UMvC3 OTT: Welcome to 2013!

Comments

• MechWarriorMechWarrior Joined: Posts: 4,075 ✭✭✭✭✭
    No offense Dizzy, but most of CORN are A-holes who talk shit but get bodied in a real match. One nigga insults my Zero when it's obvious to anyone who plays me even a little that I'm off my game tonight, and then he plays Zero, who is his main, and gets his shit bodied horribad when I was at least winning my matches. Stay free.
    You just fired this shot.

WHAT HAVE YOU DONE
    XBL: MechWarriorNY USFIV: Gouken/Akuma/Hugo at some point UMvC3: Thor/Dormammu/Super Skrull in various orders. FR me if you want to play, I play lots of stuff, and like playing with other people; I don't bite!
    ·
  • SharakontaSharakonta I don't need these to see through your lies! Joined: Posts: 4,302
    What to do with out interwebs

Sent from my SGH-T959V using Tapatalk 2
    Deal with it Courtesy of Chungri
    PSN only *for now* Sharakonta
    BB: Hazama GG: Sol/HOS/Ky UMvC: Learning Zero/Dante/Strider P4U: Labrys
    ·
  • The DukeThe Duke Joined: Posts: 14,405 ✭✭✭✭✭

Got to your local arcade and play Super Street Fighter 2!
    ·
  • MysticRayMysticRay Mashes Dive Kick Until It Works. Joined: Posts: 4,732

I mean I guess we could have sex. But I have a headache and I'm not really in the mood tonight.
    UMVC3 Teams: Kawaiibrand/Skrub/Whackbot . Kawaiibrand/Dog/Skrub
    Lovez the chubbays and Dark Magician Fatty.
    Your signature has been modifed, please read the rules.
    ·
  • GrubletGrublet Button Masher Joined: Posts: 2,848
    I wish I had a local arcade. I'm not including the places with only ticket games. :(
    KOF13: Flame Iori/Ash/Kim
    P4A: Aigis
    XBL- Senor Grublet
    ·
  • the7kthe7k Kitty Pride. Joined: Posts: 5,501 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Got to your local arcade and play single-player NASCAR because they didn't link the cabinets together!
    Fixed.
    PSN: the_7k. XBL: the7k. http://www.twitch.tv/the7k - Turn on, Tune in, Drop combos.

"Comebacks are fine as long as I'm the one doing them. Otherwise, they are evidence of a broken, poorly balanced game and it's all because of poor netcode and in-game lag due to poor port optimization and it was a terrible matchup and they need to patch the game and I should have won that and why does anyone even play this awful, fraud friendly game."
    ·
  • SharakontaSharakonta I don't need these to see through your lies! Joined: Posts: 4,302
    That I could do but I don't have net til the 11th but my net is gonna be bout 6 times better

·
  • IronicHipstersIronicHipsters Joined: Posts: 14
    I wish I had a local arcade. I'm not including the places with only ticket games. :(

Yeah there is only pinball arcades near me and Dave and Busters way the fuck out, and I only go to Dave and Busters when I wanna get drunk and yell at the air hockey machine for conspiring against me.
    ·
  • The DukeThe Duke Joined: Posts: 14,405 ✭✭✭✭✭
    That I could do but I don't have net til the 11th but my net is gonna be bout 6 times better

What they running fiber straight to your brain?
    ·
  • Green AceGreen Ace Not playing Jago's team Joined: Posts: 652 ✭✭✭
    I took my first straight shot of liquor for the first time in a couple months. Forgot that it was the worst thing in the would, and you already have to be plastered for it not to bother you.
    Me:what the fuck? It costs $10 to get into Orlando.
    Me:Is Orlando a country now?
    Pain: yeah, it's the land of the free.
    Me: LOLOLOL
    ·
  • GrubletGrublet Button Masher Joined: Posts: 2,848

I'm currently using the neighbors Internet to post this. My modem is not working and calling my Internet provider didn't help. Makes me sad.

