Naruto Ultimate Ninja Storm 2.0 - Storm 4 Is Out! (PS4/Xbox One)

145791012

Comments

  • S00perCamS00perCam Cold as ice Joined: Posts: 2,455
    Reiji wrote: »
    S00perCam wrote: »
    *See's Naruto fighter with Revolution in name*

    *see's another Storm game :(*

    *FUUUUUUU OP*

    *FUUUUUUU CC2*

    You should come back, it's better than it sounds, this time around.

    He probably thought it was a CoN: Revolution sequel lol

    yeah ive been seeing a lot of rumors about a conr sequel
    Just because your buff, don't play tuff Cause I'll reverse the earth and turn your flesh back to dust
  • ForsakenM~ForsakenM~ Unstable Catalyst of Hype Joined: Posts: 197
    Getting another CoN game would be amazing, considering it's a much more balanced game with a much more appealing base.

    I mean...a Naruto game with ACTUAL COMBOS? WHAAAT?!
    Current Goal: Working as many jobs as I can, while trying to balance money between important goals and maintaining sanity.

    PSN: ForsakenM
    3DS FC: 5301-0968-5196, ForsakenM~

    UMVC3: Hulk/G-Rida/Sentinel; MK9: Quan Chi; SG: Big Band; UNSR: Not quite sure yet!; MKX: So many good choices!
  • ForsakenM~ForsakenM~ Unstable Catalyst of Hype Joined: Posts: 197
    edited November 2014
    I feel like I'm the only one here that is willing to try and keep this thread alive with discussion rather than content.

    Anyway, I've been playing a bunch of Storm 2, and I jumped back into Revo and noticed that it's not just the obvious stuff that's been nerfed.

    Every character that's lasted since Storm 2 has had nerfs done to damage, number of hits, range, chakra usage, priority, speed, functionality, homing, assist viability, stun duration, accuracy, items, and general usefulness.

    Seriously though, go play Storm 2, it will make you appreciate the games before Revo much more. Everything was better, and it was harder to sub, so it made sense to use chakra. Even then, you still get hit by stuff a lot, and man it hurts. Now you can avoid things easy, and they hurt less.

    Dealing with this new counter is a cakewalk compared to subbing in Storm 2.
    Current Goal: Working as many jobs as I can, while trying to balance money between important goals and maintaining sanity.

    PSN: ForsakenM
    3DS FC: 5301-0968-5196, ForsakenM~

    UMVC3: Hulk/G-Rida/Sentinel; MK9: Quan Chi; SG: Big Band; UNSR: Not quite sure yet!; MKX: So many good choices!
  • GomuGomuGomuGomu Strider Sucks Joined: Posts: 9,575
    It was harder to sub because it wasn't a guaranteed button but it didn't matter because people would rarely put themsevles in a position to get subbed on. Cutscene attacks, chip damage, and anything that doesn't a cause a sub behind you ran that game. Most games ended in timeouts unless someone fucked up ROYALLY; that's how bad the game was.
    PSN: xXGomuGomuXx
  • ForsakenM~ForsakenM~ Unstable Catalyst of Hype Joined: Posts: 197
    GomuGomu wrote: »
    It was harder to sub because it wasn't a guaranteed button but it didn't matter because people would rarely put themsevles in a position to get subbed on. Cutscene attacks, chip damage, and anything that doesn't a cause a sub behind you ran that game. Most games ended in timeouts unless someone fucked up ROYALLY; that's how bad the game was.

    Yet, I find it more fun to play than Revo for all those reasons...this is why I think that there needs to be a total re-haul of the entire system before Naruto can be truly competitive.

    Just bought Storm 1 and Blazblue: Chrono Phantasma, I've been playing the crap out of Storm 1. It seems to be much more an updated sequel to the Ultimate Ninja series on PS2, much more flashy and vibrant, with more assist options and three health bars.

    I honestly wish the series would have retained more from Storm 1 than it actually did.
    Current Goal: Working as many jobs as I can, while trying to balance money between important goals and maintaining sanity.

    PSN: ForsakenM
    3DS FC: 5301-0968-5196, ForsakenM~

    UMVC3: Hulk/G-Rida/Sentinel; MK9: Quan Chi; SG: Big Band; UNSR: Not quite sure yet!; MKX: So many good choices!
  • GomuGomuGomuGomu Strider Sucks Joined: Posts: 9,575
    I agree, it's been well overdue for a system overhaul but CC2 doesn't care about making the game competitive (or a least a sensibly balanced system) which is why they continue to release broken game after broken game and why I stopped buying after UNS2.
    PSN: xXGomuGomuXx
  • SkullboySkullboy On Days Like This... Joined: Posts: 12,415
    edited November 2014
    Not being able to properly sub when you wanted to was a terrible mechanic and I'm glad it died with Generations. Along with many other issues that plagued these games before UNS3 released.

    UNS3 is when the games finally started ditching all the unnecessary bullshit like that, and was a much more responsive game in general. It's not nearly as balanced and competitively viable as Revolution is, but at least it was headed on the right track .

