How can I get better at Umvc3?

2»

Comments

• HaikuWarHaikuWar The Best Looking Player EVER Joined: Posts: 2,094
    Lol first post is a nice scrubquote, They aren't scrubs if they beat you, L2p spend more ting practicing then on the forums crying.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 2
    Ps don't listen to half the... nah 3/4s the people on srk, a lot of them are still in the single digits for tournaments entered and are stream monsters so your best bet is going to locals and just playing, take notes on what works and what doesn't. Gg.

• ifbpwnstarifbpwnstar Lab Monster Joined: Posts: 1,215
    Eh, lower the demeanor. That's kind of the mentality that makes the FG community look so bad to newer players. FGs are hard to get into and getting frustrated before you figure things out is common. Offer them sound advice and clarify the typical misconceptions and let it be. If they whine that they know better and so forth, sure put them in their place, but there's no need to throw out a QQ and call them a scrub on a new player confused on where to start. Explaining the proper mindset and fundamentals is far more meaningful than saying just practice. If you don't know what to practice, you get a new player who just learns combos they can never land in a match.

Also what's saying a scrub can't beat another scrub. Just cuz you win doesn't mean you did it well.
    MvCi: Gamora/Marvel - Soul
    SF 5: Nash
    UMvC3: Cap (SS) | Vergil (RS) | Strider (vajra)

• toddler316toddler316 Drunk Shit Hustler Joined: Posts: 8,086 ✭✭✭✭✭ OG
    Eh, lower the demeanor. That's kind of the mentality that makes the FG community look so bad to newer players. FGs are hard to get into and getting frustrated before you figure things out is common. Offer them sound advice and clarify the typical misconceptions and let it be. If they whine that they know better and so forth, sure put them in their place, but there's no need to throw out a QQ and call them a scrub on a new player confused on where to start. Explaining the proper mindset and fundamentals is far more meaningful than saying just practice. If you don't know what to practice, you get a new player who just learns combos they can never land in a match.
    Good point, it's not like there are several threads already in existence that already do exactly that.

Sent from my SGH-T769 using Tapatalk 2
    Russell Crowe: This is Tianamen Square. Lots of good fightin' has gone on here throughout the years.These China men can grow to over five feet tall, and in a fight, are known to kick with their legs.

As the infamous Bruce Lee said: "To know oneself is to study oneself in action with another person."

Your signature has been modifed, please read the rules.
    Good point, it's not like there are several threads already in existence that already do exactly that.

Sent from my SGH-T769 using Tapatalk 2
    You're right, there are and really this thread should've been addressed with "hey go here, <link>, </thread close>". Still there's no need to carry elitist tone with new players and treat them like they're whiny and retarded. I remember when I was new starting in SC4 with 8wayrun and enduring it and I can totally sympathize to the frustrations and how unhelpful the community can be. Respect the fact they're reaching out for tips, we all start somewhere. If anything these forums are meant to help players learn. Put yourself in the shoes of a new player and read some of the comments and you'll see they aren't very helpful "practice more"...ok practice what more? I'm practicing and clearly missing something. You have to understand there are concept to learn that must occur before practice can have meaning.

Or he can read the rules and use the newbie saikyo which is made just for this shit.. this thread is useless and he's being a crybaby /thread /lock

Ok then why the hell didn't you just say "read the stickies, put questions here"? There's no need for this immature approach that belittles him till you several posts later make the statement of what they should've done. And the OP's intent is to get better. I can careless he's frustrated since there is a want to get better and reaching out to improve it versus just complain. You're too caught up in the fact the OP has made some issues with things we as more advanced players have no issue with, but he is learning, it is not uncommon.

This is stupidly simple on how this should be handled. Either give constructive feedback or offer a better location to ask these questions. If you feel a need to do anymore given the fact the OP has not made a scene or persistently whined, you're kinda just being an asshole for the sake of being an asshole.

And if it's not obvious I'm more than willing to drive this point home to a level no one is going to like. I have no patience for this mentality in the FGC, as prevalent as it is. It's destructive and it makes us look as bad as the COD 12 year olds.......or IGN commenters.

• Nini HeartNini Heart Red Pill Joined: Posts: 6,609
    Pick Zero or Vergil.
    ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ஜ۩۞۩ஜ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
    I ♥ Me
    ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ஜ۩۞۩ஜ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
  • eivellordsm2eivellordsm2 Macho Barbarian dongzilla Joined: Posts: 1,334
    Pick Zero or Vergil.
    why not both...
    Ok then why the hell didn't you just say "read the stickies, put questions here"? There's no need for this immature approach that belittles him till you several posts later make the statement of what they should've done. And the OP's intent is to get better. I can careless he's frustrated since there is a want to get better and reaching out to improve it versus just complain. You're too caught up in the fact the OP has made some issues with things we as more advanced players have no issue with, but he is learning, it is not uncommon.