Does anyone know what means when the send and receive lights, on the modem, are flashing at the same time?
    KOF13: Flame Iori/Ash/Kim
    P4A: Aigis
    XBL- Senor Grublet
    ·
    What they running fiber straight to your brain?
    Nah cause of my ahole oldest brother we no longer have net and it's gonna take em until the 11th to get it set up.

@Grublet I'm doin this from my phone

·
  • the7kthe7k Kitty Pride. Joined: Posts: 5,501 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ya know, now that I think about it, one of the movie theaters actually has better arcade selection than the actual arcade here.

The actual arcade has:
    Unlinked NASCAR
    Maximum Force
    Simpsons Pinball
    Galaga/Ms.Pac-Man
    An always-unplugged Pump It Up

The movie theater has;
    Time Crisis 3 (2 cabs linked)
    Fast & Furious: Tokyo Drift (2 cabs linked)
    Galaga/Ms.Pac-Man

All they need is a pin ball, but their shooter and racer is superior.

What's sad is I still haven't put any of my arcades out. I gotta SF2:Championship Edition, XvSF, KI2, Die Hard Arcade, TTT and Neo Geo 2-Slot that are perfectly ready to go out, I've just been a lazy fuck.
    PSN: the_7k. XBL: the7k. http://www.twitch.tv/the7k - Turn on, Tune in, Drop combos.

"Comebacks are fine as long as I'm the one doing them. Otherwise, they are evidence of a broken, poorly balanced game and it's all because of poor netcode and in-game lag due to poor port optimization and it was a terrible matchup and they need to patch the game and I should have won that and why does anyone even play this awful, fraud friendly game."
    ·
  • RokmodeRokmode preppy asked me to change my title rip meaty mud flap Joined: Posts: 8,119 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I found an ammy combo that does 840k damage 1 meter POSITIVE
    it uses assists but still
    EAD strider
    THIS WEBSITE SUCKS GIANT HORSE @#$@#$@!@$
    Youtube(random doom TAC help, doom combos, ammy stuff, shuma combos and tech): http://www.youtube.com/user/Clickclakmoo?feature=mhee Danke on shuma gorath: "He who sleeps but shouldn't have costed me 5 dollars."
    ·
  • LegendaryDJLegendaryDJ I'm Done Joined: Posts: 2,771
    Why didn't anyone tell me this Freaks and Geeks show was so amazing? Dang, I missed it growing up. So glad it popped up on Netflix.
    ·
  • FrostyAUFrostyAU Lynx in your sinks Joined: Posts: 4,920 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Spent most of the last day and a bit in bed 'cause sick.

Anything exciting gone down in these parts?
    SFxT - Ryu / Nina
    SFIV - Guile , Honda
    TTT2 - Nina / Ganryu
    Injustice - Green Arrow
    ·
    Spent most of the last day and a bit in bed 'cause sick.

Anything exciting gone down in these parts?
    If loss of internet for over a week due to a older sibling being childish. Then yes

·
    Switching out the beer keg with non-alcoholics? These kids are geniuses!
    ·
  • Crazy_mofo213Crazy_mofo213 It's my BnB, I never f*ck it up Joined: Posts: 1,972
    To you guys that recommended I play 999 before Zero Escape, thank you. I'm liking the game so far. I also think I'll have a better appreciation for Zero Escape due to all the improvements once I get around to playing it.
    UMVC3: (Felicia/Taskmaster/Rocket Raccoon) (Felicia/Taskmaster/Dr. Doom)
    BB: Tsubaki/Platinum
    3S/SSF4: Ibuki
    XBL: FrenchFry213
    ·
  • AdelheidAdelheid Perfectly Balanced Joined: Posts: 1,309
    I found an ammy combo that does 840k damage 1 meter POSITIVE
    EAD strider
    Do tell.
    Corpsecrank: If you had a box around your character that would mean you could get hit when the sprites didn't touch one another. Fighting games use collision detection based on the sprites. There is no such thing as a "hit box" in this type of game.
    ·
    The parents in this show are really, really lenient? Man, if all that stuff happened up in my house--I don't e'en know. I don't wanna think about it. Maybe it's just the times? Maybe it's because they're well to do, middle class, white people with a functional family? I don't know. Still a good show. It's like a better Boy Meets World. Why'd it get canceled?
    ·
  • DayUnDayUn Joined: Posts: 1,737 ✭✭
    I can't convince anyone to go to Between the Buried and Me and Coheed and Cambria. I hate going to concerts alone.
    My Toesies > Your Footses