    Revolution is the most balanced, refined, and defined iteration in the series imo. There aren't any more 0-10 matchups like literally every other game had. Every character has a fighting chance against every character (A Groove Mecha Naruto being an obvious exception, but I expect a ban soon) and that's the way it should be. If you're looking for a complete system overhaul then you shouldn't have to look any farther than Revolution, because almost every aspect of the metagame changed.

    Personally I think it's dumb to prefer the older games just because matches were more drawn-out and pragmatic. That's boring and it defeats the very purpose of these games in the first place: which is to deliver high speed and action packed battles with a focus on outsmarting your opponent. You have plenty of time on the clock; there's no reason you should have to play cat and mouse with your opponent for a full match just because substitution is an inconsistent mechanic. If Revolution retained more aspects from the first UNS, we'd still have ridiculously unresponsive controls, 20 characters at the most, an unreliable and FRUSTRATING sub system, and ultimate jutsu's basically being the end of a fight whenever one is landed.

    All of these aspects have been fixed for the better. They expand on the metagame and add depth.

    Oh, and not to mention the 5 or 6 characters that lorded over EVERYONE in both 2 and Generations: Masked Man, Deidara, Minato, ect...
    Post edited by Skullboy on
    "Every moment gives us a chance to become more than what we are."

    Tumblr (NSFW)
  • SkullboySkullboy On Days Like This... Joined: Posts: 12,415
    Also, added those videos to the OP. Keep em' coming, @Reiji. :#
    "Every moment gives us a chance to become more than what we are."

    Tumblr (NSFW)
  • ForsakenM~ForsakenM~ Unstable Catalyst of Hype Joined: Posts: 197
    edited November 2014
    (A Groove Mecha Naruto being an obvious exception, but I expect a ban soon)

    I was taking you seriously up until that.

    You do understand that, regardless of CC2s actions, it has been blatanly obvious that the reason to buy anyone of these games is to kick butt as your fav Naruto character. The game is all about flashy and finishers and 'BOOYAH, I just owned you with Rock Lee!' If you think that CC2 cares about balancing a game when they can just make another one that you will buy (which they will, and it will only fix half the stuff while making other things worse), you're being silly. Also, let's not forget that this is a rather bare-bones game, more of a glimpse at what is to come. They are not gonna ban a featured character, they don't even care about that. The best you could do is ban him on a social level, and since he is a favorite and there is no heavy in-person tournament scene, that's not gonna stick.

    That's why I think that Storm 2 and Storm 1 are the best I've played. You say difficult subbing, I say you can't mash to get out of combos; You say it's about the strategy, I say it's about the fan-service and flashy moves; You say that it keeps improving every version and will eventually get it right, I say that it already had it's core down and didn't need anything drastic and has lost a lot of what made it appealing in later versions. If CC2 REALLY wants to make a competitive scene, they need a new series dedicated to that, Naruto-verse or not. I'm talking a total re-haul, a brand new engine and dedicated to current-gen consoles, I want the works!

    Also, a few more counter-arguments!
    • You mentioned unresponsive controls, but I haven't had any issues with Storm 1 or 2 in that regard. Once you commit to an input, you will more than likely have to stick with that and manage from there, regardless of what happens during that time or after.
    • Who cares if there are less characters? Have you noticed that a good share of the characters are exactly the same, with maybe a UJ or Ninjutsu replaced? Have you noticed that a new skin can consist of a robe or hat, and that's all? Maybe quality over quantity wouldn't be bad, and you could start by knocking out all the characters that really didn't have movesets to go by via canon.
    • The only thing I've noticed about the old sub system that I don't like is when I really need to sub a combo and can't...because I'm in a panic and can't time it right. Just improve your timing and study a character's combo strings (all of which start out the same) and you'll be fine. Heaven forbid you are forced to take a hit.
    • UJ's have never been a OHKO, they just used to do a lot of damage, and rightfully so: in canon, those moves killed peeps. Now they feel so weak, and are only used when you can guarantee the damage they used to do, not whenever the moment is right.
    • Every game ever has had characters that were better than the rest, it comes with the territory. If you actually think that only Mecha-Naruto is top tier, take another look: Shisui, New Sasuke, New Naruto, New Mardara, New Obito, New Hashirama, New Minato...they are ALL much better than the rest of the cast...in fact, I think all the new characters are better than the majority of the old ones. You think Kiba could take New Minato? One flick-attack, and who cares about that dog!
    • UNS1 gave more assist variety in a way we will never see again, that being the combo choice. Sure, an attack-type can combo with you, but that's not the same as calling them to combo your opponent as you back off and charge a Ninjutsu.

    Not to mention that I never once said anything about 'I think it's stupid that you enjoy newer versions for x reasons', I've only ever respected your opinion while debating your statements. You seem rather knowledgeable about this series, and you seem much more dedicated to professional play than most, but that comment above just seems to me like you are butt-hurt over the past games due to memories of what they used to be like for you when you were possibly less experienced. Not throwing cream pies, I'm just saying it looks like it says 'Throw a pie!' on your forehead.

