Anime & Manga Thread v.5 FAQ/IRC: See OP. Welcome to 2017.

Comments

• rehreh (ノ◕ヮ◕)ノ*:・゚✧ (=‿‿= ✿) Joined: Posts: 1,293
    edited February 2016
    PqTwvxu.jpg
    I don't think there was a character in a sports anime I liked as much as him.
    He's simply the best. His laugh is the best.
    But is he a black marlin or a white marlin? Is Kuramochi actually a cheetah or a weasel?
    ༼╬ ͡°益°༽╯彡 Dorya!
  • Rick RossRick Ross Niggaposi☆Continues Joined: Posts: 5,641
    Looked through Aho Girl, a manga about a girl who is stupid.

Real dumb.

Second main character plays the straight man to the cast of weirdos, and is kind of an asshole.

img000005.png

img000006.png
    img000008.png

img000001.png
    aho-girl-4649361.jpg

f9GYUl6.jpg

ec1bf4b8a82aab187ed305e83e70ead3af71c4d3_hq.jpg
    "I don't think women in video games and anime are hyper sexualized. I think they're Mexican women who occasionally speak Japanese." - Tekno Virus, sharing his words of ethnic wisdom.
  • BubbledotjpgBubbledotjpg Joined: Posts: 255
    I should really watch Yuru Yuri already.
  • Jack_FrostJack_Frost M.C Joined: Posts: 6,677
    im cracking up so hard scrolling through this page
    There aren't 50 hours in a 5 day span...
    CRYING
  • PterodactylPterodactyl The time has come and so have I Joined: Posts: 7,206
    Personally I'm all for this new titty-kitty fad.

Heart boob window still best boob window though.
    spread'em

It's ironic really. Sakurako got the most onscreen nudity in the YuruYuri movie.

I think they did that, just to spite their fans who like superior waifus. If I'm not mistaken, she's one of the least popular characters in the entire series.
    "I don't think women in video games and anime are hyper sexualized. I think they're Mexican women who occasionally speak Japanese." - Tekno Virus, sharing his words of ethnic wisdom.
  • Spirit JuiceSpirit Juice 「HATES EVERYTHING」 Joined: Posts: 15,020 ✭✭✭✭✭ OG
    That Potemkin pic is garbage. His proportions actually make sense in that pic and is not to his character at all.
    Sakurako looks cute though! Although I guess most of the girls do on the show.
  • EasilynEasilyn Inactive. Joined: Posts: 1,405
    edited February 2016
    I wish potemnkin had that outfit but remove the bra and the draws. Then could just give him something like elena.
    That battle tarp whatever but have potemnkin's boss ass neck ring plus the battle tarp, oh come on bruh that default outfit...
    man why, although he's fun. Whoops and the ears too that animal ear shit eh. Although ramlethal's just a hat, it's pretty dice.
    that real ears, nah.
    Doa 5: Random Select.
    Ultra: Makoto/dudley/hugo/Oni/Cody/Guy/Honda/Poison.
    Mvc2: Random Select.
    Sf5: All the odd ones, no main
  • <Insert Name Here><Insert Name Here> No wonder with people like me SRK Marvel is dead Joined: Posts: 7,940
    Never I have I seen a thread that alternates so quickly between "best shit in the fucking world" to "please scour everything posted here from the Internet forever"
    Xrd: Axl || UMvC3: Magneto/Dante/Frank West
    Give me attention: @ LaziestNameEver
    PSN: Laziest_ID_Ever (I don't really play online)
    "3) LIMITLESS (myself) --Those of you who have played me, will agree with this.. By far the most aggressive safe/style Wolverine." - Limitless, 3rd best Wolvie player in the world
  • HecatomHecatom Aka Black Gorilla (・Д・)ノ Joined: Posts: 23,354

Hmmm, i recognize the style, it seems that he is the autor of the saber doujin used for the your waifu is shit meme.
    Question, does she end paired with the jerck or no at the end?
    ( •_•) IT'S NOT RAPE,
    ( •_•)>⌐■-■
    IT'S SURPRISE SEX! (⌐■_■)
    YEAAAAAAAAAAHHH!!
    "Orgasm is a simile for the emotional epiphany a woman has when the shame of penetration is eclipsed by the inherent virtue of servicing a man." ~ Kromo.
    ( •_•)
    ( ಠ_ಠ)
    ( ಥ_ಥ)
  • KromoKromo Render unto Miku Joined: Posts: 6,245 ✭✭✭✭✭ OG
    Rick Ross wrote: »

It's ironic really. Sakurako got the most onscreen nudity in the YuruYuri movie.

