[Feb 23, 2013] Winter Brawl 7 - The Madness - Philadelphia pa., Feb 23rd and... (Philadelphia pa)

ericeric Joined: Posts: 4,310
Big E Gaming is proud to announce Winter Brawl VII at the amazing Holiday Inn – Stadium Hotel.
DATE:
02/23/2013 – 02/24/2013
900 Packer Ave, Philadelphia, PA 19147
Located in the South Philadelphia area 1 mile from the Philadelphia International Airport.

http://www.facebook.com/l.php?u=http%3A%2F%2Ft.co%2FAinrQB4R&h=AAQFwmqK7AQEqPIXN8U2YTXfPFh6UFvD2RY3vI8_XUeDQog&enc=AZPMdQeqg0flibhBbMQK7YaXuSE3R78nUPo2epthoghgGyzhLzL-noum0FyoLEe0tWthJPeqmd1Ib2rsArkaDt9v&s=1

*Room discounts info link*

http://www.holidayinn.com/redirect?path=hd&brandCode=hi&localeCode=en®ionCode=1&hotelCode=PHLPS&_PMID=99801505&GPC=NE1
Winter Brawl VII Sponsors:

Big E Gaming

Gaming Vision Network

Namco Bandai

Atlus

Madcatz

Team Sp00ky

STREAM: (Main)
Will be streamed by none other than the infamous Team Sp00ky! The stream can be found here–http://www.twitch.tv/teamsp00ky
2nd Stream–Tekken/SCV and more Jaxel:http://www.twitch.tv/8wayrun
Extra streams: TBA

Eric “Big E” Smalls
(267) 231-8996
Eric2necphilly@yahoo.com

VP–Robert “FightClub” Hubbs
(610) 573-8305
hubbsdoctor@gmail.com

VP–Zack “Kattermari” Kattermann
(201) 650-1318
kattermari@gmail.com
REGISTRATION/FEES:
Online Venue Pre-Registration: $30
www.bigegaming.com

At The Door Venue Registration: $40

Spectator Fee: $20

GAME RULES:
Unless otherwise stated all console tournaments will be played on PS3.
All singles tournaments will be standard format 2/3 match points for normal matches and 3/5 for finals matches. (UMVC3 and 3D fighters will be 3/5 match points)

Team tournaments are single match the entire tournament including all finals matches.

SCHEDULE:
Venue and entry fees will be collected between 9am and 5pm both days. Please allow 1 hour prior to tournament start time to register. Even if you preregistered online you will still need to check in at the registration desk for each tournament.
—————————————————————–
Saturday 02/23/2013:
Team Tournaments:
SSF4:AE teams 3v3 — start time TBA — $30 per team
UMvC3 3v3 — start time TBA — $30 per team
3S:OE 3v3 — start time TBA
DOA5– 2v2– start time TBA — $20 per team
MK9– 2v2 - start time TBA– $10 per team
SCV–2v2 – start time TBA –$20 per team
TTT2-2v2 — start time TBA–$20 per team
KoF13 — 3v3– 1pm — $30 per team
Brawl and Melee Teams

—————————————————————–

SATURDAY 02/23/2013:
Singles Tournaments:
SSF4:AE — 6:00pm — $10 — will continue Sunday–ps3– $500 pot Bonus plus some HOT prizes
UMvC3 — 6:30pm — $10 – will continue Sunday–ps3–$500 pot Bonus plus some HOT prizes(half the pools will start Saturday and the 2nd half will start sunday at 11am)
MK9 – 3pm– start time — $10–ps3– pot Bonus plus some HOT prizes
SC5 – 3pm– start time — $10 (top 8 sunday)–ps3– Pot Bonus info coming soon
TTT2 – start time TBA — $10 (top 8 Sunday)–ps3 to come
P4U — start time TBA — FREE Entry–Ps3
BB – start time TBA — $10–ps3
GG – start time TBA –$10– ps2
DOA 5 — 5pm — $10 — Ps3
Melee Doubles — start time TBA
Brawl doubles/Melee Singles– start time TBA
Brawl Singles– start time TBA
ST — start time TBA — $10 – held on arcade cabinet Or Super Gun–

———————————————————–

SUNDAY 12/2/12:
SSF4:AE – continued from Saturday – start time TBA
UMvC3 – continued from Saturday – start time TBA
KOF13– start time TBA – FREE Entry–ps3
SC5– continuned from Saturday– start time TBA
TTT2– continuned from Saturday — start time TBA
VF5FS — start time TBA —$10 entry fee.
SFxT — start time TBA –$5
MB:AA – start time TBA — $10–Pot Bonus info coming soon
AH3– start time TBA – $10 entry fee–ps3
3S:OE – start time TBA — $10–ps3–Pot Bonus info coming soon
UMK3 – start time TBA — $5
All-Stars - TBA

