Anime & Manga Thread v.5 FAQ/IRC: See OP. Welcome to 2017.

Comments

• MechWarriorMechWarrior Joined: Posts: 5,718
    Eh5kSb6.gif
    ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
    XBL: MechWarriorNY
  • Sephiroth73003Sephiroth73003 Joined: Posts: 4,288
    edited February 2016
    Just finished Hyouka. Was interesting. Still a bit annoyed you get that awesome hair visual in episode 1 then nothing like that again. It was the gif of that which made me want to try it out. Chitanda was basically the show since most of their mysteries were pretty lackluster and uninteresting. Definitely not a an anime you watch twice, but wasn't bad for a single watch and chitanda is literally weaponized cuteness.
    SF3: Makoto and Ken
  • HecatomHecatom Aka Black Gorilla (・Д・)ノ Joined: Posts: 23,335
    I still need to watch Hyouka.
    On another note, I Just uploaded the sequel of the vanilla naruxhina doujin (in english) on sadpanda, for anyone interested
    ( •_•) IT'S NOT RAPE,
    ( •_•)>⌐■-■
    IT'S SURPRISE SEX! (⌐■_■)
    YEAAAAAAAAAAHHH!!
    "Orgasm is a simile for the emotional epiphany a woman has when the shame of penetration is eclipsed by the inherent virtue of servicing a man." ~ Kromo.
    ( •_•)
    ( ಠ_ಠ)
    ( ಥ_ಥ)
  • angelpalmangelpalm Stop enjoying things Joined: Posts: 24,117 ✭✭✭✭✭ OG
    edited February 2016
    Just finished Hyouka. Was interesting. Still a bit annoyed you get that awesome hair visual in episode 1 then nothing like that again. It was the gif of that which made me want to try it out. Chitanda was basically the show since most of their mysteries were pretty lackluster and uninteresting. Definitely not a an anime you watch twice, but wasn't bad for a single watch and chitanda is literally weaponized cuteness.

Basically you are an eye candy visual slut that will watch shit dry if said shit is in 4k and has sparkles?

Pretty much Kyoani's target audience then....enjoy paying for $350 blurays
    Mains:
    Blazpoo -Continual Shit: Tiddy Witch
    Crapcom Big foot Sex simulator V - Pc muscle mod edition: That dude that slaps his ass.
    Aggressors of Koliseum Kombat: Kisarah
    Rapelay: Kimura
    https://www.nytimes.com/2017/09/19/opinion/alt-right-white-supremacy-undercover.html?smid=tw-share
    http://helloracist.com/
  • GasarakiGasaraki Joined: Posts: 8,782 ✭✭✭✭✭ OG

Uh, if you didn't like the mysteries then you completely missed the point. The fact that they WERE always mundane and explainable in reality is what makes it fun. Heck even in Sherlock stuff, the idea is shit happens that seems crazy, and dude just explains the mundane reality of it. Difference is really just the type of mystery they solve
    edited February 2016
    Gasaraki wrote: »

Uh, if you didn't like the mysteries then you completely missed the point. The fact that they WERE always mundane and explainable in reality is what makes it fun. Heck even in Sherlock stuff, the idea is shit happens that seems crazy, and dude just explains the mundane reality of it. Difference is really just the type of mystery they solve

Lol.........no <---clickyclicky.
    Post edited by angelpalm on
    Mains:
    Crapcom Big foot Sex simulator V - Pc muscle mod edition: That dude that slaps his ass.
    https://www.nytimes.com/2017/09/19/opinion/alt-right-white-supremacy-undercover.html?smid=tw-share
  • IdunoIduno ...what to put here Joined: Posts: 5,296

So basically Scooby Doo?

Can't say that really sells the show.

Still probably better than Gosick though, the only mystery show I've seen where it isn't that the detective is smart but that everybody else in the world seems to have been dropped on their heads when they were born.
    “It's now very common to hear people say, 'I'm rather offended by that.' As if that gives them certain rights. It's actually nothing more... than a whine. 'I find that offensive.' It has no meaning; it has no purpose; it has no reason to be respected as a phrase. 'I am offended by that.' Well, so ****ing what."
    -Stephen Fry

"I know crackheads that could sneak into a house better than an 8th century shinobi."
    -Jimmy1200
  • Nobus3r1Nobus3r1 #RiseUp? Joined: Posts: 5,278
    Iduno wrote: »

So basically Scooby Doo?

