Anime & Manga Thread v.5 FAQ/IRC: See OP. Welcome to 2017.

Comments

• rehreh (ノ◕ヮ◕)ノ*:・゚✧ (=‿‿= ✿) Joined: Posts: 1,235
    I would have happier not knowing this. At least then if the series turns to shit it would have been a surprise as to why.
    Na man, sorry. Gotta spread the word. Last season we had some victims fell for Seo's Fuuka, too.
    You should know that you're up for a ride.
    ༼╬ ͡°益°༽╯彡 Dorya!
  • Kinniku BusterKinniku Buster HUMANZ Joined: Posts: 8,158
    I wish the race between teshima and koga was an episode or two longer but it was still a good race.
    Peace to the Mountain
    Amiibo Aficionado

Negro Install

The sky's fallin', baby, drop that ass 'fore it crash.

• IdunoIduno ...what to put here Joined: Posts: 4,751
    Fuck, just rewatched Rage of Bahamut to prepare for S2, it's absolutely fucking criminal that this series isn't more well known, great series that actually manages to fit 12 episodes well without feeling rushed.
    “It's now very common to hear people say, 'I'm rather offended by that.' As if that gives them certain rights. It's actually nothing more... than a whine. 'I find that offensive.' It has no meaning; it has no purpose; it has no reason to be respected as a phrase. 'I am offended by that.' Well, so ****ing what."
    -Stephen Fry

"I know crackheads that could sneak into a house better than an 8th century shinobi."
    -Jimmy1200
  • Nobus3r1 ver. 2.0Nobus3r1 ver. 2.0 #RiseUp? Joined: Posts: 4,693
    reh wrote: »
    I would have happier not knowing this. At least then if the series turns to shit it would have been a surprise as to why.
    Na man, sorry. Gotta spread the word. Last season we had some victims fell for Seo's Fuuka, too.
    I did find it a tad bit suspicious how the show went out of its way to make sure we know that MC and sister are not blood relatives. -_-
    Iduno wrote: »
    Fuck, just rewatched Rage of Bahamut to prepare for S2, it's absolutely fucking criminal that this series isn't more well known, great series that actually manages to fit 12 episodes well without feeling rushed.
    Very much agree. Bahamut was a very solid anime and, for a show based off of a goddamn mobile game, way better than it had any right to be.
    My Sale Thread: http://forums.shoryuken.com/discussion/137405/wts-pelican-ps2-to-ps3-lots-of-controllers/p1
    Current highlights include: Current and past gen controllers and misc. parts
  • ChiroChiro Not actually pronounced cheero Joined: Posts: 1,557
    edited April 11
    Ive been checking out a show called the Eccentric Family and its so far very weird. the characters are interesting, but its also all very confusing im really not sure what tanuki society means.

there's also a character in a group that captures and eats tanuki once a year. considering they're all sentient and portrayed as human most of the time its a very disturbing aspect made even weirder by the fact they seem to accept that one of them will die a year. the main protagonists even said its a love hate relationship between the girl who eats them, but if somebody ate my dad i sure as fuck wouldn't be as friendly as he is with her.

i don't understand what or why anything is happening so far.
  • crucadescrucades Its a Kinda Bullshit Joined: Posts: 10,825
    Ending too iron blood was brutal but as good as I could hope for. Gunna need to give that a solid 8/10.
    "I was fighting from the day I was born!"

-Michael 'The Count' Bisping, Greatest MW Champion of all time
  • beesuitbeesuit Joined: Posts: 3,429
    edited April 12
    Maid Dragon finished, single mum Kobayashi heartwarmingly saves her family by yelling a Dragon King into submission.
    Classicaloid finished, surprise second season in October. Out of all possible shows, lmao.
    Gabriel Dropout finished, totally not an asspull of an ending.

New Hero Academia. New Berserk. New Shingeki no Kyojin. All the action shows decide to show up at once this season.

Tsugumomo, Obi one Kimono & Harem Battles.

Alice to Zouroku, Old man Petals ain't putting up with no disrepectful youngins.

