Anime & Manga Thread v.5 FAQ/IRC: See OP. Welcome to 2017.

Comments

• KromoKromo Render unto Miku Joined: Posts: 6,245 ✭✭✭✭✭ OG
    Sakurako and the beautiful bones just popped into my head today. I wasn't thinking about anime or anything, and nothing in particular reminded me of it. I was just going along and it popped into my head and I thought about how I never finished watching it for no reason. Like, it wasn't a show I dropped because it lost my interest. I just kind of forgot it existed and never finished it. I don't remember when I last watched an episode, or where I was in the series, it just fell out of existence for a bit, and then plopped right back in.
    Mad props to Zombie Lolerskates for the Av
    Voted poster of the year 4 years in a row! 2012 - 2015!
    All proceeds will go the Hydro Acoustic Reverberance Mechanism (H.A.R.M Project)
    Glory unto the Machine Goddess!
  • BiousBious Seasons Greetings Joined: Posts: 11,737
    I need a new ad-free Manga site for mobile. Inn has fucked me over for far too long.
    ░░░░░░░░░░▄▄█▀▀▄░░░░
    ░░░░░░░░▄█████▄▄█▄░░░░
    ░░░░░▄▄▄▀██████▄▄██░░░░
    ░░▄██░░█░█▀░░▄▄▀█░█░░░▄▄▄▄
    ▄█████░░██░░░▀▀░▀░█▀▀██▀▀▀█▀▄
    █████░█░░▀█░▀▀▀▀▄▀░░░███████▀
    ░▀▀█▄░██▄▄░▀▀▀▀█▀▀▀▀▀░▀▀▀▀
    ░▄████████▀▀▀▄▀░░░░
    ██████░▀▀█▄░░░█▄░░░░
    ░▀▀▀▀█▄▄▀░██████▄░░░░
    ░░░░░░░░░█████████░░░░
    Preppy wrote: »
    Panda Express is an Asian plot to destroy your bowels. Winners Just Say No.
  • Rick RossRick Ross Niggaposi☆Continues Joined: Posts: 5,641
    No-Rin is the truth.
    "I don't think women in video games and anime are hyper sexualized. I think they're Mexican women who occasionally speak Japanese." - Tekno Virus, sharing his words of ethnic wisdom.
  • beesuitbeesuit Joined: Posts: 3,646
    Implying elsewise would be foolish.
    tumblr_mfq5rpOJUY1r244lmo1_r1_400.gif

• angelpalmangelpalm Stop enjoying things Joined: Posts: 24,457 ✭✭✭✭✭ OG
    These funi dubs are terribad

Who the fuck is Tabitha Ray?
    Mains:
    Blazpoo -Continual Shit: Tiddy Witch
    Crapcom Big foot Sex simulator V - Pc muscle mod edition: That dude that slaps his ass.
    Aggressors of Koliseum Kombat: Kisarah
    Rapelay: Kimura
    https://www.nytimes.com/2017/09/19/opinion/alt-right-white-supremacy-undercover.html?smid=tw-share
    http://helloracist.com/
  • Sephiroth73003Sephiroth73003 Joined: Posts: 4,291
    beesuit wrote: »
    Also having the first episode spoil what was going to happen kinda took away from some of the 'oh shit' factor we would have gotten if they restructured the episodes.
    I say it added more than it detracted. The real beauty in Ga Rei Zero is the fact that it shows you how great things once were, only to slowly and cruelly take all of that shit away. The worst part is that you know all of this coming yet there's absolutely jack squat that can be done. All you have is just a tinge of false hope that maybe, just maybe if all the right pieces fall in the right places they'll be able to salvage the situation somehow. You know there's no light at the end of the tunnel, but you keep searching anyway. That to me, is what made the tragedy in GRZ so great, and why the first episode worked as well as it did.

Sure in chronological order, that episode gets positioned as a midstory plot twist but you're trading the slow build up of despair (which is what those earlier episodes were only good for anyway) for pure shock value, which the first episode was already primed to do.

