Django Unchained : How many times can we use the word "nigga" thread.

Nini HeartNini Heart Red PillJoined: Posts: 6,609
Just got back from the theaters.... quite disappointed to not see a thread. SRK fam be dropping the ball these days :coffee:

Anyways, this movie was amaaaaaaaaazing. Probably my favorite movie this year. Shit was just so badass.

Shit had me rolling when the nigga suited up looking like Napoleon and shit :rofl:
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ஜ۩۞۩ஜ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
I ♥ Me

Comments

• NickRocksNickRocks BasedGod of All Saiyans Joined: Posts: 14,362 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Dont care too much for Tarentino, will check this out when it hits Netflix
  • TheDarkPhoenixTheDarkPhoenix BEHOLD! Joined: Posts: 12,134 mod
    One of my boy's went to see it and your thread title say's it all....

I can't co sign it.
    "this game is about winning, If you had the option of a 1) Big dick or 2) a small dick, would you choose 2 because it took more skill? Thought not"
    -Bokkin
  • Kusanagi02Kusanagi02 Joined: Posts: 5,415 ✭✭✭✭
    This movie was pretty damn good. I did laugh and roll my eyes a bit when I saw some people leave the theatre like 15 minutes into the movie. Guess they couldn't take the slavery setting.
  • Negative-Zer0Negative-Zer0 Joined: Posts: 5,170 ✭✭✭✭✭
    That movie hat denzel washington got an academy award for had the same shit, why are people such pussies?
    If everyone else could move upwards socially, so can blacks. They are just dumb.
    "This comparison ignores the unique history of discrimination against Black people in America. Over the past four centuries, Black history has included nearly 250 years of slavery, 100 years of legalized discrimination, and only 50 years of anything else. Jews and Asians, on the other hand, are populations that immigrated to North America and included doctors, lawyers, professors, and entrepreneurs among their ranks. Moreover, European Jews are able to function as part of the White majority. To expect Blacks to show the same upward mobility as Jews and Asians is to deny the historical and social reality that Black people face."
  • Archer V2.0Archer V2.0 The Persian Prince Joined: Posts: 5,230
    Yeah cause it's so awesome to watch vile and wicked things happen.

You're what's wrong with this generation of children.

Don't you have an anime to masturbate to, pussy?
    Doo Doo Doooooooooooo
    That movie hat denzel washington got an academy award for had the same shit, why are people such pussies?
    It's the fact that a white director made this movie that had the use of the N word multiple times that has people's panties in a bunch.
  • Archer V2.0Archer V2.0 The Persian Prince Joined: Posts: 5,230
    It's the fact that a white director made this movie that had the use of the N word multiple times that has people's panties in a bunch.
    White people advocating the use of racial slurs? Cool bro.

Ugh, I wish more people had an IQ above the North American average of 98.
    Doo Doo Doooooooooooo
  • pedoviejopedoviejo Slammin' dat ASS! Joined: Posts: 6,118 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I must see this movie.
    ______________________________________________________________________________

Complete my life Capcom, and make a Megaman Legends 3 exclusive for PS4. Do it, do it for the glory that should be and would be.
  • FoolinfectionFoolinfection Big fish in a little pond Joined: Posts: 971 ✭✭✭
    Pffft. This very same movie that has white people saying "****" is also the same movie that has a black dude killing shit loads of white people. And with that being said,this movie is fucking amazing. It's like Machete for black people!!
    Welcome to the internet. God help you if you have an opinion. :clapdos:

[SIZE=12px]Misterbeef[/SIZE][SIZE=12px]: [/SIZE][SIZE=12px]I should start keeping written letters in sealed envelopes when I go to tournaments. If i get bodied, I give them one, and when they open it up it says "fuk u"[/SIZE]
    Movie is just another excuse for your everyday white person to use the word.
    "this game is about winning, If you had the option of a 1) Big dick or 2) a small dick, would you choose 2 because it took more skill? Thought not"
    -Bokkin
  • toddler316toddler316 Drunk Shit Hustler Joined: Posts: 5,420 ✭✭✭✭
    Movie was fucking amazing.
    Ya'll need to stop bitching.

