Anime & Manga Thread v.5 FAQ/IRC: See OP. Welcome to 2017.

Comments

• Spirit JuiceSpirit Juice 「HATES EVERYTHING」 Joined: Posts: 14,823 ✭✭✭✭✭ OG
    Personally, I can't wait for the inevitable gang bang doujin based on this dialogue alone.

PZYWjyO.png

cHcGvMG.png
    NckWjKw.jpg
  • Rioting SoulRioting Soul Joined: Posts: 4,829 ✭✭✭✭✭ OG
    Imagine the :>=8 with those lips.
    She definitely got some fine DSLs. Put them lips to work. I hope someone really puts emphasis on that. lol
  • RoGE9RoGE9 Joined: Posts: 1,688
    JEEZ Gundam IBO
    Oh man... How is Mika going to react to this? This series just loves bringing our hopes up and throwing them out the window lol
  • Nobus3r1 ver. 2.0Nobus3r1 ver. 2.0 #RiseUp? Joined: Posts: 5,041
    Ken34 wrote: »
    oh shit, didnt realize Saenai Heroine no Sodatekata 2nd season was airing in spring, looking back at this list for the spring anime, this is shaping up to be the best season we have had in quite some time.
    Indeed. This spring has ~4 season 2s that I'm interested in. My only concern now is that Chain Chronicle, a fantasy anime that's based on a mobile game (I think), is going to make Shingeki no Bahamut: VIRGIN SOUL, a fantasy anime that's based on a mobile game, look absolutely godlike in comparison.
    House of Bane
    ID: 8V596
  • XthAtGAm3RGuYXXthAtGAm3RGuYX SRK's ResidentSleeper Joined: Posts: 11,665
    edited March 19
    Finished the first season of SAO after watching a bunch of other shit. The second half of the season before and between the Alfheim stuff is kinda what I wanted them to cover during the initial arc, but it was done fucking terribly. The mild "almost incest" relationship with Sugu was unnecessary. And I also really don't know why they spent so much time building up Asuna as a strong character on par with Kirito, only to spend like 14 episodes making her a powerless potential rape victim.

I think I understand the bad rep this show gets now. It's not so much that it's a bad show. It's just that the writing is fucking horrible and makes no sense.

Though I will say the nervegear is a marvel of technology. Not because it gives you full body control in a game. But because that shit can run for over two years straight without being turned off or having hardware failure. That's a fucking plot device if I've ever seen one.

Edit: also the author completely forgot about the principle of Chekovs Gun. I thought the revival item given to Klein would come into play at a crucial point later in the show, but apparently they forgot it existed.
    Unchallenged owner of worst user name on SRK

AE: Juri(Main), Ken(work in progress)::::UMvC3: Felicia/Dante/Doom::::SkullGirls: Squigly/Fortune
    Not enough Dragonballs between all three of the shows to keep you unbanned - Pertho
  • XthAtGAm3RGuYXXthAtGAm3RGuYX SRK's ResidentSleeper Joined: Posts: 11,665
    edited March 19
    Finished the first season of SAO

Why did you do this to yourself?

Curious how it turns out.

Also i watched the most recent episode of Tanya
    I'm predicting that her entire Battalion is going to get slaughtered at some point in the show. Maybe not all at once but I'm pretty sure everyone is going to die. I feel like Being X is going to make that one dude extra broken just to try and get Tanya to believe in God. Pretty sure she's going to try and kill him with the gun he got from his daughter and it's going to jam or malfunction.

Idk I'm just getting Saving Private Ryan vibes where everything is just going too smoothly as far as war as concerned, but then in one instance everything is gonna hit the fan and go terribly wrong.
    Post edited by XthAtGAm3RGuYX on
    Unchallenged owner of worst user name on SRK

AE: Juri(Main), Ken(work in progress)::::UMvC3: Felicia/Dante/Doom::::SkullGirls: Squigly/Fortune
    Not enough Dragonballs between all three of the shows to keep you unbanned - Pertho
  • BBQBBQ ピンクゾーン Joined: Posts: 3,662
    Berserk had a recap episode. Yay
  • GravityGravity Joined: Posts: 2,352
    edited March 20
    RoGE9 wrote: »
    JEEZ Gundam IBO
    Oh man... How is Mika going to react to this? This series just loves bringing our hopes up and throwing them out the window lol

You knew something was gonna happen. Too many things were going thier way.
    I think most of the cast will be dead or maimed by the time the last episode finishes.
  • AlterGenesisAlterGenesis new srk is trollin Joined: Posts: 3,454
    Randomly picked up Konosuba, good choice for a blind pick.