    For the record, don't think I'm comparing you to those who complain about something in a game that they can easily work around, like a huge portion of the Storm community. You are much better than that. I would actually love to see some gameplay from you, I think that would be amazing to watch!
    Current Goal: Working as many jobs as I can, while trying to balance money between important goals and maintaining sanity.

    PSN: ForsakenM
    3DS FC: 5301-0968-5196, ForsakenM~

    UMVC3: Hulk/G-Rida/Sentinel; MK9: Quan Chi; SG: Big Band; UNSR: Not quite sure yet!; MKX: So many good choices!
  • S00perCamS00perCam Cold as ice Joined: Posts: 2,455
    I'll play the next one when they put devil jin in the game
    Just because your buff, don't play tuff Cause I'll reverse the earth and turn your flesh back to dust
  • ReijiReiji Joined: Posts: 215






    Naruto, Kushina & The 4 Edo Tensei Kages.
    You don't deserve to know my name !
  • ForsakenM~ForsakenM~ Unstable Catalyst of Hype Joined: Posts: 197
    Why is there no activity in this thread when the patch comes out tomorrow? And it gives all the criers what they wanted?

    http://bandainamcous.tumblr.com/post/104346720481/naruto-ultimate-ninja-storm-revolution-will-be

    Look at this and be pleased, over-joyed even. I'll just sit back and wonder why it it's not also coming with new characters.
    Current Goal: Working as many jobs as I can, while trying to balance money between important goals and maintaining sanity.

    PSN: ForsakenM
    3DS FC: 5301-0968-5196, ForsakenM~

    UMVC3: Hulk/G-Rida/Sentinel; MK9: Quan Chi; SG: Big Band; UNSR: Not quite sure yet!; MKX: So many good choices!
  • Phantom AngelPhantom Angel The Divine One™ Joined: Posts: 27,429
    No more 0-100 combos lol.... Kinda sucks.
    "Old enough to know better, Young enough to not give a fuck"

    R.I.P. YusukeUrameshi aka Yusuke_The_Detective
  • ForsakenM~ForsakenM~ Unstable Catalyst of Hype Joined: Posts: 197
    edited December 2014
    No more 0-100 combos lol.... Kinda sucks.

    In Marvel 3, 0-100 combos exist. Nearly every character can perform one, and at a low-medium entry level. People get mad, but instead of crying nerf, the competitive community makes it the meta.

    In Revo, 0-100 exist. They are harder to do than in Marvel 3, and require a specific drive and team. Some characters flat out can't perform them. People get mad, but instead of figuring out how to counter this, they cry nerf.

    Welp, you finally got CC2 to make a real patch Storm community! Too bad it's on an irrelevant game on which most of the player-base has already dropped and doesn't care about any news relevant to it and the game itself isn't even the final version. I would bet the next one comes out 2015, and we'll have the same issues.

    Too bad they didn't fix in-game lag, their netcode, or the BP system. Also, why won't they release the new characters at the same time.
    Post edited by ForsakenM~ on
    Current Goal: Working as many jobs as I can, while trying to balance money between important goals and maintaining sanity.

    PSN: ForsakenM
    3DS FC: 5301-0968-5196, ForsakenM~

    UMVC3: Hulk/G-Rida/Sentinel; MK9: Quan Chi; SG: Big Band; UNSR: Not quite sure yet!; MKX: So many good choices!
  • SkullboySkullboy On Days Like This... Joined: Posts: 12,415
    I will update the OP with those videos and respond to ForsakenM when I have the time. In the meantime, though...

    Storm 4 has been announced for PS4.

    http://gamestalk.net/narutostorm4/
    http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=949987

    I'm hoping it keeps a lot of the changes Revolution made. Although I'm not sure how they plan on continuing the story considering how 3 ended.
    "Every moment gives us a chance to become more than what we are."

    Tumblr (NSFW)
  • ReijiReiji Joined: Posts: 215
    I hope too. Good thing I got a PS4
    You don't deserve to know my name !
  • ReijiReiji Joined: Posts: 215
    You don't deserve to know my name !
  • ForsakenM~ForsakenM~ Unstable Catalyst of Hype Joined: Posts: 197
    So I've been playing this game with a friend, and I realized just how they should do tournaments.

    They should be done in Single Match, and I know I'll get a lot of flack for this comment, but let me explain why.

    The game is not nearly as challenging or fair with supports, I mean really think about it: Supports, even as dumbed down as they are now outside of Support Drive, are crazy good regardless of which characters they are. They fit whatever role they need to the moment you call upon them, at best guaranteeing a ton of damage, and at their worst they are an extra two sub-bars.

    Taking out supports and playing seriously has opened my eyes to a version of this game that isn't nearly as broken. This also takes the another balance-hammer to the cast, and truly shows us who is the best in the roster. I've played with characters who are amazing with a team, and had them decimated like they were low-tier trash, even while playing them at their strengths and doing nearly everything right in a match versus a character that's just remains as good as before solo.