Sent from my SGH-T769 using Tapatalk 2
    Russell Crowe: This is Tianamen Square. Lots of good fightin' has gone on here throughout the years.These China men can grow to over five feet tall, and in a fight, are known to kick with their legs.

As the infamous Bruce Lee said: "To know oneself is to study oneself in action with another person."

Your signature has been modifed, please read the rules.
  • PterodactylPterodactyl Genital Joined: Posts: 3,092 ✭✭✭✭
    This is my new favorite movie.

The KKK scene had me dying.

What upsets me about this bitching is that there are black people complaining(i'm black by the way) when this movie is literally about a black man teaming up with a not racist white man, killing a bunch of white people, freeing some slaves, and over coming slavery and racism.

It would be at least somewhat justifiable if the movie was about Samuel Jackson's character and not a black bad ass.

What really sucks is that Tarantino doesn't do sequels/prequels, which is both good and bad but I really want to see some more Django.
  • Nini HeartNini Heart Red Pill Joined: Posts: 6,609
    White people advocating the use of racial slurs? Cool bro.

Ugh, I wish more people had an IQ above the North American average of 98.

You are a dumbass, plain and simple. You see it as advocating the use of racial slurs, most normal people see it as sticking to historical truths.

And yes, watching vile and wicked things happen is pretty awesome. Vile and wicked things such as a man going through all the levels of hell just to save his sweetheart. Humans have always loved that shit, from the arenas to entertainment industry today, a deep seated yet oft repressed love of viewing vile and wicked things is ingrained in us. Can't fight thousands of years of evolution.

Now, I politely invite your liberal, tree-hugging hippie ass to forsake this thread as the rest of us parley about the movie like gentlemen :coffee:
    I ♥ Me
    This is my new favorite movie.

The KKK scene was had me dying.

What upsets me about this bitching is that there are black people complaining(i'm black by the way) when this movie is literally about a black man teaming up with a not racist white man, killing a bunch of white people, freeing some slaves, and over coming slavery and racism.

It would be at least somewhat justifiable if the movie was about Samuel Jackson's character and not a black bad ass.

Slight of hand gets us as black folk all the time.

As long as its entertaining I guess....
    -Bokkin
  • KarimlooKarimloo Joined: Posts: 604
    I don't know how to say this but like, are the characters set apart into right and wrong? Bad guy, good guy thing? Or is it more shades of gray, different degrees of guilt? I enjoy movies without a true protagonist or antagonist, and I may have had a vibe from the trailer of it.
  • PterodactylPterodactyl Genital Joined: Posts: 3,092 ✭✭✭✭
    Django and the Doc are light gray, most everyone else is pretty bad except the slaves.

I have to say the dog scene and the mandigo fighting scene were two of the most fucked up scenes i've ever seen in movies.
  • FoolinfectionFoolinfection Big fish in a little pond Joined: Posts: 971 ✭✭✭
    I loved Samuel L Jackson as Uncle Rukus. Haha.
    Welcome to the internet. God help you if you have an opinion. :clapdos:

[SIZE=12px]Misterbeef[/SIZE][SIZE=12px]: [/SIZE][SIZE=12px]I should start keeping written letters in sealed envelopes when I go to tournaments. If i get bodied, I give them one, and when they open it up it says "fuk u"[/SIZE]
    You are a dumbass, plain and simple. You see it as advocating the use of racial slurs, most normal people see it as sticking to historical truths.

And yes, watching vile and wicked things happen is pretty awesome. Vile and wicked things such as a man going through all the levels of hell just to save his sweetheart. Humans have always loved that shit, from the arenas to entertainment industry today, a deep seated yet oft repressed love of viewing vile and wicked things is ingrained in us. Can't fight thousands of years of evolution.

Now, I politely invite your liberal, tree-hugging hippie ass to forsake this thread as the rest of us parley about the movie like gentlemen :coffee:
    Nah man, If I want to see historical truths I'll watch Roots and or something of the like.

Nah man, if you like the whole vile, wicked, torture thing great, but don't put that on all humans...