The real question is:

WHERE IS THE BEST GIRL TIER LIST
    #ipressallthebuttons
    XBL: AlterGenesis
    PSN: AlterGenesisOP
  • angelpalmangelpalm Do not fist the android grills!! Joined: Posts: 23,047 ✭✭✭✭✭ OG
    Lucoa from Dragon Maid is automatically the best girl.

MrinlV8.gif
  • angelpalmangelpalm Do not fist the android grills!! Joined: Posts: 23,047 ✭✭✭✭✭ OG
    bestest and breastest
  • Tekno VirusTekno Virus small man big strength Joined: Posts: 8,585
    Darkness is best girl, but Megumin is the girl you wished you could get freaky with. Aqua is that homegirl you always messing with, and you always wonder if she'd be dtf
    The Gates of Creation are manifold. I vow to enter them all.
    Dellusions are inexhaustible.
    I vow to end them all.
    Sentient beings are numberless.
    I vow to save them all.

The Kree Way is SUPREME.
    But you still got Wiz and Guild lady for the breastest, tho.
    #ipressallthebuttons

WAGA NA WA MEGUMIN
    I vow to end them all.
    I vow to save them all.

The Kree Way is SUPREME.
  • KromoKromo Render unto Miku Joined: Posts: 6,245 ✭✭✭✭✭ OG
    Darkness is best girl, but Megumin is the girl you wished you could get freaky with. Aqua is that homegirl you always messing with, and you always wonder if she'd be dtf

Aqua has a stank puss.
    That's part of the charm though.
    Mad props to Zombie Lolerskates for the Av
    Voted poster of the year 4 years in a row! 2012 - 2015!
    All proceeds will go the Hydro Acoustic Reverberance Mechanism (H.A.R.M Project)
    Glory unto the Machine Goddess!
  • ChiroChiro Not actually pronounced cheero Joined: Posts: 1,900
    i had heard Hayate the Combat Butler had ended (not quite) so decided to check it out.

boy is it great to finally see the faces of the demons themselves, Hayate's parents. they're haven't missed a beat and are still pure scum and still trying to find ways to ruin his life. Gendou does not have shit on these people the only reason they likely didn't prostitute their son is because he had to work to feed them.
    Kromo wrote: »

Aqua has a stank puss.

No it's really fresh and she purifies Kazuma's sperm as he nuts inside of her. That's why she always has to air it out with her 1-inch skirt.
    I vow to end them all.
    I vow to save them all.

The Kree Way is SUPREME.
  • Shinkuu TatsumakiShinkuu Tatsumaki Joined: Posts: 6,689
    edited March 21
    Ugh, I need to drop fuuka for good.

Tama-chan >>>>> fuuka, but MC-kun sucks. I'm done.

Didn't a bunch of people warn you (or other people) NOT to watch Fuuka?
    I find it fascinating how people can torture themselves with these shows. Like after a few episodes I just forget they exist lol.
  • KromoKromo Render unto Miku Joined: Posts: 6,245 ✭✭✭✭✭ OG

Aqua has a stank puss.

No it's really fresh and she purifies Kazuma's sperm as he nuts inside of her. That's why she always has to air it out with her 1-inch skirt.

Fact: It is so rank it attracts the undead.
    Fact: Kazuma doesn't see her as a heroine.
    Fact: She immediately got the skill Nature's Beauty because she needed to use it as a douche.
    Fact: All of her followers are creepy perverts
    Fact: She ruined a local towns economy by letting her stank bits come into contact with the water supply.

