PSABR Official Tier List 2013 Edition

ReturnOfSantaReturnOfSanta SALTY SANTAJoined: Posts: 430
Having official mastered this game I have come up with this definitive tier list. This is for 1v1 only. 2v2 list coming after I have mastered that portion of the game

S: Sack Boy
A+: Evil Cole, Raiden
A: Dante, Cole, Fat Princess
B: Kratos, Nariko, Parappa, Sir Daniel, Sly Cooper, Sweet Tooth, Drake
C: Big Daddy, Toro, Heihachi, Ratchet
D: Radec
F: Jak

Unplaced: Spike
AE: Cody
SFxT: Cody x Bryan
[SIZE=12px]SoCal Casuals @ the Oceanside Fight Club![/SIZE]
·

Comments

• ZeroTheHeroZeroTheHero Nothing but GG's Joined: Posts: 39
    Kratos for DLC
    TTT2: Kazuya/Lars SF4AE: Oni, Fei-Long // PSABR: Kratos, Drake // UMVC3:Zero(dp)/Vergil(RS)/Doom(Missile) // VF5FS: Jean
    ·
  • HawkingbirdHawkingbird Put a smile on that face Joined: Posts: 14,244 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Jak and Radec worse than Sweet Tooth? What a hilarious premise.
    PSN: Hawkingbird
    FC: 0834-1564-0151
    http://steamcommunity.com/id/runawayavenger
    ·
  • GoddessBraceletGoddessBracelet Great Magic! Joined: Posts: 772
    This can't be a serious attempt.
    ·
  • RickDantoRickDanto Joined: Posts: 19
    I would love to hear your reasoning on why Ratchet is so low.
    ·
  • Smashbro29Smashbro29 "Is it Mewtwo?"™ Joined: Posts: 5,490 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Wait. You've mastered the game? For real? Can I see your credentials?
    ·
  • truendymiontruendymion Beer Me! Joined: Posts: 1,098 ✭✭✭
    LOL Parappa and Sir Dan over Ratchet? I think characters who have guaranteed SP1 kill setups should probably rank higher than characters who don't...
    Also I think the tiers change depending on what mode your in: 1v1, 2v2, or FFA.
    ·
  • FullMetalRossFullMetalRoss That Hurt! Liar... Joined: Posts: 3,744 ✭✭✭
    Sir Dan has guaranteed its just either hard to setup or only against the air.

Also I think sackboy only top tier in FFA and with correct team play in 2v2. Also smart FFA play (with stock) non sackboy players should really just try and kill sackboy to eliminate that lvl3
    <<>>
    ·
  • Heroic_LegacyHeroic_Legacy Hero of all Theory Fighters Joined: Posts: 1,385
    How is Nariko anywhere other than F tier. Understandably Jak has a hard time in 1v1 but...Nariko's supers are by far the worst in the game.
    Grapes of Hoggoth! Eye of Avacados! Flames of the Saltines! The Onion Rings of Raggador!
    ·
    For a combo heavy character Nariko doesn't seem to build AP as well as Kratos, DINO and Raiden. She's asking to die if someone blocks her dive move.
    ·
  • ReturnOfSantaReturnOfSanta SALTY SANTA Joined: Posts: 430
    Jak and Radec worse than Sweet Tooth? What a hilarious premise.
    Jak is terrible. Radec is predictable. Sweet Tooth's air shotgun is amazing. His level 1 super is very fast and great for punishing. He can almost build 1 meter in a combo midscreen.. In the corner he can build 1 meter in a combo. Only thing he really needs is a combo into lvl 1
    Kratos for DLC
    Oops I'll fix that.
    I would love to hear your reasoning on why Ratchet is so low.
    While his mid range zoning game is decent he can really be attacked from angles that he can't defend reliably. His ways to combo into level 1 are meh at best.
    LOL Parappa and Sir Dan over Ratchet? I think characters who have guaranteed SP1 kill setups should probably rank higher than characters who don't...
    Also I think the tiers change depending on what mode your in: 1v1, 2v2, or FFA.
    Yes to both of those. Parappa is amazing but lacks a reliable combo into level 1 AFAIK. Sir Dan has a combo into level 1 and has a really good skill set, that shield is so good. Everyone A tier and up has a guaranteed level 1 setup except for sack boy. He's S because he will get his level 3 almost 100%
    How is Nariko anywhere other than F tier. Understandably Jak has a hard time in 1v1 but...Nariko's supers are by far the worst in the game.
    She can combo into level 1 off the air cannon and she builds 150 meter in 1 combo
    ·
  • JohnGrimmJohnGrimm A.K.A. JohnXuandou Joined: Posts: 2,886 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Heihachi being so low can only be explained by you not understanding him in the slightest.
    You lack devotion! Enduring hunger and poverty is how you find the way!
    ·
    I'd like to see this Sir Dan combo.
    ·
    What.