Can't say that really sells the show.

Still probably better than Gosick though, the only mystery show I've seen where it isn't that the detective is smart but that everybody else in the world seems to have been dropped on their heads when they were born.
    Agree on Hyouka > Gosick. I can deal with one or two characters that are frustratingly dumb. I cannot deal with an entire world that is.
    House of Bane
    ID: 8V596
  • PterodactylPterodactyl The time has come and so have I Joined: Posts: 7,205
    angelpalm wrote: »

Lol.........no.

It's almost as if different people have different opinions on things.
    spread'em
    edited February 2016

Lol.........no.

It's almost as if different people have different opinions on things.

Please take your own advice shitstain

NickRocks wrote: »
    i liked redline alot but it wasnt as good as SR.

Fucking die.

Mains:
    edited February 2016

Basically you are an eye candy visual slut that will watch shit dry if said shit is in 4k and has sparkles?

You misunderstand what I mean by 'visuals'. 1080p vs 4k is not a part of the conversation in what I mean. It is that the actual content of the visuals that are interesting and unique. This can be accomplished in many ways in anime between cool light effects (sparkles as you put it), having unusual things happen (hair scene above), superb animation of movement which can be dancing or great fight choreography, emotion being really well animated, etc. A lot of shows get by on high production values and that isn't a surprise as this happens in movies, games, and basically all media. People like shit that looks good. If the story isn't good and as I mentioned it is not worth a rewatch, why would you buy blu-rays? Much less $350 blu-rays. For me to buy blu-rays it would have to be something I really want to rewatch. I don't own any blu-rays except Watchmen and I have FMA:Brotherhood and Berserk on DVD since those are the only 2 anime's I rewatch at least once a year because I find them to be truly fantastic. Hyouka would have to be a hell of a lot better for me to drop cash on it.

Honestly the movie mystery was kinda interesting though the end was very anti-climactic which makes all the mysteries fairly shit. It did the common anime thing where every time progress could have happened they have to back pedal and keep shit the same and mellow. The show is basically to sell Chitanda Eru , I can't see any other point to it. The creator of the anime likely couldn't create good mysteries so 90% of the time their isn't enough evidence to figure stuff out on your own so you have to wait for the MC to explain it and he never has enough evidence to prove his random theories. So in the end you just hear his speculation based on a couple pieces of evidence but no critical piece of evidence to bring it all together and have to call it fact. Every mystery ends with speculation without evidence or a confession, it is not a mystery. I have no issues the mysteries were mundane, but the fact they weren't really treated like real mysteries was my biggest issue. Any mystery that doesn't provide conclusive evidence and relies on bullshit is not a real mystery. It is simply a story where people are trying to figure shit out and you are along for the ride. Movies like that are often called 'suspense films' but those at least have tension and drama to keep you interested. Honestly I would have dropped the show if I hadn't simply had it as background while studying.

Also the MC is supposed to be profoundly lazy yet he is always getting dragged to do shit and isn't really that lazy other than not actively pursuing stuff till something gets brought to him. He is simply not proactive. The entire description of him is simply incorrect. They could have added a lot of comedy with antics like that but didn't.

If you like slice of life shows their is enough of that stuff in there to make it somewhat palatable and it has a few moments that are pretty good. Nothing special though 6/10 quality except animation which is 9/10.
    Post edited by Sephiroth73003 on
  • KromoKromo Render unto Miku Joined: Posts: 6,245 ✭✭✭✭✭ OG
    Hyouka was great.

Speaking of mystery anime
    Haruchika has some of the most baffling and nonsensical mysteries.
    Like, seriously, the entire house was a just full of coins? Really?
    Yeah, have fun taking those to the bank. What an Asshole uncle.

What's worse is the music teacher always immediately figures it out, from the most obscure of clues, and then just doesn't tell them, because reasons. Why the fuck are you teaching highschool band? You should be solving cold case murders for the police.
    Mad props to Zombie Lolerskates for the Av
    Voted poster of the year 4 years in a row! 2012 - 2015!
    All proceeds will go the Hydro Acoustic Reverberance Mechanism (H.A.R.M Project)
    Glory unto the Machine Goddess!
  • PterodactylPterodactyl The time has come and so have I Joined: Posts: 7,205

Man you really got your dick in a knot over that...

You forget to take you Risperidone today?