Totally forgot that Bahamut spinoff even existed. Need to check that out next.
    Post edited by beesuit on
    edited April 11
    Just watched "Shuumatsu Nani Shitemasu ka? Isogashii desu ka? Sukutte Moratte Ii desu ka?" episode 1. (Worst title...)
    Pretty interesting setting... and I was not prepared for Simon & Garfunkel's Scarborough Fair in an anime, even as a cover version.
    https://my.mixtape.moe/ijkrne.webm so godlike.
    Expecting it to be a show full of suffering, but I liked the first episode. Good stuff. And I really, really need that cover track.
    I'm such a sucker for songs like that.
    Post edited by reh on
    ༼╬ ͡°益°༽╯彡 Dorya!
    edited April 12
    Turns out Virgin Soul is the Bahamut sequel rather than the spinoff (which I mistook for Manaria Friends that never actually came).
    We now go from one dragon show to another.
    6oho1u.gif 9purro.gif
    Post edited by beesuit on
    beesuit wrote: »
    Maid Dragon finished, single mum Kobayashi heartwarmingly saves her family by yelling a Dragon King into submission.
    Gabriel Dropout finished, totally not an asspull of an ending.
    I feel like both of those shows really pulled off what they where trying to do in the episodes that they had to work with. Wouldn't mind a second season of either.
    New Hero Academia. New Berserk. New Shingeki no Kyojin. All the action shows decide to show up at once this season.
    It's weird. It really does seem like this season is when a ton of S2s decided to show up.
    Just watched "Shuumatsu Nani Shitemasu ka? Isogashii desu ka? Sukutte Moratte Ii desu ka?" episode 1. (Worst title...)
    Pretty interesting setting... and I was not prepared for Simon & Garfunkel's Scarborough Fair in an anime, even as a cover version.
    https://my.mixtape.moe/ijkrne.webm so godlike.
    Expecting it to be a show full of suffering, but I liked the first episode. Good stuff. And I really, really need that cover track.
    I'm such a sucker for songs like that.
    "Shuumatsu Nani Shitemasu ka? Isogashii desu ka? Sukutte Moratte Ii desu ka?" is on my 'to-watch' list. Good to know that whoever is making it has good taste in music.
    My Sale Thread: http://forums.shoryuken.com/discussion/137405/wts-pelican-ps2-to-ps3-lots-of-controllers/p1
  • angelpalmangelpalm Pancakes are delicious yo Joined: Posts: 22,701 ✭✭✭✭✭ OG
    Bahamut was just too short. Should have been 24 episodes to begin with.
  • Spirit JuiceSpirit Juice 「HATES EVERYTHING」 Joined: Posts: 14,585 ✭✭✭✭✭ OG
    The real question is... what's the best tiddy show this season?
    angelpalm wrote: »
    Bahamut was just too short. Should have been 24 episodes to begin with.
    I agree that it was a bit shortish and that I would have liked to have gotten more episodes out of S1. I would however say that for a show based off of a mobile game the fact that it didn't suck was a goddamn miracle.
    Boruto.
  • Master_ChibiMaster_Chibi .: Dynamites! :. Joined: Posts: 15,025 mod
    Fuck now I have nothing to watch again.

Little Witch Academia is getting a little too predictable IMO. It's like they're not even trying to be mysterious.
    ~*Hai! Back to Japan!
  • HawkingbirdHawkingbird Crack is back! Joined: Posts: 24,130
    Little Witch Acedemia was never mysterious. I don't see why it will need to be now that it's getting a real plot.
    PSN: Hawkingbird
    FC: 0834-1564-0151
    http://steamcommunity.com/id/runawayavenger
    SFV Lounge discord: https://discord.gg/Tp23Ccr
  • KaoriManabeKaoriManabe norcal Joined: Posts: 1,034
    srk changes it's little post reaction things too often so time to continue to pretend chibi posts dont exist

youjo senki hope it gets a season 2

Any hits this season? Just got started only currently watching Alice to Zouroku
    swag bitch take a picture real hood nigga swagged up to the maximum 10 on my dick with that bitch on my dick
  • HawkingbirdHawkingbird Crack is back! Joined: Posts: 24,130
    Sakura Quest is only show from the current season I watched so far. It's ok.
    PSN: Hawkingbird
    FC: 0834-1564-0151
    http://steamcommunity.com/id/runawayavenger
    SFV Lounge discord: https://discord.gg/Tp23Ccr
  • angelpalmangelpalm Pancakes are delicious yo Joined: Posts: 22,701 ✭✭✭✭✭ OG
    LWA is literally a kids show bro wtf. Just because your simple ass couldn't keep up with the first few episodes doesn't mean otherwise lol.
    Boruto.