Sackboy has 2 guaranteed level 1 combos. Rachet just needs the minions to hit you and he can super. Or he can just vacuum you into a corner an let loose a super you can't get out of. Sweet Tooth can do j.1 and combo super afterwards.

Dan can't combo into lvl 1, Parappa can do it off wallbounce, but his level 2 is good for 2 kills if you use it up close to them and get a good spawn.

Radec has the potential to completely halt most of the game with retreating grenade and the Cable nades, not to mention a really damn good lvl 1.

But if Parappa's wallbounce is impractical so is Nariko's air cannon into fireworks (which I've seen sometimes not even go off properly)

This guy is nuts. Should've realized how uninformed he was judging by the list but decided to humor him.
    Grapes of Hoggoth! Eye of Avacados! Flames of the Saltines! The Onion Rings of Raggador!
    ·
    Dan can't combo into lvl 1
    Stopped reading there
    ·
  • hybreezyhybreezy A Fraud Draws Near Joined: Posts: 7,490
    Nariko is booty sweat
    Mediocre at fighting games
    ·
    Stopped reading there

We got some secret Sir Dan tech going
    ·
    Stopped reading there

That's still after 3/4 debunks of what your list already has. So clearly you mastered being wrong and are content with remaining as such.

Unless of course you'd like to say that Dan can do more than tech trap into Arrow > Super.
    ·
  • yoh001yoh001 Joined: Posts: 147 ✭✭
    Spike for A Tier.
    FC: 4811 - 7485 - 8425

Pokemon X
    ·
  • PhreakazoidPhreakazoid Turkey Legs Incoming! Joined: Posts: 3,399 ✭✭✭✭
    Stopped reading there

The fuck? Listen here Santa, you can't combo into his super, it's a reset/tech trap. Even if you get the poison gas crumple it doesn't actually combo. It's a great super for platform levels and hitting people who panic and air tech but that's it. Unless you've got some secret Dan stuffs hidden and would like to share with the class. His tools are all very good but Ratchet and Heihachi are holy shit better.

You've mastered this game in like a week and a half? Dude, teach me to Dougie
    Cerberus, easy dual mod for your TE ->www.phreakmods.com/products/cerberus
    Link JLF Detachable Joystick Shaft! -> www.PhreakMods.com/products/the-link
    Available @ FocusAttack.com -> http://www.focusattack.com/jlf-link/
    Available @ JasensCustoms.com -> https://www.jasenscustoms.com/PhreakMods-The-Link.html
    Available @ ParadiseAracadeShop.com -> http://www.paradisearcadeshop.com/fgc-featured/1124-the-link-jlf.html
    ·
  • Rin TezukaRin Tezuka Forever Low Tier Joined: Posts: 53
    So, your opinion on the characters in the game a week after it's release = Official Tier List?
    The fact you're serious about this and not just making a troll thread makes it all the sadder.
    PSASBR: Sir Daniel, Toro, Parappa, Sackboy
    TTT2: Alisa, Lili
    SG: Peacock, Double
    MK9: Ermac, Kabal
    ·
    Someone please erase this thread from existence...
    BTW Drake over Raiden anyday, also Ratchet murders both Parappa and Sir Dan free... ALSO where the fuck is Kratos?!
    1. Go into training mode
    2. Set cpu to down tech
    3. Try Dan "combo" into SP1
    4. Cry
    ·
  • MollyFighterMollyFighter Kono Heman DA! Joined: Posts: 625
    I knew someone would be anxious enough to do a tier on WEEK 1. Seriously, give this game atleast a month or two before we build a meta. Please close this thread before it becomes flame-bait.
    ·
  • RyodragoonRyodragoon EAT THAT HO! Joined: Posts: 990
    I agree with this list, as long as spike is around A tier. this is 1v1. where a lot of the keepaways like Radec lose a lot cause they dont have backup.

