Destiny - Videogame Thread + SRK Clan SignUp

Comments

• YannickYannick Max Range Panta Rhei Joined: Posts: 4,464
    I think the frustration from SRL was due to people using the TTK sparrows. The long sparrows with the wonky center of gravity. It's all about the vanilla sparrows, man. If you got a Red Bull sparrow from the quest just before last year's SRL, that's the best one to use.
    The Sunset Studio // Destiny: Rise of Iron, Fighters, Development, Mechanics, Strategy, Media.
  • GreyFoxxGreyFoxx R.I.P Brother. Joined: Posts: 4,382
    I used the Swiftriver and sometimes one of the others. I heard the raid sparrows with the boost was a pro and con since if you boosted too much Boom.
  • StarhammerStarhammer The Laughing Man of SRK. Joined: Posts: 19,722 ✭✭✭✭✭ OG
    edited January 4
    Yannick wrote: »
    I think the frustration from SRL was due to people using the TTK sparrows. The long sparrows with the wonky center of gravity. It's all about the vanilla sparrows, man. If you got a Red Bull sparrow from the quest just before last year's SRL, that's the best one to use.

I think you're right. I know TTK sparrows are cat shit for anything.

Ironically, I did end up getting the disco speeder in the end. I now realize that I should've kept running over people because now I don't have all those armor pieces that I wanted and need. I think now the only way to get them is buying the boxes. Not a big fan of pay to play, so I'm going to be going in guns hot on Thursday for Nightfall. If you PS4 peeps need an extra assassin, You know who to call.
    ..................Somebody who's good at the game because I still suck. :rofl: Nah, I'll be on and out to finish multiple stages, so if you need me, Add deadlyraver on PSN.

EDIT: I forgot. Destiny resets on Tuesdays. :

-Starhammer-
    Always think it's strange when black dudes accuse other black dudes of not being hood enough. Like isn't that a good thing?

AV by Rick Ross.
    Boxes are still here, so don't worry. One a week from heroics.
    The Sunset Studio // Destiny: Rise of Iron, Fighters, Development, Mechanics, Strategy, Media.
    Boxes are still here, so don't worry. One a week from heroics.

yep. Got the whole thing today. :tup: Probably gonna chill now and wait until something new hits. I still don't have the iceBreaker yet, but it'll wait.

-Starhammer-
    Always think it's strange when black dudes accuse other black dudes of not being hood enough. Like isn't that a good thing?

AV by Rick Ross.
    The time has come once again to heed the Banner's call...

...AND THEY'RE STILL NOT SELLING THE FRIGGIN HAND CANNON

COME ON EFRIDEET

COME ON
    Oh shit son? It's back? might check it.

-Starhammer-

AV by Rick Ross.
    This is one of the easiest Banners yet. Get into a fireteam and proceed to lay all types of pipe. The carnage is real.
  • WeeabooWeeaboo The Dream is dead. . . Joined: Posts: 1,344
    edited January 20
    The Jade Rabbit is finally growing on me, never was a huge fan of scout rifles & with this Iron Banner I finally found a sidearm I like other than The Trespasser
    edited January 20
    If you like sidearms, check out The Wormwood from the GOAT faction Future War Cult.
    If you like sidearms, check out The Wormwood from the GOAT faction Future War Cult.

wormwood eh? I'll have to switch to fwc again tho. Might jump in and lay into some IB.

-Starhammer-

AV by Rick Ross.
    Such a lucrative Iron Banner (BUT STILL NO FKING HAND CANNON)

I needed every last heavy drop I got. I think I've mostly infused all the weapons I ever plan on using. Very happy with my haul this time around.
  • HecatomHecatom Aka Black Gorilla (・Д・)ノ Joined: Posts: 22,277

200w.gif

( •_•) IT'S NOT RAPE,
    ( •_•)>⌐■-■
    IT'S SURPRISE SEX! (⌐■_■)
    YEAAAAAAAAAAHHH!!
    "Orgasm is a simile for the emotional epiphany a woman has when the shame of penetration is eclipsed by the inherent virtue of servicing a man." ~ Kromo.
    ( •_•)
    ( ಠ_ಠ)
    ( ಥ_ಥ)
    edited February 16
    So how everybody liking that new meta
    in The Crucible?

>:)
    Weeaboo wrote: »
    in The Crucible?

I abandoned destiny long ago, there is zero reason for me to be bothering with the game if nothing carries over.
    Plus i have other games that came out or are coming that keep me busy.
    Now, imo, most of the changes are idiotic at best, they insist on nerfing by weapon class in a way that would make capcom proud with how garbagestic their balance changes are.
    ( •_•) IT'S NOT RAPE,
    ( •_•)>⌐■-■
    YEAAAAAAAAAAHHH!!
    "Orgasm is a simile for the emotional epiphany a woman has when the shame of penetration is eclipsed by the inherent virtue of servicing a man." ~ Kromo.
    ( •_•)
    ( ಠ_ಠ)
    ( ಥ_ಥ)
  • chadouken!chadouken! less < more Joined: Posts: 4,780
    I still play Destiny just to hang out with friends who don't live near me. I got it for my brother this Christmas because I was moving and it's a means to talk to him on the reg. It's pretty fun taking him through raids for hid first time, just to experience the cool mechanics. But yeah, I finally got Ice Breaker last night and it's fun to use with Solar Burn, but I'm not in it for the gear anymore. Just having fun shooting shit.