QT drops the N word and or calls black people monkeys and or stupid in 95% of his movies. It's clear he has some kind of fascination with black people... When I read recently that he only wanted to do one super hero movie back in the day and it was Luke Cage I had to roll my eyes.

again this does nothing to raise awareness, and not that it should.... its a action movie tbh. Its a freaking western about a bounty hunting slave. There are black people that where born in 1930-till that if sat in front of this movie would probably just cry.

inglorious bastards was handled with much more tack than this from what I'm hearing... No surprise there honestly.
    -Bokkin
  • HotobuHotobu Simpsonized Joined: Posts: 2,962 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Quentin Tarantino's thought process for making a movie:

"I feel like making a movie, I wonder what I should do it on... Oh I know I grew up in the 70s, so I know how cool black people can be. I'll do something with black people. Hmm... I have to bring some sort of 'legitimacy' to my movie. I know, I'll put in some racial tension, cause you know we need to get over our racial barriers, and break down stereotypes because this racism stuff is stupid, and I should know because I grew up watching blaxploitation movies in the 70s, so I know how cool black people can be. Hmm... how to introduce racial tension?... I KNOW I'll just have everyone say **** a lot. That'll shock people and shake things up, it may even start a dialogue all because of MY movie! Also it's cool for me to do that because I get a pass. I know I get a pass because I grew up watching blaxploitation movies in the 70s, and that's what made me want to make movies, and I still listen to music made in the 70s by black people, so I know how cool black people can be."
    Nah man, If I want to see historical truths I'll watch Roots and or something of the like.

Lets be real, nobody was expecting some sort of historical accuracy with this movie BUT I give him props for not sugarcoating the slavery aspect of that time period the story is set in. Which is what people were getting at when it came to the N word usage in the film.
    The movie ain't replacing Roots and I don't think it set out to do that. At the same time, I don't know of any Hollywood production that has really emphasized a lot of the harshness of slavery.
  • MancubMancub Joined: Posts: 554 ✭✭✭✭
    Woah, damn, there sure are a lot of jaded people on here, aren't there? I'm white, so maybe I don't get the whole 'white people are evil even if we do the same thing' situation, but where the fuck are the complaints when we get called crackers in films? Besides that, I saw the movie and racial slurs aside, it was amazing and another testament to how good of a producer QT is.
    really?

Cry moar ****

Complete my life Capcom, and make a Megaman Legends 3 exclusive for PS4. Do it, do it for the glory that should be and would be.
  • angelpalmangelpalm Joined: Posts: 12,247 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Qt made Catcher Freeman the movie and dudes is mad because it isn't about white ppl and black ppl having tea parties and shit. You are the reason we don't have Rated R movies anymore you humongous vagina.
    Fair and Balanced, like Fox News.
  • SonicabidSonicabid You need JEEZus Joined: Posts: 7,153 ✭✭✭✭✭
    This movie is for people to watch it and be entertained. You guys are looking for excuses to whine about shit if you think this movie was made for anything outside of entertainment.

Qt made Catcher Freeman the movie and dudes is mad because it isn't about white ppl and black ppl having tea parties and shit. You are the reason we don't have Rated R movies anymore you humongous vagina.

It has nothing to do with pg-13 sales being far greater than R rated sales and R rate sales being far greater than N-17 sales.

This movie is for people to watch it and be entertained. You guys are looking for excuses to whine about shit if you think this movie was made for anything outside of entertainment.

Indeed it is, I know I'm not whining. I loved the punisher movie as cheesy and over the top as it was.

QT has a history for violent and unnecessary racial slur and comments.... I just find it odd people can't make a connection that something is suspect.

But what it comes down to is black or white or green, when its all said and done no one cares as long as their entertained.
    -Bokkin
    WHO FUCKING CARES!

