Anime & Manga Thread v.5 FAQ/IRC: See OP. Welcome to 2017.

Comments

• ChiroChiro Not actually pronounced cheero Joined: Posts: 1,956
    regarding Tanya's lolification im really not sure what the point it. 99% of the time it would be used as fanservice but thats clearly not the case. you would thing Being X did it to fuck with her, but it barely seems to have impact on anything and nobody cares fuck they barely mention it its very strange. i heard its originally from a light novel so maybe it had more significance in that.

aside from odd aspect its a good show, but i kind of agree with what i heard on another forum "i cant believe im watching an anime solely for the expressions" in other words when you see her smile you know bad things are about to happen, there's kind of piss all any opponent can do about it, and its great. i watch the ending every time because it just flashes that across screen with these crazily drawn eyes.

• BBQBBQ ピンクゾーン Joined: Posts: 3,662
    edited March 15
    BBQ wrote: »
    Subtitles for life, unless its that stupid anime that all the characters were talking like auction announcers...still don't get why talking a million words per second is appealing unless that's the trend or something silly. Fuck that anime

What is the name of that anime?

I forgot, I can describe it as being like drrrr!, a chick with GMO enhanced cow udders that plays with a stupid toy ray gun, the main character that has some disability that when excited, talks like he's rapping like Twista and when other characters are near him talk just as manic. Its suppose to be some mystery super natural thriller, but I got like 7 episodes in before I couldn't take the retarded dialogue anymore.
  • Spirit JuiceSpirit Juice 「HATES EVERYTHING」 Joined: Posts: 14,881 ✭✭✭✭✭ OG
    Occultic;Nine. Everyone I talked to hated it.
  • BBQBBQ ピンクゾーン Joined: Posts: 3,662
    Yep, that's it. Almost had a brain aneurysm watching that bullshit.
  • angelpalmangelpalm Oink oink Joined: Posts: 23,311 ✭✭✭✭✭ OG
    I watched all of occult 9 and by watched, I mean I barely paid attention too anything that wasn't tiddy, show was pretty shit. All of those shows from that writer are beyond trash and have the worst fanbases.
  • GasarakiGasaraki Joined: Posts: 8,634 ✭✭✭✭✭ OG
    Is the original mobile suit gundam worth checking out? I'm hella bored

IMO it's still one of the best Gundam series of all, but you have to get past the very old and inconsistent animation and some aspects of it existed purely to appease business people do they could even get a serious mecha themed show to be approved for production in the first place. And those aspects are really obvious and somewhat of an eyesore, though some people learn to love it anyway

Story, plot, and characters are great all around
  • MechWarriorMechWarrior Joined: Posts: 5,718
    The OG Gundam series is also good because Q U A L I T Y
    W2kv6rj.png
    XBL: MechWarriorNY
  • Ken34Ken34 a.k.a Mashima Taichi Joined: Posts: 6,984 ✭✭✭✭✭ OG
    edited March 15
    Sega, Dengeki Bunko Develop A Certain Magical Virtual-On Collaboration Game For PS4, PS Vita

A Certain Magical Index Editor: Please Wait a Little Longer for Season 3
    At the end of the "New Work Announcement" panel at the "Dengeki Game Festival 2017 & Dengeki Bunko Spring Festival 2017 & Dengeki Comic Festival 2017" event on Sunday, light novel editor and anime producer Kazuma Miki asked fans to "please wait a little longer for season 3!" Miki did not specify which franchise his statement was referencing, but he said it after announcing the Toaru Majutsu no Virtual-On fighting game.
    "True Strength is something Money and Credit cards cannot buy"
  • crotchpunchacrotchpuncha Joined: Posts: 21,058
    edited March 15
    That is one of the strangest most unexpected cross overs I've ever seen...So random.
    It's not the end of the world, but you can see it from here.
  • Nobus3r1Nobus3r1 #RiseUp? Joined: Posts: 5,098
    Chiro wrote: »
    regarding Tanya's lolification im really not sure what the point it. 99% of the time it would be used as fanservice but thats clearly not the case. you would thing Being X did it to fuck with her, but it barely seems to have impact on anything and nobody cares fuck they barely mention it its very strange. i heard its originally from a light novel so maybe it had more significance in that.

aside from odd aspect its a good show, but i kind of agree with what i heard on another forum "i cant believe im watching an anime solely for the expressions" in other words when you see her smile you know bad things are about to happen, there's kind of piss all any opponent can do about it, and its great. i watch the ending every time because it just flashes that across screen with these crazily drawn eyes.

