Destiny - Videogame Thread + SRK Clan SignUp

Comments

• WeeabooWeeaboo The Dream is dead. . . Joined: Posts: 1,409
    Dead Orbit?
  • HNIC MikeHNIC Mike Joined: Posts: 10,367
    edited September 23
    Ok got my ps4 up to 268 and i havent done mida/sturm/rat king quests. Almost ready for some endgame.

Having played all 3 classes up to near endgame i think hunter is the worst class by a wide margin. Only things going for the class are celestial nighthawk and orpheus rig and those are both very situational. Extremely good in those situations but the utility is lacking elsewhere.

Gold Gun is good in pvp but i think the other 2 classes have better roaming supers and shutdown supers.
  • regulateregulate Bruv of bruvs Joined: Posts: 6,528 ✭✭✭✭✭ OG
    I made a clan, since i think the srk one is dormant:

https://www.bungie.net/en/ClanV2?groupid=2625307

Join up!
    Never forget:
    Boel wrote: »
    phantom angel the kinda guy that eats a roll of dental floss so that he can slowly come to a shuddering climax as he pulls it out his ass

• S00perCamS00perCam Cold as ice Joined: Posts: 2,442
    I have a clan but feel free to add me yungkratos on xbl
    Just because your buff, don't play tuff Cause I'll reverse the earth and turn your flesh back to dust
  • dn3000dn3000 Joined: Posts: 3,488 ✭✭✭✭✭ OG
    Weeaboo wrote: »
    Dead Orbit?

Everyone is gonna join Dead orbit.. with FWC 2nd and New monarchy 3rd.
  • WeeabooWeeaboo The Dream is dead. . . Joined: Posts: 1,409
    Lol I thought so, like if Factions are coming back you know people are gonna be all over Dead Orbit.
  • chadouken!chadouken! less < more Joined: Posts: 5,092
    Hey guys, my clan is called Boots n Pants. Feel free to join up if you want. We have about 40 members and we're pretty active. Members are already seeing the benefits from having other members complete the raid and Trials. Hawthorn keeps giving out loot every week (level 10 raid and Trials gear that you can infuse). Everyone is pretty friendly, and we have beginners and veterans and everyone in between.

If you're interested, my PSN ID is DahcDerron. Find me online or through the companion app and send a request, or just let me know here and I'll send an invite.
    po pimpus wrote: »
    Yes, I'm still pissed. Yes, go fuck yourself Darkfaggotasshole.
  • ShogunZShogunZ When's DBZ? Joined: Posts: 1,893
    It's so incredibly easy to get faction tokens, I feel like people should really take advantage of this if they're trying to get over the hump. I played for like two hours after work and had about 200 faction tokens. Now have 3 270 characters...the clan will probably make first attempt at the Raid this weekend. But goddamn, I'd rather have that trials gear. I really really want that trials hand cannon.
    PS4 Now Playing: Destiny 2, Warframe, Skyrim

Was farming the shit out out this.. gonna do it on the rest of my factions.
  • Citrus_monkeyCitrus_monkey Joined: Posts: 2,007
    Jesús Christ why is every hunter exotic in this game so FUCKING SHIT. I just got the lucky raspberry and I swear it's by far the best exotic I've seen. The foetracer is also good but I feel like all these exotics pale in comparison to both warlocks and titans.
    Jesús Christ why is every hunter exotic in this game so FUCKING SHIT. I just got the lucky raspberry and I swear it's by far the best exotic I've seen. The foetracer is also good but I feel like all these exotics pale in comparison to both warlocks and titans.

Yea. Hunters arent great.

PvE options are orpheus rig, nighthawk, and raiden flux. All 3 of those are good.

PvP its basically knucklehead radar or foetracer. Knuclehead might be slightly underrated with how radar works and considering it was a D1 exotic. But it was actually buffed when you think about it.
  • jae hoonjae hoon Flames of Justice Joined: Posts: 12,854 ✭✭✭✭✭ OG
    This game has a lot more shit exotics than Destiny. A lot of the time it is just better to run a legendary until you can get something decent.
    SRK Kobrai Kai - Kickin bitches in the face since 2001
  • Amazing FunbagsAmazing Funbags The J-Cup Lover Joined: Posts: 17,874

Orpheus Rig, Celestial Nighthawk, and Raiden FLux say hello.
    Boobologist Ph.D
    edited October 3
    They're ok for PvE but they're just "ok". Celestial nighthawk is cool and all for single target damage but I still find them mediocre compared to all my destiny 1 warlock and titan exotics.

The only good PvP exotics I've found are midas + foetracer combo or lucky raspberry. The lucky pants and those sleeves that xur was selling this week are weak AF. I like using the hunter but I'm also making a titan, I feel like they're waaaay more useful in PvE. Im usually first or 2nd at worst in PvE but the dodge is so ass that i feel like I could have a much better KD ration and token farming with a different class.
    Yep there are some truly useless exotics.. if i get them at a high power i just infuse them into something useful. No use keeping them as they are in your collections.

Orpheus Rig, Celestial Nighthawk, and Raiden FLux say hello.

