Naruto Ultimate Ninja Storm 2.0 (PS3/360)- Revolution out now!

The MartianThe Martian Redhead Webhead.Joined: Posts: 6,823 ✭✭✭✭✭
Naruto: Ultimate Ninja Storm Revolution is out folks! Go buy it and fuck shit up!

241uibq.gif

This thread will be the General Discussion of anything UNS (Ultimate Ninja Storm) related. All gameplay, matchmaking, team building, and other such topics of the game will be discussed here. Pretty much a general discussion hub for the Ninja Storm games (Ninja Storm 2, 3, Revolution, ect.) There doesn't seem to be much of a community around this game hence it doesn't really tread into the competitive scene, but I know I'm not the only one who enjoys these games.

To start us off:

Revolution Trailers:

Gameplay:
Spoiler:

Tournament Footage:
Spoiler:

ACTIVE PLAYER LIST

PS3

The Martian- Shadaloo_Martian
Phantom Angel- PhantomSRK
ForsakenM~- ForsakenM

Xbox 360

Post edited by The Martian on
"Power is not will. It is the phenomenon of physically making things happen."

PSN: Shadaloo_Martian
WiiU ID: IIMartianII
XBL: III Martian III

My Tumblr.
3DS Code: 4957-4227-9462

Comments

• The MartianThe Martian Redhead Webhead. Joined: Posts: 6,823 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited October 25
    An Overview of Basic Game Principles, and General Beginner Tips

When you're first getting into a UNS game, something you have to keep in mind is that it doesn't work like any other fighter in existence. Sure, there's a lot of common fighting-game knowledge you can apply here and there that applies to dozens of other games, but for the most part you're going to have to abandon the norms and get into the mindset this game wants you to operate under.

This game is 40% Yomi, and 60% high-speed resource management. Let me explain what I mean by these two things, because they are the two most important and basic factors to understanding how this game's meta works.

When I say resource management, it's actually a lot more literal than you'd think. Think about it. When you are fighting in this game, what are you doing? Trying to get off one frame links? FADC combos? Roman cancels? No, you are trying to outsmart your opponent at lightening quick speeds by forcing them to make bad decisions and use up THEIR resources while at the same time conserving as much of YOUR resources as you possibly can. The lack of a deep and complicated execution barrier boils the game down to this basic principle. You want to make sure your opponent can't sub out of your attacks, and you want to be able to keep them on their toes while also intelligently making use of your own subs.

Yomi, which is the art of mind games and trying to be two steps ahead of your opponent, is where this game really shines though. This is where the newcomers are REALLY separated from those who actually understand how these games work. Have you ever watched someone who understands the game on a very intimate level fight someone who knows next to nothing about how the game's meta works? You can learn 100% combos, have the best reaction time and the most incredible strategies in the world...but it simply won't matter against someone who has better Yomi than you do because they can break your playstyle down and destroy you like it's nothing. It's not because they necessarily have better execution than you, or because the important mechanics of the game are hidden behind an execution barrier, or because they're picking top tier.

This game is a true test of your understanding of its meta and underlying mechanics, vs another's understanding. And in my honest opinion, that's really what more fighters should place the focus on. Not to say execution-heavy games are bad or not fun, but there's an extent. Things like FADC combos and Roman Cancels are simply unnecessary.

But, I digress.

Now that (I hope) I've given you some insight towards the basic principles of the game, I'll get into some more tangible stuff. General beginner tips regarding the cast, mechanics, and so on and so far.

-Chakra dashing is literally one of your most important and crucial tools. You NEED to learn how it works, where it doesn't work and what it's for. Surely, you've noticed the most common and useful function it serves is to put your opponent in hitstun after they sub one of your attacks, which you then lead into some form of attack. How you attack at this point is really just dependent on the situation, but know that you have so many options that vary from character to character. Some people like to go into a grab, some have jutsu's that are fast and safe enough to be used, some can even get their tilt attacks out. But the most common response at this point in an attack is to just lead into a B/Circle (depending on which console you're playing) combo and then rinse and repeat.

-Chakra dashing is also usually how you're going to be maximizing your damage potential, seeing as how it's virtually your sole means of cancelling an attack. Learn your character to see how exactly their various combos work (there are Up, Down and Side combos. So three for every character) and when you should be chakra cancelling during said combo

-Pick assists with synergy. You'll have to just experiment yourself to see who works well with who.

