[Feb 23, 2013] Winter Brawl 7 - The Madness - Philadelphia pa., Feb 23rd and... (Philadelphia pa)

Comments

• Phillpro1Phillpro1 Joined: Posts: 2,911 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yeah I was thinking about Megabusing it to Atlanta from florida and then maybe catching a ride with one of the Atl crew if possible. I'll just try and see which one is cheaper for me.
    Twitter: https://twitter.com/Philltastic1
    PSN: I_Love_New_York
    MvC3: Zero/Ammy/Phoenix
    Morrigan/Doom/Ammy (bloom)
    ·
  • SaitsuSaitsu Dark Magic Never Looked So Good Joined: Posts: 21,370 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I know I'm likely bussing, but that's only from a couple hours away. But I'll have to find someone to crash with this time around. Don't have the extra coin for my own room.
    GT: TrinityRagnarok: Dead End
    FC: 0490-4604-8179 UMvC3: Thor/Doom/Ammy
    SFxT: Cammy/Paul, Lars/Nina, Rolento/Lili
    Injustice: Nightwing
    ·
  • GDXGDX Joined: Posts: 99
    Orlando to philly is usually cheap. When I went to NEC it was like 200 bucks roundtrip
    ·
  • ericeric Joined: Posts: 4,309
    I'm working on getting you guys some great drink and food special at the Hotel Sports Bar.

Also I'm looking into doing some pre-wb7-tournaments Friday night in the Sports Bar. Can you say party time till 4am.

equta4em.jpg
    www.bigegaming.com HOME OF NEC XIIII December 7th and 8th 2013, WINTER BRAWL VIII Feb, 2014 and GVN SUMMER JAM VII August 2013 and Bar Battle and Clash at the Copa The Fall Classic
    ·
  • LSlickLSlick Joined: Posts: 188
    What about a Skullgirls side tournament? I would love to see this game at the tournament...Come on Big E :D
    ·
    Someone is trying to set that up.
    www.bigegaming.com HOME OF NEC XIIII December 7th and 8th 2013, WINTER BRAWL VIII Feb, 2014 and GVN SUMMER JAM VII August 2013 and Bar Battle and Clash at the Copa The Fall Classic
    ·
  • 2Nasty2Nasty Talk is cheap, SHOW me. Joined: Posts: 171
    the last real tournaments I went too was FR7 and FR8. This looks like a good time for me to come out of retirement. sucks that I've been living in philly for 3 years now and just found out tournaments like this have been happening only 30 minutes away from me. I'll add my games and such at a later date.
    ·
    Wow 30 mins. :(
    ·
    Just got some news from the holiday inn, there will be another event going on in the area the same weekend as wb7 and their rooms are selling out fast. Please book your rooms now. ASAP.
    Like · · Promote
    ·
  • MerkiloMerkilo I like grapes! Joined: Posts: 255
    Does this mean no room discounts?
    ·
    Here is what's left per night at the holiday inn for winter brawl 7:

Friday feb 22nd---34 rooms
    Sat 23rd--34
    Sunday 24th---29

So please hurry up and book your rooms.
    ·
  • SweetJohnnyCageSweetJohnnyCage East Coast Throwdown Joined: Posts: 1,136
    Does this mean no room discounts?

There are room discounts. Eric was just saying to book as soon as possible as there is another event in the area. Once the deadline for these rooms pass (usually 20 days before an event, but it could be more than that), they open up to the general public. The discount will be available, but it'll be first come first serve for a room.

When we do these events, we block off an amount of rooms just for our events. These rooms can only be booked with the (for example) ECT code. If you were to book it without the code, you wouldn't get the discount, nor would you be counted towards our group rate. Once the deadline passes however, the code is active for the discount, but that block of rooms is no longer exclusive.
    www.ecthrowdown.com
    www.tfctournament.com
    ·
  • AvariceXAvariceX Joined: Posts: 2,608 ✭✭✭✭
    Booking my time off work and hotel room asap. Big E tourneys are the truth.
    Mvc1 and mvc2 tournament at WB7 who's in?

What system you running MvC2 on? It's all I'm playing lately so I'm in, but I only have a stick for 360/PS3 ):
    UMvC3: Firebrand/Zero/Dante; Zero/Dante/Strider; MvC2: MSP
    SFIV: Juri | 3S: Yun| ST: O.Ryu
    BB: Rachel, Makoto, u-12 | GGXrd: Ram, I-no
    ·
    Don't know yet.
    ·
    dy6asu5y.jpg

Ok everyone updating info about Cross.

SfXT team tournament: sat feb 23rd

SfXT singles tournament: Sunday feb 24th

I hope this makes everyone happy.
    ·
  • SaitsuSaitsu Dark Magic Never Looked So Good Joined: Posts: 21,370 ✭✭✭✭✭
    The players will be. Just don't watch the stream chat, the rage will be epic.
    GT: TrinityRagnarok: Dead End
    FC: 0490-4604-8179 UMvC3: Thor/Doom/Ammy
    SFxT: Cammy/Paul, Lars/Nina, Rolento/Lili
    Injustice: Nightwing
    ·
    Group discount rooms are almost GONE.

