Naruto: Ultimate Ninja Storm 3.

Comments

• SenjuGkageSenjuGkage Joined: Posts: 7
    Dat back to belly suplex!!!!

Couldn't see if the game went for autheticity and gave The Raikage just one arm.
    Raikage still has both arms in the game. That 5tails Han with that Santoryu ultimate jutsu is a boss!
    SenjuGkage Back At it Again
  • Phantom AngelPhantom Angel Mr. Contrarian™ Joined: Posts: 6,942 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I was looking for that in Generations but, he still had both. I don't why, though.. He lost it during the fight with Sasuke at the Summit, which was well before the war.
    "Old enough to know better, Young enough to not give a fuck"
    GT: IX Phantom IV
    PSN: PhantomSRK
    3DS: 2981 - 6233 - 6740
    ファントム
  • BigDeweyBigDewey Joined: Posts: 839 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm sure the Raikage still having both arms is a part of some Japanese sensibility where it's inappropriate to have a handicapable character in a game.

You know, similar to how Future Gohan in DBZ games always had both arms.
    I'm sure the Raikage still having both arms is a part of some Japanese sensibility where it's inappropriate to have a handicapable character in a game.

You know, similar to how Future Gohan in DBZ games always had both arms.

No, he didn't... I'm sure he had one arm in Shin Budokai 2.. or one of them.

Edit: It was DBZ: Sagas where he was playable with one arm
    ファントム
  • SenjuGkageSenjuGkage Joined: Posts: 7
    85 screenshots I made of the Naruto Storm 3 trailer 4 since a lot happened pretty fast. Didnt even see how samehada had his tongue out with Bee lol
    SenjuGkage Back At it Again
    No, he didn't... I'm sure he had one arm in Shin Budokai 2.. or one of them.

Edit: It was DBZ: Sagas where he was playable with one arm
    But you do know that DBZ Sagas was made by an American developer, right? :rolleyes:
    But you do know that DBZ Sagas was made by an American developer, right? :rolleyes:

I guess that does make a difference...
    ファントム
    Subbed version of the trailer:

ファントム
  • zeechzeech Dismember Joined: Posts: 578
    NUNS games always make me sad. The generous buffer and slow animations make it ideal for rollback netcode. It would pretty much be indistinguishable from offline if it had decent netcode (rollback or not). But sadly they never bother to put in anything but loljapan-level netcode.
  • The MartianThe Martian Web-headed scrub. Joined: Posts: 5,051 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Here's all the changes for Storm 3 at this point:

And here are the scans for the newest playable characters.
    Added to the op. Thanks! :tup:
    Here's the latest Naruto Storm 3 trailer!
    I'm going to play this game until it fucking breaks.
    "For the curse of life, is the curse of want.
    And so, you peer...
    Into the fog, in hopes of answers."

PSN: Shadaloo_Martian
    XBL: III Martian III

• SaitsuSaitsu Keys Anyone? Joined: Posts: 16,340 ✭✭✭✭✭

Let this be the last time that abomination they for some reason called a game is ever mentioned by the populace again.
    GT: TrinityRagnarok: The Miracle FINALLY Happened
    FC: 0490-4604-8179 UMvC3: Thor/Doom/Ammy
    SFxT: Cammy/Paul, Lars/Nina, Rolento/Lili
    Injustice: Nightwing
  • SaitsuSaitsu Keys Anyone? Joined: Posts: 16,340 ✭✭✭✭✭

Let this be the last time that abomination they for some reason called a game is ever mentioned by the populace again.
    GT: TrinityRagnarok: The Miracle FINALLY Happened
    FC: 0490-4604-8179 UMvC3: Thor/Doom/Ammy
    SFxT: Cammy/Paul, Lars/Nina, Rolento/Lili
    Injustice: Nightwing
    Ok can someone spar with me in Generations? I'm about to pop a blood vessel over this game.
    And so, you peer...

• Will_DieselWill_Diesel Noble Savage of the inner city's darkest quarters. Joined: Posts: 640 ✭✭✭

The demo is aiight. Nothing mind blowing, and Generations pretty much spoiled the Minato vs. Masked Man fight.