XBL: DAYUN FURY
    ·
  • Swedish ChefSwedish Chef STEEL THY BUTT! Joined: Posts: 6,566 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I found an ammy Shuma combo (with Ammy used a tiny bit at the start) that does 840k damage 1 meter POSITIVE
    EAD strider I am free to Strider Anchor and Vajra.
    Fixed for more accuracy. Kappa.png Kappa.png Kappa.png
    TAKING YOU PUNKS DOWN!!!
    ^Bubbleberry_VII you are so godlike for making this.
    ·
  • MilesRieyMilesRiey Seize the coveted miracle in the game of death. Joined: Posts: 3,528
    Still need to find a use for this pic even if the last two characters are false

Who's the girl far to the right?
    Weeks ago... I was playing Marvel vs Capcom 3. I was just training, standing at the wooden platform, floating on the river of the Demon Village. I was at the end of this path the platform was going, after that it went further, and I came to a cemetery, and there was a lake. Very secluded, and there were tall trees all around. The music stopped playing. It was dead silent. Gorgeous... and across the lake I saw from far away... a beautiful blue woman, standing in front of the lake... but she was crying...
    My team can't be this crazy - drawn by OTTer Kassy Just... try to find me on PSN.
    ·
  • maziodynemaziodyne I'll crush you in one strike! Joined: Posts: 7,564
    twitch.tv/maziodyne Streaming Ni No Kuni. Barely started, get in hereeeeee
    Retired Mahvel scrub.
    ·
  • AceKillahAceKillah #AizenFreed Joined: Posts: 15,403 ✭✭✭✭
    Long live offline.
    My whole life they said I was a cheat code, 
    Cause yo chance of playing on my level <0
    ·
    This show is so good.
    ·
  • LouiscipherLouiscipher The man you love to hate Joined: Posts: 8,177 ✭✭✭✭✭
    STOMP!
    ·
  • The UltimatorThe Ultimator I fight for my friends. Joined: Posts: 1,977
    It's karma for running a vergil team. But lol Angela was watching us play and she was like...

"That dude is using such bad characters. Blue coat sucks."

and then we she saw a match against me and Mech she was like

"How the fuck are you killing satan (dormammu) as some middle aged white dude with an axe? "
    Lol, I was pretty much messing around with Vergil....I do like to play top tiers for fun occasionally, but the improperly spaced sword loops should tell you that I don't play that character much.

You kept killing the Raccoon early though, I never really got to show off my sweet unblockables with him. :(
    XBL: The Ultimator25
    Retired from UMvC3 – at least for now.
    SSBM & Project M – Mains: Ike, Marth
    Chrom or Lucina for Smash 4!
    ·
  • MilesRieyMilesRiey Seize the coveted miracle in the game of death. Joined: Posts: 3,528
    You kept killing the Raccoon early though, I never really got to show off my sweet unblockables with him. :(

Boulder loop + low hitting moves or assist calls or teleport behind the enemy?

There are many variations to this 8-).
    Weeks ago... I was playing Marvel vs Capcom 3. I was just training, standing at the wooden platform, floating on the river of the Demon Village. I was at the end of this path the platform was going, after that it went further, and I came to a cemetery, and there was a lake. Very secluded, and there were tall trees all around. The music stopped playing. It was dead silent. Gorgeous... and across the lake I saw from far away... a beautiful blue woman, standing in front of the lake... but she was crying...
    My team can't be this crazy - drawn by OTTer Kassy Just... try to find me on PSN.
    ·
    Boulder loop + low hitting moves or assist calls or teleport behind the enemy?