DIE
  • GreyFoxxGreyFoxx R.I.P Brother. Joined: Posts: 4,357

Paging Master Chibi
  • GasarakiGasaraki Joined: Posts: 8,149 ✭✭✭✭✭ OG
    GreyFoxx wrote: »

Paging Master Chibi

We've already seen it. But yeah, hype
    edited April 14
    angelpalm wrote: »
    Boruto.

DIE

Dozo. Die, desu.

Dai die, chiisai die.
  • KaoriManabeKaoriManabe norcal Joined: Posts: 1,034
    Sakura Quest is only show from the current season I watched so far. It's ok.

Sakura Quest:
    Wow feels so similar to Hanasaku Iroha, first half of that series was really enjoyable but fell off during the 2nd half. If this is only 12 or so I can feel it being pretty decent

Clockwork Planet:
    Straight unwatchable garbage

Re:CREATORS:
    a decent first episode but i really don't expect this show to keep my interest for 22 eps

Alice to Zouroku 2:
    Nowhere near as good as the first episode but passable

Fukumenkei Noise:
    i guess i'm out of the loop because it's gotten to the point where even generic shoujou anime is riddled with low quality CGI
    swag bitch take a picture real hood nigga swagged up to the maximum 10 on my dick with that bitch on my dick
    so im going to try to get into Fate/Stay and i have two questions.

Is Unlimited Blade works just a remake of the first?

and should i bother watching the original if so?

edited April 15
    Chiro wrote: »
    so im going to try to get into Fate/Stay and i have two questions.

Is Unlimited Blade works just a remake of the first?

and should i bother watching the original if so?

Nah the first is a combination of all three timelines of the game. It's not very good.

UBW is the timeline of the second name from the game. It's good

Fate/Zero is a prequel to it all. There's only one timeline and it leads into all three of the game timelines.

Later there is a Fate/stay night Heaven's Feel movie coming out based on the 3rd timeline of the game. It will prooooooobably be good. I certainly hope so at least
    edited April 15
    im just watching it for the action scenes....what the hell is the other 90% of it going to be?

rereading Air Gear. i remember the insanity of the super powers, but i had forgotten just how funny this manga was.

Post edited by Chiro on
  • Tekno VirusTekno Virus small man big strength Joined: Posts: 8,394
    Fate/Zero is probably one of my all time favorite anime.
    The Gates of Creation are manifold. I vow to enter them all.
    Dellusions are inexhaustible.
    I vow to end them all.
    Sentient beings are numberless.
    I vow to save them all.

The Kree Way is SUPREME.
  • crotchpunchacrotchpuncha Joined: Posts: 19,981
    Chiro wrote: »
    im just watching it for the action scenes....what the hell is the other 90% of it going to be?
    Lots and lots of talking.