    Playing solo also boosts your skill level, as your are required to actually block for extended periods of time, and to use your movement to it's full extent. It requires you to do everything correctly on a level you'll never have to go to in Team Matches.

    Well, at least that's how I feel about it.
    Current Goal: Working as many jobs as I can, while trying to balance money between important goals and maintaining sanity.

    PSN: ForsakenM
    3DS FC: 5301-0968-5196, ForsakenM~

    UMVC3: Hulk/G-Rida/Sentinel; MK9: Quan Chi; SG: Big Band; UNSR: Not quite sure yet!; MKX: So many good choices!
  • Will_DieselWill_Diesel Noble Savage of the inner city's darkest quarters. Joined: Posts: 1,189
    Can't bring myself to buy Storm Revolution. Waiting on Storm 4 and that will be the last Naruto game of that nature for me. I really don't see how some of you didn't get burned out on the games to the point of going back to get the older games.

    Meh I hope the Edo Kages and Shisui Make It In For 4.
    Liberalism is a mental disease.
  • SkullboySkullboy On Days Like This... Joined: Posts: 12,415
    Meh I hope the Edo Kages and Shisui Make It In For 4.

    You realize both of those characters are in Revolution, right?
    "Every moment gives us a chance to become more than what we are."

    Tumblr (NSFW)
  • Will_DieselWill_Diesel Noble Savage of the inner city's darkest quarters. Joined: Posts: 1,189
    I just said I'm not gonna buy Revolution >_>.

    If they somehow can't make those 5 playable in a main game I will reconsider buying it.
    Liberalism is a mental disease.
  • SkullboySkullboy On Days Like This... Joined: Posts: 12,415
    The only character they've ever left out in a new Storm game is Lars in UNS2. Not sure why they would start omitting characters now. So yes, they're all gonna be in the next game.

    What I would like to see is the Seven Swordsmen being playable.
    "Every moment gives us a chance to become more than what we are."

    Tumblr (NSFW)
  • Will_DieselWill_Diesel Noble Savage of the inner city's darkest quarters. Joined: Posts: 1,189
    That may be true but I don't think Iruka is making a playable appearance. Anyway I don't want anyone OUT except Robo-Naruto.
    Liberalism is a mental disease.
  • SkullboySkullboy On Days Like This... Joined: Posts: 12,415
    Robo Naruto is the only character I can see being left out honestly. And that's a good thing, unless they decide to seriously nerf him in A-Groove.
    "Every moment gives us a chance to become more than what we are."

    Tumblr (NSFW)
  • SkullboySkullboy On Days Like This... Joined: Posts: 12,415
    OP Updated with the new videos, trailers and whatnot.
    ForsakenM~ wrote: »
    So I've been playing this game with a friend, and I realized just how they should do tournaments.

    They should be done in Single Match, and I know I'll get a lot of flack for this comment, but let me explain why.

    The game is not nearly as challenging or fair with supports, I mean really think about it: Supports, even as dumbed down as they are now outside of Support Drive, are crazy good regardless of which characters they are. They fit whatever role they need to the moment you call upon them, at best guaranteeing a ton of damage, and at their worst they are an extra two sub-bars.

    Taking out supports and playing seriously has opened my eyes to a version of this game that isn't nearly as broken. This also takes the another balance-hammer to the cast, and truly shows us who is the best in the roster. I've played with characters who are amazing with a team, and had them decimated like they were low-tier trash, even while playing them at their strengths and doing nearly everything right in a match versus a character that's just remains as good as before solo.

    Playing solo also boosts your skill level, as your are required to actually block for extended periods of time, and to use your movement to it's full extent. It requires you to do everything correctly on a level you'll never have to go to in Team Matches.

    Well, at least that's how I feel about it.

    I disagree.

    I don't see how supports are unfair when both participants of a battle are able to pick whatever assists they like. Implying this system is unfair would also imply that one player will have some kind of unfair advantage in regards to who they are able to add to their team, which isn't the case. You both have full access to the roster, so pick who you feel best compliments your fighter. Hell, counter pick if you really have to.

    I enjoy Single matches, as they are a much more intimate display of combat between the actual fighters than you'll see in your average team battle, but I don't think it's nearly as balanced nor as deep in regards to the meta. In singles matches, the top tier characters roam free. It limits your character's viability to an incredible extent, depending on who is fighting who. Sure, you can try to fight a good Madara with a character like Choji or Young Sakura, but it's going to be an unfair, uphill battle the entire match. You will probably lose in all honesty because Madara is free to poke and outspace you in that matchup with insane Jutsu's and all-around better mobility and normals.

    Whereas, if you were to give them both teammates...Madara still remains godlike and gets even better with assists, but now you have a character like Choji gaining a huge advantage and being able to be a lot more scary than he is by himself. Now you can use a character you enjoy playing without having to get steamrolled by a character who is obviously better and more powerful in every regard. At this point it all boils down to how good you are at multitasking, and how well your team stands up against another's team. Instead of just the high-tiers ball-blasting the rest of the cast like they used to.