I was having this discussion earlier there's really no build flexibility on hunter. The 3 above exotics absolutely make hunter an amazing class and give him some of the best Dps in the game, the hunter without them is severely underwhelming and doesn't have any other viable exotic gear options. Dodge is just a shit skill every other class has a dodge and it's not a 30 second cool down taking up their skill slot.
    Just because your buff, don't play tuff Cause I'll reverse the earth and turn your flesh back to dust
    So dead orbit won....

f9c9ebefdacb16c40f0a520fa0dedacb4d93dbedd3def60b07a34b55fa5b1cbf.jpg
    Fuck DO
    Never forget:
    phantom angel the kinda guy that eats a roll of dental floss so that he can slowly come to a shuddering climax as he pulls it out his ass

I'm surprised by how much I like the dead orbit scout though idk if the fwc pistol would have been primary but if so that would have been nice as all primary sidearms seem ass imo
    Future wall cult all the way. Dead orbiters are depressing. Monarchists are pretentious douches.

Lakshmi is the real deal.

Plus the FWC shaders are LIT AF
    Ok WHAT is the deal with uriels gift? I keep getting rekt by it in crucible from stupid distances in like, a second. Is there some combo that's popular I don't know about? I've tried it myself with no success. Its just become a recurring theme where people using uriels gift are melting me but when I use it it's just a plain old regular assault rifle.
  • IdunoIduno ...what to put here Joined: Posts: 5,303
    Point it at head.

Hold trigger until dead.

It just has really good damage and practically no recoil over a good range, no combo needed.
    “It's now very common to hear people say, 'I'm rather offended by that.' As if that gives them certain rights. It's actually nothing more... than a whine. 'I find that offensive.' It has no meaning; it has no purpose; it has no reason to be respected as a phrase. 'I am offended by that.' Well, so ****ing what."
    -Stephen Fry

"I know crackheads that could sneak into a house better than an 8th century shinobi."
    -Jimmy1200
  • HecatomHecatom Aka Black Gorilla (・Д・)ノ Joined: Posts: 23,365
    I am particularly liking the Scorpio Scout Rifle, is like the Mida but full auto and doesn't take an exotic slot.
    ( •_•) IT'S NOT RAPE,
    ( •_•)>⌐■-■
    IT'S SURPRISE SEX! (⌐■_■)
    YEAAAAAAAAAAHHH!!
    "Orgasm is a simile for the emotional epiphany a woman has when the shame of penetration is eclipsed by the inherent virtue of servicing a man." ~ Kromo.
    ( •_•)
    ( ಠ_ಠ)
    ( ಥ_ಥ)
  • CTGCTG Army of Zero Joined: Posts: 6,169
    What's a good light level for the raid? I'm at 275 w/ my Warlock right now.
  • HecatomHecatom Aka Black Gorilla (・Д・)ノ Joined: Posts: 23,365
    CTG wrote: »
    What's a good light level for the raid? I'm at 275 w/ my Warlock right now.

275 is doable.
    ( •_•) IT'S NOT RAPE,
    ( •_•)>⌐■-■
    IT'S SURPRISE SEX! (⌐■_■)
    YEAAAAAAAAAAHHH!!
    "Orgasm is a simile for the emotional epiphany a woman has when the shame of penetration is eclipsed by the inherent virtue of servicing a man." ~ Kromo.
    ( •_•)
    ( ಠ_ಠ)
    ( ಥ_ಥ)
    edited October 11
    Ok WHAT is the deal with uriels gift? I keep getting rekt by it in crucible from stupid distances in like, a second. Is there some combo that's popular I don't know about? I've tried it myself with no success. Its just become a recurring theme where people using uriels gift are melting me but when I use it it's just a plain old regular assault rifle.

You probably took off high calibre and boosted stability.

Keep high cal and use the lower sight. The gun doesn't move even if the stat bar says different.
    edited October 12
    Damn the Iron Banana guns are shit, been trying to grind the armour for my hunter on vita remote play (felt sorry for my team until I saw people doing worse than my tiny screen couldn't aim for shit ass) and all I got after the first 65 tokens is a bunch of guns which both look and perform like ass.

Also Saladin sounds bored out of his fucking skull, missing Shax already and I only even crucible for milestones.
    “It's now very common to hear people say, 'I'm rather offended by that.' As if that gives them certain rights. It's actually nothing more... than a whine. 'I find that offensive.' It has no meaning; it has no purpose; it has no reason to be respected as a phrase. 'I am offended by that.' Well, so ****ing what."
    -Stephen Fry

"I know crackheads that could sneak into a house better than an 8th century shinobi."
    -Jimmy1200
    Iduno wrote: »
    Damn the Iron Banana guns are shit, been trying to grind the armour for my hunter on vita remote play (felt sorry for my team until I saw people doing worse than my tiny screen couldn't aim for shit ass) and all I got after the first 65 tokens is a bunch of guns which both look and perform like ass.

Also Saladin sounds bored out of his fucking skull, missing Shax already and I only even crucible for milestones.

I like the AR and the pulse. They'll mostly lose to Uriels/prosecutor straight up tho if you don't outplay the other guy.

