Anime & Manga Thread v.5 FAQ/IRC: See OP. Welcome to 2017.

Comments

• beesuitbeesuit Joined: Posts: 3,630
    Watch the Death Billard OVA. If you like what you see continue to the Death Parade series. Shits pretty good.
  • Spirit JuiceSpirit Juice 「HATES EVERYTHING」 Joined: Posts: 15,031 ✭✭✭✭✭ OG
    Hecatom wrote: »
    Any info on this anime?
    Death Parade

Haven't watched so someone correct me if I'm wrong. Basic premise is that people are die and are sent to purgatory, but they don't know they are dead. In purgatory they play death games with their partner to determine which of them are sent to heaven or hell. Supposed to be pretty good.
  • Ken34Ken34 a.k.a Mashima Taichi Joined: Posts: 7,124 ✭✭✭✭✭ OG
    Any info on this anime?
    Death Parade

death parade = GODLIKE!

a must watch.
    "True Strength is something Money and Credit cards cannot buy"
  • HecatomHecatom Aka Black Gorilla (・Д・)ノ Joined: Posts: 23,730
    giphy.gif
    Source?
    ( •_•) IT'S NOT RAPE,
    ( •_•)>⌐■-■
    IT'S SURPRISE SEX! (⌐■_■)
    YEAAAAAAAAAAHHH!!
    "Orgasm is a simile for the emotional epiphany a woman has when the shame of penetration is eclipsed by the inherent virtue of servicing a man." ~ Kromo.
    ( •_•)
    ( ಠ_ಠ)
    ( ಥ_ಥ)
  • AceKillahAceKillah behind the scenes Joined: Posts: 15,813
    looks like Shirobako
    "Smash is the Walmart of fighting games. There's nothing inherently wrong with Walmart, but damned if I don't want 95% of its clientele to burn to death." -Vynce
  • GasarakiGasaraki Joined: Posts: 8,811 ✭✭✭✭✭ OG
    Death Parade is an incredibly good anime.

And yeah, second gif is Shirobako, also a really damn good anime, and a great learning experience, frankly
  • Tekno VirusTekno Virus small man big strength Joined: Posts: 8,733
    edited February 2016
    Grimgar 6

Manato best bro
    Yume best waifu
    Mary a shitweetie
    The Gates of Creation are manifold. I vow to enter them all.
    Dellusions are inexhaustible.
    I vow to end them all.
    Sentient beings are numberless.
    I vow to save them all.

The Kree Way is SUPREME.
  • Sephiroth73003Sephiroth73003 Joined: Posts: 4,290
    edited February 2016
    Any info on this anime?
    Death Parade

Haven't watched so someone correct me if I'm wrong. Basic premise is that people are die and are sent to purgatory, but they don't know they are dead. In purgatory they play death games with their partner to determine which of them are sent to heaven or hell. Supposed to be pretty good.

Pretty much, but the two people also had to die at the same time and they generally forget most of their life also. So during the game memories of their life come back to them and eventually they remember how they died. As you can imagine two people dying at the same time are generally always involved in some incident together. Some even murdered by the other so you get a lot of drama.
    SF3: Makoto and Ken
  • NeesaNeesa Ric Flair drip go WOOO on a bitch. Joined: Posts: 7,136
    Yo...why is this season of Gintama have me crying... omfg.

14339669618604.gif
    "At the very least, Ana means that that one guy who runs Widowmaker and only Widowmaker can now play support." - d3v
    3DS FC: 0559-8183-6908
  • Rick RossRick Ross Niggaposi☆Continues Joined: Posts: 5,641
    When did Gintama get so serious?
    "I don't think women in video games and anime are hyper sexualized. I think they're Mexican women who occasionally speak Japanese." - Tekno Virus, sharing his words of ethnic wisdom.
  • PterodactylPterodactyl drenched in sauce Joined: Posts: 7,219
    The current arc in Prison School (I'm calling it the "battle boner" arc) is pretty fucking strong. This man's sacrifice shall not be forgotten:
    mA8ERqU.png
    LADQSTk.png
    ZcyW9oO.png
    NLpvT5b.png

http://imgur.com/a/85jCI
    spread'em
  • RoGE9RoGE9 Joined: Posts: 1,706
    When does Gintama even take itself seriously? I'll be honest I don't like the humor at all, almost feel like skipping to a part where it gets good.
  • KromoKromo Render unto Miku Joined: Posts: 6,245 ✭✭✭✭✭ OG
    Grimgar 6