    I do agree that there is a certain level of intensity that comes with Single matches. One mistake can lose you entire health bars before you even realize what's happening. It's a blessing and a curse at the same time, imo. It's fun to shut down someone without having to deal with the interruptions of assist attacks and the like, but at the same time those assists add a whole new meta to the game and increases its overall depth while at the same time fairly balancing out the cast.
    "Every moment gives us a chance to become more than what we are."

    Tumblr (NSFW)
  • ForsakenM~ForsakenM~ Unstable Catalyst of Hype Joined: Posts: 197
    edited February 2015
    OP Updated with the new videos, trailers and whatnot.

    I disagree.

    I don't see how supports are unfair when both participants of a battle are able to pick whatever assists they like. Implying this system is unfair would also imply that one player will have some kind of unfair advantage in regards to who they are able to add to their team, which isn't the case. You both have full access to the roster, so pick who you feel best compliments your fighter. Hell, counter pick if you really have to.

    I enjoy Single matches, as they are a much more intimate display of combat between the actual fighters than you'll see in your average team battle, but I don't think it's nearly as balanced nor as deep in regards to the meta. In singles matches, the top tier characters roam free. It limits your character's viability to an incredible extent, depending on who is fighting who. Sure, you can try to fight a good Madara with a character like Choji or Young Sakura, but it's going to be an unfair, uphill battle the entire match. You will probably lose in all honesty because Madara is free to poke and outspace you in that matchup with insane Jutsu's and all-around better mobility and normals.

    Whereas, if you were to give them both teammates...Madara still remains godlike and gets even better with assists, but now you have a character like Choji gaining a huge advantage and being able to be a lot more scary than he is by himself. Now you can use a character you enjoy playing without having to get steamrolled by a character who is obviously better and more powerful in every regard. At this point it all boils down to how good you are at multitasking, and how well your team stands up against another's team. Instead of just the high-tiers ball-blasting the rest of the cast like they used to.

    I do agree that there is a certain level of intensity that comes with Single matches. One mistake can lose you entire health bars before you even realize what's happening. It's a blessing and a curse at the same time, imo. It's fun to shut down someone without having to deal with the interruptions of assist attacks and the like, but at the same time those assists add a whole new meta to the game and increases its overall depth while at the same time fairly balancing out the cast.

    I respect your opinion, and they way you explained it I can understand why you feel that way.

    However, I don't think it adds that much more to the game. Having switched to pretty much Single Battle only, it feels more like a serious fighting game. If you make a mistake, you might have to blow some chakra or a sub-bar...in Team Battle, you can just throw out any assist, and that covers you mistake. Don't have enough chakra or any subs in Single? Guess your taking a crap-ton of damage! This isn't true in Teams though: not only can you use a assist like a get-out-of-jail-free card even on low chakra and/or no subs, using them as such can keep your chakra/sub-bar high, leaving you with even more options.

    Don't get me wrong, every assist performs it's own unique option: combo extension, pressure, punishing when you can't, lockdown. Those are present, but in all honesty supports never get used in a professional manner. Think about it: how often have you sent or seen an assist sent out in a panic, just to have it either take the hit for you or get your opponent off your back? Didn't matter whether it was Neji, Jiraiya, Sasuke, or Hidan; all that mattered was that they came out now and quickly. This is what I meant when I said 'at best guaranteeing a ton of damage, and at their worst they are an extra two sub-bars.' Quite literally, when you panic, you can just hit a bumper and be safe in this game.

    Of course, a player that knows what they are doing can just plow right through, but some assists force you to stop your assault, which is kinda silly when your opponent is playing poorly. I mean, if you play everything correctly, get them to no subs and low chakra...and have to drop a combo because of an assist?

    I guess my point is that Team Battle rewards characters that are less skilled with their main than Single Battle does.

    Regardless, I still think every person who wants to get serious should practice their main in Single and master them before hitting up Team Battle in Ranked.

    Edit: Not that this is relevant too much, but I've actually done the God-Tier vs Garbage-Tier Single Match, and for the most part it supports what you said: heavily one-sided. However, I only had that apply when I didn't use all my tools AND was facing a player on my level (but more versed in Single Battle) who picked up Mecha-Naruto. We ended up playing Madara (New) vs Young Sakura, with me as Y.Sakura...and I managed to beat him 2 out of 3. It was hard, but I just played the game like any other fighter and played to my strengths and forced him to over commit in situations where that wasn't to his advantage.

    Regardless, I believe your point still stands in that regard, but as for assists making the character better I don't agree: if the character is already really outclassed, the assists will either do them no good or only delay the inevitable.
    Current Goal: Working as many jobs as I can, while trying to balance money between important goals and maintaining sanity.