The biggest complaint is the alleged inclusion of The PTS characters Sakura, Sasuke, Naruto, Gaara, Neji, Lee and Kimimaro. There may or may not be a mode in which you can replay the Sasuke Retrieval Arc but people are losing their shit because CC2 stated they wouldn't have any of the PTS characters return.

It's funny actually. 

Liberalism is a mental disease.
  • blazeu25blazeu25 blaze it up Joined: Posts: 2,030 ✭✭
    all i have to say is original madara and the 1st hokage better be playable.the reason i didt buy generations bc madara wasnt playable :( just in anime scenes 
  • shin neferioshin neferio BEHOLD! Joined: Posts: 781
    how many players can play this at once?
    5th King of Tetris
  • Will_DieselWill_Diesel Noble Savage of the inner city's darkest quarters. Joined: Posts: 640 ✭✭✭
    blazeu25 said:
    all i have to say is original madara and the 1st hokage better be playable.the reason i didt buy generations bc madara wasnt playable :( just in anime scenes 

Both are rumored to be in and fully playable.
    how many players can play this at once?
    2?
    madara confirmed! going to buy this ASAP

• IchipooIchipoo Not in front of the mirror, it's embarrassing <3 Joined: Posts: 2,493
    So apparently there's a new mechanic that's universal to everybody in the new game which is called a Coordinated Attack which have your support(s) create setups into whatever you want, ougis included, if assuming that the attack initiating it which is executed by your main character connects. While it doesn't really affect balance since everybody can do it, at the very least, every character, especially those who have a slow combo starter, hard to connect ougi, strings that don't really set up anything, etc. has the opportunity to inflict a large amounts of damage at once.

*insert generic shiny, glowy, and heavily photoshopped animu sig here*
    https://twitter.com/lchipoo
    Who's getting this on day one?

If so ya'll should add me. I need more Naruto buddies. 
    And so, you peer...

Madara ain't got shit on Minato.. I'm gonna enjoy beating his zombie ass lol

Who's getting this on day one?

If so ya'll should add me. I need more Naruto buddies. 
    I'm not sure about day 1(posted why in the Manga Thread), but I'll add you.

IX Phantom IV (XBL)

Anybody else that's picking this up can add me as well.
    ファントム

??

Not sure of what I saw in a gameplay video but it seems like one or both support characters can be K.O. for the remainder of the match. Also Madara's English VA sounds off. It may be due to the story not revealing who Tobi really is.

Anyway I will pick this up but it's complete bullshit that the E/T Kages are NPC.

??

Not sure of what I saw in a gameplay video but it seems like one or both support characters can be K.O. for the remainder of the match. Also Madara's English VA sounds off. It may be due to the story not revealing who Tobi really is.

Anyway I will pick this up but it's complete bullshit that the E/T Kages are NPC.

-Supports can now be K.O'd, yes. (thank god)

-....are you not caught up in the mangas...?

-The Edo Tensei Kages ARE actually playable. 
    And so, you peer...

@Will_Diesel

So, I guess the Edo Kages actually aren't playable, like you said. The Seven Sordsmen aren't either. What the fuck?

That being said, all of you should go and take like 2 minutes to sign this petition. It has about 16,000 supporters so far. 
    And so, you peer...

• DallasDallas Joined: Posts: 20
    Hi I want to start hosting tournaments for this game in Arizona most likely at gaming zone, however I need to take role on how many people would actually be willing to attend these tournaments who would play this game for money? If I can get at least 10 or 15 people I will get started on this.
    Ha, I live in Colorado. Otherwise I'd be all for it.
    And so, you peer...

• ChomPChomP Joined: Posts: 113
    Kankuro uses his scorpion puppet in this game?
  • HecatomHecatom (・Д・)ノ Joined: Posts: 12,293 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Anyone knows if this game will be released on the PSN?
    ( •_•) IT'S NOT RAPE,
    ( •_•)>⌐■-■
    IT'S SURPRISE SEX! (⌐■_■)
    YEAAAAAAAAAAHHH!!
    "Orgasm is a simile for the emotional epiphany a woman has when the shame of penetration is eclipsed by the inherent virtue of servicing a man." ~ Kromo.
    ( •_•)
    ( ಠ_ಠ)
    ( ಥ_ಥ)
    ChomP said:
    Kankuro uses his scorpion puppet in this game?
    Pretty sure he used it in Generations too.

