Do a lot of people leave before the end (SSFAE Ranked)?

bypostmanbypostman Joined: Posts: 439 ✭✭✭
I'm noticing that more people I've been playing are just quitting before I can land the finishing blow. Is this common (on PC SSF4AE ranked), because sometimes the guy I'm fighting almost perfects me, but then I manage to make a comeback and wonder why I did it afterwards. Can't see exactly why though without a recording, so I was just wondering if this will happen a lot.

Comments

• doubleohdoubleoh Joined: Posts: 258
    A lot of clowns value a number next to their names more than epic battles. Get used to it.
    SSFIVAE: Abel
  • XthAtGAm3RGuYXXthAtGAm3RGuYX No more jump back divekick. Joined: Posts: 4,796 ✭✭✭✭✭
    People don't like to lose and they prefer to act like a little bitch about it. Rage quitting applies to all games. It's just more annoying on fighters.
    Unchallenged owner of worst user name on SRK

AE: Juri(Main), Ken(work in progress)::::UMvC3: Felicia/Dante/Doom::::SkullGirls: Squigly/Fortune
    Not enough Dragonballs between all three of the shows to keep you unbanned - Pertho
  • bkfst_sausagebkfst_sausage ST / SRK2k3 OG Joined: Posts: 2,802
    Trophy/Achievement whores looking to get those ten-streaks...
    PSN: M1X4H < click it!
  • Great_Dark_HeroGreat_Dark_Hero Playing FG's? Welcome to Mai world. Joined: Posts: 1,137 ✭✭✭
    ^
    Instead of worrying about actually improving on the individuals game play, they would rather worry about how much points they made or whatever achievement they may have accomplished - this is the aspect of people taking online game play far too seriously when there are better methods of implementing competitive game play.
    https://twitter.com/Great_Dark_Hero http://ask.fm/Great_Dark_Hero
    KOFXIII: Billy/ Mai /Takuma (Subs: Elisabeth, Hwa, Terry, King, Yuri, Vice, Daimon, Iori, Leona)
    DOA5U: Mila (Subs: Pai, Jacky, Tina, Gen Fu)
    TTT2: Michelle/Armor King (Subs: Jaycee, Dragunov, Bruce, Jin, Anna, Ling)
    If you're learning about KOFXIII, please click on my FAQS here
    If you're learning how to play Mai Shiranui (or the Mai match up) on KOFXIII, start here

• GordonsBeardGordonsBeard QCF+P Bad Stoned Joined: Posts: 379
    In any game where quitting is easy you will find a lot of ragequitters. In SF4 PC you can just quickly mash ALT+F4 and boom - no embarrassment.
    It's pathetic really, no excuse. If you play ranked - you are wagering your points, no backing out. I wish when you hit "ranked play" it would take a certain amount of points away until you finish a match, so even losing will be much nicer than quitting.
  • YorKeYYorKeY Where the connections are always green, SoCaL. Joined: Posts: 867 ✭✭✭
    It has nothing to do with embarrassment. Sometime's people quit cause they don't want the person to enjoy and feel good about they're flashy " K.O! orange fire works finish" when they're about to win. As dumb as that sounds.
    Most of the time it's not even "rage" quits, more like " yeah! right! i lost!? i know i'm for a fact i'm better then this guy" quits.
    The biggest reason why people quit is cause most of the time when they lose, they feel like they know they should have won that match in there minds. And it's so easy to just turn of your system and say " fu**!!!!, you got sooo lucky." <-those are the magic words said in alot of people's heads before they lose and quit.
    XBL/PSN/Steam- iYorKeY
    AE: Yun, C.Viper(my mains from the beginning, fuck footsies ^_^)
    UMvC3: C.Viper, Dante, Strider/Team Nemo
    Melee: Marth/Sheik
    KoFXIII: EX/normal Kyo/EX Iori, Yuri, Elizabeth
    Eternal Fan Club Chairmen

• density.density. DIVEKICK HERO Joined: Posts: 732
    It's not about points... it's pure "I don't want to stay for the end of this" factor. The whole "ROFL NO POINTS 4 U" is just a dumb thing they add on to try and make you mad for them leaving. I highly doubt anyone REALLY cares about losing their points, because if they did they'd be more pissed that they just lost a like 128 for pulling the plug, most of the time a lot more than you lose from just losing.
    If I missed them with it then it was just a gimmick. If I hit them with it then it was all mindgames. At least, that's what I tell everyone I play against.

This is called a "boast/excuse option select" and it's without a doubt the most useful technique that anyone has ever taught me." -Deadfrog
  • Ryuken9Ryuken9 Joined: Posts: 504
    I wish I could rage quit when the lag makes it unplayable but on PSN it's a bitch cuz you have to quit the game, I think on xbox live it's much more simple you can choose to quit.
    SSF4 AE : Seth/Ken/Sagat/Evil Ryu

PSN is full of pussies
  • GordonsBeardGordonsBeard QCF+P Bad Stoned Joined: Posts: 379
    I wish I could rage quit when the lag makes it unplayable but on PSN it's a bitch cuz you have to quit the game, I think on xbox live it's much more simple you can choose to quit.
    You can just hold the PS button and select "Quit Game" like normal, can't you?
    The problem is you're playing Street Fighter on PSN. Dat shit is horrendous.
    In any game where quitting is easy you will find a lot of ragequitters. In SF4 PC you can just quickly mash ALT+F4 and boom - no embarrassment.
    It's pathetic really, no excuse. If you play ranked - you are wagering your points, no backing out. I wish when you hit "ranked play" it would take a certain amount of points away until you finish a match, so even losing will be much nicer than quitting.
    SF should implement a system like Halo where quitting a certain amount of times puts you on probation and quitting while on probation gets you banned for 15 minutes.
  • Ryuken9Ryuken9 Joined: Posts: 504
    I mean on xbox you can choose to quit the match without quitting the game.
    SSF4 AE : Seth/Ken/Sagat/Evil Ryu

PSN is full of pussies
    Nah I don't think you can do that. You can't access the menu when you're in a match.
  • ChewmandingaChewmandinga PSN ID: Chewmandinga Joined: Posts: 225
    It's only online though. It's a very easy and anonymous system to abuse. They can quit, quickly send you some abuse and then block you. Because they got the last insult in they feel like they 'won', and they can get back to being child molesters or whatever rage-quitters do in their spare time.
    Makoto till I die. Or I find another game to play...
  • helhelhelhelohelhelhelhelo True Believer | * * * * | Joined: Posts: 251
    Rage Quitting < people just don't wanna accept losses.. it's normal and some think it's a shame to lose, but some just don't wanna see the foe winning