Calgary Thread 2013

Comments

• derrykderryk mister science brain Joined: Posts: 4,815
    Bp express won the last fight pub he's good
  • JimmypotatoJimmypotato Joined: Posts: 922
    That Bane player is soooo baaad. Bipolar Express... I know I've eaten his face many a time online... is he Calgarian? I'd love to play in person :). I remember telling him to double punch less... he didn't listen...

He's pretty good man, I think he got really nervous against Chris G. Plus Chris took the pussy way out and went BA and not Arrow, pretty sure he woulda crushed his Arrow. Being only his second tourny he's pretty happy with 7th he said. He is from here, we jam games at my house from time to time, and he crushed my drunk ass in Grand Finals of the last fight pub lol.

I can't believe no one there beat Rogs shitty Frost. Seemed to be littered with Aquamen and superman players. oh well. Next time I have games at my house you should come, I'll have it on a sunday. usually get 6 of us there.
  • MisguidedAngelMisguidedAngel Greetings, mortal! Joined: Posts: 5,214
    edited September 2013
    I'll definitely be there! It'll be a ton of fun trying out all the new changes (and see who the better Bane is in person ;) ). If not a week from Sunday hopefully some peoples make it out to Dickens to try out the new version?

Rog's Frost is so fraudulent. It's always depressing seeing him get this far with nothing but f3 and lolslide. Pretty sure Chris G will embarrass him in the end.

In other Injustice news, the game was rated recently for release on next gen consoles. I'd guess they might add a character or two then? Probably Black Manta for one of them (he's a central character in the comics coming up and is pretty much the only one of them missing in game), and hopefully Swamp Thing!
    I'll definitely be there! It'll be a ton of fun trying out all the new changes (and see who the better Bane is in person ;) ). If not a week from Sunday hopefully some peoples make it out to Dickens to try out the new version?

Rog's Frost is so fraudulent. It's always depressing seeing him get this far with nothing but f3 and lolslide. Pretty sure Chris G will embarrass him in the end.

In other Injustice news, the game was rated recently for release on next gen consoles. I'd guess they might add a character or two then? Probably Black Manta for one of them (he's a central character in the comics coming up and is pretty much the only one of them missing in game), and hopefully Swamp Thing!

Yah man, we should try for Dickens lol, I forget that it's sundays sometimes.

Actually I think you should watch for AK Clark on sunday, he's from Atlanta and those guys don't mess around down there. I would not be surprised if he took it.

A buddy of mine beat Rogs Frost at TFC with Arrow and I guess he was salty and proclaimed to everyone there that he was done with the game. My one regret of not going to Vancouver is not being able to mop his ass up with Arrow again and have him salt it up lol. J3 > Yolo Slide.

I think the changes to the MB B3/F3 makes it worth it to cancel through interactables now and other things. I still don't see people doing it, but I've been trying to add it into my game, just sucks right now when you still take full damage off the interactable, but worth it if you are getting in for a full punish that could end the game. Arrows dash makes it possible to cancel through one into D2 load ice Arrow and freeze dat ass before they land for shenanigins.

I still think Superman and BA are gonna be good as hell. But MMH, WWoman and Aquaman are looking real good right now. Zod is also up there, and pretty fun to use.

I'm pretty pumped they finally buffed my character instead of nerfed lol. So yah, I wanna play when the patch hits for sure. I usually only get one night a week to play as it stands right now.

I agree with you on the Next gen release, saw that the other day. Also a Vita release. They did Vita only skins with MK that never came to console. Would not be surprised if they did the last 2 characters on the next gen, if only to sell copies lol.
  • Duck StrongDuck Strong Yin to all Yang Joined: Posts: 7,783 ✭✭✭✭✭ OG
    edited September 2013
    Really good Guy player vs Xian somewhere in the middle east:

My youtube channel (various MVC3 vids etc.):

http://www.youtube.com/user/CrouchStrong?feature=mhsn
  • FakeSteveFakeSteve Mayhem Enthusiast Joined: Posts: 2,499
    ^ frametraptv is a great stream. They have some really strong players in Dubai! That's a street fighter stream I watch quite often when it's up
    HOT DOG KING
  • thebestthebest #electricboogaloo Joined: Posts: 8,529
    Somebody please slap Instant Party IRL, he is that one ibuki online you want to punch in the throat for being such a retarded player
  • TheLastWolvesTheLastWolves Dug Joined: Posts: 785
    ^Best match of the tournament thus far
  • thebestthebest #electricboogaloo Joined: Posts: 8,529
    Oh my god.. that walk cross under, cross back shoulder.
    Based yun god.
  • Duck StrongDuck Strong Yin to all Yang Joined: Posts: 7,783 ✭✭✭✭✭ OG
    Wow, Floe came out again? Lol, against Infiltration.
    My youtube channel (various MVC3 vids etc.):

http://www.youtube.com/user/CrouchStrong?feature=mhsn
  • InfilInfil una catástrofe con una pelota de beisbol Joined: Posts: 8,629
    That combo Infiltration did into cr.MK xx teleport xx U2 is really really hard, lol
    Visit my Complete Killer Instinct Guide! Learn everything you wanted to know about the game. Every mechanic and character discussed with embedded video examples!
    easymaaaaaaan, you chooooooooked
    Visit my Complete Killer Instinct Guide! Learn everything you wanted to know about the game. Every mechanic and character discussed with embedded video examples!
    haha

Capture.jpg

• Nos99Nos99 Science Scrub Joined: Posts: 4,651
    Easyman Should've won that match. :(

After the match he started breakdancing for the crowd, spinning on one hand and shit
    Infil wrote: »
    easymaaaaaaan, you chooooooooked

I wanted him to win so bad lol
    So much Cammy
    edited September 2013
    wow. i just saw chaotix bop ricky ... then filipino champ beat tokido.
    sick!

NOW JAMIE-SAN FACES MURDER FACE LETS BO JAMIE SAAAAANN!!!!
    jayce is pretty good
    I still don't get the appeal of Marvel, the commentators say whats gonna happen before it happens and then it all happens. I dunno, weird game.
    edited September 2013
    Marvel viewership is lower than SF4 which surprises me, I guess it's pretty late though and this isn't a tournament with a ton of Marvel killers
  • GandzGandz Andy B Joined: Posts: 315
    edited September 2013
    Marvel Shmarvel

Guess who will be in Calgary on Thursday until the 24th. Me, that's who.
    Post edited by Gandz on
  • TMNTempsTMNTemps brozhear Joined: Posts: 4,202
    Imo marvel is super tired

Game is too cheap and too dry at high lvl. Not enough incentive to do fancy combos too easy to confirm balance is way too fucked. This tourney still has a lot of big names shoulda been better but SF is aging so much more gracefully than marvel. Game is awesome imo
    GGXrd - Sol // SFV - Ken
    SFV Ken Okizeme Lessons
  • TheKaiten7TheKaiten7 Joined: Posts: 1,829
    yo blazblue ct in my room if anyones down high stakes mm trololol
    TMNTemps wrote: »

Game is too cheap and too dry at high lvl. Not enough incentive to do fancy combos too easy to confirm balance is way too fucked. This tourney still has a lot of big names shoulda been better but SF is aging so much more gracefully than marvel. Game is awesome imo

I really enjoyed all the street fighter I saw on both streams yesterday, I tried to watch some of the marvel, but like you said, it is dry, and really not exciting to watch. Your commentary was great all day though man. Dat knowledge.
    I was wrong about AK Clark he is from Seattle I guess, he just has the AK tag like all the atlanta players, very strange.
    Hooow did Rog do better than Chris in Injustice? PR is one of my favourite FG players but... bleh...

And I guess Superman had to take one more tournament before the nerf train runs him over in two days.
    Hooow did Rog do better than Chris in Injustice? PR is one of my favourite FG players but... bleh...

And I guess Superman had to take one more tournament before the nerf train runs him over in two days.