Hecatom said:
    Anyone knows if this game will be released on the PSN?
    There's a good chance, PSN is usually reliable for that kinda' thing. They did it with Ni No Kuni, Dead Space 3, and a few other games when they came out.
    And so, you peer...

• Blacksonic21Blacksonic21 aka HsienKosHelper Joined: Posts: 484
    I haven't played any of the ultimate ninja storm games, but I'll be picking this up tomorrow. If anyone want's to add me on XBL go for it.
    XBLGT: HsienKosHelper
    SSF4AE: Makoto/Honda
    UMVC3: Hulk/Hsien-ko/Sentinel - Felicia/Doom/Strider
  • DallasDallas Joined: Posts: 20
    Hey Guys Im trying to get the Naruto ultimate ninja storm 3 scene more known this year in 2013 and Im trying to have tournaments for it in Arizona preferably Tempe. Would you all be interested? Of course these tournaments would be for money and they would be held at Gaming Zone.
    What was the point in Pre-Ordering this game when all of the "bonuses" come packaged in the box? Oh well... At least I got a poster out of it...
    ファントム
    Yeah, I got Goku for just buying it at Wal Mart, lol. Glad I cancelled my pre-order at Game Stop, would've had to wait all day to get it.

I got a few hours in last night and this morning. Pretty great so far. The story let's you play at your own pace, which is very very nice. I'm not forced to do all these bullshit missions like I was in Storm 2, I can just breeze through and play through the main story. What I plan on doing is just beating the story to get the characters and then I'll take my time and play more meticulously on the second playthrough.

Right now I'm just trying to unlock Nagato...

Also, how are you guys getting bigger avatars?
    And so, you peer...

• HecatomHecatom (・Д・)ノ Joined: Posts: 12,293 ✭✭✭✭✭

We are simply part of the favorites of SRK
    ( •_•) IT'S NOT RAPE,
    ( •_•)>⌐■-■
    IT'S SURPRISE SEX! (⌐■_■)
    YEAAAAAAAAAAHHH!!
    "Orgasm is a simile for the emotional epiphany a woman has when the shame of penetration is eclipsed by the inherent virtue of servicing a man." ~ Kromo.
    ( •_•)
    ( ಠ_ಠ)
    ( ಥ_ಥ)
    Hecatom wrote: »

We are simply part of the favorites of SRK

2vl9qo2.gif
    And so, you peer...

edited March 2013
    Of course MY copy of Storm 3 would be defective... Now I have to go return it. Smh, I really don't have time for this. -_-

Edit - Ok, I got a new, working copy. Good thing I didn't have to go all the way back to the GS where I made the initial purchase. I was able to just go to a closer one. Should've kept the card, though...

Anywho... Come at me! (GT: IX Phantom IV)
    Post edited by Phantom Angel on
    ファントム
  • OmNiExiZtOmNiExiZt Fuckin Up Yo IgZiStEnce Joined: Posts: 1,144
    How does the KNJ work in this one? Is it still more of the same? Does the fact that assist can be killed makes people KNJing bearable?
    *ONEZ*
    Omni-Exizt - Demi-God
    The embodiment of thought in all Creation. Determined that all living things, including humans, desire the destruction of Earth. Plans on destroying not only Earth, but all of Creation.
    The secret of life-:snka::snkb::snkb: :snka: START
  • ForsakenM~ForsakenM~ Joined: Posts: 111
    Currently going through story mode to unlock all the characters. Once that's done and I've picked a team, I'd love some matches.

PSN: ForsakenM
    Current Goal: Straightening out my life.

PSN: ForsakenM

UMVC3: Hulk/G-Rida/Sentinel; MK9: Quan Chi; SG: Big Band; UNS3: Mifune, Asuma, Tenten; Injustice: Doomsday, Batgirl; MvC2: Ken/Juggernaut/Cpt. Commando;
    Will_Diesel said:<br />
    ??Not sure of what I saw in a gameplay video but it seems like one or both support characters can be K.O. for the remainder of the match. Also Madara's English VA sounds off. It may be due to the story not revealing who Tobi really is. Anyway I will pick this up but it's complete bullshit that the E/T Kages are NPC.<br />
    <br />
    <br />
    -Supports can now be K.O'd, yes. (thank god)<br />
    -....are you not caught up in the mangas...?<br />
    -The Edo Tensei Kages ARE actually playable. 

