Destiny - Videogame Thread + SRK Clan SignUp

Comments

• chadouken!chadouken! less < more Joined: Posts: 5,222
    They crammed specials and heavy into the same slot except for side arms. So now your third slot has to pick from shotguns, snipers, launchers, fusion rifles, swords, and machine guns.
    I have yet to see a machine gun in the Power slot in Destiny 2.
    po pimpus wrote: »
    Yes, I'm still pissed. Yes, go fuck yourself Darkfaggotasshole.
  • dn3000dn3000 Joined: Posts: 3,518 ✭✭✭✭✭ OG
    Last trails game i played we nearly got flawless.. just got beaten out by very close game. Still got some nice weapons - the shotgun, sniper and auto rifle (very good gun!). Its all now about scout rifles and team shots. Im also slowly leveling up my 3rd character - warlock. Its much easier with hand me downs from my other characters. Just need to finish the story mode and im set. You level up so quick with heroic public events.
  • S00perCamS00perCam Cold as ice Joined: Posts: 2,460
    jae hoon wrote: »
    Supposedly you get a guaranteed exotic engram drop for every 20 public events you complete.

Bullshit. I've had 2 Exotic Engrams drop for me the entire game.

You can get an exotic per hour roughly by doing this, treasure map + fireteam medal. Both increase drop rate and rarity and stack with each other. Do public events and make them heroic which further increases drop rate and rarity.
    Just because your buff, don't play tuff Cause I'll reverse the earth and turn your flesh back to dust
  • GreyFoxxGreyFoxx R.I.P Brother. Joined: Posts: 4,508
    Starhammer wrote: »
    GreyFoxx wrote: »
    Ran with @Starhammer one time. Man us 2 manning the NF was SRK buddy bros at it's finest. Also F that Orge eye beam business! Finally got to 271 but all my legendary are pooping at 265 SOB!

CRAP! That was you! the Bond brothers nightfall where the other guy bailed? :rofl: Man, that was one of the best runs I ever did. :tup: come to think of it, the only one that tops it was the Aksys raid where me and some other guys carried a friend of theirs through. This one chick kept getting us killed though. Everytime Aksys showed up, she was like,"Ya'll quit shooting my baby daddy!!" I'm standing there flat-footed laughing my ass off and getting murked. :rofl:

-Starhammer-
    chadouken! wrote: »
    Xur is here and he's selling Merciless, an exotic heavy fusion rifle. Meh. Why would you waste your exotic weapon slot on a heavy? I'll pass.

um, A heavy fusion rifle? Is this a new type, or did they move all fusions to heavy? man I used to mess up people with the fusion in crucible. FUCK YO' SHOTGUN!! Zhrreeeeeeeeeeeee- BLAM!! in the face. Would be a shame if all the fusions are heavy tho. that and Thorn were the reason why I hardly ever even used heavy weapons outside of a sword.

btw, do the swords still run out of ammo? if they do.........................

KuTyuw9.gif

-Starhammer-

Yep good times and man those guys dropping out missed out on some good fun no matter what lol.
  • HNIC MikeHNIC Mike Joined: Posts: 10,669
    So howd you guys feel about the raid? Seeing a lot of complaints where people are finding different ways of saying its too hard.
    I made it to the Emperor and we almost killed him but too many people went down. Gonna try again tonight before reset. It's not too bad as long as people follow directions and don't fuck up. Definitely not the hardest raid so far.
  • CTGCTG Army of Zero Joined: Posts: 6,239
    I'm still super early in the game - haven't even gone to Titan for that mission yet. Decided to level a Warlock first since I played so much Hunter and Titan on D1.

But back to what someone said earlier about people being burned on D1 so not hype for D2. THAT'S ME.

I enjoy the game, but I doubt I'm gonna be going ham like I did in D1. Between that, my month old daughter, and a super time consuming project at work, earliest I'll be raid ready is probably end of October lol.
    @CTG me and my homie had like a 2hour discussion on this yesterday the game is kinda designed for people like you in mind. The game is purposely sparse on content so that way the time sink doesn't get ridiculous raid ready in a month is not bad compared to most mmos where raid ready means 90 days and that's 90 days grinding 6 hours a day and moderate rng luck. Its much more front loaded and diminishing returns kicks in much sooner than in other mmos.
    Just because your buff, don't play tuff Cause I'll reverse the earth and turn your flesh back to dust
  • Phantom AngelPhantom Angel The Divine One™ Joined: Posts: 27,545
    S00perCam wrote: »
    Supposedly you get a guaranteed exotic engram drop for every 20 public events you complete.