Cause Aquaman vs Arrow is a fuckin shitty match up for Arrow, That dude played like shit and still beat Chris G, cause AMs D1 and D2 are fuckin retarded. Arrow can't really do jack in that match. I'm surprised he didn't pick Black Adam,

lol, the funny thing about Superman is, they didn't do anything to him to stop what even AK Clark was doing. They didn't touch trait, and I think they only adjusted the hit box on F2 so that it doesn't AA so easiely, it's still 8 frame advancing forward that will punish everything in the game. And trait still comes back after like 6 seconds. He will still be really really good.
    edited September 2013
    No doubt Superman will still be top 5. I think they changed what needed to be changed about Superman (his zoning game should never have been that good). I'm also hoping the F2 hitbox was changed just enough so that you're not automatically jailed at the start of every round. Superman also doing less damage is an important nerf :).

Aquaman is dumb. And going to be even more dumb after patch. I feel like the game would have been incredibly balanced if Martian and Aquaman saw some nerfs... NRS games always need to have those 1 or 2 characters that are in another league from the rest, I guess.

Edit: Figured out some new Bane tech today I'm gonna try and implement into my game before our matches, Jimmy :). F2D xx mbb3, j2, 123, ring toss... if you use it with 3 venom it's an armoured, armor breaking, 11 frame overhead, that leads into 56% damage anywhere on screen. Should do about 60 after the universal B3 buff. Pretty nice for only 2 meter. I never see many Bane's going for F2D over double punch and it's really weird. The move is straight up better in every way at level 3, and it's even getting a hit box buff on Tuesday. At other venom levels it's not armored, where as double punch is, but double punch has 50% more start up and leads to 7% damage (instead of the 38+% F2D leads into... lulz). And it doesn't whiff as an AA half the time and continue animating after the first hit like double punch...Way better strat than dash up twice, SRK ;).
    Post edited by MisguidedAngel on
    TMNTemps wrote: »

Just to clarify, I don't agree that sf4 is awesome, just that Marvel gets worse and worse as time goes on.

This is kinda funny, because when I saw you agreed with the original post, I was like "hmm, I wonder what parts Mike was agreeing with, surely not that SF4 is an alright game? Probably just the first part" But then you went out of your way to ensure that we would never think such a thing, lol.
  • GandzGandz Andy B Joined: Posts: 315
    edited September 2013
    Man, that Canada Cup trailer with the Godzilla music keeps making me think it's going to drop into this song...

Post edited by Gandz on
  • Shanghai KidShanghai Kid Joined: Posts: 2,261
    CHI RITHY!!!@!!
    Yoooooo Canada takes out USA!!!, Hells yeah!!
  • KilleyKilley Game Over Yeeeaaaahhhhh Joined: Posts: 5,560
    but then we got ocv'd by dj...
    All posts made by Killey are intended for discerning readers. All views & opinions are subject to change without notice. Killey will not apologize for any misinterpretations of his posts.
  • zakkyzakky rawr Joined: Posts: 1,340
    It looks like I lost my subscription benefits as well. I didn't get a chance to see Canada vs USA, and I can't check the archives now.
  • RaidenthaShockaRaidenthaShocka captain obvious Joined: Posts: 2,745
    my spider sense is telling me they wont be able fix this. i would have ponied up for another subscription by now if it didnt say one time fee on the checkout page. im hoping its a glitch.
    Shampoo is betta it goes on first and cleans da hair!
  • Nos99Nos99 Science Scrub Joined: Posts: 4,651
    It's over!!!
    are there any matches taking place at the afterparty? a money match stream or something?
    Infil wrote: »
    are there any matches taking place at the afterparty? a money match stream or something?

i think canadacup2 stream will be streaming very shortly,
  • Scrub SaibotScrub Saibot IT'S ME AUSTIN! Joined: Posts: 1,582
    Breaking Bad
    -Lydia is such a cowardly bitch. She got what she deserved.

-Such a bittersweet finale. They could have just layered on the depression and tragedy, but as per usual the writers completely defy expectations and give us what is mostly a victory for Walter given the circumstances. But then you take a look at the whole series and see how he had to destroy so much to accomplish what he did. Really makes you think, especially given the fact that Walter does not regret what he did.

-I'm so happy they found a way to include Badger and Skinny Pete just one last time.
    YOU ALL BOUGHT IT!
    EVEN MY FAMILY, EVEN MY IMMEDIATE FAMILY BOUGHT IT!