Like the show. Love the ending. There are some stills in there that with a little Photoshop wizardry would make excellent arcade stick art (mostly moving the face off center so that it doesn't get completely obscured by buttons).

House of Bane
    ID: 8V596
  • HawkingbirdHawkingbird I am thou...thou art I Joined: Posts: 25,624
    I recommend watching the recap movies for the original Gundam. The show dragged it's feet a lot of the time and it can get boring quick.
    PSN: Hawkingbird
    FC: 0834-1564-0151
    http://steamcommunity.com/id/runawayavenger
  • XthAtGAm3RGuYXXthAtGAm3RGuYX SRK's ResidentSleeper Joined: Posts: 11,739
    Caught up on Tanya the Evil and
    while I still think her being a 10 year old fighting a world war in a parallel universe and ascending as high as a fucking MAJOR is pretty stupid I guess it's slightly more justified in that it's a reincarnation with knowledge of a previous life. Though I kinda hope the whole story ends with all of it being some kind of hallucination crafted by Being X to make that dude believe in God just before the train hits him as some kind of really fucked up joke

Started Maid Dragon as well. This show is comfy as fuck. I can just watch it and not pay attention.
    Unchallenged owner of worst user name on SRK

AE: Juri(Main), Ken(work in progress)::::UMvC3: Felicia/Dante/Doom::::SkullGirls: Squigly/Fortune
    Not enough Dragonballs between all three of the shows to keep you unbanned - Pertho
    edited March 16
    Any Virtual-On is good Virtual-On

Except Marz
  • HawkingbirdHawkingbird I am thou...thou art I Joined: Posts: 25,624
    Fafnir should appear in the show more often. He's the funniest character on the show and gets the least screen time of all the dragons. The play is too good.
    PSN: Hawkingbird
    FC: 0834-1564-0151
    http://steamcommunity.com/id/runawayavenger
    oh shit, didnt realize Saenai Heroine no Sodatekata 2nd season was airing in spring, looking back at this list for the spring anime, this is shaping up to be the best season we have had in quite some time.
  • CronopioCronopio ST Joined: Posts: 2,100
    Man, I am a hero must have the worst ending ever in a manga. Well, not sure if it even deserves to be called bad because the author didn't even try to do one, it's nonexistent. If you wanted to start this manga or are still early on it, stop. Don't do like me, that kept reading despite all signs pointing to a terrible ending.

Fortunately there's Golden Kamui to wash away that sour taste. Best manga being currently serialized. It has everything: action, drama, comedy, lots of badass characters and enemies that range from batshit crazy military officers to batshit crazy gay embalmers. Must read.
  • Kinniku BusterKinniku Buster KIMO! KIMO! KIMO! Joined: Posts: 8,910
    Kanna wanting Santa to come to the apartment is the best.
    Peace to the Mountain
    Amiibo Aficionado

Negro Install

The sky's fallin', baby, drop that ass 'fore it crash.

Currently Playing - Splatoon 2 (Switch), Uncharted: The Nathan Drake Collection (PS4)
    Currently Reading - Rick and Morty (Onipress), Usagi Yojimbo (Dark Horse)
    Currently Watching (Animated) - Star vs. The Forces of Evil, We Bare Bears
    Currently Watching (Live Action) - GLOW

• krokro Joined: Posts: 693
  • p.m novaroad pilotp.m novaroad pilot Joined: Posts: 2,554
    Gasaraki wrote: »
    Any Virtual-On is good Virtual-On

Except Marz

you only hate marz cause white knight temjin is fucking broken

but yeah I like the originals a bit more especially the arcade setups were the shit
  • MochaLatteMochaLatte Joined: Posts: 1,023
    Just read Baki the Grappler for the first time. Has to be the most homo-erotic shit i've ever seen in my life.
  • Tekno VirusTekno Virus small man big strength Joined: Posts: 8,598
    waht part of Baki is homo-erotic?
    The Gates of Creation are manifold. I vow to enter them all.
    Dellusions are inexhaustible.
    I vow to end them all.
    Sentient beings are numberless.
    I vow to save them all.