:coffee:
    spread'em
  • GasarakiGasaraki Joined: Posts: 8,782 ✭✭✭✭✭ OG

You misunderstand what I mean by 'visuals'. 1080p vs 4k is not a part of the conversation in what I mean. It is that the actual content of the visuals that are interesting and unique. This can be accomplished in many ways in anime between cool light effects (sparkles as you put it), having unusual things happen (hair scene above), superb animation of movement which can be dancing or great fight choreography, emotion being really well animated, etc. A lot of shows get by on high production values and that isn't a surprise as this happens in movies, games, and basically all media. People like shit that looks good. If the story isn't good and as I mentioned it is not worth a rewatch, why would you buy blu-rays? Much less $350 blu-rays. For me to buy blu-rays it would have to be something I really want to rewatch. I don't own any blu-rays except Watchmen and I have FMA:Brotherhood and Berserk on DVD since those are the only 2 anime's I rewatch at least once a year because I find them to be truly fantastic. Hyouka would have to be a hell of a lot better for me to drop cash on it.

Honestly the movie mystery was kinda interesting though the end was very anti-climactic which makes all the mysteries fairly shit. It did the common anime thing where every time progress could have happened they have to back pedal and keep shit the same and mellow. The show is basically to sell Chitanda Eru , I can't see any other point to it. The creator of the anime likely couldn't create good mysteries so 90% of the time their isn't enough evidence to figure stuff out on your own so you have to wait for the MC to explain it and he never has enough evidence to prove his random theories. So in the end you just hear his speculation based on a couple pieces of evidence but no critical piece of evidence to bring it all together and have to call it fact. Every mystery ends with speculation without evidence or a confession, it is not a mystery. I have no issues the mysteries were mundane, but the fact they weren't really treated like real mysteries was my biggest issue. Any mystery that doesn't provide conclusive evidence and relies on bullshit is not a real mystery. It is simply a story where people are trying to figure shit out and you are along for the ride. Movies like that are often called 'suspense films' but those at least have tension and drama to keep you interested. Honestly I would have dropped the show if I hadn't simply had it as background while studying.

Also the MC is supposed to be profoundly lazy yet he is always getting dragged to do shit and isn't really that lazy other than not actively pursuing stuff till something gets brought to him. He is simply not proactive. The entire description of him is simply incorrect. They could have added a lot of comedy with antics like that but didn't.

If you like slice of life shows their is enough of that stuff in there to make it somewhat palatable and it has a few moments that are pretty good. Nothing special though 6/10 quality except animation which is 9/10.

Again, you're completely missing the point due to your tastes. The show is not about selling Chitanda. It IS about finding interest in little mundane curiosities. Anyone who is.actually curious about mundane things, how things work, out why things are the way they are should both understand Chitanda's curiosity and why the series is entertaining, because it satisfies that curiosity.

You just don't like it because your personality doesn't care about these small things
  • Mr.PaVy-RDMr.PaVy-RD Joined: Posts: 3,621
    edited February 2016
    im watching Jojos bizarre adventure and i have to ask....are any of these characters gay or is it the creator? the poses are way too fabulous and over the top lol
    I block better in Marvel than i do in Streetfighter :(

3s-Yang/Urien/Dudley
    Ae2012-Yun/Yang/Seth/Ryu/Cody/Dudley
    Your signature has been modifed, please read the rules.
    edited February 2016

Again, you're completely missing the point due to your tastes. The show is not about selling Chitanda. It IS about finding interest in little mundane curiosities. Anyone who is.actually curious about mundane things, how things work, out why things are the way they are should both understand Chitanda's curiosity and why the series is entertaining, because it satisfies that curiosity.

You just don't like it because your personality doesn't care about these small things

Because they are boring and a horrible premise for a show?

Like if the show wasn't kyoani eye candy no one would be splooging over it because of the wack dialogue or so called story?

If none of the character involved cute grills doing cute things no one would be marking this hard trying to explain why the show is legit in with this phony pseudo-intellectual psychobabble lol......nobody would even remember this nothing of a show if this poor dude hadn't tortured himself by going back to watch it......
    Mains:
    Mr.PaVy-RD wrote: »
    im watching Jojos bizarre adventure and i have to ask....are any of these characters gay or is it the creator? the poses are way too fabulous and over the top lol

You be the judge

Mains:
    So what you're saying is that if you didn't see Chris Hansen there you would be down to smash?

Nah, nice selective quoting there though.