That said, the new balances are kinda garbage. Especially Truth only holding one in the tube and the healing nerfs that "accidentally" got put in across the board. Red Death's best perk is gone so it's hardly worth using in PVE anymore. Dumb.
    This SRK nonsense will never stop.
    -jimmy1200, unbanned
    Hecatom wrote: »
    Weeaboo wrote: »
    in The Crucible?

I abandoned destiny long ago, there is zero reason for me to be bothering with the game if nothing carries over.
    Plus i have other games that came out or are coming that keep me busy.
    Now, imo, most of the changes are idiotic at best, they insist on nerfing by weapon class in a way that would make capcom proud with how garbagestic their balance changes are.

one of the things I miss about Destiny is Hecatom's friends on the mic going off on something in spanish. :rofl: I don't know what the hell happened that one time, but they were laying hell across the mic. I know it was me, hec, and some other guy on a nightfall, but his friends were raging about something. I can't remember if they were angry or whatever, but it was funny. I think we were up against the flayers that time.

One thing I'm glad for is that Fusions didn't become the new meta. Speaking of which, am I the only ignoramus who does not know what a meta is or why it matters? As far as I'm concerned, I pick what I like, then make it work against what I don't.

-Starhammer-

AV by Rick Ross.
    I am really enjoying the new changes.

They look shitty on paper, but the Crucible is a much better place to do business now. Even absolutely horrendous maps like Crossroads are becoming much more fun to play. If anything, these changes are really exposing everyone's terrible primary game and it makes fusing hilariously easy. If you're on the fence about Crucible and haven't tried it, I would recommend it.
    Starhammer wrote: »
    Speaking of which, am I the only ignoramus who does not know what a meta is or why it matters? As far as I'm concerned, I pick what I like, then make it work against what I don't.

-Starhammer-

As I've gotten older and games have gotten increasingly more ridiculous (especially games that don't expect you to take them seriously), I've come to the conclusion that metas aren't as entirely impactful as they used to be. Specialize and do your homework, and yeah, you'll have some bad matchups, but as long as you're not using something ass-tier, you'll do just fine.
    I haven't tried PvP yet, but I imagine it's probably better. I wish all the changes wouldn't carry over to both game modes. It really fucking sucks when shit gets nerfed for PvE because it's imbalanced in the crucible.
    -jimmy1200, unbanned
  • ZazzariusZazzarius Shaaaaaaaa! Joined: Posts: 2,303 ✭✭✭✭✭ OG
    I think I'll have to try out the new changes.

If only because I need a few more wins to wrap up my year 3 achievement book.
    "Amidst the mists and fiercest frosts,
    with barest wrists and stoutest boasts,
    he thrusts his fists against the posts,
    and still insists he sees the ghosts."
    I just...

I just need this one hand cannon roll...

-sniff-

Destiny pls...

-sniff-

-sniff-
  • CTGCTG Army of Zero Joined: Posts: 6,094
    It's official - character resets for Destiny 2:
    https://www.bungie.net/en/News/Article/45708/7_The-Road-Ahead

So glad I stopped putting time into this game. I'll go through the Rise of Iron story since I did end up buying that, but I'm done afterwards. I'll consider Destiny 2 if I see good things from it and most of all if I'm convinced Bungie has gotten the formula right. I've said it for years - Bungie wanted to make an MMO w/o putting in the work to make an MMO. Instead we got a Borderlands style loot shooter w/ it's story hidden in an app instead of the actual game.
    Well, it was fun while it lasted. . .
    edited March 9
    Big update on March 28 called Age of Triumph will bring all raids up to 390 with a weekly raid challenge. Apparently Atheon will be the hardest challenge. Elemental primaries and Vex Mythoclast are coming back.

https://www.google.com/amp/www.theverge.com/platform/amp/2017/3/8/14856840/destiny-old-raids-age-of-triumph-vault-of-glass-record-book
    -jimmy1200, unbanned
  • jae hoonjae hoon Flames of Justice Joined: Posts: 12,219 ✭✭✭✭✭ OG
    I quit Destiny awhile ago, it sucks to because I ran like half this group through the first 2 instances and showed them all the tricks and how to Warlock, but Bungie has no idea wtf it was doing with this game.
    SRK Kobrai Kai - Kickin bitches in the face since 2001
    edited March 9
    chadouken! wrote: »
    Big update on March 28 called Age of Triumph will bring all raids up to 390 with a weekly raid challenge. Apparently Atheon will be the hardest challenge. Elemental primaries and Vex Mythoclast are coming back.

https://www.google.com/amp/www.theverge.com/platform/amp/2017/3/8/14856840/destiny-old-raids-age-of-triumph-vault-of-glass-record-book