There are many variations to this 8-).
    Lots of cool things I can do....for instance, call Ammy and do cr.H so they can't come in with buttons without getting hit and eating a combo, and then cancel cr.H into Spring Trap, and then I can do pretty much whatever I want. Teleport, go or an instant overhead, or setup a boulder trap and then go for lows. His damage isn't that great though....
    ·
    Lots of cool things I can do....for instance, call Ammy and do cr.H so they can't come in with buttons without getting hit and eating a combo, and then cancel cr.H into Spring Trap, and then I can do pretty much whatever I want. Teleport, go or an instant overhead, or setup a boulder trap and then go for lows. His damage isn't that great though....

At least it's better than Strider's damage... with boulder loop his combo damage is at least good.

It's kinda bad that Ammy's assist scales combos so badly, but it's such a good lock down assist anyway. Also, does Zero have any good assists? Because I have never seen anyone using his assists (he's pretty much a point character anyway).
    ·
  • DevilJin 01DevilJin 01 Quantum Theorist. Liquid Dubstep Energy Joined: Posts: 33,361 ✭✭✭✭✭
    At least it's better than Strider's damage... with boulder loop his combo damage is at least good.

It's kinda bad that Ammy's assist scales combos so badly, but it's such a good lock down assist anyway. Also, does Zero have any good assists? Because I have never seen anyone using his assists (he's pretty much a point character anyway).

Ryuenjin is pretty good. It starts up faster than the fastest widely used assists (tatsu/shopping cart/jam session) so it's really good for start of round option selects. Not bad for extending combos and can do stuff like give Vergil full combos off helm breaker to high time.
    Ready for first KI at Evo 2k14 SRK'S DAY ONE XBOX ONE/KILLER INSTINCT OWNERS: DevilJin01(GLACIUS, FULGORE, SADIRA maybe Orchid), Purbeast, Koop, Rcaido, FlyingVe, Eiroheart, Onyx, Mayonaka, Lulipe, iluspook, Ultimaotaku, Rekano, Churrasco, DIEK STIEKEM ------- XBL: TheoryJin PSN: PervyJin01
    ·
  • NonSexualRiceNonSexualRice Hey Fatty Boom Boom, Hit Me with the Ching Ching Joined: Posts: 3,503 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ryujin is REALLY good.

Cloud805er plays Dante/Vergil/Zero and does really stupid as shit stuff with it (his main go to 33/66 utilizing Ryujin and a crossup then back hitbox of helm breaker-->Hammer). It's disgusting. Along with Vergil shenanigans and other dante shenanigans.

That reminds me, Anchor Zero is still REALLY good, he's just not as broke-as-heck as point Zero.

Whenever he got his shadow clone the mixups got more intense.
    BB: valkenhayn/Carl
    SG: Fortune/Eliza (hype train)/Valentine
    ·
  • FrostyAUFrostyAU Lynx in your sinks Joined: Posts: 4,920 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I can't convince anyone to go to Between the Buried and Me and Coheed and Cambria. I hate going to concerts alone.

Damn, sounds like a gig I'd like to attend if I could, I like both of those bands.
    SFxT - Ryu / Nina
    SFIV - Guile , Honda
    TTT2 - Nina / Ganryu
    Injustice - Green Arrow
    ·
  • maziodynemaziodyne I'll crush you in one strike! Joined: Posts: 7,564
    Finished streaming. Thanks for coming out guys. I'll stream Ni No Kuni again when I have time.
    Retired Mahvel scrub.
    ·
  • Swedish ChefSwedish Chef STEEL THY BUTT! Joined: Posts: 6,566 ✭✭✭✭✭

Zero's assists are pretty meh, he does have one of the best DHC's in the game though with his doppelgänger super (which also makes his assists actually pretty decent). It's not like you're really going to put him anywhere but point anyway (same as Viper or Firebrand) so in the end it doesn't matter that much.
    TAKING YOU PUNKS DOWN!!!
    ^Bubbleberry_VII you are so godlike for making this.
    ·
  • ThatJollyOlBastidThatJollyOlBastid Non-stop Climax! Joined: Posts: 19,544 ✭✭✭✭✭
    tumblr_lw0x069IFd1qmarqi.gif
    Ugh. Waking up with my body in incredible pain, and my right hand is really bruised for some reason.