-Study your character's tilt attacks. These are performed by flicking the left stick and then following up instantly with B or Circle. Every single character has a unique tilt, and some of them are even immensely useful (i.e, Itachi's, Minato's, Kabuto's, EMS Sasuke....) and can often be combo'd into.

-Learn what jutsu's beat out what jutsu's. One big rule of thumb is that if a jutsu that uses your own body as a part of the attack (i.e, Naruto's Rasengan) goes up against a jutsu which is more projectile-like (i.e., Sasuke's Ametarasu) then Naruto would lose out and eat huge damage in that scenario. It takes a little while to learn what jutsu everyone uses, but eventually it just starts becoming a matter of common sense.

-Since this is the first game to introduce grooves for each character ( Awakening Type, Ultimate Jutsu Type and Drive Type) as well as parries, I'll just quickly go over those too. In previous games, every character had a true awakening and a Ultimate Jutsu, while a select few had those as WELL as an instant awakening which allowed you to switch between two forms mid battle (and even mid combo). Changing forms usually made you faster and stronger while at the cost of your maximum chakra slowly depleting. Some characters even gained new moves while in their awakened state. NOW, it works much differently.

1.)Ultimate Jutsu Type allows your character (or team, if in Team Battles) to do an Ultimate Jutsu Attack, which is basically an extremely damaging super at the cost of usually being fairly easy to avoid. At least, in previous games it was. Now, since they all received a universal damage nerf, they are very easy to combo into. This will be an important strategy to master if you prefer choosing this groove. A lot of people like to use an UJ immediately after parrying, as it is literally impossible to escape. It's also important to note that some teams have unique Team Ultimate Jutsu's which change the animations entirely. Study which teams work together to see how they differ. Choosing this groove prevents you from being able to awaken, or to use Drive functions with your two (or one) assists.

2.) Awakening Type allows your character to switch back and forth between two forms, sometimes changing their moves but always giving them a speed and strength boost. It is useful for applying up close pressure, extending combos (hence you can switch back and forth between forms mid combo) and ESPECIALLY good for applying pressure on block. Most people however will see that you're about to break their guard and sub behind you. So just be aware of that. Choosing this type also gives you access to your True Awakening form, which you can activate once you've filled up the blue bar near your health by dealing out and receiving damage in battle. This form is usually WAY more powerful than your instant awakening, so study them and see what you can do with your character while they are active. They normally won't even last longer than 20 seconds or so. Choosing this groove prevents you from being able to perform Ultimate Jutsu's, or from being able to use Drive Functions with your two (or one) assists.

3.) Drive Type allows your main character to command your assist characters in unique ways. You can switch them between Attack and Guard Drives mid battle, while then being able to switch to Auto Drive once a green bar near your health becomes full. While in attack mode, your assists will always be on the offensive. Meaning when you start a combo they will also combo on your opponent and add a massive amount of damage to your attacks. When in Guard Mode, they will attempt to stand between you and your opponent whenever they dash at or throw kunai at you. This gives you a MASSIVE advantage because you are free to move or start attacking while your assists take all the pressure. They will also guard you if you are knocked into a dizzy state while Guard Drive is active, and guard you while you charge chakra. Auto type allows your assists to perform all the functions of BOTH Drive types, with the added benefit of being able to perform a Seal attack on your opponent. Seal attacks cut off a huge portion of your opponents substitutions or chakra for a limited amount of time, if you manage to land it. Chosing this groove prevents you from being able to perform Ultimate Jutsu's, or being able to use an instant and True Awakening.

-Learn how to parry. Parries are performed by hitting Right Trigger/R2+ X/Square at the same time, and they will lower a portion of your maximum chakra every time you use one. They are also extremely punishable, so use them wisely.

That's a good portion of the basics, off the top of my head. I can't really think of anything else I really need to go over at the moment. Simply playing and learning how shit works is gonna be the biggest part of leveling up in this game. Just be ready to accept defeat fairly often when you're first starting out, it's all a part of the process. Learn from mistakes and start understanding why the shit that happens, happens. It all starts molding together and becoming easier to comprehend the more you see different things happen. B)

Character Breakdown Videos, by Character

Hidan
    Spoiler:

Danzo
    Spoiler:

War Obito
    Spoiler:

Sage Hashirama
    Spoiler:

Deidara
    Spoiler:

Fan Madara
    Spoiler:

Kamui Kakashi
    Spoiler:

