NC Thread LXIX

Comments

• TactiksTactiks Spoon Joined: Posts: 709
    Rytor wrote: »
    Tactiks wrote: »
    Rytor wrote: »
    Hey all, moving to the Charlotte area next month. Where's the best place to find out about local USF4 events?

Yes sir there is. Charlotte has some good sf4 players and there is usually something going on every week. We also have a monthly tourney too. ReSe has some big plans for Nov's tourney too so hopefully you'll be in town by then.

Do you have facebook? Join the Charlotte/ReSe group:
    Rockem Sockem fighring game tournaments

Once your on there I'll add you to the other group for Charlotte that is pretty active as far as weeklies go.

What part of Charlotte are you koving to and when?

Welcome to Charlotte.

Thanks! Not sure what part yet - we're moving in with family outside of town until we find a house. We'll be there on 10/12, so once everything settles I will absolutely hit you up about some games.

Just put in a request to join the FB group as well. XBL is TheRytor, you can usually find me on ranked USF4 in-between packing :)

Cool. I'll add you in. I look forward to meeting you.

My gt is Drkn Mstr. I play mostly on pc but i can do both.
    ReSe Tournaments / Facebook Group
    Upcoming ReSe: Jan 19th, Feb 9th, March 16th
  • Saisyu KusanagiSaisyu Kusanagi Oppressive Village Pillager Joined: Posts: 1,311
    can wait for Tekken 7 to hit.
    CRUSH YOUR ENEMY WITHOUT MERCY!!!!
  • ron1986ron1986 Joined: Posts: 1
    Hello All,

Moved to Durham, NC a while ago for work.

Looking to meet some peeps around who are into USF4. I'm down for hanging out and playing offline.

XBL account is TV O711.

Shoot a message and we can play ...

Cheers!

Onkar.
  • crzflashcrzflash Joined: Posts: 1
    Hey I just got to Fayetteville and looking to run some games soon. Are there any locals around?
  • Seth HD RemixSeth HD Remix Hi my name is Seth, I play Ken Joined: Posts: 99
    Hey just moved from San Antonio to charlotte Nc, looking for usf4/ mahvel games. Where da scene at? On xbl seth hd remix, but I'd prefer offline local
    SFV id: kkmasters
    Psn id: SethTKP
    xbl : Seth HD Remix
    twitter: @SethTKP
    Insta: kk_masters
    twitch: kkmasters
  • Just FokuZJust FokuZ ShadowKhaN Joined: Posts: 409
    What part of charlotte? Im in the steele creek area, also looking for games.

https://www.facebook.com/groups/rockemsockem/?ref=br_tf
    ShadowKhaN SRK
  • Saisyu KusanagiSaisyu Kusanagi Oppressive Village Pillager Joined: Posts: 1,311
    say word! hell yeah!!!!
  • Blake&WhiteBlake&White keepin' it stylish Joined: Posts: 2,099
    What the hell, people still post here?
    MAGNETO! WELCOME TO DIE
    What the hell, people still post here?

but you just, nevermind.
    what is this doa-looking shit, namco running out of ideas for tekken

MAGNETO! WELCOME TO DIE
    Oh no..... make no mistake, i like the changes and redrawn characters of GGXRd and i will be playing it along with Tekken 7.

I like the 14 character roster too. Gives me a chance to slowly learn and explore the match ups and engine mechanics like i wanted too back then.
    If you have a PS4 and Playstation Plus, grab the Xrd demo and give the game a try.
    MAGNETO! WELCOME TO DIE
    If you have a PS4 and Playstation Plus, grab the Xrd demo and give the game a try.

Sounds good, thanks.
    kof 97 tonight.
  • The-priestThe-priest Stp bitchin & man up Joined: Posts: 547
    Yoooo
    Great people are great because they are the best at doing the little things the right way.
    The-priest wrote: »
    Yoooo

Yo, Yo!
    Yoooo

Yo, Yo!

Master dragon what's up. You grinding xrd?
    Great people are great because they are the best at doing the little things the right way.
    Yoooo

Yo, Yo!

Yep and playing Tekken.
    Yoooo

Yo, Yo!

Yep and playing Tekken.

what is your opinion about the game so far

Yoooo

Yo, Yo!

Yep and playing Tekken.

what is your opinion about the game so far

It is good. Bigger sprites help me react better and game play being slowed is better for me. I know the ggx die hard might not like it and i understand why. Arc soften gg to draw in new players, more of a business move than anything else. But none of us want to see our companies go under. SNK learned the hard way.
  • Jion_WansuJion_Wansu Joined: Posts: 5,731
    edited February 2015
    WOW, there's still and NC scene? Will any arcades in the NC get T7 (Tekken 7)?
    Jion_Wansu wrote: »
    WOW, there's still and NC scene? Will any arcades in the NC get T7 (Tekken 7)?