1v1 is ass anyway, not what this game is about. like arguing about 1v1 in marvel.
    ·
    Jak is terrible. Radec is predictable. Sweet Tooth's air shotgun is amazing. His level 1 super is very fast and great for punishing. He can almost build 1 meter in a combo midscreen.. In the corner he can build 1 meter in a combo. Only thing he really needs is a combo into lvl 1

Any character can be predictable. Every Kratos player I run into loves to use s1 and you don't see me calling him worse than Sweet Tooth because of it. Radec's lvl1 is so fast and great punishing. It's also a projectile with tracking that has a better chance of killing multiple opponents than Sweet Tooth's.

Jak has an okay mid-range game and has a lvl2 that makes him an oki monster. Sweet Tooth's lvl2 is easily the worst super in the whole game.
    ·
  • JohnGrimmJohnGrimm A.K.A. JohnXuandou Joined: Posts: 2,886 ✭✭✭✭✭
    1v1 is ass anyway, not what this game is about.
    To you maybe. It's a game mode that is available, and it's the one I prefer. I'm not playing 2v2 ever, it's still too random for my liking.
    You lack devotion! Enduring hunger and poverty is how you find the way!
    ·
  • DedemaruDedemaru Joined: Posts: 603
    Sweet Tooth's lvl2 is easily the worst super in the whole game.

May I ask why?
    ·
    May I ask why?

The remote control missile is very easy to avoid, the control of said missile is terrible, and the likelyhood of killing more than one opponent is low.
    ·
    The blast radius on the thing is ridiculously small as well and once the super is over, you can get a free super on Sweet Tooth if you dodge the missile.

And you'll always dodge it.
    ·
  • AzuroAzuro MK9: Reptile Joined: Posts: 1,125
    This thread is the best. Santa = best PSABR player ever.
    www.testyourmight.com
    ·
  • KrackatoaKrackatoa Ensaikyopedia Trolldanica. Joined: Posts: 2,125 ✭✭
    The remote control missile is very easy to avoid, the control of said missile is terrible, and the likelyhood of killing more than one opponent is low.

I'd say it's up in the air. While it is definitely not great, n.air.1 > Lvl.2 still works, if I remember correctly. (Timing is hella strict, but I think it works.)

Since you can choose when to detonate it, you can also let the opponent reset after combing into d.3 and wait for an air-dodge before detonating the missile yourself. Depending on how long the active frames actually stay on screen post-detonation dictate how useful this actually is (Can they actually air-dodge/GTFO reliably, and if they can, how big is the window?)
    Algonquin Competitive Gaming - Bringing Hyperbolic Time Chambers to the Masses
    ·
    I'd say it's up in the air. While it is definitely not great, n.air.1 > Lvl.2 still works, if I remember correctly. (Timing is hella strict, but I think it works.)

Since you can choose when to detonate it, you can also let the opponent reset after combing into d.3 and wait for an air-dodge before detonating the missile yourself. Depending on how long the active frames actually stay on screen post-detonation dictate how useful this actually is (Can they actually air-dodge/GTFO reliably, and if they can, how big is the window?)

Air dodge is 12 frames. If the detonation active frames matches it then your theory should work
    ·
    This thread is the best. Santa = best PSABR player ever.
    This guy knows
    ·
  • deathwish305deathwish305 Joined: Posts: 54
    lol so Santa what's your opinion on Evil Cole?
    ·
  • Leebee LinkLeebee Link Iroquois Pliskin Joined: Posts: 1,915 ✭✭✭
    Having official mastered this game I have come up with this definitive tier list. This is for 1v1 only. 2v2 list coming after I have mastered that portion of the game

S: Sack Boy
    A+: Evil Cole, Raiden
    A: Dante, Cole, Fat Princess
    B: Kratos, Nariko, Parappa, Sir Daniel, Sly Cooper, Sweet Tooth, Drake
    C: Big Daddy, Toro, Heihachi, Ratchet
    D: Radec
    F: Jak

Unplaced: Spike

nah
    JoJo's Bizarre Adventure- Mariah, Jotaro
    KoF XIII- Robert, Elisabeth, Ash
    Battle Fantasia- Urs, Ashley, Face
    ·
    lol so Santa what's your opinion on Evil Cole?
    lowkey best char in the game
    ·
  • trahhtrahh Joined: Posts: 90
    Having official mastered this game

hahahahahaha. Oh yeah? I'm guessing you're amazing in your neighborhood, and you just wreck people online too huh?