Mecha Naruto
    Spoiler:
    Post edited by The Martian on

My Tumblr.
  • SaikyoStyleSaikyoStyle Not Sure Joined: Posts: 1,056 ✭✭✭
    The only Naruto fighter I've played/owned is NS2. Hard learning curve without a manual but overall the fighting is more satisfying than the PS2 Inuyasha fighter and the later DBZ Tenkaichi games. Seriously, Budokai 3 had a great feel to it, then Tenkaichi happened and it was like...what the fuck, why fix what isn't broken?! But I digress, this is a Naruto thread and HINATA AND HAKU ARE THE BEST, NO ARGUMENTS!
    Move along, Nothing to see here.
    Haku is badass. It really seems like Mask, Deidara and Minato are in the like, borderline broken tier though.

I'd really like to get good with Gaara or Kisame, but they're just so damn slow. :shake:

My Tumblr.
  • Phantom AngelPhantom Angel Mr. Contrarian™ Joined: Posts: 12,052 ✭✭✭✭✭
    :db: The best

I skipped Generations so, I can't wait for 3. I like the new gameplay elements they've added between this and Generations but, I hope the online is better than 2.
    "Old enough to know better, Young enough to not give a fuck"
    GT: IX Phantom IV
    PSN: PhantomSRK
    3DS: 2981 - 6233 - 6740
    ファントム
  • GonoXLGonoXL Joined: Posts: 40
    Wondering why sasuke is so high on that tier list? His grab is godlike, but all his other moves and damage seem pretty standard. The only top tier ability I found was susano'o, but I quickly discovered going on offense shuts it down completely. It's attacks are too slow to start when pressured. (Ironically, the exact opposite of how susanoo should play)
    Wondering why sasuke is so high on that tier list? His grab is godlike, but all his other moves and damage seem pretty standard. The only top tier ability I found was susano'o, but I quickly discovered going on offense shuts it down completely. It's attacks are too slow to start when pressured. (Ironically, the exact opposite of how susanoo should play)
    Yeah, pretty sure it's mostly because of his awakening. Which is weird because it's not nearly one of the best awakenings in the game.

Minato is borderline broken because of his...

My Tumblr.
  • ShariShari Overestimated. Joined: Posts: 2,602 ✭✭

ls the game as shallow as described in the video ?
    Haunts: Is it lag or just impeccable footsies and spacing, I don't know.
    MiloDC: I beat YuuVega -- yes, that YuuVega -- the first time I played Claw seriously in my entire life.

ls the game as shallow as described in the video ?
    Video is all wrong. I watched it for about 2 minutes then stopped once I heard the guy saying stupid bullshit about the combo system.

The combo system in this game is simple for the most part, but that's because it's a fighter that doesn't really focus on long combos and locking down your opponent. At least, not in the traditional sense. So, here's the run down.

The only button used for normals in this game is B. Pressing B in combination with different strokes of the control stick causes different combos of varying damage and style to come out. Teleporting out of hitstun is possible, but you can only do it a limited amount of times before having to wait for it to recharge again (Storm 2 doesn't show the stamina bar for teleportations, but in Generations there is one to show you how many teleports you have left). Often what happens in this game, is that you're trying to have more stamina than your opponent does so you can lock them down and keep them from escaping your combos with teleports.

Storm isn't a competitive-centric fighter because a lot of people consider a lot of the factors in it "game breaking", such as awakenings, item usage, ect. However, the reality is probably just that no one wants to play a competitive fighter with such limited combo options, or a Naruto fighter to begin with...:bluu:

However, the beauty of this game is that it puts more focus on fun rather than actually "winning", per se. This is one of the few fighters I can play, lose often in, and still want to play more because of how damn fun and stylish the fights are. Trust me, nothing is funner than watching two advanced Storm players go at it. The fights are CRAZY fast paced and almost every fight is on par with fights that could have actually taken place in the show. Sometimes it even gets to a point where the fights are so fast that its hard for spectators to even realize what's going on. That's why I love this game. Fights are crazy action packed, and stylish as FUCK. Hell, even dashing around in a circle is cool looking. And since there is only one button for normals, they have intentionally made it easier for EVERYONE to enjoy themselves and have action packed, high paced and crazy ass fights, while at the same time the advanced players can have even crazier fights as well.

It's a really good system, honestly. It has a few kinks, like dumb-ass items that no one uses really and one or two broken awakenings, but other than that it really is a solid and fun fighter. I would love to see them work out the bugs and make some changes to the system so that it could actually be considered a competitive fighter.