Manato best bro
    Yume best waifu
    Mary a shitweetie

Manato is gone.
    Get over it.
    He died because he sucked.
    Mary lives because she is great.
    These are facts.
    Mad props to Zombie Lolerskates for the Av
    Voted poster of the year 4 years in a row! 2012 - 2015!
    All proceeds will go the Hydro Acoustic Reverberance Mechanism (H.A.R.M Project)
    Glory unto the Machine Goddess!
    Kromo wrote: »
    Grimgar 6

Manato best bro
    Yume best waifu
    Mary a shitweetie

Manato is gone.
    Get over it.
    These are facts.

giphy.gif
    I vow to end them all.
    I vow to save them all.

The Kree Way is SUPREME.
  • XthAtGAm3RGuYXXthAtGAm3RGuYX SRK's ResidentSleeper Joined: Posts: 11,926
    edited February 2016
    The current arc in Prison School (I'm calling it the "battle boner" arc) is pretty fucking strong. This man's sacrifice shall not be forgotten:
    mA8ERqU.png
    LADQSTk.png
    ZcyW9oO.png
    NLpvT5b.png

How often are chapters released? That looks relatively close to where I left off. Right around the part where
    Kiyoshi and Hana swapped underwear after that costume race thing. After watersports under the blanket.

EDIT: Also Prison School will always hold a special place in my heart for having made the smartest euphemism for vagina. Medusa. Because looking directly at it turns you to stone. 10/10 writing
    Unchallenged owner of worst user name on SRK
  • NeesaNeesa Ric Flair drip go WOOO on a bitch. Joined: Posts: 7,136
    RoGE9 wrote: »
    When does Gintama even take itself seriously? I'll be honest I don't like the humor at all, almost feel like skipping to a part where it gets good.

All the good arcs: Benizuka, Shinsegumi, Shogun and currently Farewell Shinsegumi arc are pretty serious and are taking themselves more seriously. Shogun Arc gave some more backstory on Gintoki (finally) and the 4 main Joi rebels.
    "At the very least, Ana means that that one guy who runs Widowmaker and only Widowmaker can now play support." - d3v
    3DS FC: 0559-8183-6908
  • angelpalmangelpalm Stop enjoying things Joined: Posts: 24,348 ✭✭✭✭✭ OG
    Grimgar 6

Manato best bro
    Yume best waifu
    Mary a shitweetie

Manato is gone.
    Get over it.
    These are facts.

If she was so great how come she let her party get wiped....what a worthless bitch.......
    Mains:
    Blazpoo -Continual Shit: Tiddy Witch
    Crapcom Big foot Sex simulator V - Pc muscle mod edition: That dude that slaps his ass.
    Aggressors of Koliseum Kombat: Kisarah
    Rapelay: Kimura
    https://www.nytimes.com/2017/09/19/opinion/alt-right-white-supremacy-undercover.html?smid=tw-share
    http://helloracist.com/
    angelpalm wrote: »
    Grimgar 6

Manato best bro
    Yume best waifu
    Mary a shitweetie

Manato is gone.
    Get over it.
    These are facts.

If she was so great how come she let her party get wiped....what a worthless bitch.......

Also, she wasn't even the team leader so. Whoever that was got everybody killed.
    They deserved it.

She carried her team into high level dungeons. What did Manato do? Take them to a level one area and get killed? Get drunk every night at the tavern? Great leadership. Oh, well at least he got them their badges. Oh wait no...They are STILL stuck fighting Goblins.
    What a useless drunk.

Death is the wage of all parties not compromised entirely of cute girls
    All proceeds will go the Hydro Acoustic Reverberance Mechanism (H.A.R.M Project)
  • PterodactylPterodactyl drenched in sauce Joined: Posts: 7,219
    mA8ERqU.png
    LADQSTk.png
    ZcyW9oO.png
    NLpvT5b.png

How often are chapters released? That looks relatively close to where I left off. Right around the part where
    Kiyoshi and Hana swapped underwear after that costume race thing. After watersports under the blanket.