WHO FUCKING CARES!
    when its all said and done no one cares as long as their entertained.
    -Bokkin
  • HonzogonzoHonzogonzo fuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuu Joined: Posts: 3,302
    niggas crying about niggas saying nigga

nigga shut the fuck up
    http://www.justin.tv/honzo_gonzo
    follow me on twitter @honzogonzo
    youtube: youtube.com/thewasteofflesh
    facebook fan page: http://www.facebook.com/pages/Honzo-vs-Marvel/254784834545478
  • Ufinna-git-karate'dUfinna-git-karate'd Are you okay? Joined: Posts: 360
    Well it did not take long, but it appears that this thread is going full retard. It really sucks that we cannot have a normal conversation about a goddam movie.
    Where does Squall keep his Gunblade when he isn't using it????
    niggas crying about niggas saying nigga

nigga shut the fuck up

No surprise here
    -Bokkin
  • Disciple of RyuDisciple of Ryu The King of Iron Fist Joined: Posts: 409 ✭✭✭
    Not a fan of racial slurs myself. Glad I didn't watch the movie today.
  • DodekaDodeka Centurion Joined: Posts: 989
    Was a great movie, and I would see it again.

And I've watched roots. It's the same basis, but done in a different genre with a QT based plot. The N word gets tossed around by everyone now anyway yet now it's once again a crime to say. I recall roots using the N word a shit ton of times by everyone as well. Roots creator was also sued for plagiarism; was still a good mini series though. The book was vastly better, and much more graphic(borderline Django graphic). Mandingo was another great historical black movie about a black slave that beat the shit out of other slaves, and was just as graphic(and well received as well).

I guess an accurate portrayal of Slavery isn't for the squeamish. Maybe some one should make a movie about Nat Turner who was:
    " [SIZE=16px]a black preacher who led an 1831 uprising in Southampton County, Virginia in which at least 55 whites were killed by a group of about 50 slaves. Turner was a deeply religious man who claimed to have visions and directives from God. On the night of 21 August 1831 he led four other slaves (Henry, Hark, Nelson and Sam) on a murderous spree near the town of Jerusalem, killing men, women and children in their beds. By the next day his mob had grown to at least 40 or 50, but the local militia confronted and captured most of them. Turner escaped, but was eventually captured in October and tried. He was hanged and skinned 11 November 1831. Before he was executed, he described his actions to Thomas R. Gray, and “The Confessions of Nat Turner” was later widely published in newspapers. Turner’s failed rebellion led to hundreds of blacks being murdered by white vigilante mobs, and spurred a new set of strict codes that limited the activities of slaves."[/SIZE]

Not sure how anyone would be able to sugar-coat shit like that seeing as how that was. Just like the word **** or Nigga. You can't suger-coat the word. But you can't be ignorant towards it either. It was used as a denotation when referring to a black person, and everyone used it(black, or white). It was also used to refer to an ignorant person(mostly toward blacks), but if you actually saw the movie " Django: Unchained " you would understand that seeing as Jamie Foxx called a white man a "Nigga" as his job pretty much made him out to be one in both denotation and ignorance.

Technically the word should've never been acceptable, but it's cultural now just like any other ethnic slur with in other ethnic groups. So stop being dumb-asses over a dumb word like "nigga", and just go watch the movie. It's really good, and already has an 89% approval rating.
    Worldmind Inc.
  • voodazzvoodazz WORST. RACIST. EVER. Joined: Posts: 3,470 ✭✭✭✭
    Eh, ever since Inglorious Bastards, I have had no real desire to pay to see a QT movie on the big screen. This looks like a rental to me.
    www.voodazz.com
    "It's okay to lie to women. They're not people like us."
    -Peter Griffin
  • RockBogartRockBogart Donkologist, Ph.D Joined: Posts: 21,698 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Nini Heart a pussy for typing "nigga" in the thread title :coffee:

And Spike is a bitch for crying about Django and not Roots which is played every Christmas. Getting real tired of your shit Spike.
  • The Furious OneThe Furious One Fluent in 3 languages Engrish, Sarcasm & Profanity Joined: Posts: 13,196 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I hate racial slurs, I hate how people here throw the word nigga around. But be real here, if it's historically correct to use it, then there should be no problem.

I wonder if there are people in Germany that have an issue with WW2 movies where Nazi use bad words against Jews.