No point in playing anything of that if the characters and loot reset on Destiny 2.
    TBH, i am not really interested in getting Destiny2 either since the whole reason of why i got into Destiny in the first place was to avoid that kind of shit.
    ( •_•) IT'S NOT RAPE,
    ( •_•)>⌐■-■
    YEAAAAAAAAAAHHH!!
    ( •_•)
    ( ಠ_ಠ)
    ( ಥ_ಥ)
    That is part of the reason as well, season 2 was essentially a soft boot and I had to regrind all over.
    I'll be giving Atheon a last go of it. My brother just got the game for Christmas so it'll be fun to do some challenging stuff with him. I still remember my first time through VoG @jae hoon Good times!
    -jimmy1200, unbanned
    I'll be giving Atheon a last go of it. My brother just got the game for Christmas so it'll be fun to do some challenging stuff with him. I still remember my first time through VoG @jae hoon Good times!

I'm so far behind now there wouldn't even be a point to going back lol.
  • EffenhoogEffenhoog fish are friends Joined: Posts: 1,511
    I just got back into the game last week after basically not playing Rise of Iron at all and am already up to 391 light, with the current leveling system it's pretty easy to get caught up. I actually just did it on a whim but with this new announcement it might actually be worthwhile since I was wanting to play the old raids again, especially vault of glass. Still haven't touched the most recent raid either
    They call me Gamma Ray because I'm Forward Back Forward Back Down-Back Down Down-Forward Forward Hard Slash
  • dn3000dn3000 Joined: Posts: 3,320 ✭✭✭✭✭ OG
    I'll have a look back once the updates come around. I played a couple of weeks ago and was bored silly... once i fill out the book ill wait for destiny 2. Not looking forward to vault juggling again. I guess ill replace my old vog gear and weapons with the new light level ones i guess....
    jae hoon wrote: »

I'm so far behind now there wouldn't even be a point to going back lol.

Same. I only finished the TTK campaign and raid with my Hunter. Haven't touched the game since.
    I'm interested to see an adjusted Crota's End. Out of all the raids, this one definitely had the most potential, but fell the shortest. Atheon challenge mode sounds like it has the makings of a difficult encounter, which I haven't seen in a while.

And I might finally get Foil to drop after three years!

Destiny pls
  • regulateregulate Bruv of bruvs Joined: Posts: 6,418 ✭✭✭✭✭ OG
    I actually want to do a raid and trials for once.
    Never forget:
    Boel wrote: »
    phantom angel the kinda guy that eats a roll of dental floss so that he can slowly come to a shuddering climax as he pulls it out his ass

hmmm. Now we gotta rerun the old raids? I have a feeling I'll be getting a lot of harddrive space soon.

-Starhammer-

AV by Rick Ross.
    More vault space will be available in Destiny 2 as paid dlc.
    Sometimes I think you guys are storing actual people in your vaults.
    Don't count with more vault space any time soon.
    It seems that the vault was programmed by hindu monkeys since increasing it would be a real hustle. It seems that it was implemented in a really idiotic way that it will be only corrected with Destiny 2.
    ( •_•) IT'S NOT RAPE,
    ( •_•)>⌐■-■
    YEAAAAAAAAAAHHH!!
    ( •_•)
    ( ಠ_ಠ)
    ( ಥ_ಥ)
    edited March 23
    -jimmy1200, unbanned
  • regulateregulate Bruv of bruvs Joined: Posts: 6,418 ✭✭✭✭✭ OG
    Where my hunter tho? Helmets? New factions?
    Never forget:
    Boel wrote: »
    phantom angel the kinda guy that eats a roll of dental floss so that he can slowly come to a shuddering climax as he pulls it out his ass

Scrotum!
    -jimmy1200, unbanned
    Hopefully they've been saving the better gear designs for the sequel. The latest gear I've been seeing from streams and photos looks goofy as hell.
  • KwheelieKwheelie U know how we do.. Joined: Posts: 438
    Man a Cayde and Deadpool film would be the shit...
    edited March 30

GAMEPLAY REVEAL MAY 18
    PC CONFIRMED

https://www.bungie.net/

One thing that's REALLY interesting is the lack of helmets thus far in all the promotional stuff and now the trailer. I'm wondering if that's part of the emphasis on story they've said they want to do.
    IGN's Destiny team is still annoying as ever.
    caydepool ftw
  • p.m novaroad pilotp.m novaroad pilot Joined: Posts: 2,486
    if they start over im fine
    this game had too many fucking patches and essentially ruined
    I got cool footage of me destroying shit in the beginning but after TTK it got stupid AF
    al the raw weapons got nerfed to shit
    the best exotic was in vault of glass and the game generally just wasnt worth the grind
    but thats how most games eventually end up cause of overpatching

destiny 2 should be a fresh start
    if not ill pass
  • J-rideJ-ride OG Member Joined: Posts: 2,135 ✭✭✭✭✭ OG
    I may play on PC depending on how hack friendly it is, I am not grinding out 500+ hours for the good shit though, fuck that I have a life to live.
    Woman was created for our destruction, and it is from her we inherit all of our miseries.

Aramis from The Three Musketeers