————————————————————————————
Guys if you see names down twice or if you don’t see your name on the list let me know.
I HOPE TO SEE ALL THE REAL PLAYERS HERE.
www.bigegaming.com HOME OF NEC XIIII December 7th and 8th 2013, WINTER BRAWL VIII Feb, 2014 and GVN SUMMER JAM VII August 2013 and Bar Battle and Clash at the Copa The Fall Classic
·

Comments

• ericeric Joined: Posts: 4,310
    Hold
    www.bigegaming.com HOME OF NEC XIIII December 7th and 8th 2013, WINTER BRAWL VIII Feb, 2014 and GVN SUMMER JAM VII August 2013 and Bar Battle and Clash at the Copa The Fall Classic
    ·
  • MonoTekETeAMonoTekETeA Yippy Kie Yo Yie Yay Joined: Posts: 560
    [quote="eric, post: 7776157, member: 408"
    P4U — start time TBA — FREE Entry–Ps3
    KOF13– start time TBA – FREE Entry–ps3
    [/quote]

I'd like to stress "FREE ENTRY." Eric already mentioned at least a 1K Pot for KOF. Lets go!
    I can phoenix CPS2 boards. Contact me if you need it done.

Team Don't Ever Stop!
    ·
  • GDXGDX Joined: Posts: 99
    oh yes the dates are announced gonna ask for these off tomorrow. cant wait for my 2nd big E event NEC was too good
    ·
  • LazieFreddyLazieFreddy Tier Whore Joined: Posts: 300
    Hmm, a free entry tournament with 1K+ pot that doesn't start till Sunday afternoon. You are just asking for trouble....
    XBL: LazieFreddy PSN:Laziefred
    KOF Scrub, SF4 Button Masher, Competitive Trash Talker, Professional Pot Monster
    ·
    I'm going to change some off the game dates by Monday.
    ·
  • Garbage StoreGarbage Store Gimme that cake Joined: Posts: 41
    Last year was great, looking forward to this one!
    ·
    Get hype.
    ·
  • dumba989dumba989 Dai-Enjou!!!! Joined: Posts: 899
    When you say 3v3 for KOFXIII teams, you should specify the details that it's each individual players Vs. the other & that it's Waseda (Pokemon) style or it's 3v3 each player uses a character, just a suggestion. Also, are singles still going to be on Sunday as it was with NEC XIII because if there's going to be a the pot bonus, I would think it'd be best to at least start half of the potential pools Saturday night. And if you guys need any assistance in regards to KOFXIII, don't be shy to ask, I'll gladly put myself out there.
    "See, the problem is that you guys play Street Fighter solely for tournaments and competition with other players, but that is only one small aspect of fighting games."
    ~Playcircus
    "I used to be a christian then I met anime.. now i practice witchcraft and dark magics."
    -Anony on Sankaku
    ·
    Kof 13 will start sat the 23rd of feb.

3v3 I have to check on that.
    ·
  • mcpeanutsmcpeanuts Joined: Posts: 287
    All-Stars - TBA
    Yessssssssssssssssss
    ·
    Yes sir.
    ·
  • LightspeedTacoLightspeedTaco Joined: Posts: 157
    Of course I'm there. Should have some new equipment for the camera as well. Gonna make this look reallllll good.
    ·
    Mvc1 and mvc2 tournament at WB7 who's in?
    ·
    Pre-reg will be up later today.
    ·
  • HuBBsDoctorHuBBsDoctor GVN Fo Sizzle! Joined: Posts: 916
    Not that far away. Get hyped!
    Mastermind of Gaming Vision Network
    The home of the GVN Winter Brawl and Summer Jam.
    ·
    It's going to come around really fast.
    ·
  • HuBBsDoctorHuBBsDoctor GVN Fo Sizzle! Joined: Posts: 916
    Online registraion is now up. Gogogogo

http://bigegaming.com/pre-registration/
    Mastermind of Gaming Vision Network
    The home of the GVN Winter Brawl and Summer Jam.
    ·
    abaza5ed.jpg

Winter Brawl 7 pre-reg is up.

Go to www.bigegaming.com to sign up.
    ·
  • HalfEmptyHalfEmpty Move by Will Alone Joined: Posts: 165
    SOO in there for KoF, thanks E!
    091124_c.jpg
    | - keep playing and keep thinking - |
    ·
    Please hurry up and reserve your rooms, here is the link.