It's not the end of the world, but you can see it from here.
  • KromoKromo Render unto Miku Joined: Posts: 6,244 ✭✭✭✭✭ OG
    Every season I am surprised by how much anime I enjoy.
    Hinako Note, Danmachi, Saekano, Berserk, Sin, Eromanga Sensei, Akashic, Little Witch, Sakura Quest, World End, Love Tyrant, even Granblue and Twin Angel are getting in on this. I might be dead on the inside, but man, what a time to be alive. Still need to check out tsugumono and frame arms girl.
    Mad props to Zombie Lolerskates for the Av
    Voted poster of the year 4 years in a row! 2012 - 2015!
    All proceeds will go the Hydro Acoustic Reverberance Mechanism (H.A.R.M Project)
    Glory unto the Machine Goddess!
    i can't stop laughing at this page.
    030_031.jpg?token=5cb19701a43f0d19fe95d04d1c8d63a6&ttl=1492372800[img][/img]
    edited April 16
    So I stumbled on these jokes vids of the Girls Und Panzer movie.
    The thing made me go back and pick up the show (yea I know, I'm slow as fuk). Was a little afraid that all the good bits were probably already in these vids, but I was pleasantly surprised with the show. I'm halfway through it now and there's always some kind of tank action going on in every episode. Rarely does it ever just mope around either, it's always jumping from one event to the next especially during what little character drama portion that they've had. The animation is pretty damn expressive too, and isn't cardboard cutout ass tier. Colour me impressed. I must admit, my expectations were a little misplaced when I first heard about the show. I thought it was just going to be them restoring some tanks and then having some cheap parade at the of the season for a weak anticlimatic ending. I'm glad it didn't turn out to be some K-ON clone where the premise was simply just an excuse to watch the girls eat cake and all that jazz. Really well produced and well put together show. I should've been on this from the start.
    image image
    *sigh* Episode 2 went from 0 to Oreimo real fucking fast. -_-
  • KurokunKurokun Joined: Posts: 1,685
    tumblr_oof1e9XMWJ1t0mexao1_500.gif
  • BigDeweyBigDewey Joined: Posts: 1,931
    Just finished Mob Psycho 100, is there supposed to be a season 2 at some point?
    BigDewey wrote: »
    Just finished Mob Psycho 100, is there supposed to be a season 2 at some point?

Not announced or anything, but the manga is on-going
  • WastedWasted Verbal Diarrhetic Joined: Posts: 5,332
    edited April 17
    I'm not sure what to make of this Re:Creators show. They're flipping the trapped-in-the-game trope into game-and-manga-characters-trapped-in-real-life.

And the evil Nazi loli has permanent Spiral Swords...

Might have to keep watching to see how they run with this kind of story.
    SFV: Ken, with THAT ORANGE COSTUME

I have nobody to play with, so I typically talk out of my ass.
    So they actually did have a parade at the end of Girls und Panzer just like I predicted, but for more entirely kickass reasons.

I liked how they slowly kept expanding their club as well. Even the newcomers get their brief spot in the limelight with some of the amusingly absurd and ridiculous shit that happens, lol.
    9a2076d8aa505fa989cb2653980db27a2c1de2efbe1dbddf31d74284151bb58e.gif
    Really well produced and well put together show.

I like Girls und Panzer. But it was not well produced. It was plagued by production issues. It had TWO recap episodes. In a one cour show. I mean, the movie, and the ova were good, but I am kind of amazed it became as popular as it is. And it does suffer from "too many characters" syndrome, a neccessary evil of a sports anime where the teams are like 30 people each. I think they were lamp-shading this with the volley ball team.
    All proceeds will go the Hydro Acoustic Reverberance Mechanism (H.A.R.M Project)
    Little Witch Academia spoilers:

So you've been utterly useless for 13 episodes Akko now YOU HAVE THE LITERAL WEIGHT OF THE WORLD ON YOUR SHOULDERS AND A STAFF OF INSURMOUNTABLE MAGIC POWER BUT HEY HAVE FUN IN CLASS OR SOME SHIT NO WORRIES
    ~*Hai! Back to Japan!
    Kromo wrote: »
    Really well produced and well put together show.

I like Girls und Panzer. But it was not well produced. It was plagued by production issues. It had TWO recap episodes. In a one cour show. I mean, the movie, and the ova were good, but I am kind of amazed it became as popular as it is. And it does suffer from "too many characters" syndrome, a neccessary evil of a sports anime where the teams are like 30 people each. I think they were lamp-shading this with the volley ball team.
    You're right, that doesn't sound well produced at all from a scheduling and production point of view. I didn't even realise there were two recap episodes with the last two eps needing to be cut from the initial broadcast only to be aired at a later date (ala in the same fashion as Bakemonogatari). I'm really glad they chose to delay those episodes than to compromise the production quality though. Very rarely are the characters ever off model, and there's a lot of little extra animations that they could've easily left out or taken shortcuts on but instead they chose to go the extra mile for the sake of creating something worthwhile. That's not to say it's the best animated or best looking show around, but it's clearly a couple of steps above most of the generic stuff that gets pushed out.