This is stupidly simple on how this should be handled. Either give constructive feedback or offer a better location to ask these questions. If you feel a need to do anymore given the fact the OP has not made a scene or persistently whined, you're kinda just being an asshole for the sake of being an asshole.

And if it's not obvious I'm more than willing to drive this point home to a level no one is going to like. I have no patience for this mentality in the FGC, as prevalent as it is. It's destructive and it makes us look as bad as the COD 12 year olds.......or IGN commenters.

Holy shit I didn't read any of this.

Anyways don't do stupid shit and you won't get treated like you're stupid... making excuses for him won't help.

Holy shit I didn't read any of this.

Anyways don't do stupid shit and you won't get treated like you're stupid... making excuses for him won't help.

couldn't we just say you gave stupid posts to him and now I'm treating you stupid...and you're making excuses for why you said the stupid things.

O_____________________________________O

and it's not helping

Um no... a scrub is a scrub... and I'm looking at a lot in this thread... get better stop crying and don't listen to people on srk.

• ICDShadowBeastICDShadowBeast Joined: Posts: 7
    Must.... avoid.... hating.... on MvC 3!!!

EDIT: Meaning I was gonna say, why would you want to get better at this garbage of a game?
    I understand this was two years ago but.... why were you here if you don't like it? Or am I missing something obvious :open_mouth:
    USF4 characters:Rose/E.Ryu, maybe Guile. UMVC3 team: Nova/Doom/Vergil. UMVC3 Fun time team: Mag/Doom/Akuma
    PSN:ICDShadowBeast
  • <Insert Name Here><Insert Name Here> No wonder with people like me SRK Marvel is dead Joined: Posts: 7,940
    I understand this was two years ago
    Then don't bother. :/
    Xrd: Axl || UMvC3: Magneto/Dante/Frank West
    Give me attention: @ LaziestNameEver
    PSN: Laziest_ID_Ever (I don't really play online)
    "3) LIMITLESS (myself) --Those of you who have played me, will agree with this.. By far the most aggressive safe/style Wolverine." - Limitless, 3rd best Wolvie player in the world
  • Summoner HansSummoner Hans JELLY CUBE! Joined: Posts: 564
    Must.... avoid.... hating.... on MvC 3!!!

EDIT: Meaning I was gonna say, why would you want to get better at this garbage of a game?
    I understand this was two years ago but.... why were you here if you don't like it? Or am I missing something obvious :open_mouth:

Marvel Vs Capcom is a beloved franchise. I myself started playing these games with MVC3 and spent many years being utterly confused why people seemed to keep up with the game regularly just to be angry about it and hate on it.

The short of it is that MVC2 was a beloved game. People loved it. And UMVC3 is different. If you liked MVC2, but disliked UMVC3 your life was put in a tornado of hard feelings. That tornado however, doesn't prevent you from letting go of MVC3 because there's hope that maybe you'll wake up one day and 3 will be like 2. Think of the guy/girl you know who just keeps going back to a lover who hurts them, expecting a change.

So in that context, you will see lots of keyboard monsters and older gentleman look at this game and let out a big sigh, knowing that the one they love has changed.
    tag: Nd Khakis
    UMVC3: Taskington/Doom/Ammy
    Smash 4: Mario

• Shakunetsu_AkumaShakunetsu_Akuma Akuma Ascendant Joined: Posts: 1
    At first,I was shocked at the level of immaturity displayed by noobs like HaikuWar. I wasn't expecting such a disgraceful display of "little-man syndrome".
    The need to display intellectual superiority is strong with HaikuWar. No sense of brotherhood or camaraderie as inferred justly by ifbpwnstar. As he said,we all start somewhere,and HaikuWar's "I wanna get socked square in the eye" attitude makes me wanna do just that.
    Grow up. That self-important attitude will get you nowhere. And to call this thread useless is an insult to all herein. So many good points,even for experienced players,were made on this thread,especially for beginners.
    To call all this sound advice "useless",I can only surmise that A: People like HaikuWar have a desperate need to be admired. B: They were dropped as babies. C: Never got a good ass whooping. Or D: Have not learned key lessons in life to honor teamwork and a helping hand to the struggle.

There is no need to put beginners down for being beginners,as you once were. This thread was very helpful (I've been playing UMVC3 for 4 years) and see how this would have helped me had I read this when I was starting.

Get off your high horse and give a helping hand,otherwise, stay your salty ass out of these "useless" threads.
2»