Saying that, using racial slurs for comedic value is just wrong
    Street Fighter: Assassin's Fist Live Action Series - Filming Has Started - http://www.facebook.com/streetfighterAF
    My Deviant ART VideoGame Desktop Wallpapers / http://f-1.deviantart.com/
    ಥ_ಥ ~ ಠ益ಠ ~ ಠ_ಠ ~ ಠ_ರೃ ~ F-1

Shiiiiiiit.

Becky, Laura, Bob, and Jake are not about that life :coffee:

And there's actually more non blacks complaining about this movie than any other group. My entire family agreed that Spike is being a bitch.
  • LouiscipherLouiscipher The man you love to hate Joined: Posts: 8,177 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Spike Lee has always has an issue with Quentin. He raised the same issue when Jackie Brown came out. I don't believe in his argument at all. The word 'nigga' doesn't belong purely to black filmmakers, that's woefully ignorant.

That said I can't wait to check this shit out.
    STOMP!
  • SpaceOutNightmareSpaceOutNightmare Stays Sandbaggin' Joined: Posts: 2,336 ✭✭
    I was supposed to see this with my family yesterday.

Is it worth the theaters like The Hobbit, or can I just rent it?

Also, people complaining about the word "nigga".

Nigga, grow the fuck up.

YES, there is still racism in this world, but when you see a white filmmaker with no fear using nigga, you should be okay with it, because he's advancing racism by something odd years, not taking it back, and not using it as some "get away with it" scheme to say nigga.

The second you try to take a joke for more than it is, you've got a problem.

I'm pretty sure QT said to himself "okay, this is a movie set during slave times, about a slave, the word nigga is going to be used here because why the fuck would it not be?"

That's like watching a movie about the 90's and not expecting to see "dope" or "fly" or "fresh".
    Thinking about redoing BOB tournament for the patch, anyone game?
    I was supposed to see this with my family yesterday.

Is it worth the theaters like The Hobbit, or can I just rent it?

Also, people complaining about the word "nigga".

Nigga, grow the fuck up.

YES, there is still racism in this world, but when you see a white filmmaker with no fear using nigga, you should be okay with it, because he's advancing racism by something odd years, not taking it back, and not using it as some "get away with it" scheme to say nigga.

The second you try to take a joke for more than it is, you've got a problem.

I'm pretty sure QT said to himself "okay, this is a movie set during slave times, about a slave, the word nigga is going to be used here because why the fuck would it not be?"

That's like watching a movie about the 90's and not expecting to see "dope" or "fly" or "fresh".

-Bokkin
    Did.........You just post a video about a white dude discussing the seriousness of nigga/****, AND YOU DO NOT SEE MY POINT.

IT'S LIKE THIS PLANE OF LOGIC, THIS PAPER PLANE OF LOGIC FLEW OVER YOUR HEAD.

It's like 8 in the morning, but I think I'm warming up, please see what you just did, before paragraphs are posted.
  • crotchpunchacrotchpuncha Be Attitude For Gains Joined: Posts: 6,707 ✭✭✭✭✭
    That guy is in a completely different position from QT.

Also he sounds like a total pussy. Pretending the word doesn't exist by not saying it is tantamount to pretending the problem doesn't exist.
    It's not the end of the world, but you can see it from here.
    Did.........You just post a video about a white dude discussing the seriousness of nigga/****, AND YOU DO NOT SEE MY POINT.

IT'S LIKE THIS PLANE OF LOGIC, THIS PAPER PLANE OF LOGIC FLEW OVER YOUR HEAD.

It's like 8 in the morning, but I think I'm warming up, please see what you just did, before paragraphs are posted.

Clearly you didn't watch it. CLEARLY

I don't have anything more to say if that video doesn't make sense too you and everyone else.
    -Bokkin
    People still typing "nigga" instead of "****"?

Yes nigga comes from **** but they have two different connotations these days.

Bitchass niggas too scared to type "****" :coffee: Saying the word doesn't make you a racist. Using it to demean another group of people does.
    Clearly you didn't watch it. CLEARLY

I don't have anything more to say if that video doesn't make sense too you and everyone else.
    Welp, you didn't, so let it begin.

First off, he starts off saying he's not going to have a conversation about this word because it doesn't involve him, BUT THEN HE STARTS TO RANT ABOUT IT.

