cell, but we were able to do it at the 1st try, having the other swords certainly helps to dispatch the enemies quickly (on the sunless cell) and having good snipers for the taken room.
    The shriekers room we just run really fast through it ignoring the enemies :bee:

I am planning to give the 3 swords to my warlock and buy 3 swords for the titan and the hunter
    ( •_•) IT'S NOT RAPE,
    ( •_•)>⌐■-■
    YEAAAAAAAAAAHHH!!
    ( •_•)
    ( ಠ_ಠ)
    ( ಥ_ಥ)
  • Fatal Error XIFatal Error XI Now I Just Sit in Silence Joined: Posts: 1,544

Oh and yes getting crucible kills with the sword is annoying... especially with a big ass titan... in some matches i had to resort to camping round corners/portals and get hilt kills.

The struggle is real. I finished my second Exotic sword yesterday. I have Arc and Void. Arc seems like a pvp beast, and Void a pve beast. As a hunter, Blackhole + Dark Drinker is ridiculous, it's the best thing to clear a group of majors.

I found it easier to get ammo-less sword kills with my defender titan with armor of light. I even survive versus a blade dancer lol.

edited October 2015
    For the crucible sword quest part i used the help of my friends and my brother too boost my kills, using the hilt.

goddamn, why is always when i am at the office when i get this kind of news?
    ( •_•) IT'S NOT RAPE,
    ( •_•)>⌐■-■
    YEAAAAAAAAAAHHH!!
    ( •_•)
    ( ಠ_ಠ)
    ( ಥ_ಥ)
    Dont forget to put agility up
    edited October 2015
    Play Mayhem, heavy drops a lot more often. The rest is just flanking.

EDIT: Mayhem is my answer to 90% of the Crucible bounties/quests right now. Unless there's a specific game type requirement, the answer is Mayhem.

I got you added, was curious about the name change lol. Let me know when you want to roll out, lot of free time lately.

Yeah just message me breh.

Of course all this Sleeper Stimulant shit happens when I dedicate a whole day to spending the day at Disneyland with the GF and I'm at school/work for the entire day today =/
    Boobologist Ph.D
  • Fatal Error XIFatal Error XI Now I Just Sit in Silence Joined: Posts: 1,544
    edited October 2015

Of course all this Sleeper Stimulant shit happens when I dedicate a whole day to spending the day at Disneyland with the GF and I'm at school/work for the entire day today =/

Don't sweat it. It's a mediocre weapon. It doesn't live up to the hype.

Really?
    Well, color me (not) surprised that bungie lied to us again, smdh.
    So much for the new Gjallarhorn, at least telesto is still fucking nuts on PvE, plus motherfucking swords.
    ( •_•) IT'S NOT RAPE,
    ( •_•)>⌐■-■
    YEAAAAAAAAAAHHH!!
    ( •_•)
    ( ಠ_ಠ)
    ( ಥ_ಥ)
    Petition for Gjallarhorn year 2 after getting the sleeper... yep i think so...
    Why? All it would wreck are Taken champions. HMGs are far better now.
    Boobologist Ph.D
    Petition for Gjallarhorn year 2 after getting the sleeper... yep i think so...

Gjallarhorn will be the last of the Year 1 exotics to get an upgrade, that is for sure.
    ( •_•) IT'S NOT RAPE,
    ( •_•)>⌐■-■
    YEAAAAAAAAAAHHH!!
    ( •_•)
    ( ಠ_ಠ)
    ( ಥ_ಥ)
    Hecatom wrote: »
    Really?
    Well, color me (not) surprised that bungie lied to us again, smdh.
    So much for the new Gjallarhorn, at least telesto is still fucking nuts on PvE, plus motherfucking swords.

In Bungie's defense, they never said it was the next Gally. They never said the quest for SS was going to be epic. We as a community did all those things. We hyped ourselves up.