I agree it doesn't fit my tastes, but it wasn't because the mysteries were about mundane things. I've read a lot of mysteries about finding out who stole cookies from the cookie jar or something equally mundane and enjoyed them. I just enjoy the mystery solving process and that is robbed from the viewer in a lot of scenario's by handwaving and MC magically figuring stuff out without anywhere near the evidence required to do so. They say 'he is a genius' when in reality it is just the writer hand waving stuff. In a good mystery the detective will come up with a speculative solution then 'eliminate the impossible' to find evidence that that must be what happened. Hyouka constantly stops at the speculation part and tells an interesting story you are supposed to take as fact.

I just feel it was more a slice of life show that explained oddities that happened around them more than a mystery show. You also have the obvious Sherlock / Watson corollary between the two main protaganists and the Watson's jealousy. Honestly only the helicopter mystery was really good since it had reasonable assumptions built in and they didn't end it in a confession because they didn't want to confront the teacher after realizing why he was most likely happy, that was a good mystery episode. I'm not saying you CAN'T like it, but if you are really into mysteries and that is why you want to watch it I'm not sure this will tickle your fancy. If you think NCIS is a mystery ... yeah it is more like that but maybe even a step down outside an 1 or 2 mysteries. The rest is slice of life stuff but without as much drama.
  • BubbledotjpgBubbledotjpg Joined: Posts: 255
    Mr.PaVy-RD wrote: »

tfw you'll never have buds to do fabulous poses with
    kro wrote: »

The name of those chapters, lol

Chapter 5 - May 8, I was touched by her
    Chapter 6 - May 15, I was strangled by her
    Chapter 7 - Time to Play
    Epilogue - May 22, I touched her
    ( •_•) IT'S NOT RAPE,
    ( •_•)>⌐■-■
    YEAAAAAAAAAAHHH!!
    "Orgasm is a simile for the emotional epiphany a woman has when the shame of penetration is eclipsed by the inherent virtue of servicing a man." ~ Kromo.
    ( •_•)
    ( ಠ_ಠ)
    ( ಥ_ಥ)
  • Rick RossRick Ross Niggaposi☆Continues Joined: Posts: 5,641

Don't encourage him to take drugs.

Are you forgetting that time he died from an Estradiol overdose?
    "I don't think women in video games and anime are hyper sexualized. I think they're Mexican women who occasionally speak Japanese." - Tekno Virus, sharing his words of ethnic wisdom.
  • <Insert Name Here><Insert Name Here> No wonder with people like me SRK Marvel is dead Joined: Posts: 7,940
    I thought Hyouka was cute but it couldn't interest me enough to watch past the first arc.
    Holy shit this is amazing
    Xrd: Axl || UMvC3: Magneto/Dante/Frank West
    Give me attention: @ LaziestNameEver
    PSN: Laziest_ID_Ever (I don't really play online)
    "3) LIMITLESS (myself) --Those of you who have played me, will agree with this.. By far the most aggressive safe/style Wolverine." - Limitless, 3rd best Wolvie player in the world
    edited February 2016
    Rick Ross wrote: »

Don't encourage him to take drugs.

Are you forgetting that time he died from an Estradiol overdose?

lol pls.....he couldn't even spell any of that shit with his meme reposting ass if it weren't for me.

http://forums.shoryuken.com/discussion/comment/10612287/#Comment_10612287
    Mains:

Aren't you going to tell us what it is about?
    I can't decipher these baffling Japanese titles.
    All proceeds will go the Hydro Acoustic Reverberance Mechanism (H.A.R.M Project)
    edited February 2016
    That's gotta be the single worst trend in japan right now........people that use run on sentences for novel titles should have parts of their body slowly frozen and then broken with a hammer and thawed out.
    Mains:
  • XthAtGAm3RGuYXXthAtGAm3RGuYX SRK's ResidentSleeper Joined: Posts: 11,896
    Yeah that shit also makes it a real pain in the ass to talk about the series, which ultimately hurts word of mouth spread of whatever manga/anime it is. Like one of my friends was trying to tell me about "Is it wrong to pick up girls in a dungeon?" and like a minute into the conversation he had to stop and figure out some kind of fucking shorthand for the title so he didnt have to keep saying a complete sentence to reference the show.
    Unchallenged owner of worst user name on SRK
    Yeah that shit also makes it a real pain in the ass to talk about the series, which ultimately hurts word of mouth spread of whatever manga/anime it is. Like one of my friends was trying to tell me about "Is it wrong to pick up girls in a dungeon?" and like a minute into the conversation he had to stop and figure out some kind of fucking shorthand for the title so he didnt have to keep saying a complete sentence to reference the show.