    PSN: ForsakenM
    3DS FC: 5301-0968-5196, ForsakenM~

    UMVC3: Hulk/G-Rida/Sentinel; MK9: Quan Chi; SG: Big Band; UNSR: Not quite sure yet!; MKX: So many good choices!
  • YorKeYYorKeY Suffer like G did... Joined: Posts: 7,489
    I don't play these games even though i got NSN3FB and NSNS revolution (*cough* a certain way on PC) but i lost any potential hype i could have (never had any) for this game.

    I actually enjoyed ninja storm 3 full burst, it literally had everything except the last part of the manga. Then i got revolution, and it basically could have just been DLC for ninja storm 3 full burst, almost nothing changed, even reused stages, music, menu style, movesets, animations, EVERYTHING. I think the only reason i wanted to play it was cause i wanted to use Shisui (like most people) and do the Akatsuki backstory, played the game one day for 4 hours, then never touched it again till this day.
    Dota 2 player.
    SFV: No one and everyone (Yun in the future)
    MvC Infinite: Captain MarvelxGamora/Captain AmericaxMegaman
    Currently playing: Valkyria Chronicles and MvCi
    " Shill of Shills. " - DevilJin
    If you play MvC click this link for kreygasm


  • SkullboySkullboy On Days Like This... Joined: Posts: 12,415
    edited February 2015
    YorKeY wrote: »
    almost nothing changed,

    ....you didn't actually even touch Revolution, did you?

    That or you're just plain lying. Not sure I even understand the point of you coming in here and making a post like that.
    "Every moment gives us a chance to become more than what we are."

    Tumblr (NSFW)
  • YorKeYYorKeY Suffer like G did... Joined: Posts: 7,489
    YorKeY wrote: »
    almost nothing changed,

    ....you didn't actually even touch Revolution, did you?

    That or you're just plain lying. Not sure I even understand the point of you coming in here and making a post like that.

    Yeah man i did, it was practically the same. XD
    I came this thread just to lie about playing a game? o_O Wooo
    Yeah a few battle system mechanic changes too, but still... they expected people to pay 60 dollars for that?

    But true, their is not point to my rant, sorry about that. Shout outs to you having a Wii-U though, saying that is also pointless, but hey it's Wii-U. Lol'

    Hopefully you can play as Adult Naruto and Sasuke, would be pretty nuts.
    Dota 2 player.
    SFV: No one and everyone (Yun in the future)
    MvC Infinite: Captain MarvelxGamora/Captain AmericaxMegaman
    Currently playing: Valkyria Chronicles and MvCi
    " Shill of Shills. " - DevilJin
    If you play MvC click this link for kreygasm


  • SkullboySkullboy On Days Like This... Joined: Posts: 12,415
    YorKeY wrote: »
    YorKeY wrote: »
    almost nothing changed,

    ....you didn't actually even touch Revolution, did you?

    That or you're just plain lying. Not sure I even understand the point of you coming in here and making a post like that.

    But true, their is not point to my rant, sorry about that. Shout outs to you having a Wii-U though, saying that is also pointless, but hey it's Wii-U. Lol'

    What are you even saying in this sentence?

    1. The game actually wasn't $60, something you would know had you actually went out and bought it for yourself.

    2. There were more than just a few changes to the mechanics. Almost every aspect was altered to some extent with the addition of grooves, parries, seals, ect. If you're not lying intentionally then it's painfully obvious how ignorant you are to what this game actually is, and how much it differs from literally every UNS game before it.

    Finally, what does me having a WiiU have to do with anything...?

    "Every moment gives us a chance to become more than what we are."

    Tumblr (NSFW)
  • ascensionXascensionX Joined: Posts: 404
    I'm curious to see how this game stands up to other fighting games. KI mortal KOMBAT. I played revolutions with my nephew and I think Ninja storm 1. Its was extremely fun but I dont think I would play it competitively. maybe just for a few hours of fun.
    Support the Ascension X Project https://facebook.com/AscensionX2013 and follow us on twitter https://twitter.com/chrissanders3
  • SkullboySkullboy On Days Like This... Joined: Posts: 12,415
    ascensionX wrote: »
    I'm curious to see how this game stands up to other fighting games. KI mortal KOMBAT. I played revolutions with my nephew and I think Ninja storm 1. Its was extremely fun but I dont think I would play it competitively. maybe just for a few hours of fun.

    I don't think people will ever take this game as seriously as titles like MK and Killer Instinct.

    Most just can't get past the control scheme, the fact that it's Naruto, or both.
    "Every moment gives us a chance to become more than what we are."

    Tumblr (NSFW)
  • SkullboySkullboy On Days Like This... Joined: Posts: 12,415
    edited March 2015
    Hanabi confirmed playable for Storm 4:


    hRVM73.jpg



    "Every moment gives us a chance to become more than what we are."

    Tumblr (NSFW)
  • ForsakenM~ForsakenM~ Unstable Catalyst of Hype Joined: Posts: 197
    So I'm at the point with this game that I have decided how the Storm series is to be handled.