My Tumblr.
  • ShariShari Overestimated. Joined: Posts: 2,602 ✭✭
    Doesn't sound like a game i would like but have fun.
    Haunts: Is it lag or just impeccable footsies and spacing, I don't know.
    MiloDC: I beat YuuVega -- yes, that YuuVega -- the first time I played Claw seriously in my entire life.
    It's definitely not for everyone.

My Tumblr.
  • Ben PerkinsBen Perkins Joined: Posts: 6,163 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Someone tell me about UNS2 and UNSG. I'm nostalgic for the GC/Wii games and both of the 360 games are on sale at my gamestop. Tell me about both (and the pros/cons thereof) in excrutiating detail. Someone. Please.
    Someone tell me about UNS2 and UNSG. I'm nostalgic for the GC/Wii games and both of the 360 games are on sale at my gamestop. Tell me about both (and the pros/cons thereof) in excrutiating detail. Someone. Please.
    Look at my above post. If you have any other specific questions than just ask lol
    Video is all wrong. I watched it for about 2 minutes then stopped once I heard the guy saying stupid bullshit about the combo system.

The combo system in this game is simple for the most part, but that's because it's a fighter that doesn't really focus on long combos and locking down your opponent. At least, not in the traditional sense. So, here's the run down.

The only button used for normals in this game is B. Pressing B in combination with different strokes of the control stick causes different combos of varying damage and style to come out. Teleporting out of hitstun is possible, but you can only do it a limited amount of times before having to wait for it to recharge again (Storm 2 doesn't show the stamina bar for teleportations, but in Generations there is one to show you how many teleports you have left). Often what happens in this game, is that you're trying to have more stamina than your opponent does so you can lock them down and keep them from escaping your combos with teleports.

Storm isn't a competitive-centric fighter because a lot of people consider a lot of the factors in it "game breaking", such as awakenings, item usage, ect. However, the reality is probably just that no one wants to play a competitive fighter with such limited combo options, or a Naruto fighter to begin with...:bluu:

However, the beauty of this game is that it puts more focus on fun rather than actually "winning", per se. This is one of the few fighters I can play, lose often in, and still want to play more because of how damn fun and stylish the fights are. Trust me, nothing is funner than watching two advanced Storm players go at it. The fights are CRAZY fast paced and almost every fight is on par with fights that could have actually taken place in the show. Sometimes it even gets to a point where the fights are so fast that its hard for spectators to even realize what's going on. That's why I love this game. Fights are crazy action packed, and stylish as FUCK. Hell, even dashing around in a circle is cool looking. And since there is only one button for normals, they have intentionally made it easier for EVERYONE to enjoy themselves and have action packed, high paced and crazy ass fights, while at the same time the advanced players can have even crazier fights as well.

It's a really good system, honestly. It has a few kinks, like dumb-ass items that no one uses really and one or two broken awakenings, but other than that it really is a solid and fun fighter. I would love to see them work out the bugs and make some changes to the system so that it could actually be considered a competitive fighter.

My Tumblr.
    Also if you buy let's play that shit

My Tumblr.
    -Is there a theater/watch fights mode in either?

-Does it take a million years to unlock doods?

-Is UNSG better than UNS2?

-Is UNS2 better than UNSG?

-70 characters is ALOT of characters, damn
    snip
    -No, but I'm pretty sure the next one coming out in March will have one.

-In Generations, no Just play through story for 40 minutes and skip the cutscenes and you're done. Also I'm pretty sure you can just put cheats into both of them.

-UNSG is better because there's WAY more characters AND assist only characters, none of which Storm 2 had. Generations also shows the substitution bar, which is really useful so you don't have to just guess when you have any teleports left like in Storm 2. However Storm 2 had a WAY better campaign because it let's you actually play out the anime scenarios, like 3 is doing.

-Not really, no. Unless you care more about the campaign.

-And 3 is gonna have even more.

EDIT: NEVERMIND, THERE ARE REPLAYS I WAS WRONG.

My Tumblr.
    Fuck, that's another game on the list for next year. I'm never gonna have any spare cash.

I see that having a UNS2 save file gives you 11 characters in UNSG. CAn you get them without the save file? GameFAQs seems divided on this
    Fuck, that's another game on the list for next year. I'm never gonna have any spare cash.