People remember they won't take any money off your card until you check in at the front desk.

http://www.holidayinn.com/redirect?path=hd&brandCode=hi&localeCode=en®ionCode=1&hotelCode=PHLPS&_PMID=99801505&GPC=NE1
    ·
    6u6apa7e.jpg

Rooms are going fast.
    ·
  • ill_willill_will yes Joined: Posts: 2,073
    Is there going to be a mvc2 tourney?? should i get hype now!?
    Team H8's Rivi
    4ociouS
    min byung ji
    "Marvel is like beer pong" - Tony B. <----TRUUUUUUUE
    ·
    Yes I'm going to run a special mvc1, mvc2 and umvc3 circuit soon. Stay tune for more info.
    ·
  • nsreedernsreeder I run tournaments in Camp Hill, PA. Check us out on Facebook: Rushdown Gaming or send me a message. Joined: Posts: 154
    damn this being on ps3 or i'd definitely be there!
    XBL: LordFlopyRoostr

SFXT: Hugo x Zangief main team. Also Ogre and Ryu
    ·
    damn this being on ps3 or i'd definitely be there!

you gotta get on that converter game man
    ·
  • nsreedernsreeder I run tournaments in Camp Hill, PA. Check us out on Facebook: Rushdown Gaming or send me a message. Joined: Posts: 154
    you gotta get on that converter game man

what do u mean?

·
  • SaitsuSaitsu Little Red! J-Activate! Joined: Posts: 23,549 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm gonna try my damndest to be there this year. Getting laid off early kind of threw a bit of wrench in my plans but I'm making sure I'm getting there.
    GT: TrinityRagnarok: Dead End
    FC: 0490-4604-8179 UMvC3: Thor/Doom/Ammy
    SFxT: Cammy/Paul, Lars/Nina, Rolento/Lili
    Injustice: Nightwing
    ·
    what do u mean?

well, I'm going to assume you play on xbox 360. So get a converter for your pad, or if you use a fightpad buy a ps3 version, or get an arcade stick that works on both
    ·
    Keep up with the times my friend lol, I hope you can make it to WB7
    ·
    well, I'm going to assume you play on xbox 360. So get a converter for your pad, or if you use a fightpad buy a ps3 version, or get an arcade stick that works on both

ahhh i c. im new to the fighting scene. sfxt was first game since sfii on genesis. i use the sfiv te arcade stick. im assuming can only be used on xbox. thanks for the info ill check into it. if i can make it work im going to this event haha

·
    maybe just buy a ps3 mad catz pad. wouldnt be abke to get used to it in time tho.

·
    Keep up with the times my friend lol, I hope you can make it to WB7

NEC was pretty fun so I'm trying my best to come to WB7. Already got that Friday off work but cant buy my plane ticket yet cause I'm going to Apex
    ·
  • LoneexodusLoneexodus Not a New Member Joined: Posts: 96
    I was about to book my room when I decided to check the reviews to see if anyone commented anything from being there the weekend of NEC. Sure enough an older gentleman from Utah left this complaint that made me laugh:
    "I stayed at this property because it was close to the airport and I had an early morning flight the next day. There was some sort of "Gamers Convention" going on - I wish I would have been informed prior to booking. I looked like a grunge fest when I walked in. Needless to say I finally got to sleep about 3:00 am and had to be leaving the facility at 5:30. I had to call the front desk FOUR times due to the noise, basically a campout in the hallway on the 11th floor outside of my room. There was literally a party with approximately eight people using the most inappropriate LOUD public language one could imagine. Every third word was an explicative. These folks had no ability to communicate in a reasonable manner. The first time I called the front desk I was told it would be taken care of right away. I watched out the peep hole and 30 minutes later no one had shown up. I've never felt more unsafe and trapped in a hotel facility in all my life. The second time resulted in the same outcome. The thrid time I became a bit demanding and was told they would call the police. The fourth time #at 2:30 am# I asked why I had to pay for a room when what I was paying for was not being delivered. I was told the police were here and the front desk receptionist hung up on me. Finally, the police showed up on the 11th floor and just after 2:30 in the morning. I had two police officers in my room verifying the unbelievable noise. They agreed with me and realized the party was coming from the stairway this time. So they opened the stairway door and tobacco and marijuana smells came out and the police shooed the people away I guess. Finally it was quite. Do to my experience I will never stay in this property again in my life. Further I will post this experience on my Northrop Grumman travel website. Thanks for giving me the opportunity to respond."
    Grunge fest? Inappropriate LOUD language? No ability to communicate in a reasonable manner? Tobacco and Marijuana smells from stairwells? Yup, sounds like the fgc all right. I was actually on the eleventh floor and remember we were told by the hotel staff to keep quite because they got a complaint of too much noise on the floor (though my group was fairly quiet compared to everyone else on the floor). I was wondering who complained about the noise and now I see who it was. My room went to bed around 2am so we missed the bit with the police. I fell asleep quickly, the noise didn't keep me from falling asleep. I'm sure the noise was part of what kept him from falling asleep, but I also think part of it was him being so annoyed at all the uncivilized people in the hotel around him and at the situation in general. Off to book my room.
    ·
    I always did wonder what everyone else in the hotel was thinking about the situation.
    ·
    That person said he heard a bunch of noise coming from my room and no one was in there lol lol.
    ·
  • CGM NaniwaTigerCGM NaniwaTiger Contract fulfilled.... Joined: Posts: 389
    If the noise upset him so much, why didn't he come out and ask the noisemakers to be quiet? It sounds like he just hid in his room. Personally if I were in this guys shoes, I'd of been in the hallway yelling for them to shut the f%^& up lol.
    Ultra:Ryu, Poison Alpha3:Ryu Injustice: Deathstroke Super Turbo: Ryu
    ·
  • sixshot1999sixshot1999 Mad Hatter of the FGC Joined: Posts: 383
    if anyone can put me in touch with Javibaby from the New York scene I would appreciate it because im curious if he's interested in a money match run back from the Curleh Mustache tournament to get into the tournament finals with D-cint in either a ft5 or ft10.. Thank You..
    CEO of Dynamic Custom Beadworks
    Follow us on Twitter: @DynamicBeadwork
    Like us on Facebook: /Dynamicbeadwork
    www.dynamicbeadworks.com
    ·
    hahaha thats fantastic! good work guys!