Well, the series is known as Danmachi for a reason.
    ( •_•) IT'S NOT RAPE,
    ( •_•)>⌐■-■
    YEAAAAAAAAAAHHH!!
    ( •_•)
    ( ಠ_ಠ)
    ( ಥ_ಥ)
    "Is it wrong to pick up girls in a dungeon?" and like a minute into the conversation he had to stop and figure out some kind of fucking shorthand for the title so he didnt have to keep saying a complete sentence to reference the show.
    He didn't have to figure anything out since Japan establishes shorthand pretty quickly.
    In this case Danmachi
    or
    Ore no Imōto ga Konna ni Kawaii Wake ga Nai is "Oreimo"
    or
    Kono Subarashii Sekai ni Shukufuku o! is "Konosuba".
    Hell, they call it Konosuba in the show itself.
  • Rick RossRick Ross Niggaposi☆Continues Joined: Posts: 5,641
    Kromo wrote: »
    "Is it wrong to pick up girls in a dungeon?" and like a minute into the conversation he had to stop and figure out some kind of fucking shorthand for the title so he didnt have to keep saying a complete sentence to reference the show.
    He didn't have to figure anything out since Japan establishes shorthand pretty quickly.
    In this case Danmachi
    or
    Ore no Imōto ga Konna ni Kawaii Wake ga Nai is "Oreimo"
    or
    Kono Subarashii Sekai ni Shukufuku o! is "Konosuba".
    Hell, they call it Konosuba in the show itself.
    I thought that the shorthand for 'Ore no Imōto ga Konna ni Kawaii Wake ga Nai' was 'Shit'.

No, that's the shorthand name for "Kousaka Kirino".

It's also the shorthand name for your favorite anime.
    "I don't think women in video games and anime are hyper sexualized. I think they're Mexican women who occasionally speak Japanese." - Tekno Virus, sharing his words of ethnic wisdom.
  • <Insert Name Here><Insert Name Here> No wonder with people like me SRK Marvel is dead Joined: Posts: 7,940
    Stop calling my waifu "Kirino Kousaka", she's not
    Xrd: Axl || UMvC3: Magneto/Dante/Frank West
    Give me attention: @ LaziestNameEver
    PSN: Laziest_ID_Ever (I don't really play online)
    "3) LIMITLESS (myself) --Those of you who have played me, will agree with this.. By far the most aggressive safe/style Wolverine." - Limitless, 3rd best Wolvie player in the world
  • XthAtGAm3RGuYXXthAtGAm3RGuYX SRK's ResidentSleeper Joined: Posts: 11,896
    Implying that we speak enough moonrunes to know that glorious nippon established a shorthand for it in a language we dont speak or know the show title by. Though I actually didnt know Oreimo was called anything else. I've always just heard it referred to as that.

Pro tip: If you need to develop a shorthand because your title is too long for conversation, do the smart thing and make a completely new, shorter title instead.

The title of Danmachi isn't even accurate to the fucking show.
    At least with "Ore no Imōto ga Konna ni Kawaii Wake ga Nai"(My Little Sister Can't Be This Cute), it kinda makes sense because the show is about some japanese rednecks deciding whether or not it's ok to fuck a sibling.

But with shit like "Danjon ni Deai o Motomeru no wa Machigatteiru Darō ka"(Is It Wrong to Try to Pick Up Girls in a Dungeon), that bullshit doesnt even make sense. This little albino nigga meets every girl in the series outside of the tower except for StoneFace McWhats-her-tits.
    Unchallenged owner of worst user name on SRK
    I can't complain about Oreimo, it has been a good source for h-doujins and h-cgs so it is all good in my book :tup:
    ( •_•) IT'S NOT RAPE,
    ( •_•)>⌐■-■
    YEAAAAAAAAAAHHH!!
    ( •_•)
    ( ಠ_ಠ)
    ( ಥ_ಥ)
    Any info on this anime?
    Death Parade
    ( •_•) IT'S NOT RAPE,
    ( •_•)>⌐■-■
    YEAAAAAAAAAAHHH!!
    ( •_•)
    ( ಠ_ಠ)
    ( ಥ_ಥ)