EDIT: Also Prison School will always hold a special place in my heart for having made the smartest euphemism for vagina. Medusa. Because looking directly at it turns you to stone. 10/10 writing

Chapters are about every week, usually.
    spread'em
  • ReticentlyReticently Joined: Posts: 4,095
    Well, to give Manato SOME credit- he was a memory wiped noob leading memory wiped noobs. Not to mention that the other party that started as the same time as them basically drafted all the physically talented people.

Hard to know how far or quickly anybody would progress if thrown in that scenario. Shit, nobody even bothered to explain to them that there isn't any resurrection. Not exactly setting new recruits up to succeed.

They're so mind wiped I don't even know if it's fair to expect them to remember fantasy RPG tropes.
    AceKillah wrote: »
    looks like Shirobako

It is Shirobako.
    Shirobako is fantastic and everybody should watch it.

Recently picked up the first volume on blu ray.
  • rehreh (ノ◕ヮ◕)ノ*:・゚✧ (=‿‿= ✿) Joined: Posts: 1,309
    edited February 2016
    Aaaaand another genius episode for KonoSuba.
    Wow. How could this show fly under my radar before I watched the 1st episode?
    EhiRKuy.png
    Too wacky, too good, Megumin #1.
    ༼╬ ͡°益°༽╯彡 Dorya!
    angelpalm wrote: »
    Grimgar 6

Manato best bro
    Yume best waifu
    Mary a shitweetie

Manato is gone.
    Get over it.
    These are facts.

Also, she wasn't even the team leader so. Whoever that was got everybody killed.
    They deserved it.

She carried her team into high level dungeons. What did Manato do? Take them to a level one area and get killed? Get drunk every night at the tavern? Great leadership. Oh, well at least he got them their badges. Oh wait no...They are STILL stuck fighting Goblins.
    What a useless drunk.

Death is the wage of all parties not compromised entirely of cute girls

She was a useless heal bot which is about the worst thing a tier one mother fucking cleric can aspire to be, one that didn't even know her own limitations at that and gassed up her party by making them think they were invincible....meanwhile Manato was like I said.....basically the whole package in a party filled with shitty gimped players that do stuff like pick ranger and focus on one hand fighting with light weapons(bitch at least use two knives or a fucking two handed sword like the other dude) instead of being an leet archer.....and then you got the other wack ass so called rogue that is her carbon copy, that uses backstab on dudes that already knows he's there. Did he learn nothing of sneaking while training with that walking pair of tits? Between just the two of them they should have been able to go rambo on those goblins with nothing more than her bow and some pointy sticks.

I like how the other tier 1 is fucking worthless.......I guess she is more like some wack ass sorceress type than an actual wizard because she is ass. Spends her time shooting tickle punches that cant even knock out goblins......barely learned what battlefield control is and picks the worst school to specialize in because it's dependent on both the environment and enemies that are effect by illusions and shit I am suspecting......terrible. Manato should have let one of them die instead but he had to be the bro of bros.

If Manato and whats her useless face were somehow able to switch places then the loser party would all be dead starting out meanwhile Manato would have kept the other party alive and been able to help them reach straight G status.

Notice how I didn't bring up the tank or the fighter kid(not sure what his really supposed to be, a fighter with a demon familiar? Potential debuffer, not bad) but they do their jobs fairly well for one dimensional classes. I would take them both under my wing and help them gain levels in classes that didn't suck ass so they could shit on them goblins.
    Mains:
    Crapcom Big foot Sex simulator V - Pc muscle mod edition: That dude that slaps his ass.
    https://www.nytimes.com/2017/09/19/opinion/alt-right-white-supremacy-undercover.html?smid=tw-share
  • GravityGravity Joined: Posts: 2,415
    Reticently wrote: »
    Well, to give Manato SOME credit- he was a memory wiped noob leading memory wiped noobs. Not to mention that the other party that started as the same time as them basically drafted all the physically talented people.

Hard to know how far or quickly anybody would progress if thrown in that scenario. Shit, nobody even bothered to explain to them that there isn't any resurrection. Not exactly setting new recruits up to succeed.

They're so mind wiped I don't even know if it's fair to expect them to remember fantasy RPG tropes.