Face it.
    It smells like a barn. The barn jesus was born in.
    Horses and holy spirit and afterbirth.
    Mad props to Zombie Lolerskates for the Av
    Voted poster of the year 4 years in a row! 2012 - 2015!
    All proceeds will go the Hydro Acoustic Reverberance Mechanism (H.A.R.M Project)
    Glory unto the Machine Goddess!
  • Ken34Ken34 a.k.a Mashima Taichi Joined: Posts: 6,968 ✭✭✭✭✭ OG
    "True Strength is something Money and Credit cards cannot buy"

Aqua has a stank puss.

Fact: It is so rank it attracts the undead.
    Fact: Kazuma doesn't see her as a heroine.
    Fact: She immediately got the skill Nature's Beauty because she needed to use it as a douche.
    Fact: All of her followers are creepy perverts
    Fact: She ruined a local towns economy by letting her stank bits come into contact with the water supply.

Face it.
    It smells like a barn. The barn jesus was born in.
    Horses and holy spirit and afterbirth.

PgoA4ta.gif?noredirect
    I vow to end them all.
    I vow to save them all.

The Kree Way is SUPREME.
    edited March 22
    Kachou Fuugetsu!

That Series Completed Tier list tho:
    SS - Wiz
    S - Megumin, Eris
    A - Darkness, Luna
    B - Aqua, Chris, Sena
    D - Yunyun

Darkness would be S-Tier if not for bashing us over the head with the masochism.

What can I say, I'm biased to mages.

They run shit in RPGs, okay...EXPLOSIONNNNN
    Post edited by AlterGenesis on
    #ipressallthebuttons
    So I just got done watching the CG movie for Captain Harlock and honestly it's pretty shit.

Is the original anime any better?
  • crotchpunchacrotchpuncha Joined: Posts: 20,797
    Yes, but it's also pretty old.
    It's not the end of the world, but you can see it from here.
    edited March 22
    Yes, but it's also pretty old.

I can at least try it. maybe more episodes can actually do Harlock justice because he's barely in this.
    dammit, i should have listened to you guys, fuuka anime is trash, like wow, seo writing style never changes, it was cool the first time in suzuka, tolerable the next in kimi no iru machi....but fuuka.....i think he needs to quit while he is ahead....this shit right here....is embarrassing....
    >cool
    >suzuka

pick one
    >cool
    >suzuka

pick one

leave my nostalgia alone, you dont see me bashing ur SAO....
  • Kinniku BusterKinniku Buster KIMO! KIMO! KIMO! Joined: Posts: 8,783
    Shouta will learn to appreciate what he has in time.
    Peace to the Mountain
    Amiibo Aficionado

Negro Install

The sky's fallin', baby, drop that ass 'fore it crash.

Currently Playing - Mario Kart 8 Deluxe (Switch), Splatoon 2 (Switch)
    Currently Reading - Rick and Morty (Onipress)
    Currently Watching (Animated) - Star vs. The Forces of Evil, We Bare Bears
    Currently Watching (Live Action) - GLOW

• spudlyff8fanspudlyff8fan is love. Joined: Posts: 7,082
    Lucoa and Elma are a fucking BRUTAL drag on Kobayashi. Holy shit, I want them to just go away.

Literally the only feature of their presence is "lolboobs" and "lolfood". Everybody else is actually nuanced and interesting but those two just get crammed in to keep things from being interesting.

Also, regarding the latest episode...
    Was anybody else hoping Kobayashi's mom was gonna be like "your father's sick, come home" or something that would move the plot forward?
    edited March 23
    Will Maid Dragon ever NOT be the best show?
    Nope.

fG78Cc9.png
    why did you even spoiler that? who the hell is watching this show thinking about the nonexistent plot.

Elma hasn't really done anything funny since she got blasted out the apartment, but Lucoa is fine.
    Spoiler is for contextual humor.
  • HawkingbirdHawkingbird I am thou...thou art I Joined: Posts: 25,366
    Chiro wrote: »

Elma hasn't really done anything funny since she got blasted out the apartment, but Lucoa is fine.