In fact, there's more evidence to suggest that SS was never meant be Gally 2.0. Luke Smith is on record as saying a big reason for leaving behind Fatebringer, Gally, VOC, etc was due to them being radically overused. Getting a new Legendary wasn't anything to get excited about b/c you were always going to be using Fatebringer/VOC, Shotgun, and Gally. They weren't going to repeat that by introducing another overpowered heavy.

Besides, Phoenix Uppercut >>>> Gally B)
    Hey how do I get in the SRK clan for Destiny.
    Boobologist Ph.D
    Hey how do I get in the SRK clan for Destiny.

Search for it on Bungie.net, request an invite. Hectom should be able to add you.
    I think that the fault is more on the press, since they were hyping both the quest and the weapon before the release of TTK.
    As for the weapons the problem was never that the weapons were overpowered, it was that they were good while the rest were between meh and stupidly bad.

Just look at the Necrochasm or the HoW PoE exotics, Necrochasman was never and (stil isn't) worthy for all the crap that you had to do, the PoE exotics while cool looking suffer from the incompetent weapon balance that bungie is known for.

Exotics should be really powerful weapons, period, otherwise they are not worth a damn, for example, no one will waste their exotic slot on weapons like Boolean Gemini or Jade Rabbit, not because they are bad but because they as exotics are not worthy, i would even say the same for Black Spindle seeing as is only the post nerf Black Hammer but now it takes an exotic slot.

Legendaries should be powerful weapons or at least weapons that can work on specific situations or offer perks that are desirable.
    The reason why weapons like VoC, FB, FoIY, BH were the most used was because not other legendary was worth a damn for the lack of Elemental damage or because their weapon class was simply useless before the patch. Like every high fire rate auto rifle. Or the fusion rifles after the nerf.
    Or how only a few shotguns with specific perks were useful simply because the risk reward ratio was heavily skewed. Even now that they have been nerfed (once again) i still hear a lot of scrubs complaining about them, it is people like that that are also at fault that there wasn't enough weapon variety, those stupid asses complain so much that bungie ends nerfing what doesn't need to, which leads to situations like pre TTK patch, were cruicible was only specific hand canons and specific shotguns/sniper rifles.

Also, as a FG player you should already know, players will always gravitate toward the best options, and as long as there is asymethrical balance there will always be weapons that will be better

Side note
    Right now i have an Omolon hand canon that is Fatebringer 2.0, is practically the same weapon in everything, but due the patch changes its effectivenes is not the same.
    ( •_•) IT'S NOT RAPE,
    ( •_•)>⌐■-■
    YEAAAAAAAAAAHHH!!
    ( •_•)
    ( ಠ_ಠ)
    ( ಥ_ಥ)
  • XthAtGAm3RGuYXXthAtGAm3RGuYX SRK's ResidentSleeper Joined: Posts: 11,893
    I think every once in awhile they should have an entire week where you can equip as many exotics as you want, and all the activities are obnoxiously hard. Next DLC they should allow two exotics at once.
    Unchallenged owner of worst user name on SRK
    so what are they gonna do with etheric light?
  • chadouken!chadouken! less < more Joined: Posts: 5,078
    edited October 2015
    I disagree about the Jade Rabbit @Hecatom

It's my new favorite exotic. You never have to reload and never run out of ammo, and it's a scout rifle that hits like a hand cannon, but at range. I even use it to DPS bosses in many situations because the sustained damage without reloading is incredible.

But I agree with everything else you said.
    po pimpus wrote: »
    Yes, I'm still pissed. Yes, go fuck yourself Darkfaggotasshole.
    edited October 2015
    Well, finally at the last part of the sword quest. If anybody else is trying to get in to meet the swordbearer tomorrow, I'll help out.

EDIT: Also just charged up the ol' Agonarch rune. Anybody wanting to get down with that, You know what's up. In case It hasn't been mentioned already, PSN tag is Deadly Raver. Do NOT wait to until you see the whites of their eyes.

-Starhammer-

AV by Rick Ross.
    so what are they gonna do with etheric light?

Jack Shit.

I really should trade my Ascendant Shards for Glimmer
    Boobologist Ph.D