first - this is NOT about st vs sf4.
I really enjoy both SF4 and ST - actually these 2 are the only fgs I play seriously and follow. I came here because I want to learn more about the differences between sf4 and st characters.
I know many of you don't like sf4, but I think most of you at least tried it, and maybe some are playing both games.
To be more clear:
What are the differences between say - Fei Long from ST and Fei from SF4 ?
Leaving the game engine differences (FA, slower speed, more windows reversals, etc,) - I'm curious how much different are the sf4 characters from their ST incarnation, and why - different playstyles, different archetype, goals, specials being better, other properties, etc.
I'm interested in all 16 characters, but on some especially:
- Fei Long: why is Fei considered bad and difficult to play in ST, but top tier and quite easy to play in SF4 ? (well, I know about sf4 - I'm interested, what makes him good in sf4, but he doesn't have/ doesn't work...in ST. And why ST Fei is difficult to play ?
- Honda: my character. What are the differences between his sf4 and st versions ? As far as I know, sf4 Honda is quite similar to st Honda. But I'm very interested, what are the differences between these 2.
- Dhalsim: why is he so good in st, but quite bad in sf4 ? (I know zoning is not that strong in sf4, but is it something else, too ? like - some specials being more useful ins ST, etc)
- dee jay: quite good in st, pretty bad in sf4
- o. Hawk vs sf4 Hawk - why Hawk is quite good in st, but really bad in sf4 ?
And all other characters:
- st Vega vs sf4 Vega
- st Bison vs sf4 Bison - big difference here from what I know
I would be gratefull for any info you can provide.
btw, i'm not an english speaker, so my apologies if my english sounds a little...rusty.