I liked the gag about her indecisiveness in the sports festival episode.
    PSN: Hawkingbird
    FC: 0834-1564-0151
    http://steamcommunity.com/id/runawayavenger
    SFV Lounge discord: https://discord.gg/Tp23Ccr
    Spoiler is for contextual humor.

I was talking to the guy above you
  • Master_ChibiMaster_Chibi .: Dynamites! :. Joined: Posts: 15,051 mod

Never, ever, EVER watch or read whatever that moron creates. I watched the last two series he created and they're shit. Absolute shit. He has never gotten better, is very much made fun of in his own industry, and you will absoluetly never feel happy or accomplished for having read any of it. Don't watch it, don't read it, don't read about watching it or watch someone else talking about it, nothing.

GUYS GUYS GUYS

Should I WATCH Gintama or READ Gintama?
    ~*Hai! Back to Japan!
    Manga 'Ichigo 100%' Receives Sequel Series

1490258743-92814f833106689e89b18550d9f83980.jpeg
    The 17th issue of this year's Weekly Shounen Jump is announcing on Monday that Mizuki Kawashita's Ichigo 100% (Strawberry 100%) manga will receive a sequel. Titled Ichigo 100% East Side Story, the series will begin its serialization in Shounen Jump GIGA on April 28.

Ichigo 100% was published for 19 volumes between February 2009 and August 2005. The series was published in English as Strawberry 100% by VIZ Media under the Shonen Jump Advanced imprint from July 2007 to October 2010; and was dropped after volume 14. The manga was adapted into a TV anime in Spring 2005, a special, and a four-episode OVA by studio Madhouse.

dont know how i feel about this...
    edited March 24

Never, ever, EVER watch or read whatever that moron creates. I watched the last two series he created and they're shit. Absolute shit. He has never gotten better, is very much made fun of in his own industry, and you will absoluetly never feel happy or accomplished for having read any of it. Don't watch it, don't read it, don't read about watching it or watch someone else talking about it, nothing.

GUYS GUYS GUYS

Watch. the voice acting is phenomenal and since its a comedy series dialogue pacing is incredibly important.
  • Kinniku BusterKinniku Buster KIMO! KIMO! KIMO! Joined: Posts: 8,783
    Nope.

fG78Cc9.png

i love how traditional her kimono is.
    Peace to the Mountain
    Amiibo Aficionado

Negro Install

The sky's fallin', baby, drop that ass 'fore it crash.

Currently Playing - Mario Kart 8 Deluxe (Switch), Splatoon 2 (Switch)
    Currently Reading - Rick and Morty (Onipress)
    Currently Watching (Animated) - Star vs. The Forces of Evil, We Bare Bears
    Currently Watching (Live Action) - GLOW

Nope.

fG78Cc9.png

i love how traditional her kimono is.

Me too. (͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
  • Master_ChibiMaster_Chibi .: Dynamites! :. Joined: Posts: 15,051 mod
    Chiro wrote: »

GUYS GUYS GUYS

Watch. the voice acting is phenomenal and since its a comedy series dialogue pacing is incredibly important.

Ok now my question is where in the FUCK do I even start with it? I mean legitimately don't know where to find it.
    ~*Hai! Back to Japan!
  • LivewireXLivewireX Joined: Posts: 5,724
    Didn't know there was a thread here for this, but hey. Finished Attack on Titan and really enjoyed it (while wondering why I didn't watch it earlier), and trying to look for another one to get into while I wait for season 2, but not sure what to look on/wondering on recommendations.

For what it's worth, I tend to like more action-y/non like "magical girl" or super fantasy ones or ones with a ton of episodes (like Bleach or One Piece) on account of that taking way too long. And I guess I should mention growing up watching DBZ, and that some of my other favourites are Jormungand, Steins;Gate (I know it's a VN adaptation), and Black Lagoon (which is my favourite anime of all time), along with liking a couple of others that happened to be based off games. I started watching Fairy Tale and I can see a bit on why people enjoy it, but the amount of episodes is kind of a hesitation point.

But yeah, sorry to ramble or whatever.