Bullshit. I've had 2 Exotic Engrams drop for me the entire game.

You can get an exotic per hour roughly by doing this, treasure map + fireteam medal. Both increase drop rate and rarity and stack with each other. Do public events and make them heroic which further increases drop rate and rarity.

I do all of this. Exotic drop rates aren't anywhere near 1 an hour no matter what method you use.
    "Old enough to know better, Young enough to not give a fuck"

R.I.P. YusukeUrameshi aka Yusuke_The_Detective
    I made it to the Emperor and we almost killed him but too many people went down. Gonna try again tonight before reset. It's not too bad as long as people follow directions and don't fuck up. Definitely not the hardest raid so far.

Yea i didnt think it was bad. Its just learning the mechanics. Solid planning. Communication.

Theres spots you can stand in Calus room where he cant laser you and the ads get funneled. The way we did it was to have a guy in charge of killing a psion on each side and the third guy only worries about ads.
    HNIC Mike wrote: »

Yea i didnt think it was bad. Its just learning the mechanics. Solid planning. Communication.

Theres spots you can stand in Calus room where he cant laser you and the ads get funneled. The way we did it was to have a guy in charge of killing a psion on each side and the third guy only worries about ads.

That's what we were doing, but one of our guys kept fucking up in the dark dimension. He kept letting one of the small psions throw a grenade at him and he'd get sucked in- I think he was a little crunk. Tonight we're going to try and keep four guys in the dark dimension to max out skulls. If we can get over 100+ I think we can kill the Emperor in one round.
    edited September 18

That's what we were doing, but one of our guys kept fucking up in the dark dimension. He kept letting one of the small psions throw a grenade at him and he'd get sucked in- I think he was a little crunk. Tonight we're going to try and keep four guys in the dark dimension to max out skulls. If we can get over 100+ I think we can kill the Emperor in one round.

Tell them to hit the grounded psions first. Its also very helpful if the dimension team all has seeker grenades of some kind for when the grounded psions have cover. They sometimes immediately shoot that purple attack that launches as soon as they spawn. We also tried to have diagonal coverage. Right side guy shoots left side and vice versa but sometimes the psion picks the outside angle for cover making that shot impossible.

I dunno that id try 4 in the dark. The calus team is going to need really high power levels to check all those ads.
    Im getting my ps4 account raid ready as soon as i hit my reset stuff. I need more people to play with regularly.
    edited September 18
    I tried to emphasize to shoot the small psions first, he just kept fucking it up. We had an order for who calls out their symbol first. So I would look for the symbol to change, then start sliding up to the next barrier, call out my symbol and shoot my Psion as it spawns. I used Nameless Midnight and had no issues, but motherfucker kept missing his and getting launched, lol. I think was more that it was late and he was "tired."

We'll give the four in the dark a couple tries for shits and giggles. I'm sure more strategies are going to drop in the next couple weeks.
    Im getting my ps4 account raid ready as soon as i hit my reset stuff. I need more people to play with regularly.

What's your PSN tag? I'm DahcDerron feel free to add me if we're not already friends.

What's your PSN tag? I'm DahcDerron feel free to add me if we're not already friends.

We're not. I barely touch my ps4 except for sfv. My tag is

FatMike_83

I think. Anyway i wont be on there till Wednesday
  • regulateregulate Bruv of bruvs Joined: Posts: 6,553 ✭✭✭✭✭ OG
    You bruvs add me: Regschall

need a raid group for that bawse calus' selected shader
    Never forget:
    Boel wrote: »
    phantom angel the kinda guy that eats a roll of dental floss so that he can slowly come to a shuddering climax as he pulls it out his ass