I think they did that, just to spite their fans who like superior waifus. If I'm not mistaken, she's one of the least popular characters in the entire series.

Himawari x Sakurako though.
    Hecatom wrote: »
    Kromo wrote: »
    So this is the new fad in fan art
    It would be easier to tell what the fad is if you provided more than one example.

You are right, my bad
    See, if you had posted that originally, I'd be like, "hey, they are putting that kitty underwear on everybody! What an amusing meme. Ah ha ha ha ha ha"
    That Potemkin pic is garbage. His proportions actually make sense in that pic and is not to his character at all.

Also, you should be able to see the bulge of his massive, steel cock ring through the thin fabric of his panties.
    Mad props to Zombie Lolerskates for the Av
    Voted poster of the year 4 years in a row! 2012 - 2015!
    All proceeds will go the Hydro Acoustic Reverberance Mechanism (H.A.R.M Project)
    Glory unto the Machine Goddess!
    I have to say that i am surprised that Natsuyasumi has not made it to the memetic levels of Boku no Pico.
    ( •_•) IT'S NOT RAPE,
    ( •_•)>⌐■-■
    YEAAAAAAAAAAHHH!!
    "Orgasm is a simile for the emotional epiphany a woman has when the shame of penetration is eclipsed by the inherent virtue of servicing a man." ~ Kromo.
    ( •_•)
    ( ಠ_ಠ)
    ( ಥ_ಥ)
    Why is OP making the implication that Blue Exorcist is not a kids show?

I watched the first few episodes when it came out 5 years ago, and dropped that shit because it was not hard as fuck or moe as fuck.

Fuck shounenfags and their shitty anime. Niggas outchea want card-game animes for Toonami, smfh.
    If it ain't moe I ain't watching it.
    I am at a point where i think that if an anime is an adaptation of a LN i am not watching it.
    Many of those series end without a 2nd season and not every LN has people translating them, not to mention that for some reason, even when i love the anime i end with a feeling of disdain towards the ln because i fucking want to watch it as an anime and not reading it as a ln.

( •_•) IT'S NOT RAPE,
    ( •_•)>⌐■-■
    YEAAAAAAAAAAHHH!!
    ( •_•)
    ( ಠ_ಠ)
    ( ಥ_ಥ)
  • Spirit JuiceSpirit Juice 「HATES EVERYTHING」 Joined: Posts: 15,020 ✭✭✭✭✭ OG
    Shounen is pretty much meant for children, although I guess it depends if you still consider young teens or tweens as children, which most of us do.
    I am at a point where i think that if an anime is an adaptation of a LN i am not watching it.
    Many of those series end without a 2nd season and not every LN has people translating them, not to mention that for some reason, even when i love the anime i end with a feeling of disdain towards the ln because i fucking want to watch it as an anime and not reading it as a ln.

It's never fun watching an anime and feeling like you just watched an extended commercial. Especially ones that go the "Fuck you read the manga/light novel.". The most recent one I can remember like that was Deadmans Wonderland. I was so pissed on that final episode.
  • PterodactylPterodactyl The time has come and so have I Joined: Posts: 7,206

Hmmm, i recognize the style, it seems that he is the autor of the saber doujin used for the your waifu is shit meme.
    Question, does she end paired with the jerck or no at the end?

He's also behind this gem:

1232730310323.jpg

And it's still ongoing but it's pretty obvious he's stuck with her.

spread'em
    Trying to locate a specific mecha anime, need some help.