I see that having a UNS2 save file gives you 11 characters in UNSG. CAn you get them without the save file? GameFAQs seems divided on this
    I actually had no clue about that :eek: What characters are they? If I have them then yes you can, because I don't have a Storn 2 save file on here.

My Tumblr.
  • ZeroTheHeroZeroTheHero Nothing but GG's Joined: Posts: 39

basically the gameplay is like to make an entire game out of dragon rush mode from budokai 3 or tacs from marvel. A bunch of auto 50/50's and guessing which is fun but things like spacing, movement, reactions, and matchup knowledge take a backseat to concepts like option abuse,resource management, and being able to play a good game of rock paper scissors. You even have to implement guessing games and use stagger timing once a hit is landed since just like in earlier doa's there are no guaranteed combos everything can be substitution jutsu'ed even on hit. You never get rewarded for making smart decisions for this reason because there is no real advantage other than bar which is a pretty free resource to build so again it very difficult to play smart because everyone gets the same reward regardless of their decisions. Top tiers are usually pretty dominant because of awakening abilities because awakening abilities are the only guaranteed rewards in the game. Which is even scrubbier because its the ultra/ xfactor mechanic........ the reward you get for getting your ass handed to you. Other wise its pretty fun and looks pretty . From a competetive view though dont expect it to be very stimulating in that respect. Also I liked nuns2 the best cuz of lars thats it they are all pretty much the same its just a matter of what little nuances you like. I will say 2 had a pretty nice campaign though it was kinda like regular fighter story mode with some challenge tower style twists in their all wrapped in a jrpg shell.
    TTT2: Kazuya/Lars SF4AE: Oni, Fei-Long // PSABR: Kratos, Drake // UMVC3:Zero(dp)/Vergil(RS)/Doom(Missile) // VF5FS: Jean
    I actually had no clue about that :eek: What characters are they? If I have them then yes you can, because I don't have a Storn 2 save file on here.

[SIZE=12px]
    The characters they give you are the Genin 12 + their sensei IIRC. Having Storm 1 gives Ino, Shikamaru, Choji, Neji, Tenten, Lee, Kiba, Hinata, Shino, Asuma, and Guy right off the bat. Storm 2 gives the Shippuden versions of those characters. [/SIZE]
    basically the gameplay is like to make an entire game out of dragon rush mode from budokai 3 or tacs from marvel. A bunch of auto 50/50's and guessing which is fun but things like 1.spacing, movement, reactions, and matchup knowledge take a backseat to concepts like option abuse,resource management, and being able to play a good game of rock paper scissors. You even have to implement guessing games and use stagger timing once a hit is landed since just like in earlier doa's there are no guaranteed combos everything can be substitution jutsu'ed even on hit. You never get rewarded for making smart decisions for this reason 2.because there is no real advantage other than bar which is a pretty free resource to build so again it very difficult to play smart because everyone gets the same reward regardless of their decisions. Top tiers are usually pretty dominant because of awakening abilities because awakening abilities are the only guaranteed rewards in the game. Which is even scrubbier because its the ultra/ xfactor mechanic........ the reward you get for getting your ass handed to you. Other wise its pretty fun and looks pretty . From a competetive view though dont expect it to be very stimulating in that respect. Also I liked nuns2 the best cuz of 3.lars thats it they are all pretty much the same its just a matter of what little nuances you like. I will say 2 had a pretty nice campaign though it was kinda like regular fighter story mode with some challenge tower style twists in their all wrapped in a jrpg shell.

1.Uh, spacing, movement and reactions AS WELL as substitution are the most important factors to winning a match. Knowing when to get in, knowing when to space out and zone, and knowing exactly where you want to dash are all things that you need to take into account if you're going to win. Tricking your opponent into wasting teleports, dashing in on other people's substitution, knowing when to guard a dash, ect. These are ALL things you need to take into account if you even want a chance at winning against a human player.

Also...reactions and matchup knowledge take a backseat? Are you kidding me? You look me in the eye and tell me it's a good idea to rush down a good Lee player, or that this game doesn't usually require SUPERB timing and reaction capability.

2.There are tons of advantages and strategies outside of bar, like tricking your opponent into wasting bar, or using certain assists with certain types of strategies. For example, Lee likes Hinata and Pain on guard assists because he can use them to protect him as he charges chakra. Characters like Itachi and Susaano Sasuke like Hidan's assist because they have weird normals and he can compensate for that, making the opponent waste subsitution or just keeping the opponent's pressure down. There's tons of factors that you're not taking into account.