Theyre better versions of scathelock and lincoln green.

Im pretty sure the base stability is a touch too high on those 450rpm auto rifles. Those and pulse grenades need a look before Mida.

I dont even think Mida is really a problem. I think the issue is people getting into scout rifle firefights without a scout rifle.

Weapons types that need buffs bad are handcannons as a whole, heavy ARs and heavy scouts. Pulse rifles would be more competitive if 450ARs didnt dominate the same range.

Side arms could use a slight range nerf to further define smg or side arm range.

I just hope Bungie doesnt take 4 months to do something
    Eh got my Uriel's gift already and don't like pulses so all I see are shards and food for better guns lol.

Tbh I think the last things side arms need are nerfs, only the burst ones feel like they're even usable to begin with and spending a while using a semi one as my highest light gun sucked dick, shit did no damage and had no range too.
    -Stephen Fry

-Jimmy1200
  • VestaxVestax Blends No. 27 Joined: Posts: 1,491
    Not gonna lie but it felt good getting 400 gear in Aksis. Doing Leviathan and getting chuck e cheese tokens for cosmetic stuff doesn't feel satisfying. However the raid is fun and easy once you know the mechanics, 275 is doable if you got people to carry you. Remember to put mods to add that extra 5 points to your gear.
    Play an old man's game. Play Super Turbo.
    edited October 12
    Iduno wrote: »
    Eh got my Uriel's gift already and don't like pulses so all I see are shards and food for better guns lol.

Tbh I think the last things side arms need are nerfs, only the burst ones feel like they're even usable to begin with and spending a while using a semi one as my highest light gun sucked dick, shit did no damage and had no range too.

I should have specified. Its the burst ones. Theyre ridiculous.

Im ok with them being ridiculous but the range needs to be brought in by a meter or two to give smgs more room to shine
  • jae hoonjae hoon Flames of Justice Joined: Posts: 12,854 ✭✭✭✭✭ OG
    Yeah we finished the Raid last night in about 45 minutes including getting all the chests we could.
    SRK Kobrai Kai - Kickin bitches in the face since 2001
    edited October 13
    Found a functional pvp handcannon.

Allegro 34

Its a blue energy weapon. It has the opening shot perk and better stability and handling than Minuet.

More consistent for me than better devils or old fashioned.

Of note: its on my hunter and im running double stability mods on my energy slot
    Post edited by HNIC Mike on
    I need ironwreath-d back.
    Never forget:

• Phantom AngelPhantom Angel The Divine One™ Joined: Posts: 27,312
    Sunshot is still the only HC I'll use. Fuck the rest of them.
    "Old enough to know better, Young enough to not give a fuck"

R.I.P. YusukeUrameshi aka Yusuke_The_Detective
    Sunshot is good but Better Devils is worth using too.
    -Stephen Fry

-Jimmy1200
    edited October 13
    Handcannons are pretty good in PvE. Sunshot , Better Devils, Old Fashioned, and Annual Skate are all pretty good.They're just super inconsistent in PvP particularly that 3rd and fourth shot in a firefight. Bloom plus the flinch you're probably taking sends your shot god knows where.

But just hear me out. If you get allegro 34, give it a shot in pvp. Dont auto dismantle because its a rare.
    edited October 13
    Figures, I had turned off high caliber rounds on uriels gift. The thing fucking shreds now; and my aiming insecurities are gone because I'm shredding at PvP again.

I've been fucking around with vigilance wing and I'm having wild success with it. I don't even care about its actual ability; the 5 shot bursts are lethal. It can compete decently with powerful scout rifles but where I'm seeing it shine is as a surprise long distance weapon. I don't use it much when running around or turning corners expecting enemies but I'll keep my finger ready to switch on the triangle button if I happen to catch someone off guard from a distance. I find with most scout rifles you need 3 well placed headshots to get the kill but with vigilance wing you can get kills with as little as two well placed bursts.

The gun itself is just so satisfying to use anyways. The sound it makes when it rips into an enemy is just so.....beefy
    Figures, I had turned off high caliber rounds on uriels gift. The thing fucking shreds now; and my aiming insecurities are gone because I'm shredding at PvP again.

I've been fucking around with vigilance wing and I'm having wild success with it. I don't even care about its actual ability; the 5 shot bursts are lethal. It can compete decently with powerful scout rifles but where I'm seeing it shine is as a surprise long distance weapon. I don't use it much when running around or turning corners expecting enemies but I'll keep my finger ready to switch on the triangle button if I happen to catch someone off guard from a distance. I find with most scout rifles you need 3 well placed headshots to get the kill but with vigilance wing you can get kills with as little as two well placed bursts.

The gun itself is just so satisfying to use anyways. The sound it makes when it rips into an enemy is just so.....beefy

Im thinking that the tap the trigger perk does something to the initial aim assist to keep you on target and the high cal does the rest of the work.

Vwing is good. It just feels too heavy for my style
    Ive switched off of the mida.. it gets beaten out of the meta (uriels gift) all the time for me. Anyone up for nightfall later tonight?