    If you wanna play to have fun, pick your fav character/team and do your best, you will be mildly rewarded. Play one of the 5 best characters in the game if you want to win, and you'll be rewarded with BP and rage quits.

    My friend who is actually quite bad at figuring out fighting games can sit there and spam New Madara's Ninjutsu and UJ, and charge chakra. That's all he'll do, and low and behold that is enough, due to the factors of Madara being completely invincible during the duration of the dragon being on screen. I hadn't gotten upset at this game in a while, but I finally reached the limit:

    You can't mix fun and serious with this game, and playstyle or skill does not factor in with the upper echelon of characters in this game. The best characters is this game require so little effort behind them that it's mindblowing, you don't even have to try with them, just press buttons and your gonna win. I understand that's pretty much the game in a nutshell, but when a few characters do it better than the rest, ranked shouldn't even have other characters outside Shisui, Madara, Obito, and Mecha Naruto.

    I've plugged hours into characters I like and found out broken stuff with them and developed strategies . I've studied the game for hours and learned how to use so many mechanics as effectively as one can in the situations given. I've even stuck with Single Match to improve my over-all gameplay when hitting teams, but none of that matters when facing an UJ-spamming Madara: all that matters is that he is Madara, and you aren't him or another one of the top 5.

    With all that being said, I still play and enjoy this game, it's just got me a bit frustrated right now. I still stand by my opinion of the Storm series hitting professional levels though:

    It never will, not because of the game, but because of the community.
    Current Goal: Working as many jobs as I can, while trying to balance money between important goals and maintaining sanity.

    PSN: ForsakenM
    3DS FC: 5301-0968-5196, ForsakenM~

    UMVC3: Hulk/G-Rida/Sentinel; MK9: Quan Chi; SG: Big Band; UNSR: Not quite sure yet!; MKX: So many good choices!
  • keo-baskeo-bas Joined: Posts: 1,984
    Ouch sorry to hear. I wanted to try this version but now with the update version I feel incline to wait
    Seikuken Disciple
    "That Phantom Breaker Guy"
  • SkullboySkullboy On Days Like This... Joined: Posts: 12,415
    ForsakenM~ wrote: »
    So I'm at the point with this game that I have decided how the Storm series is to be handled.

    If you wanna play to have fun, pick your fav character/team and do your best, you will be mildly rewarded. Play one of the 5 best characters in the game if you want to win, and you'll be rewarded with BP and rage quits.

    My friend who is actually quite bad at figuring out fighting games can sit there and spam New Madara's Ninjutsu and UJ, and charge chakra. That's all he'll do, and low and behold that is enough, due to the factors of Madara being completely invincible during the duration of the dragon being on screen. I hadn't gotten upset at this game in a while, but I finally reached the limit:

    You can't mix fun and serious with this game, and playstyle or skill does not factor in with the upper echelon of characters in this game. The best characters is this game require so little effort behind them that it's mindblowing, you don't even have to try with them, just press buttons and your gonna win. I understand that's pretty much the game in a nutshell, but when a few characters do it better than the rest, ranked shouldn't even have other characters outside Shisui, Madara, Obito, and Mecha Naruto.

    I've plugged hours into characters I like and found out broken stuff with them and developed strategies . I've studied the game for hours and learned how to use so many mechanics as effectively as one can in the situations given. I've even stuck with Single Match to improve my over-all gameplay when hitting teams, but none of that matters when facing an UJ-spamming Madara: all that matters is that he is Madara, and you aren't him or another one of the top 5.

    With all that being said, I still play and enjoy this game, it's just got me a bit frustrated right now. I still stand by my opinion of the Storm series hitting professional levels though:

    It never will, not because of the game, but because of the community.

    Sigh. Another post based on your personal experiences with the game, yet glances over how it actually plays. You're saying you have a fundamental understanding of how each character works, and yet at the same time admit to getting beat to...Ultimate Jutsu spam? How does that even become a problem? 95% of the time you get hit by an ultimate, it should be when you're getting combo'd into one with no subs.

    I'm not denying Madara is top tier, because he is, but he's not broken and he's certainly not even unbeatable with most of the cast. This is the reason Team Battles exist and it's also the reason why it's the default mode of play.
    "Every moment gives us a chance to become more than what we are."

    Tumblr (NSFW)
  • Phantom AngelPhantom Angel The Divine One™ Joined: Posts: 27,429
    You guys will never stop having these issues as long as you try to play these games competitively lol.
    "Old enough to know better, Young enough to not give a fuck"

    R.I.P. YusukeUrameshi aka Yusuke_The_Detective
  • ForsakenM~ForsakenM~ Unstable Catalyst of Hype Joined: Posts: 197

    Sigh. Another post based on your personal experiences with the game, yet glances over how it actually plays. You're saying you have a fundamental understanding of how each character works, and yet at the same time admit to getting beat to...Ultimate Jutsu spam? How does that even become a problem? 95% of the time you get hit by an ultimate, it should be when you're getting combo'd into one with no subs.