I thought titans were damn boring in D1. I got one to lvl20 and deleted it. They look fun as shit now with the Cap shield and new foh
  • IdunoIduno ...what to put here Joined: Posts: 5,412
    I don't play a massive amount because of other hobbies and a commitment to not let Destiny put my entire backlog on pause this time but I'm Istillduno on PSN if anyone wants to add me.
    “It's now very common to hear people say, 'I'm rather offended by that.' As if that gives them certain rights. It's actually nothing more... than a whine. 'I find that offensive.' It has no meaning; it has no purpose; it has no reason to be respected as a phrase. 'I am offended by that.' Well, so ****ing what."
    -Stephen Fry

"I know crackheads that could sneak into a house better than an 8th century shinobi."
    -Jimmy1200
  • GreyFoxxGreyFoxx R.I.P Brother. Joined: Posts: 4,508
    I'm setting on about 273 PL and all my engrams gave been slowly decrypting to 266. Any suggestions on hitting higher lvls? My exotics quest rewards are pretty much what boost me and lacking in certain parts. Slowly lvling up my hunter and probably do my titan as well. Thanks bros!
    I'm setting on about 273 PL and all my engrams gave been slowly decrypting to 266. Any suggestions on hitting higher lvls? My exotics quest rewards are pretty much what boost me and lacking in certain parts. Slowly lvling up my hunter and probably do my titan as well. Thanks bros!

Do all your Milestones for the week- it gives you "powerful gear" that drops higher than your light level.
  • Citrus_monkeyCitrus_monkey Joined: Posts: 2,042
    I've played like 43 crucible games, still only won 15.

I'd be ok with it had it been my fault....but I've been first player for like 90% of those games.

The server gods are not with me.

I'd be ok with it had it been my fault....but I've been first player for like 90% of those games.

I play a lot of pvp. Game constantly matches you to 4 man teams.

Roll another character of the same class once you hit 20 throw all your best gear on the new character. You get about 8 free powered gear quests once you hit 20 and beat the campaign do these quests with the high level gear on. I would also recommend doing your exotic quests on your secondary as well as it seems quest exotics are guaranteed to drop at higher light level as well. If you want you can do this as much as you like. Also don't forget to grab class exotics from xur for the classes you haven't rolled yet. Between your high level guns and whatever you get for the other classes they should start at a pretty high light when they turn 20. The most I've heard of someone raising level like this is 3 times to get in the 290 range which is near the current 305 cap
  • jae hoonjae hoon Flames of Justice Joined: Posts: 13,113 ✭✭✭✭✭ OG
    Prestige nightfall is bugged and it is recommended you not try it at the moment.
    SRK Kobrai Kai - Kickin bitches in the face since 2001
    Prestige nightfall is bugged and it is recommended you not try it at the moment.
    Fuck that disappearing ass bitch and a timer.

I play a lot of pvp. Game constantly matches you to 4 man teams.

It really does. Though for the most part I keep getting that one player that has like 3 kills and 1 capture.

Also, for me I saved the midas multi tool and rat king quests till I hit 270; currently working on rat king but the multi tool decoded at like 284 and bumped up my pl to 274. After that, all my blue and purple engrams have decided at 267.

Also, fuck the graviton lance. After using it extensively in PvP and pve, I've come to the conclusion that it sucks. The 3rd shots damage does NOT make up for the other two.
    edited September 19
    Gravaton Lance is shit, one of the worst exotics in the game. Nightshade is a much better PvP pulse rifle. I just got the wardcliff coil, Raid here I come.
    edited September 19
    Really sucks too, because it looks damn fucking cool.
    I haven't found any of my exotics to be that great in crucible actually. Midas multi tool is good, as it always has been...but I wan't to use a new exotic this time around.

I've tried making the tractor cannon work, but this ain't overwatch and there's barely anywhere to boop players out of the map. It's good for crowd control in nightfall and I assume the raid(haven't done it yet)

Btw if any of you guys run into the salmon spankers anonymous clan, say hi. Cuz das meeeee
    I haven't found any of my exotics to be that great in crucible actually. Midas multi tool is good, as it always has been...but I wan't to use a new exotic this time around.