·
  • BigRichezBigRichez Sad Jon is sad. Joined: Posts: 377
    my body is ready
    :(
    ·
    I'm ready.
    ·
  • J0E LEWISJ0E LEWIS Always Godlike Joined: Posts: 800
    Any chance for SFxT to be moved to a main game and bumped to Saturday with a finals for Sunday?
    I am a member of Always Godlike.
    You can find more information about our Team what what we do at.
    alwaysgodlike.com
    ·
  • Master ChibiMaster Chibi .: Dynamites! :. Joined: Posts: 14,934 mod
    Hey Eric, just want to make it known that I'll be helping Tigre with running all the anime games all weekend. All I ask for is a badge / shirt, I won't be entering anything~
    ·
    Any chance for SFxT to be moved to a main game and bumped to Saturday with a finals for Sunday?
    Why?
    ·
  • J0E LEWISJ0E LEWIS Always Godlike Joined: Posts: 800
    Why?

Considering its a main evo game now as well as the new patch coming out. Assumably there should be a pretty large turnout for that game. If that's the case having it on Sunday might be tight. I mean it's still of course your call however (and probably the actual attendance at the next couple of tournaments should show the actual interest for the game,)

Sent from my iPad2 using Tapatalk
    I am a member of Always Godlike.
    You can find more information about our Team what what we do at.
    alwaysgodlike.com
    ·
    Will it get over 100 players?
    ·
    Will it get over 100 players?

Pretty sure WB will be one of the first post-patch SFxT majors and a lot of people that play SFxT play multiple games. Really, it mostly depends if it can get over its own stigma by then but it has a shot.
    ·
    Lets see how this goes.
    ·
  • Phillpro1Phillpro1 Joined: Posts: 2,947 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Any recommended cheap plane tickets or websites from florida to philly. I really want to go to this but i'm not a big plane person (never taken a plane anywhere) so I want the cheapest plane tickets possible to get to philly. Can anyone help out
    Twitter: https://twitter.com/Philltastic1
    PSN: I_Love_New_York
    MvC3: Zero/Ammy/Phoenix
    Morrigan/Doom/Ammy (bloom)
    ·
  • SorwahSorwah Joined: Posts: 863 ✭✭✭
    Any recommended cheap plane tickets or websites from florida to philly. I really want to go to this but i'm not a big plane person (never taken a plane anywhere) so I want the cheapest plane tickets possible to get to philly. Can anyone help out

I've had personal success with Airfarewatchdog.com
    ·
  • CGM NaniwaTigerCGM NaniwaTiger Contract fulfilled.... Joined: Posts: 389
    The bus is not a bad option if you have the time. It is significantly cheaper than a plane.
    Ultra:Ryu, Poison Alpha3:Ryu Injustice: Deathstroke Super Turbo: Ryu
    ·