    I'm not denying Madara is top tier, because he is, but he's not broken and he's certainly not even unbeatable with most of the cast. This is the reason Team Battles exist and it's also the reason why it's the default mode of play.

    I never mentioned broken when describing a character, only describing things I learned with them in training mode, so for starters please do not put text in my post that isn't there. I also never said I lost to UJ spam, so if you would keep your assumptions to yourself and respond based on facts or things I actually typed, that would be great.

    Now I will be honest here: I did lose a total of two matches (4 'rounds', as the way I play with my friends is tournament-esq style) to my friend playing Madara and doing just as I stated above: standing still, throw shuriken, throw CE-shuriken, use ninjutsu, use UJ. I'll also admit that there really is no reason for someone experienced in this series to lose to that past Storm 2, that much is fair. However, there were a couple factors to said matches:

    1. My friend is the only one I play with outside the computer, as I refuse to go online until my internet gets upgraded. I rarely face Madara AI, so I only really see Madara when my friend picks him. I knew little of what he is capable of and (outside of his O-Mash) what made him so good.
    2. Even worse than not being familiar with Madara's tools, my friend normally picks Awakening Mode. This obviously means that I'm even less familiar with Madara's UJ, because I'm not even familiar with the character himself. I had literally no idea of the particulars revolving around Madara's UJ other than it's animations.
    3. My friend has a playstyle that I have observed and adapted to. Moving in with me and playing more often has changed him from someone who does whatever into someone who actually trys to make plays and reads. These matches (and the next two after) are what proved that to me. LST: He actually started playing for keeps, and it caught me off guard.
    4. I was playing with a character who has no projectile or range outside of shuriken. I can't recall who, but it may very well have been a version of Rock Lee, as he is one of my favorite Naruto characters. This made the keepaway even worse, as I had to figure out everything I could do to stay safe while also finding a way in at the same time, and trust me it was a bit rough.
    5. Our first round, I actually lost to my friend performing actual combos. It wasn't until after that round that I started having issues with the spamming, because I actually invested into the match trying to figure out ways to get in for later fights, throwing away caution and safe play. I took a lot of damage from things I could have easily avoided, but that wasn't my main goal.
    6. I actually learned a lot from the experience: got a better understanding of Madara's UJ hitbox, what moves I can actually just block out of and which I have to sub to avoid the UJ, how to interrupt his ninjutsu, how to not be forced into blocking any of his jutsu, better movement around his techniques, better understanding on the range of Madara's grab, learning the fact that some characters are just going to have issues against Madara's kit, the fact that you CAN interrupt Madara's UJ...even though the timing is rough and if you miss it the Wooden Dragon of Rektalot will steal your HP (aka if you mistime it, the dragon still emerges from the ground, and you are highly likely to be open), and the fact that attacking Madara from behind during the dragon's duration of the UJ does NOTHING and that Madara recovers back to a perfect neutral position...so it's super hard to punish before, and you can't punish during or after...yeck! ;/

    You may consider all those to be excuses, and I really don't care either way, but after that session I picked Madara and did the same thing and he fared much worse. I think I also managed to convince him that Madara is one of the top 5 characters in the roster, though I still think he believes that every characters is viable in a tournament setting, which as we all know is not true. ;)
    Current Goal: Working as many jobs as I can, while trying to balance money between important goals and maintaining sanity.

    PSN: ForsakenM
    3DS FC: 5301-0968-5196, ForsakenM~

    UMVC3: Hulk/G-Rida/Sentinel; MK9: Quan Chi; SG: Big Band; UNSR: Not quite sure yet!; MKX: So many good choices!
  • keo-baskeo-bas Joined: Posts: 1,984
    @ForsakenM~ While Martian opening statement could have been subtle your initial post show possible sighs that your not fully familiar and Martain attempts to educate you. Your follow up post doesn't do better job of getting your point across either. And yes your are making excuse my friend, I recommend you take a more humble approach.
    Seikuken Disciple
    "That Phantom Breaker Guy"
  • SkullboySkullboy On Days Like This... Joined: Posts: 12,415
    You guys will never stop having these issues as long as you try to play these games competitively lol.

    Nah, the issues will cease to be a problem when this guy realizes that Singles matches are an entirely different ballgame than Teams matches. He claims to have a firm understanding of the meta as well as how each character works, yet simoltaneously makes excuses as to why Madara is broken compared to the rest of the cast when he's BARELY top 5. It's simply ridiculous.

    Nevermind the fact that there's dozens of videos with high level play floating around, where the shit tier characters beat out the high tier characters all the time and vice versa. He just wants to make something black and white, when it's not.

    Literally any game that encompasses a player vs player format can be considered "competitive". It's just frustrating to see someone skew and distort information like this. He's saying things that are flat out untrue, and it's this type of stuff that newcomers see and then become turned off by when most of his statements about the game aren't based in reason or even fact, for that matter.
    "Every moment gives us a chance to become more than what we are."

    Tumblr (NSFW)
145791012
Sign In or Register to comment.