I've tried making the tractor cannon work, but this ain't overwatch and there's barely anywhere to boop players out of the map. It's good for crowd control in nightfall and I assume the raid(haven't done it yet)

Btw if any of you guys run into the salmon spankers anonymous clan, say hi. Cuz das meeeee

The exotics dont match the archetypes of the good pvp weapons for kinetic and primary. Except for Vigilance Wing

Right now its ARs and scouts. Dunno about any of the smgs or side arms. Good pvp ARs are the 450rpm type. Uriels gift, orgin story etc. The good scouts are like Mida with 180-200rpm. The fast fire pulse rifles are decent too but at specific ranges.
  • SF09ersSF09ers #1 Daigo Fan Joined: Posts: 842

Roll another character of the same class once you hit 20 throw all your best gear on the new character. You get about 8 free powered gear quests once you hit 20 and beat the campaign do these quests with the high level gear on. I would also recommend doing your exotic quests on your secondary as well as it seems quest exotics are guaranteed to drop at higher light level as well. If you want you can do this as much as you like. Also don't forget to grab class exotics from xur for the classes you haven't rolled yet. Between your high level guns and whatever you get for the other classes they should start at a pretty high light when they turn 20. The most I've heard of someone raising level like this is 3 times to get in the 290 range which is near the current 305 cap

Didn't they nerf this strat? I heard if its the same class the powerful gear will just be a regular old legendary engram the second time through.
    Save all your tokens and wait till you get milestones and/or legendaries; boost your PL with those and then use your tokens to decrypt at higher levels. It's really straightforward.

Just do all your milestones and make sure you're in a clan. I'm at 282 now and I've averaged maybe an hour or two at most a day since release.

If you have or want higher PL...you have way too much time.
    SF09ers wrote: »

Didn't they nerf this strat? I heard if its the same class the powerful gear will just be a regular old legendary engram the second time through.
    Well thats possible we did just have a reset and an update. Im at 16 on my secondary and have maybe 5-6 campaign missions left. i should be able to let you know for sure by tonight. At any rate nothing is stopping you from throwing Xur gear exotics and your high light level guns on to a new class still starting them with a much higher light level. so long as you farm legendaries allowing the rest of your gear to catch up to the higher level stuff before you run your powered gear quests, your second character will be a higher level than the first unless you managed to clear nightfall and Raid.
    They nerfed the gain on multiple characters of the same class and buffed gains on different classes to encourage cross class play.
  • Amazing FunbagsAmazing Funbags The J-Cup Lover Joined: Posts: 17,888

The exotics dont match the archetypes of the good pvp weapons for kinetic and primary. Except for Vigilance Wing

Right now its ARs and scouts. Dunno about any of the smgs or side arms.

Last Hope(?) I think is really good. I regret sharding mine
    Boobologist Ph.D
  • HecatomHecatom Aka Black Gorilla (・Д・)ノ Joined: Posts: 23,787

Right now its ARs and scouts. Dunno about any of the smgs or side arms.

Last Hope(?) I think is really good. I regret sharding mine

Last hope is really good imo, really solid weapon.
    ( •_•) IT'S NOT RAPE,
    ( •_•)>⌐■-■
    IT'S SURPRISE SEX! (⌐■_■)
    YEAAAAAAAAAAHHH!!
    "Orgasm is a simile for the emotional epiphany a woman has when the shame of penetration is eclipsed by the inherent virtue of servicing a man." ~ Kromo.
    ( •_•)
    ( ಠ_ಠ)
    ( ಥ_ಥ)
    Yeah last hope and the vanguard version last dance or something are both good side arms.
    Currently power leveling a ps4 character from scratch.

Ive only completed the main campaign missions and looted all lost sectors/region chests. Havent talked to any tower vendors or world vendors. At 225

Next step is adventures to try and push to 265. We'll see how that goes
  • regulateregulate Bruv of bruvs Joined: Posts: 6,553 ✭✭✭✭✭ OG
    youll get there.

Also, FACTION RALLY BRUVS.

ALL HAIL THE FWC!!

hqdefault.jpg
    Never forget:
    Boel wrote: »
    phantom angel the kinda guy that eats a roll of dental floss so that he can slowly come to a shuddering climax as he pulls it out his ass

• SF09ersSF09ers #1 Daigo Fan Joined: Posts: 842
    Got the Trials Auto Rifle holy shit this thing just melts people. I hope it never gets nerfed.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file