The Kree Way is SUPREME.
  • Master_ChibiMaster_Chibi .: Dynamites! :. Joined: Posts: 15,055 mod
    @Gasaraki !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

http://eurekaseven.jp/

THREE MOVIES IN WHAT APPEARS TO BE THE NON AO UNIVERSE

*foams at the mouth before falling to the floor*
    ~*Hai! Back to Japan!
    I BEAT YOU TO IT KEKEKEKEKEKEKE
    ~*Hai! Back to Japan!
  • Rioting SoulRioting Soul Joined: Posts: 4,856 ✭✭✭✭✭ OG
    Ken34 wrote: »
    snip

Miki has been on some Gabe Newell shit for years. On the 10th anniversary of Index in 2014 he had an event where the voice actors of Index showed up. The singer for all of the Index OPs showed up and sang all of them in order... then Miki reveals Heavy Object, a LN series from the same author, is getting an anime. Miki has been apologizing and telling us "please be patient" on Twitter ever since. I hope "a little longer" means Anime Japan and not Dengeki Fall Festival.
    That is one of the strangest most unexpected cross overs I've ever seen...So random.

Agreed. I would have preferred a Musou game set in Academy City.
    Kurokun wrote: »

OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOH SHIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIT!!!!!

GG FUCKAS!!!

2017 is the greatest year of anime because of this, yessssss!!!
    edited March 17

god dam i cant stop watching the trailer!! WOOT! FUCK YES!!!
    An official website has opened and announced that the Eureka Seven franchise will receive a movie trilogy. Titled Koukyoushihen Eureka Seven Hi-Evolution, the movies are scheduled to premiere in 2017, 2018, and 2019, respectively. The movies will tell the story of the phenomenon known as "The First Summer of Love" that took place ten years before the first Eureka Seven anime, but was never depicted in full. The movies will then follow the main storyline of the first TV anime and contain new dialogues and scenes, revised footage, as well as a new ending not present in the original series.

1489727456-ed7d8676a3de0748b507b6a30790e05c.jpeg
    Can I tell you how they have my by the balls purely with the bust shot of these three? I can't even imagine what's going but I know SOMETHING is going on considering Eureka's look of distress, Anemone ACTUALLY SMILING, and Renton look absolutely furious.

I wonder if Dominic will be there? None of the rest of the cast seems there either.
    ~*Hai! Back to Japan!
    edited March 17
    Can I tell you how they have my by the balls purely with the bust shot of these three? I can't even imagine what's going but I know SOMETHING is going on considering Eureka's look of distress, Anemone ACTUALLY SMILING, and Renton look absolutely furious.

I wonder if Dominic will be there? None of the rest of the cast seems there either.

im assuming the first movie will cover the first summer of love that happened with renton's dad, cause im pretty sure i saw him in the trailer, then i assume movie 2 and 3 will cover the tv series with new content and a new ending.
  • JGreenJGreen Joined: Posts: 1,654
    Please don't be another E7 AO..... I don't want to get my hopes up too much.
    edited March 17

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRpkZA-Vn5hVytMeWtbtfRUPovGhHGmuYcbYyXDS4PKkUjyIb-B
    images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQuWOmTIH1KCyr5TBIIGFYzlrR45MvkRUFJtZb-KDQ1VQqXtm4G
  • angelpalmangelpalm Oink oink Joined: Posts: 23,311 ✭✭✭✭✭ OG

The part were mochalatte beats off to all the muscles :coffee:
    angelpalm wrote: »

The part were mochalatte beats off to all the muscles :coffee:

Microaggression
    Someone's triggered
    It's funny. A lot of guys in team sports are homo erotic
    willie.0.0.jpg
    I vow to end them all.
    I vow to save them all.

The Kree Way is SUPREME.
  • PterodactylPterodactyl The time has come and so have I Joined: Posts: 7,188
    giphy.gif
    spread'em
    f518f45f5962.gif
    dbec1e88c87121b7823b0fd09fcc8034.gif

@MochaLatte Mai Husbando
    I vow to end them all.
    I vow to save them all.

The Kree Way is SUPREME.
    Ah FUCK YEAH.

I can't wait to see it already. I hope the ending is somehow even better. I can't help but have a tiny bit of reservations about changing story elements, but hopefully it ends up well

Definitely hyped about the animation and music though
  • GravityGravity Joined: Posts: 2,361
    edited March 18
    ]img000014.jpg

img000017.jpg

These pages are scarily accurate. I could legitimately see him saying this.
  • rehreh (ノ◕ヮ◕)ノ*:・゚✧ (=‿‿= ✿) Joined: Posts: 1,292
    edited March 18
    Can we go back to why Maid Dragon is the best show? Thanks.

[img]http://i.im**gur.com/dpDGqtH.gif[/img]
    Even if you were too late for the doggo-ken-reaction-gif, you're the #1 Quetzalcoatl-tiddy-gif-poster.
    I appreciate that.
    M A S T E R C L A S S. (still useless meat)
    ༼╬ ͡°益°༽╯彡 Dorya!