I can't help but think the whole character overload aspect is partly intentional either. Jam as many cute girls in and one of them's gonna resonate with and sucker in some poor sap. Pretty much borrowing a page straight out of Idolmaster and all the Idolshow clones out there.
    They've addressed it well I feel, by establishing each unit under a small thematic umbrella and then slowly branching out and building the individuals from there. Usagi team is prime example of this, all six girls are pretty much unremarkable on their own, and it wasn't until the movie where they decided to spotlight one of them (Saki with her deadpan butterfly gag, that later evolved into the ferris wheel + butterfly). Together as a unit however, there are reoccurring quirks and behaviours for the audience to latch onto and remember. You see this in how they decide to pimp out their tank in bright pink at the start of the show, to them deserting their own tank very first battle (both instances I still can't get over and applaud the producers for, lmao). Almost every chance available they sneak in these small character building sight gags. They get a laugh and develop their characters at the same time, two birds with one stone. I'm not sure if they'll ever get around to spotlighting each individual girl, but I feel like they leave in enough little details to pick up on for those willing to look.

Good thing is that there's still another 6 more films in the works! Panzer Vor!!

• IdunoIduno ...what to put here Joined: Posts: 4,751
    Little Witch Academia lost me half way through when it got to half a fucking season with nothing fucking happening.
    “It's now very common to hear people say, 'I'm rather offended by that.' As if that gives them certain rights. It's actually nothing more... than a whine. 'I find that offensive.' It has no meaning; it has no purpose; it has no reason to be respected as a phrase. 'I am offended by that.' Well, so ****ing what."
    -Stephen Fry

"I know crackheads that could sneak into a house better than an 8th century shinobi."
    -Jimmy1200
    All my shows this season come out over the weekends. Weekdays are going to be so ass.
    2rw15x2.png
    Kurokun wrote: »
    tumblr_oof1e9XMWJ1t0mexao1_500.gif
    This is how bestiality begins.
    edited April 18
    *sigh* Episode 2 went from 0 to Oreimo real fucking fast. -_-
    I usually wait for the 3rd episode, but didn't make it the full 2nd one either. Skipped it for the most part. Dropped. Nope.
    Watching quite a few shows this season, gonna wait another week for most but not that one.T
    Today it's finally time for Re:Creators.
    ༼╬ ͡°益°༽╯彡 Dorya!
    Little Witch Academia spoilers:

So you've been utterly useless for 13 episodes Akko now YOU HAVE THE LITERAL WEIGHT OF THE WORLD ON YOUR SHOULDERS AND A STAFF OF INSURMOUNTABLE MAGIC POWER BUT HEY HAVE FUN IN CLASS OR SOME SHIT NO WORRIES

I really don't like how Akko is now a messianic figure. A good character arc would be going from a selfish, clumsy fuck up to a regular old clumsy fuck up who saves the school from closing after learning a thing or two about humility. Diana is the real hero of the show. Every episode she is putting in work, getting things done.
    Usagi team is prime example of this, all six girls are pretty much unremarkable on their own
    I dare you to name them though.
    Like, the main girls can be differentiated. Generic main character, dead pan girl, proper Japanese girl, cheerful girl, tank otaku. Student council has the psychopathic loli and the other two. Volley ball team are all...volley ball girls. Otaku team are...otakus. History buff team is a bunch of history buffs for different eras. Don't ask me which is which or which eras. First years almost have character. Public moral team is...morals. Sadako something something. Did the mechanics ever get a team? I can't remember. Then you have Pravda, which has a meglomaniac loli, the girl she rides around on, and then the rest of them. Saunders (because of Coronel Sanders?) has...a bunch of anime-americans. England they just drink tea. And the evil (german?) team with Miho's sister. I seriously just glossed over like, two hundred people.

I'm going to start watching that show with bad cg that takes place in the jungle with personified African animals and shit
    ~*Hai! Back to Japan!