You would think their guild masters, would spend more time training them, before sending them off to fight the goblin "horde."

:rofl: at this list and the Youtuber who did it.

Better than any Top 10 Fornever dude did.
    "I don't think women in video games and anime are hyper sexualized. I think they're Mexican women who occasionally speak Japanese." - Tekno Virus, sharing his words of ethnic wisdom.
  • krokro Joined: Posts: 712
    reh wrote: »
    Aaaaand another genius episode for KonoSuba.
    Wow. How could this show fly under my radar before I watched the 1st episode?
    EhiRKuy.png
    Too wacky, too good, Megumin #1.

M1uby8G.jpg

Check out the LN. It took exactly 6 episodes to get through volume 1 so it will likely end at volume 2. There are translations available up through volume 6.
  • rehreh (ノ◕ヮ◕)ノ*:・゚✧ (=‿‿= ✿) Joined: Posts: 1,309
    kro wrote: »
    Check out the LN. It took exactly 6 episodes to get through volume 1 so it will likely end at volume 2. There are translations available up through volume 6.
    I just don't know about LN/WNs, only one I read a bit more so far was Tate no Yuusha no Nariagari.
    They just don't work for me. B(
    ༼╬ ͡°益°༽╯彡 Dorya!
    Gonna have to give Shigatsu wa a try. I have feeling it's gonna make me cry like a little shit.
    I vow to end them all.
    I vow to save them all.

The Kree Way is SUPREME.
    I just don't know about LN/WNs, only one I read a bit more so far was Tate no Yuusha no Nariagari.

LN's are for losers......manga master race for lyfe yo!!
    Mains:
    Man, if any show needs to be longer it's Ooya-San.

Shits too moe, but it's too short. We only get 50 seconds of an actual show because the OP takes up 1/3's of the runtime.
  • krokro Joined: Posts: 712

Luckily the anime is pretty good and the comedy is done well. I just wish it had the budget to match up to all the cute LN illustrations.
  • BubbledotjpgBubbledotjpg Joined: Posts: 257
    Rick Ross wrote: »
    Man, if any show needs to be longer it's Ooya-San.

Shits too moe, but it's too short. We only get 50 seconds of an actual show because the OP takes up 1/3's of the runtime.

Never heard of it but it looks moe af and I'm going to watch it as soon as I get off work.
  • <Insert Name Here><Insert Name Here> No wonder with people like me SRK Marvel is dead Joined: Posts: 7,940
    Gonna have to give Shigatsu wa a try. I have feeling it's gonna make me cry like a little shit.
    Not a bad guess.
    Xrd: Axl || UMvC3: Magneto/Dante/Frank West
    Give me attention: @ LaziestNameEver
    PSN: Laziest_ID_Ever (I don't really play online)
    "3) LIMITLESS (myself) --Those of you who have played me, will agree with this.. By far the most aggressive safe/style Wolverine." - Limitless, 3rd best Wolvie player in the world
    wut wut wut?

• Legendary HoamaruLegendary Hoamaru Draxx them sclounst Joined: Posts: 2,954
    AOTS (Ass of the Season)

I just have to say bravo Japan :clap:. I had to save that one to the comp, only other time I do that is if I want to change avs lol.

TOWER OF GOD SHIT ABOUT TO GO DOWN

Baam about to put the hurt on White, who is a pretty fucked up villain. Dude became the King of two different territories just to manipulate them into killing each other so he could power up by eating their souls. Anytime they were close to peace he'd appear again and start another war, resulting in the death of over a billion people.
    aDnt8th.jpg?1

IT'S ALL ABOUT DAT YURI THOUGH. It's been like 2 years since we've seen her demolish someone. Train Conductor about to get that work!
    jWZzA6G.jpg?1
    P.O.P Hold it down ~ Donna Goudeau

XBL: Legend Hoamaru
    NNID: LegendHoamaru
  • Spirit JuiceSpirit Juice 「HATES EVERYTHING」 Joined: Posts: 15,031 ✭✭✭✭✭ OG
    Ken34 wrote: »
    wut wut wut?

Don't play mobage. They are wrong.
    Ken34 wrote: »
    wut wut wut?

Don't play mobage. They are wrong.

oh this is for a game? dam, thought it was a anime.