The only leads I got are:
    -Released in late 90's, possibly 2000
    -Mechs are exo suits
    -Violent as fuck
    -Main girl had short hair
    -ED has the main girl naked in fetal position

Saw this a long ass time ago at a friends house in 2001. Forgot to ask what the title was.
  • Ken34Ken34 a.k.a Mashima Taichi Joined: Posts: 7,081 ✭✭✭✭✭ OG
    edited February 2016
    Trying to locate a specific mecha anime, need some help.

The only leads I got are:
    -Released in late 90's, possibly 2000
    -Mechs are exo suits
    -Violent as fuck
    -Main girl had short hair
    -ED has the main girl naked in fetal position

Saw this a long ass time ago at a friends house in 2001. Forgot to ask what the title was.

blue gender?
    Aired: Oct 8, 1999 to Mar 31, 2000

2023.jpg

"True Strength is something Money and Credit cards cannot buy"
    Nope.

The mechs used in BG weren't small form exo-suits that were scaled to human size.

I hVe been searching the Internet up and down, but I cannog seem to find it anywheew.
  • Ken34Ken34 a.k.a Mashima Taichi Joined: Posts: 7,081 ✭✭✭✭✭ OG
    Nope.

The mechs used in BG weren't small form exo-suits that were scaled to human size.

I hVe been searching the Internet up and down, but I cannog seem to find it anywheew.

are you saying the humans were wearing exo suits or that the mechs were the same size as humans??

your descriptions are ass nigga, explain more son.
    "True Strength is something Money and Credit cards cannot buy"
  • MechWarriorMechWarrior Joined: Posts: 5,718
    Appleseed and Armored Trooper Votoms come to mind.
    XBL: MechWarriorNY
    Ken34 wrote: »
    Nope.

are you saying the humans were wearing exo suits or that the mechs were the same size as humans??

your descriptions are ass nigga, explain more son.

They're not the same size as humans. They were kind of like the mechs in Mechwarrior (not McWarrior), but relatively larger.

All I remember about the anime is that there were blood sprays in combat, which extremely uncommon for most mech animes. I'm going to do a more comprehensive search when I'm at home, on my computer.
    I'd say ever harem ever made
    Smfh @ this coonery.

The biggest detail I remember about the anime is that it took place in strange quasi historical setting. I know it involved fights in the forest with these mechs. But honestly, this is the only thing I can think of or come up with at the moment.

I'm searching Anime Planet because of you niggas been unhelpful sacks of dicc snot.
  • TenshoTensho Joined: Posts: 2,866
    Escaflowne?
    Burger King here talking about Super Laser
    ( •_•) IT'S NOT RAPE,
    ( •_•)>⌐■-■
    YEAAAAAAAAAAHHH!!
    ( •_•)
    ( ಠ_ಠ)
    ( ಥ_ಥ)
  • Shinkuu TatsumakiShinkuu Tatsumaki Joined: Posts: 6,898
    edited February 2016
    Ok I found it, it's called Haibane Renmai, but it was the OP, not the ED.

Main girl, short hair, naked in fetal position. Doesn't get more accurate than this.

It wasn't about mechas or violence... it was about angel girls and stuff.
    Post edited by Shinkuu Tatsumaki on
    Tensho wrote: »
    Escaflowne?

I'm a fucking idiot. It was that anime the entire time.

Have been rewatching for a while, and it's all coming back. I think the reason why I did not remember the name was due to the taking of marijuanas that night.
    Nigga, I was high that night. Do you really expect me to remember any details (or anything at all) on a day where smoked a blunt nearly 15 years ago?

Smfh, cut an old nigga some slack.
    I just found out that the voice actor of Hachiman (Oregairu) is the same one that does Takeo's voice (Ore Monogatari)
    ( •_•) IT'S NOT RAPE,
    ( •_•)>⌐■-■
    YEAAAAAAAAAAHHH!!
    ( •_•)
    ( ಠ_ಠ)
    ( ಥ_ಥ)