Second off, no, he's wrong, EVERYONE IS A PART OF THIS DISCUSSION, it's word, this is a free country, you don't go restricting access to something because some find it offensive, that's not how this fucking country works, that's not how this fucking world works, that's not how fucking life works.

Whether he likes it or not, it is a discussion he needs to have, and have seriously, because this word, just like every other word on the face of the earth, inhabits all facets of everyone's life.

YES, the Indian kid walking down the street does not have to deal with the word **** as a historically damning thing, fucking of course, but if you think that puts him out of the discussion, your understanding of racism and discrimination in general is elementary at best.

How long until **** comes back as a hateful word for white people, or Indians, alot of people already use it as a synonym for just ignorance.

His attempts to be culturally sensitive only do more harm, he is effectively giving more power to the word by treating it as a land mine, and not a fucking word.

It's a fucking word. A fucking word. A fucking word.

Yes, a word used to hurt (presumably, I think you're black) our people for a long time, but the longer you hang on to the bitterness of such a thing, the longer the ghosts of antebellum and before hold onto your psyche.

Humanizing the word, weakening the word, is a much better solution then treating it as something to be locked up or only taken out in serious discussion.

Because all filmakers, even the shitty ones, are artists, and as soon as we condeem and/or damn artists for doing something to convey an image because it hurts you is the same time we head down a dark road of ignorance, creative depression, and censorship.

• Mr. XMr. X Non Stop ∞ Climax Joined: Posts: 20,004 ✭✭✭
    This wouldn't be a problem if QT was black.

The problem is that people agree with that line of thinking.
    "You are all just as bad as the people you hate. You're only interested in characters based on tears." - Since1717
    NO STREAM = DEAD GAME
    PSN: X_the_Genius | GGPO: Mr X | Skype: MisterEcks
    Also, lol@ that dude thinking that writing it is somehow better than saying it out loud.

That is a height of ignorance I cannot even comprehend.
    I have yet to meet a black person who doesn't like QT movies. So I don't know where this new outrage is coming from outside of liberal whites.
  • toddler316toddler316 Drunk Shit Hustler Joined: Posts: 5,420 ✭✭✭✭
    Shiiiiiiit.

Becky, Laura, Bob, and Jake are not about that life :coffee:

And there's actually more non blacks complaining about this movie than any other group. My entire family agreed that Spike is being a bitch.

Is this the elusive black version of "I'm not racist, ask my black friend?"

Sent from my SGH-T769 using Tapatalk 2
    Russell Crowe: This is Tianamen Square. Lots of good fightin' has gone on here throughout the years.These China men can grow to over five feet tall, and in a fight, are known to kick with their legs.

As the infamous Bruce Lee said: "To know oneself is to study oneself in action with another person."

Also, lol@ that dude thinking that writing it is somehow better than saying it out loud.

That is a height of ignorance I cannot even comprehend.

Im not gonna argue with you or anyone. But discussion of the word always leads to "get over it" and "its a word" with some white person coming through and spamming it to "prove" that its just a word. I could say Just get over it about alot of things that we as american's "respect" words doctrines and holiday's and pay respect's to annually.
    I have yet to meet a black person who doesn't like QT movies. So I don't know where this new outrage is coming from outside of liberal whites.

this is 100% true 30 and under crowd loves his movies. I haven't meet any older black people especially down here in the south that Co sign him though.

All this a side discuss the movie, since that's what the thread is about
    -Bokkin
    How willing you are to mention something previously taboo is usually a sign of healing.

I'm not talking about "nigga **** nigga nuchavnanvoanvkavanvavk", I'm talking about just using something.

When you're hurt, it's either something you don't want to act like exists, keeping it safe in it' own little memorial, or disrespecting it.

Examples: Every bad thing that has happened more than 50 years ago.

I know when my father passed, I would casually joke about his death, I wasn't over it, I attempted to get over it, my mother did the opposite, treating his name or anything relating to him as cancerous, but the two of us are now healing, we can talk about him and not make callous jokes or go all mousy, we can put a Santa Claus hat on his urn.