I definitely get that is why they did it that way. I just think they could have established a lot of that with stopping shortly after she murders the fuck out of the B squad. Her actually seeing her old squad and them being like 'oh no you are our friend!' and could have been ignored with them handling 'hey this happens in the future' with a different method. Personally I think it would have greatly benefited from 24 episodes to flesh out the background of the little kid demon thing that corrupts everyone. Most of the misgivings of that show pretty much derive from not having enough episodes to handle the plot ideas they had as smoothly as they needed to be handled. Definitely a good show.
    SF3: Makoto and Ken
  • Spirit JuiceSpirit Juice 「HATES EVERYTHING」 Joined: Posts: 15,059 ✭✭✭✭✭ OG
    Given that Ga Rei Zero is a prequel to the manga, I'm guessing some things were left unanswered to let the manga flesh the rest out (even if the manga is generic shounen, from what I have heard). Either way, I remember feeling the same way Beesuit was feeling when the show was airing. Even though the majority of the series takes place in the past, it's very, VERY heart-wrenching to watch everything fall apart. You absolutely knew how it was going to end given all the buildup, but the show still does an excellent job at tugging at your heartstrings despite you knowing how it's going to end. You do hope until the very end that you will be wrong in your assumptions, that there's a sliver of hope that things will end up all fine and dandy, but the reality sets in on the final episodes and you're feeling pretty crushed. GRZ wasn't the most successful or talked about series, but I definitely think it's an underrated gem if you're into shows that emotionally fuck you up. The OP still gets me emotional. :'(
  • BlindknaggBlindknagg Christmas? Bah, humbug! Joined: Posts: 3,961

Also, I saw the first episode of Gurren Lagann, it was just about a pair of redneck cave dwellers trying to drill their way to the surface. I don't think a story with a scope like this could even go anywhere. Shit's a waste of time.

Tony-Stark-Shakes-Head-Iron-Man.gif

I'm afraid that we can't be friends anymore Bee.

Nah but for real you should give it a chance for the . . . plot ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
    Ttgl_14e0e3_5441637.gif
    (> ̄▽ ̄)> nigga this
    nigga that
    <( ̄▽ ̄<)
  • Ken34Ken34 a.k.a Mashima Taichi Joined: Posts: 7,159 ✭✭✭✭✭ OG
    i remember dropping Kannazuki no Miko after the first episode and giving it a 3/10 , i just decided to give it a second chance today, i finished it this time, and it wasnt as bad as a 3/10, i gave it a 4/10. ya see? you shouldnt drop an anime after the first episode.
    Blindknagg wrote: »

Also, I saw the first episode of Gurren Lagann, it was just about a pair of redneck cave dwellers trying to drill their way to the surface. I don't think a story with a scope like this could even go anywhere. Shit's a waste of time.

Tony-Stark-Shakes-Head-Iron-Man.gif

I'm afraid that we can't be friends anymore Bee.

Nah but for real you should give it a chance for the . . . plot ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
    Ttgl_14e0e3_5441637.gif

pretty sure he wasnt serious about not watching leggan, he was trying to make a funny.
    "True Strength is something Money and Credit cards cannot buy"
  • BlindknaggBlindknagg Christmas? Bah, humbug! Joined: Posts: 3,961
    Ken34 wrote: »

pretty sure he wasnt serious about not watching leggan, he was trying to make a funny.

How should I know that when he didn't follow it up with a funny gif like usual?

I'm a simple man yo, don't fool me like this Bakasuit!

giphy.gif

(> ̄▽ ̄)> nigga this
    nigga that
    <( ̄▽ ̄<)
  • MechWarriorMechWarrior Joined: Posts: 5,718
    No one who bashes TTGL is ever really serious because dat Spiral power is just right.
    IAOXz6H.png
    XBL: MechWarriorNY
  • beesuitbeesuit Joined: Posts: 3,646
    Gurren Lagann is appalling in it's lewdness content. Throughout the series Gurren is constantly getting drilled by Simon via Lagann and on many occasions even becomes one with a plethora of other gunmen. It's lust and thirst for a bigger drill knows no bound. This isn't even mentioning how many spirals it has allowed to enter into itself to do as they please either. This is a show that should be reserved only for the sickest of minds. People shouldn't be freely exposed to the frequency of such lewd penetrations that this show presents.
    But+what+about+gurren+lagann+_f362d79c9b1ba432e3fc8999b3764bf0.gif

The OP still gets me emotional. :'(
    Show me the juices of your spirit.
    y u do dis

Feels-Bad-Man-Frog-05.jpg

I bought the BD set of the series several years ago with the intent of rewatching the series. I should probably get on that. For extra hurt I should probably rewatch Madoka too.
    >madoka
    >hurt

Do you order alcoholic beverages with the tiny umbrella in it?
    "I don't think women in video games and anime are hyper sexualized. I think they're Mexican women who occasionally speak Japanese." - Tekno Virus, sharing his words of ethnic wisdom.
  • SF09ersSF09ers #1 Daigo Fan Joined: Posts: 842
    About to start Prison School. Does this have any lesbians in it?
  • BubbledotjpgBubbledotjpg Joined: Posts: 260
    Whoa we don't need to bring cocktail drinks into this.
  • PterodactylPterodactyl drenched in sauce Joined: Posts: 7,227
    edited February 2016
    SF09ers wrote: »

Borderline with the President and Vice President.