No I am caught up in the manga...I should have specified I feel that the Real Madara sounds (ENG) like Tobito...I believe this is because they didn't reveal who Tobi really is. I don't know if they share the same VA but I do not like how Madara sounds at all.
    OmNiExiZt wrote: »
    How does the KNJ work in this one? Is it still more of the same? Does the fact that assist can be killed makes people KNJing bearable?

KnJ works like it did in Generations if you've played it...all though the bar seems to replenish faster. And nothingmnothing much should change in the way of supports except now they should be used sparingly especially the great ones.
    @Will_Diesel<br />
    So, I guess the Edo Kages actually aren't playable, like you said. The Seven Sordsmen aren't either. What the fuck?<br />
    That being said, all of you should go and take like 2 minutes to sign this petition. It has about 16,000 supporters so far. 

I only really wanted the chance of playing as the 3rd Raikage and Clamkage...I don't care either way it's just baffling they were excluded. As well as Kin/Gin, the 7 swordsmen would have been a tossup as to who to include..and a majority of them were offpaneled >_>.

The roster would have been so much better w/o the PTS teens and the above characters inclusion. Oh well CC2 can go the DLC route with more characters and an ending that falls in in line with the manga.
  • RoGE9RoGE9 Joined: Posts: 1,031 ✭✭✭
    How is the versus mode?
    SG- Val-Cera
    P4a- Mitsuru/Kanji
    UMVC3- Wesker, Wesker, Wesker
  • KrackatoaKrackatoa Ensaikyopedia Trolldanica. Joined: Posts: 2,050
    I'm also curious. My roommate just picked this up, and for shits and giggles I'm going to do some labwork and mine out some broken shit.
    Algonquin Competitive Gaming - Bringing Hyperbolic Time Chambers to the Masses
  • OmNiExiZtOmNiExiZt Fuckin Up Yo IgZiStEnce Joined: Posts: 1,144

KnJ works like it did in Generations if you've played it...all though the bar seems to replenish faster. And nothingmnothing much should change in the way of supports except now they should be used sparingly especially the great ones.

Can you combo the assist to kill them? How would you gauge their health? Do they really take a beating? Can I down one with a single jutsu?

*ONEZ*
    Omni-Exizt - Demi-God
    The embodiment of thought in all Creation. Determined that all living things, including humans, desire the destruction of Earth. Plans on destroying not only Earth, but all of Creation.
    The secret of life-:snka::snkb::snkb: :snka: START
  • ShintarruShintarru Not your Average Joe Joined: Posts: 477 ✭✭
    To anybody who plays this game online, is it any good? Ill probably pick it up soon but in generations I would lag whenever I would play. Also how is the online community? I used to get hatemail every couple games back when generations first came out.
    Time is money, money is power, power corrupts eventually.
    edited March 2013
    2rf8wuv.jpg

So, uh... When exactly are these coming out? Sometime around when the movie is released on Blu-Ray?
    Post edited by Phantom Angel on
    ファントム
  • TimTimTimTim T-T-T-Timmay! Joined: Posts: 1,299
    edited March 2013
    So do you guys know if the hokage outfit is unlockable through any way other than a generations file?

Also I'm really having issues with how much of a piece of shit hashirama is. I mean the second has a better awakening and awakening actions and much better ultimate.
    I'm just hoping the dlc includes a new hashirama with a new ultimate/awakening like in the manga with the giant statue.
    Post edited by TimTim on
    Just a lazy prick.
    RoGE9 wrote: »
    How is the versus mode?

Single and Team versus is still available. Some stages are completely gone that were there in Generations...other than that things are pretty much the same but one thing that confuses me is have essentially two of the same characters. There are two seperate slots for Chouji...and there doesn't need to be.

Can you combo the assist to kill them? How would you gauge their health? Do they really take a beating? Can I down one with a single jutsu?

I have killed a support character with a single Ultimate Jutsu connecting...they seem to take damage much better but as of now I can't distinguish which ones are harder to take out. I also thik it's damn there impossible to combo the support let alone kill them that way.

@ Phantom Angel as far as I know no other region outside of Japan are getting the Road To Ninja costumes.