I would like that very much.
  • ThundaThunda Joined: Posts: 827
    Is there a Usf4 scene in the Greenville NC area?
  • kristougherkristougher Joined: Posts: 5
    Thunda wrote: »
    Is there a Usf4 scene in the Greenville NC area?
    Im in kinston. Always looking for people to play with
    You guys need to come to rese this saturday
    You guys need to come to rese this saturday

I gotta work Saturday. What's rese?
    A tournament in charlotte
    A tournament in charlotte

Snow= K.O

@Saisyu Kusanagi You Coming To The 98 TOURNAMNET Tonight IN Gboro I Will Be there. Been working on lucky. I'll be throwing them basketballs

Had a great time and it was good to see you.

@Saisyu Kusanagi You Coming To The 98 TOURNAMNET Tonight IN Gboro I Will Be there. Been working on lucky. I'll be throwing them basketballs

Trying to put together a get together in the Kinston/Greenville area for next week. join ECU FGC on facebook for details
    Trying to put together a get together in the Kinston/Greenville area for next week. join ECU FGC on facebook for details

I joined the group, didn't really see any info.

Haha, sorry. My request is still pending.

Yeah..facebook. I stay in RDU and and i am going to start throwing tournaments in Durham again now that i have a new venue locked down.

Good place to come to in the mean time is Lost Ark Arcade in Greensboro. USFIV,KOF,GGXRD, SSF2X, AND IMPORT GAMES AS WELL. When i get another ps3 lets play some time.
    yo demo...you coming to the kof 99 tournament at lost ark arcade?
    Whats your name? I'm not seeing anything up there? I should be able to just add you to it

Yeah..facebook. I stay in RDU and and i am going to start throwing tournaments in Durham again now that i have a new venue locked down.

Good place to come to in the mean time is Lost Ark Arcade in Greensboro. USFIV,KOF,GGXRD, SSF2X, AND IMPORT GAMES AS WELL. When i get another ps3 lets play some time.
    Do they hold Tournaments there reguarly?

Do they hold Tournaments there reguarly?

Yep. Doing kof now. Gonna talk to ultra Dan about ultra street fighter on the wide screens and setting up tekken 7 tournaments when it comes out.
  • meatmeat Joined: Posts: 4
    Also nc fellow.Psn carolinaice82 kof 95 Mk trilogy.
    meat wrote: »
    Also nc fellow.Psn carolinaice82 kof 95 Mk trilogy.

Welcome. kof 94~03 neogeo, tekken 5~tekken tag 2, st~3rd strike,

Getting ready for tekken 7.
  • Jion_WansuJion_Wansu Joined: Posts: 5,731
    What about Mortal Kombat Ecks?
  • FrozenFlameFrozenFlame Joined: Posts: 9
    Anyone know if there are any weekly/monthly tournaments in Fayetteville? I love MKX but i cant deal with the laggy netplay garbage.
    the strategy is the difficult part I suppose

most U.S players I have played stay to much on the ground and turtle a lot so I end up chasing them for the whole match
  • meatmeat Joined: Posts: 4
    Going to try kof 94 rebout on my soft mod original Xbox.Any one played it?
  • buttexp10rerbuttexp10rer Joined: Posts: 1
    Any GGXRD players in central N.C. interested in some local match ups?
  • Dr WDr W Joined: Posts: 89
    Are the Jacksonville ppl still doing their weekly or w/e it was? Im in Wilmington and thinking about starting to go.
    Had fun in g-buro. Can't wait for Mark of the Wolves tournament.
  • StriderNCStriderNC Joined: Posts: 50 ✭✭✭✭✭ OG
    Wise from yo gwave!!
  • LoveThyCheeseLoveThyCheese Hyiooooooooo! Joined: Posts: 20
    Any KI/ultra/mk enthusiasts in the fayetteville/bragg area that want to get to the to play some games?
    For me, it was a Tuesday. -Bison SFxT
  • LoveThyCheeseLoveThyCheese Hyiooooooooo! Joined: Posts: 20
    I know it's hard to get anything together if you aren't near the Raleigh area but I've been in NC more than a year and haven't played any serious fgs in person. It's eating at me coming from ny where they are everywhere.
    For me, it was a Tuesday. -Bison SFxT
  • TactiksTactiks Spoon Joined: Posts: 709
    I know it's hard to get anything together if you aren't near the Raleigh area but I've been in NC more than a year and haven't played any serious fgs in person. It's eating at me coming from ny where they are everywhere.

I know it's not very close to Fayetteville but Charlotte has a monthly tournament called RockemSockem (ReSe). If you have FB join the group and I'll get you invites to the tourney. Next one is August 1st.

Rockemsockem Charlotte's premier fighting game group.

You can also add me directly if you like.
    Rockemsockem Brian tactiks peck

This month there will be some GA players in attendance. There is always good competition at ReSe if that's what your looking for.

Hope to see you out sometime.

Also, there are some guys in Fayetteville that come out so if a ride is an issue I can ask around and see who is coming and if they have room for you.
    ReSe Tournaments / Facebook Group
    Upcoming ReSe: Jan 19th, Feb 9th, March 16th