3.There are more differences between Storm 2 and Generations besides Lars (who wasn't even that good really). Such as the campaign, the visual substitution bar, assist only characters, way more regular characters...I'm starting to wonder if you ever even play these games.
    [SIZE=12px]The characters they give you are the Genin 12 + their sensei IIRC. Having Storm 1 gives Ino, Shikamaru, Choji, Neji, Tenten, Lee, Kiba, Hinata, Shino, Asuma, and Guy right off the bat. Storm 2 gives the Shippuden versions of those characters. [/SIZE]
    Oh, well then yeah, you can unlock those without the save file.

Worst case scenario I'm pretty sure there's cheats too, so

My Tumblr.
    Oh, well then yeah, you can unlock those without the save file.

Worst case scenario I'm pretty sure there's cheats too, so

[SIZE=12px]
    Yes. Tale of Young Naruto Uzumaki gives the PTS characters. Tale of Naruto Uzumaki, I assume, gives the Shippuden characters.[/SIZE]

[SIZE=11px]Grabbed off GameFAQs. Hopefully it's accurate, I think I'mma grab this tomorrow. Also hahaha tiny text![/SIZE]
    I'm starting to wonder if you ever even play these games.

First off I'm an adult speak to me as such do not attempt to insult my knowledge about subject matter just because you do not carry my same view point.

When it comes to your fist point you completely missed the other side of mine which was that things like resource management take precedent which most of your counterpoints are indeed based around resource management and being aple to play rps. Baiting your opp to teleport is an example of both encouraging your opponent to poorly spend his resources while getting him to guess incorrectly. Assist synergy is an example of option abuse. I also did not claim that none of those elements of spacing, movement, and reaction time did not exist in the game I simply stated that there importance is not as great as the resource management and guessing aspects. Roster change, campaign update etc are all little nuances. There were more changes in this years Call of Duty than there were between the 3 NUNS games combined.

I'm not attacking your game dude I state both pro's as well as cons. This is why you dont see these kind of discussions here on SRK about other games because people like you open threads and get too sensitive about public opinion people either read it and leave it alone,or see that its easy to flamebait you and start trolling your shit. It's not a bad game, not great but not bad either.
    TTT2: Kazuya/Lars SF4AE: Oni, Fei-Long // PSABR: Kratos, Drake // UMVC3:Zero(dp)/Vergil(RS)/Doom(Missile) // VF5FS: Jean
    snip
    I didn't mean for it to seem as if I was mad or something, but looking at it now I can see how one would think that lol.

However I don't think that the spacing, baiting, movement and reaction aspects take a backseat to option abuses and the rock paper scissor factors. It seems as if you're stating that using the latter concepts is almost mandatory if you're wanting to beat any competent opponent at this game.

My Tumblr.
    Is there a vs CPU mode in UNS: Generalizations? And how do I made money in this game?
    DL'd the demos for both games, will post my thoughts here after
    Is there a vs CPU mode in UNS: Generalizations? And how do I made money in this game?
    Yeah, and you make money any time you complete a fight.

Actually you pretty much unlock something every time you finish a fight. I'm still unlocking shit.

My Tumblr.
    Yeah, and you make money any time you complete a fight.

Actually you pretty much unlock something every time you finish a fight. I'm still unlocking shit.

:rofl: Worrrrrrd. That's awesome
    Not impressed with UNS2 so far. Kakashi fucking cheats constantly.
    I liked Gen MUCH better. Gonna see if I can get a deal on it today.
    20 bucks on gamefly is the best deal i know of
    I got it for 20 bones at my Gamestop. It pays to work here :D looking forward to firing this up tonight.
    ^if you can get hours
    I don't seem to be grasping the concept of Tilt Attacks. I'm tilting and pressing Attack but something isn't working. What motion makes them work/what am I missing?
  • OmNiExiZtOmNiExiZt Fuckin Up Yo IgZiStEnce Joined: Posts: 1,144
    I don't think I'll be getting UNS3 and here's why. They've taken out to many characters and only added 4. Granted that I didn't use most of them, I'd end up losing a lot of the ones that I want. I also don't really care about the story battles. They are cool at first, but after they've been beaten, I don't realy see myself going back to them.