Had fun watching VJ last night, stream more @scrubsim
    "Seth is like McDonald's. You can learn to make the same burger in 2 days as the person who's worked there for 5 years" ~ Dogura
    ·
  • ThatJollyOlBastidThatJollyOlBastid Non-stop Climax! Joined: Posts: 19,544 ✭✭✭✭✭
    "Seth is like McDonald's. You can learn to make the same burger in 2 days as the person who's worked there for 5 years" ~ Dogura
    ·
  • ThirteenthorderThirteenthorder Gloria? Never heard of the girl. #kappa Joined: Posts: 1,349
    Why doesn't Arthur have a Prin Prin alt in UMVC3.
    ·
  • Kaiten92Kaiten92 Well-Known Pervert Joined: Posts: 12,383
    I'll have to record a match or two between me and stach in KoF so you guys can atleast see it.
    DOA's Hitomi. I plan on figuring her out as well (she looks like a regular chick but hits like a truck....think SF's Makoto but more girly) I just like Ayane more
    "Persona 4 Golden has taught me that I need to focus on maxing my S.Link's IRL.
    Too bad I spent like 80+ hours on a Single player game w/ non-existent people and fictional love interests.
    Kind of counterproductive isn't it?

·
  • eivellordsm2eivellordsm2 Macho Barbarian dongzilla Joined: Posts: 1,334
    Why doesn't Arthur have a Prin Prin alt in UMVC3.
    no one would pick it why trade a old ginger man for a princess...
    look at the beauty
    Spoiler:
    ·
    I really want Perceval from GnG Gold Knights to be in this game

GoldKnightsLancelot.png

Super fast Rushdown Character who doesn't use Magic.
    Those Vergilish normals, Wolvie's dash, and that Rocket Raccoon hurtbox.
    Give him like 800k and I'll have goddamn field day.
    ·
  • Kaiten92Kaiten92 Well-Known Pervert Joined: Posts: 12,383
    I'll have to record a match or two between me and stach in KoF so you guys can atleast see it.
    DOA's Hitomi. I plan on figuring her out as well (she looks like a regular chick but hits like a truck....think SF's Makoto but more girly) I just like Ayane more
    "Persona 4 Golden has taught me that I need to focus on maxing my S.Link's IRL.
    Too bad I spent like 80+ hours on a Single player game w/ non-existent people and fictional love interests.
    Kind of counterproductive isn't it?

·
  • AntstyleAntstyle Joined: Posts: 3,950
    GGs Gomu :D

That was a really fun set. Shame to cut it short, but got some stuff I need to get done.
    ·
    OHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH SHITTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTT.

Luminous Body into Ultimate Web Throw.
    Another Unblockable for Firebrand. Vergils and Dantes beware.
    GGs Gomu :D

That was a really fun set. Shame to cut it short, but got some stuff I need to get done.

aka visiting me for Dinner.
    ·
  • eivellordsm2eivellordsm2 Macho Barbarian dongzilla Joined: Posts: 1,334
    aka visiting me for Dinner.
    you wish...
    getting his candle lite dinner for 13/ his bayonetta love pillow/ mirror ...
    ·
  • AlzarathAlzarath Remember, salt is part of a balanced diet. Joined: Posts: 3,522 ✭✭✭
    Spoiler:
    "For the amount of new players who play FGs, you won’t see nearly enough new talent in top 8s. This is because too many people are bitches." - Aris

PSN: not_alzarath (East Coast) | @AlzarathEX
    ·

The uppercut assist is mediocre, but becomes decent when you power it up with the clone hyper. Double Fireball is better for most characters though since it helps them to approach.

All of his assists are mostly ass but become good when you use Sougemnu. The uppercut is definitely the best non-powered up, but when powered up, it's a toss up between Fireball and Uppercut, you just gotta use what's best for your team.
    ·
    Does anybody wanna play SFXT
    It'll be fun
    I promise
    ·
This discussion has been closed.