In the manga, there's eventually a full on lezbonian 69 between two notable characters later on.

Also you fuckers won't know the true definition of hurt until you read Oyasumi Punpun or SaiKano.
    spread'em
  • BubbledotjpgBubbledotjpg Joined: Posts: 260
    Oyasumi Punpun was like nothing else I've ever read. It was quite the story alright.
  • SF09ersSF09ers #1 Daigo Fan Joined: Posts: 842
    edited February 2016

In the manga, there's eventually a full on lezbonian 69 between two notable characters later on.

Also you fuckers won't know the true definition of hurt until you read Oyasumi Punpun or SaiKano.

nice this seems like its right up my perverted alley

BTW is the live action version worth checking out?
    No.
    spread'em

well fuck you i Watched Saikano ages ago and i had to watch it with a roll of toilet paper by my bed, so many tears.

always comin in here with your manga rules the world attitude, nobody cares which is better, some people like to enjoy things in different ways, you must come to understand that.
    Please teach me Galko Chan episode 6:
    First bit is about vaginas. Then Ojo admits to never having seen hers.
    Then they talk about underwear, and ojo admits she only wears kinky, custom made stuff.
    Then on their day off, Galko dress up like a whore while ojo goes commando.
    They then watch a movie with a steamy sex scene and get all hot and bothered by it.

Yet people act like they aren't pedophiles because they watch a show about 15 year olds going on about how they look forward to having hot sex one day.
    HYPOCRITES. ALL OF YOU.

You know I'm right about Ojo growing up and only into weird, abusive kink when she's older. She'd fit right in a Euphoria, or a Starless, if you know what I mean.
    All proceeds will go the Hydro Acoustic Reverberance Mechanism (H.A.R.M Project)
    Kromo wrote: »
    Then they talk about underwear, and ojo admits she only wears kinky, custom made stuff.
    They then watch a movie with a steamy sex scene and get all hot and bothered by it.

Yet people act like they aren't pedophiles because they watch a show about 15 year olds going on about how they look forward to having hot sex one day.
    HYPOCRITES. ALL OF YOU.

You know I'm right about Ojo growing up and only into weird, abusive kink when she's older. She'd fit right in a Euphoria, or a Starless, if you know what I mean.

Haven't watched it and will continue to not watch it. Thanks Kromo for looking out for us non-hypocrites and letting us know. The hero we need.
    edited February 2016

well fuck you i Watched Saikano ages ago and i had to watch it with a roll of toilet paper by my bed, so many tears.

always comin in here with your manga rules the world attitude, nobody cares which is better, some people like to enjoy things in different ways, you must come to understand that.

I never told anyone they can't enjoy an inarguably inferior version of a story.

I'm just pointing them in the direction of the best possible version if they want actual closure, more depth in general to the characters and the worlds, often better pacing, and 9 times out of 10 the superior ending. So many things get butchered in conversion that it's almost depressing. But if there is a good adaptation I suggest and praise it every time.

It isn't a manga rules the world attitude, it's a don't watch shit when you can read gold attitude.

There are plenty of anime that are phenomenal, but most of them are 100% anime original. Not to say there aren't good adaptations, just that most are shit compared to the sources. Of course how much a person values quality over extra bells and whistles is up to them.
    spread'em
    edited February 2016
    Kromo wrote: »

HYPOCRITES. ALL OF YOU.

Haven't watched it and will continue to not watch it. Thanks Kromo for looking out for us non-hypocrites and letting us know. The hero we need.

You don't like 15 year old tits? What are you some kinda of queermo?
    Post edited by angelpalm on
    Mains:
    Crapcom Big foot Sex simulator V - Pc muscle mod edition: That dude that slaps his ass.
    https://www.nytimes.com/2017/09/19/opinion/alt-right-white-supremacy-undercover.html?smid=tw-share
    Rick Ross wrote: »
    >madoka
    >hurt

Do you order alcoholic beverages with the tiny umbrella in it?

No need because every drink comes with a complimentary serving of ur mum.
    angelpalm wrote: »
    You don't like 15 year od tits? What are you some kinda of queermo?

I just don't need to listen to 15 year old girls talking about sex when it is really the projections of 20-30 year old angsty guys creating the words. Getting into that is a step away from getting catfished by a dude through shitty sexting. Watched like 2 min of the first Galko and stopped. Just not for me.

15-16 year olds can be attractive but you appreciate and move on. If one started talking to me like that I would look around the corner for Chris Hansen and immediately start moving away, but maybe that is just my age that makes the thought of a 15-16 year old unappealing when they start trying to act way beyond their experiences.