I would like to get it because they are tweaking the fighting system or so they say. Also, you can now kill assist characters, so that'll stop a lot of the bullshit that we've all had to deal with in each installment. I'm just wondering how the KNJ system will work.
    *ONEZ*
    Omni-Exizt - Demi-God
    The embodiment of thought in all Creation. Determined that all living things, including humans, desire the destruction of Earth. Plans on destroying not only Earth, but all of Creation.
    The secret of life-:snka::snkb::snkb: :snka: START
    I don't seem to be grasping the concept of Tilt Attacks. I'm tilting and pressing Attack but something isn't working. What motion makes them work/what am I missing?

Flick the Analog Stick then press the attack button.
    ファントム
  • BigDeweyBigDewey Joined: Posts: 1,275 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited March 2013
    Here's all the changes for Storm 3 at this point:

And here are the scans for the newest playable characters.
    http://www.saiyanisland.com/2012/12/naruto-storm-3-scan-jinchuriki-action-kakuzu-boss-battle/

I'm new here so I was wondering if there are any tags or embeds to use for posting, I don't see any at the moment.

Edit: Nevermind, issue with javascript on my end. :sweat:
    Post edited by BigDewey on
  • SenjuGkageSenjuGkage Joined: Posts: 7
    That tier list is pretty booboo lol Didn't think I'd find a forum about Naruto on here.
    SenjuGkage Back At it Again
    You have to wait until the stick centers again after the tilt. It should've been called a "flick" instead of a "tilt"

You can get all the characters by unlocking them through story if you don't have a save file from a previous game. There aren't any exclusive characters unlocked from having previous game save files
  • Will_DieselWill_Diesel Noble Savage of the inner city's darkest quarters. Joined: Posts: 813 ✭✭✭
    Just saw the gameplay vid of Asuma vs. Chouji.

Please tell me those Shinobi Alliance vests are situational and not standard for the characters.
    Liberalism is a mental disease.
  • Will_DieselWill_Diesel Noble Savage of the inner city's darkest quarters. Joined: Posts: 813 ✭✭✭
    Not impressed with UNS2 so far. Kakashi fucking cheats constantly.

Really? It has some of the best boss battles in the series so far by far.
    Just saw the gameplay vid of Asuma vs. Chouji.

Please tell me those Shinobi Alliance vests are situational and not standard for the characters.

They usually keep the costumes from previous games as options, so I would assume that those will be optional as well.
  • StriderAaron360StriderAaron360 Insanity = Superpower Joined: Posts: 233
    You guys think Madara will be in this game?
    UMVC3 Teams: (Rocket Raccoon, Strider Hiryu, Doctor Doom), (She-Hulk, Doctor Doom, Lei-Lei)
    Youtube Channel: http://www.youtube.com/user/SuperAaron360/videos?view=pl
    XBL GT: Aaron of Konoha
    DeviantArt: Super-Aaron-360

Nah... I don't think it'll go that far into the war. It follows the anime's progression primarily.
    ファントム
  • ShintarruShintarru Not your Average Joe Joined: Posts: 534 ✭✭

I could see him as a secret unlock but im not sure how far the story goes.
    Time is money, money is power, power corrupts eventually.
    Nah... I don't think it'll go that far into the war. It follows the anime's progression primarily.

While true, Namco and CC2 both said that it'll have something for fans who follow the manga, so you never know. If they are going to do it, look for it around mid to late January for an annoucement. At the very least, we'll have all nine jinchuuriki with their awakenings being bijuu mode.

They still haven't even formally announced Rinnegan Tobi though he was briefly seen in an early trailer. Plus they still have to announce Edo Nagato and Itachi. A new trailer is set to release Tuesday. I'll have it posted on my Youtube channel.
    There were some reports that stated this game will cover the entire war arc. I don't remember if was on SaiyanIsland or the officiL website but Madara should most definitely be in the mix.

Yea the games follow the anime primarily but nothing that can't be improvised such as the VA and jutsu.
    Here's the latest Naruto Storm 3 trailer!
  • BigDeweyBigDewey Joined: Posts: 1,275 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yes! Hell Yes! :wow:

Killer Bee with Samehada! All the Jinchuuriki showing off their best moves!

It's gonna be one fun ass game to play.
    This game looks beyond sick. I'm glad they brought the Open-World Roaming back, as well as the giant boss battles. It looks like they're getting into a good portion of the war but, it looks like they're going to stop at the point Naruto joins, or close it.
    ファントム
    Dat back to belly suplex!!!!

Couldn't see if the game went for autheticity and gave The Raikage just one arm.