Please remember everyone they will NOT charge your card to reserve a room.

http://www.holidayinn.com/redirect?path=hd&brandCode=hi&localeCode=en®ionCode=1&hotelCode=PHLPS&_PMID=99801505&GPC=NE1
    ·
  • MalevolenciaMalevolencia @MaliceIsGDLK Joined: Posts: 388
    Got my reservation in. Can't wait.
    -Malice
    ·
    Thanks homie.
    ·
  • Icy Black DeepIcy Black Deep Still training... Joined: Posts: 996 ✭✭✭
    ahhh i c. im new to the fighting scene. sfxt was first game since sfii on genesis. i use the sfiv te arcade stick. im assuming can only be used on xbox. thanks for the info ill check into it. if i can make it work im going to this event haha

A little late here, but if you're not afraid to open the stick and touch a circuit board there are some fairly easy options for modifying a 360 TE to work on PS3 as well. The Kitty should work on most (all?) models of TE. The Cerberus will work on most TEs except the oldest models. Head over to the Tech Talk forum and look around for "dual mod" for more information.
    New Jersey
    ·
  • HuBBsDoctorHuBBsDoctor GVN Fo Sizzle! Joined: Posts: 916
    It's only a month away. Get Hyped!!!
    Mastermind of Gaming Vision Network
    The home of the GVN Winter Brawl and Summer Jam.
    ·
    got my plane ticket (thank you based southwest), got my registration paid, and got my hotel room (although I would like to stay with someone else to cut costs for the love of god)

hype!
    ·
  • nsreedernsreeder Joined: Posts: 150
    A little late here, but if you're not afraid to open the stick and touch a circuit board there are some fairly easy options for modifying a 360 TE to work on PS3 as well. The Kitty should work on most (all?) models of TE. The Cerberus will work on most TEs except the oldest models. Head over to the Tech Talk forum and look around for "dual mod" for more information.
    thanks for the info.
    XBL: LordFlopyRoostr

SFXT: Hugo x Zangief main team. Also Ogre and Ryu
    ·
    I will get Gummo to post his info.
    ·
  • ill_willill_will yes Joined: Posts: 2,073
    yo E we comin thru from RI with rusheddown. are you really runnin mvc2? thats all i ben playin and im hype
    Team H8's Rivi
    4ociouS
    min byung ji
    "Marvel is like beer pong" - Tony B. <----TRUUUUUUUE
    ·
    Yes mvc2 is still going down. I'm just trying to decide what system to use.
    ·
    da4aquhy.jpg

Random select tournament Friday night at the Holiday inn sports bar.

Games: AE 2012 and umvc3 more to come.
    ·
  • TazmattikTazmattik Abandon all hope! >=) Joined: Posts: 1
    the last real tournament I went too was FR7 and FR8. This looks like a good time for me to come out of retirement. sucks that I've been living in philly for 3 years now and just found out tournaments like this have been happening only 30 minutes away from me. I'll add my games and such at a later date.

If u really wanna get back in the flow of things, u should hit me up. I live in Southwest Philly, but there's a group of us that play at what we call the clubhouse, a friends house in Northeast Philly.
    ·
  • BigRichezBigRichez Sad Jon is sad. Joined: Posts: 377
    Booked our room. Upstate NY will be there.
    :(
    ·
    Thanks sir. How many will be coming down from upstate?
    ·
  • VASagaVASaga Not Yet Strange! Let Them Wait Joined: Posts: 1,017 ✭✭✭✭
    How far is 1001 FILBERT ST from the venue?
    I'm going by Greyhound
    "I must have ascended to a higher plane of thinking than most because I play Dr Strange"
    ·
    Map quest it. Should be about 7 miles.
    ·
  • jaguarjaguar Joined: Posts: 1,477
    good luck to all the players. i won't be able to make it ;(