Since you live in socal, why not go to WNF and prove yourself? Mastered the game, get outta here online warrior.
    ·
    hahahahahaha. Oh yeah? I'm guessing you're amazing in your neighborhood, and you just wreck people online too huh?

Since you live in socal, why not go to WNF and prove yourself? Mastered the game, get outta here online warrior.
    This is the most uneccessary post ever. He feels comfortable giving out his opinion so what? Your greatest contribution to the discussion is to name call him and try to make him look dumb? You get outta here dude. Lol like online warrior is even an insult anymore Shoutouts to Wolfkrone. Also fuck WNF, E-sport's and So Cal play your damn game and be happy.
    TTT2: Kazuya/Lars SF4AE: Oni, Fei-Long // PSABR: Kratos, Drake // UMVC3:Zero(dp)/Vergil(RS)/Doom(Missile) // VF5FS: Jean
    ·
  • Leebee LinkLeebee Link Iroquois Pliskin Joined: Posts: 1,915 ✭✭✭
    not gonna lie, the level of the WNF footage left much to be desired...
    JoJo's Bizarre Adventure- Mariah, Jotaro
    KoF XIII- Robert, Elisabeth, Ash
    Battle Fantasia- Urs, Ashley, Face
    ·
    I can say that about any footage of the game. I don't expect masters to emerge after almost two weeks of play
    ·
    Once people learn how to block Evil Cole will drop drastically. Ratchet is secret top tier...
    Everyone A tier and up has a guaranteed level 1 setup except for sack boy. He's S because he will get his level 3 almost 100%
    By your own logic Ratchet should be A tier...
    ·
  • tl_crowtl_crow stupid hitbox game Joined: Posts: 460 ✭✭✭
    This is the most uneccessary post ever. He feels comfortable giving out his opinion so what? Your greatest contribution to the discussion is to name call him and try to make him look dumb? You get outta here dude. Lol like online warrior is even an insult anymore Shoutouts to Wolfkrone. Also fuck WNF, E-sport's and So Cal play your damn game and be happy.

But Wolfkrone wasn't just a online warrior. He went to offline tournaments all the time at Gamer's Garden and DigiOps. This guy isn't going to events in his own backyard that get streamed across the globe. People just thought Wolfkrone was a online warrior because no one ever paid attention to Michigan.
    BEHOLD THE GLORY OF THE BINGO ENGINE
    ·
    But Wolfkrone wasn't just a online warrior. He went to offline tournaments all the time at Gamer's Garden and DigiOps. This guy isn't going to events in his own backyard that get streamed across the globe. People just thought Wolfkrone was a online warrior because no one ever paid attention to Michigan.
    True but really all the MI crew are online warriors. Your right they do play offline but they are constantly online playing. I have all of them added on various platforms cept for wolfkrone and even then I run into him in random ranked games all the time when I play on XBL.
    ·
  • lobo1011lobo1011 Joined: Posts: 6
    Dante has infinite and so does Raiden.
    By infinite i mean it gives one a lvl.1 super and combos into it they are the best 1v1
    they have the best ways to chase zone characters, other than sly, and parry leads into their infinite loops.
    bold canceling glitch with Dante is one of the two biggest mistakes in all-stars and giving Raiden 2 ways to put some one in a but landing position while leaving him in neutral is the other mistake.
    to play this game competitively i believe 2v2 would be the most rounded.
    1v1 is a given to these two
    also sweet tooth vs jaxter or radec is in his favor at dojo every where else its prety even over all match up id say
    55-45: sweet vs jak.
    60-40: sweet vs radec
    the funny thing is that these three -jak, rad ,sweet- are my fave characters on account of how much fun i have with them
    ·
  • lobo1011lobo1011 Joined: Posts: 6

Jak has an okay mid-range game and has a lvl2 that makes him an oki monster. Sweet Tooth's lvl2 is easily the worst super in the whole game.

don't play for his lvl 2 when i get close i just use a super i still end up with more than 2 lvl1 supers after i waste 100 ap sweet tooth is only used for his lvl 1
    jak has an awesome tech into his lvl2 but building that against sweet tooth is so hard because sweet also has disrupting moves and can lead into his lvl1
    by the way i just started posting on this forum today and have always read your posts and agreed with them, this one i only slightly disagree
    ·