_______________________________________________________________________________________________

Watching Hyouka the main chick (Chitanda Eru) seems to be lab grown waifu material. Like I'm not sure there has ever been a character created to waifu this hard. Maybe it is just the voice actor, but jesus the constant cute faces and the way she talks is weaponized cuteness.
    she is always curious about something.

165713.jpg
    edited February 2016

I just don't need to listen to 15 year old girls talking about sex when it is really the projections of 20-30 year old angsty guys creating the words. Getting into that is a step away from getting catfished by a dude through shitty sexting. Watched like 2 min of the first Galko and stopped. Just not for me.

15-16 year olds can be attractive but you appreciate and move on. If one started talking to me like that I would look around the corner for Chris Hansen and immediately start moving away, but maybe that is just my age that makes the thought of a 15-16 year old unappealing when they start trying to act way beyond their experiences.

_______________________________________________________________________________________________

Watching Hyouka the main chick (Chitanda Eru) seems to be lab grown waifu material. Like I'm not sure there has ever been a character created to waifu this hard. Maybe it is just the voice actor, but jesus the constant cute faces and the way she talks is weaponized cuteness.

Lol what? Sounds like you are doing a bit of projecting imo.....maybe at 15-16 your were a sexless twat but most of us normal folks were talking and doing shit waaaaay more sexual than this corny ass cartoon at that very same age. Talking about Chris hansen and then talking about some shitty slice of life show and how the teenager in THAT show is "waifu" material like some wack ass otaku that only loves purity in his 2 dimensional sex objects.....not realizing the reality that they are all sluts.

Having said that...

45uKPf4.gif
    Post edited by angelpalm on
    Mains:
    just started watching Kimi to Boku, 5 eps in im in love, this anime is fucking hilarious with some awesome feel good moments mixed in. i dont watch many slice of life cause im not a big fan, but this one is interesting enough to keep watching.
    edited February 2016

For the record. I think it's a good show and that people should watch it.

Finished Sakurako gets the Beautiful Bone
    I liked it. Especially the last few episodes where she was really getting off on death. Like, she was so wet when she found those bones. Getting all rapey eyed at their misfortune.
    While I didn't like they do the big reveal of the big bad who was behind it all, all along, and then just kind of drop it for an origin story, they did have a main character get stabbed near the end of an episode and they didn't do the obvious "cliff hanger" cancelled into "they are fine in the next episode" routine, and just showed they were fine during the credits. That was nice of them.

Well clearly you are uninitiated to Kyoto Animation's greatness,as Hyouka is smack dab in the middle of a brilliant lineage of A+ Waifu material.
    Although, when it was airing, I do remember thinking it sounded like Ritsu was perpetually doing her cutesy "imitating Mio" voice from K-On.
    Having said that...

45uKPf4.gif

Whoa...whoa whoa.
    Are you seriously trying to argue that Tamako is better than Chitanda? Cmon.
    Midori? maybe, Kanna? Sure. Anko? Yes. Choi? Absolutely.
    But Tamako?
    I don't know man...sometimes the things you say are just...
    edited February 2016

Lol what? Sounds like you are doing a bit of projecting imo.....maybe at 15-16 your were a sexless twat but most of us normal folks were talking and doing shit waaaaay more sexual than this corny ass cartoon at that very same age. Talking about Chris hansen and then talking about some shitty slice of life show and how the teenager in THAT show is "waifu" material like some wacks otaku that only loves purity in his 2 dimensional sex objects.....not realizing the reality that they are all sluts.

Be honest i'm not sure exactly what it means to 'waifu' a character. Maybe I'm using the term wrong. I'm using it with the intention of saying she seems like she is created to be the stereotypical love interest in a show that the audience is supposed to root for or love. Black/Brown haired, pure blood japanese, overly cute with every action, mildly naive, and has a catch phrase, iconic pose, or action she does constantly. That is the formula a lot of characters I see called 'waifu's' typically exhibit. She hits those attributes to an alarmingly formulaic degree but is well executed enough that it doesn't seem forced or stupid. It being well executed enough I don't mind the formula since it seems to be an almost perfect execution of it is what makes me call it 'lab grown waifu material'.

______________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

I'm hoping Hyouka does more visuals like the opening one with the hair ivy thing. Feel i'm getting a bit of a bait and switch since i'm on episode 7 and still havent' seen anything else on that level. That scene was a major reason I kept watching hoping to see more stuff like that. Is there anymore visuals like that?
    Post edited by Sephiroth73003 on
    Why legalize sibling incest when your imouto is worst grill?

Everyone knows Kuroneko was best grill. Shit, I wouldn't even mind if Kanako was my emo toe.
  • KurokunKurokun Joined: Posts: 2,100
    she is always curious about something.

165713.jpg

tumblr_njxr57r8h11rqkvvro1_500.gif

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file