SUPPORT KOF, GUYS
    JOIN NOVADOJO
    twitter: @NOVADOJO
    ·
  • ShinBlankaShinBlanka 神Blanka Joined: Posts: 7,154 mod
    If u really wanna get back in the flow of things, u should hit me up. I live in Southwest Philly, but there's a group of us that play at what we call the clubhouse, a friends house in Northeast Philly.
    YO TAZ, WHAT'S GOOD MY DUDE?!?!? Good to see you're still in the scene sir!
    (FinalRound) A staple in the Fighting Game Community!
    New FR site: http://www.finalround.org
    Rest in Peace: To my MOMMA , Auntie Toosie, Uncle Thon, Craig Dufour "MAXIMUS" and Brian "Mummy-B" Graham and my 2 unborn children.
    ·
    the last real tournaments I went too was FR7 and FR8. This looks like a good time for me to come out of retirement. sucks that I've been living in philly for 3 years now and just found out tournaments like this have been happening only 30 minutes away from me. I'll add my games and such at a later date.
    sup yo. long time no see! Yea BigE has been running tournaments in the NE for a minute yo! You should go.
    Rest in Peace: To my MOMMA , Auntie Toosie, Uncle Thon, Craig Dufour "MAXIMUS" and Brian "Mummy-B" Graham and my 2 unborn children.
    ·
    ey Big E how do I add a game to my registration? I already signed up for AE but its trying to charge me $40 to add on SFxT
    ·
    Remember the winner of TTT2 at Winter Brawl 7 will receive free badge/entry/seeding, at FR16, ECTV, and TFC! Also the winner of TTT2 at FINAL ROUND 16 will receive free badge, game entry, seeding and flight to ECTV. Don't miss your chance to win that trip to ECTV! This circuit is brought to you by FINAL ROUND LLC, BigE GAMING, and ECT to grow the east coast gaming community stronger! With the NE and SE combined this effort is here to unite our players! More of "THE FALL CLASSIC" aka TFC info will be coming soon so just sit tight shawty! THE HYPE WILL ONLY CONTINUE GROW!
    ·
    Great job Eric Small on getting the EVO qual for the players of the NE! Your selfless efforts for the community for over 13 years should have never be over looked in the 1st place IMO and i'm glad the NE will have a qualifier for Evo2k13! With that said, rejoice NE as Eric has come to the rescue once again for you guys! With WB7 only 3 weeks away you better get those hotel rooms and pre reg online for the games you'll be trying to qualify for EVO2k13 and for "The FALL CLASSIC"!
    ·
  • dumba989dumba989 Dai-Enjou!!!! Joined: Posts: 899
    So is KOFXIII still going to start on Saturday as stated on the Dream Cancel Forum & is it still $5 entry as people voted on?
    "See, the problem is that you guys play Street Fighter solely for tournaments and competition with other players, but that is only one small aspect of fighting games."
    ~Playcircus
    "I used to be a christian then I met anime.. now i practice witchcraft and dark magics."
    -Anony on Sankaku
    ·
    Their updating the dreamcancel site now.
    ·
  • HuBBsDoctorHuBBsDoctor GVN Fo Sizzle! Joined: Posts: 916
    Hey guys, please take a moment and watch this video from Sp00ky.

Mastermind of Gaming Vision Network
    The home of the GVN Winter Brawl and Summer Jam.
    ·
  • ShynkzShynkz Joined: Posts: 30
    Yo is anybody going to this that could pick me up from Atlantic city airport?
    ·
    Yo is anybody going to this that could pick me up from Atlantic city airport?

Why are you flying into AC and not Philly? Not meant as a mean question, but AC is really nowhere near Philly in terms of driving.
    www.ecthrowdown.com
    www.tfctournament.com
    ·
  • ShynkzShynkz Joined: Posts: 30
    Why are you flying into AC and not Philly? Not meant as a mean question, but AC is really nowhere near Philly in terms of driving.

Spirit Airlines only flies to ACY and plane tickets are about $110 cheaper if I can get a ride. I figure SOMEBODY has gotta be going from there.
    ·
    Spirit Airlines only flies to ACY and plane tickets are about $110 cheaper if I can get a ride. I figure SOMEBODY has gotta be going from there.

Where are you flying in from? Reason I'm pointing this out is that geographically AC is close, but you literally need to drive all the way north, go back into greater NJ, and then turn and drive south into Philly.

Do you have to fly Spirit? Maybe I can help you find a different airline.
    www.ecthrowdown.com
    www.tfctournament.com
    ·
  • SorwahSorwah Joined: Posts: 832 ✭✭
    What you're saving in plane cost you'll easily double in gas costs.
    ·
    Got some Bad news for you players, if you haven't book a room YOUR DONE LOL.

"sold out for Saturday night. So I would only have rooms on
    Friday or Sunday. The Flyers are playing Winnipeg Saturday" from the sale person. :(
    ·
    The Sheraton have a block available?
    www.ecthrowdown.com
    www.tfctournament.com
    ·
    I'm working on it John.
    ·
  • SorwahSorwah Joined: Posts: 832 ✭✭
    edited February 2013
    eric said:

Attention all players if your planning on paying at the door the venue fee will now be $45 at the door the day of the tournament.

If you come Friday night and pay your venue and sign up for games, than I will still let you pay $40, that's just for Friday night only.

Also you can save a ton on money and just pre-reg online for $30
    www.bigegaming.com

Sorry about doing this last minute :( (we're trying to get pools up online early)

eric said:

Ok players if you entering 2012, Umvc3, tekken tag 2, mk9, p4A and kof13, we will be taking registration for those games from 8am-12pm, after 12pm if your not in the line you will not be in the tournament SORRY.

This must happen this way for everything to run on time.

Remember you can pre-reg Friday night at the main ballroom door from 8pm - 11pm

SO IF YOU KNOW YOUR ALWAYS LATE, THAN YOU NEED TO PRE-REG ONLINE ASAP.

Post edited by Sorwah on
    ·