Anime & Manga Thread v.5 FAQ/IRC: See OP. Welcome to 2017.

Comments

• <Insert Name Here><Insert Name Here> No wonder with people like me SRK Marvel is dead Joined: Posts: 7,940
    Remember when Fire Emblem wasn't about waifus

Anime ruined video games. What's next?
    Xrd: Axl || UMvC3: Magneto/Dante/Frank West
    Give me attention: @ LaziestNameEver
    PSN: Laziest_ID_Ever (I don't really play online)
    "3) LIMITLESS (myself) --Those of you who have played me, will agree with this.. By far the most aggressive safe/style Wolverine." - Limitless, 3rd best Wolvie player in the world
  • Tekno VirusTekno Virus small man big strength Joined: Posts: 8,694
    genei-10-e1444209620759.jpg

Fire Emblem: Scourge of the Waifus
    The Gates of Creation are manifold. I vow to enter them all.
    Dellusions are inexhaustible.
    I vow to end them all.
    Sentient beings are numberless.
    I vow to save them all.

The Kree Way is SUPREME.
  • <Insert Name Here><Insert Name Here> No wonder with people like me SRK Marvel is dead Joined: Posts: 7,940
    edited February 2016
    TFW when '16ers won't ever get to know the true waifus

latest?cb=20151015012735
    "3) LIMITLESS (myself) --Those of you who have played me, will agree with this.. By far the most aggressive safe/style Wolverine." - Limitless, 3rd best Wolvie player in the world
  • BiousBious Seasons Greetings Joined: Posts: 11,453
    Children hush.

5092-752141921.png
    ░░░░░░░░░░▄▄█▀▀▄░░░░
    ░░░░░░░░▄█████▄▄█▄░░░░
    ░░░░░▄▄▄▀██████▄▄██░░░░
    ░░▄██░░█░█▀░░▄▄▀█░█░░░▄▄▄▄
    ▄█████░░██░░░▀▀░▀░█▀▀██▀▀▀█▀▄
    █████░█░░▀█░▀▀▀▀▄▀░░░███████▀
    ░▀▀█▄░██▄▄░▀▀▀▀█▀▀▀▀▀░▀▀▀▀
    ░▄████████▀▀▀▄▀░░░░
    ██████░▀▀█▄░░░█▄░░░░
    ░▀▀▀▀█▄▄▀░██████▄░░░░
    ░░░░░░░░░█████████░░░░
    Preppy wrote: »
    Panda Express is an Asian plot to destroy your bowels. Winners Just Say No.
  • Shinkuu TatsumakiShinkuu Tatsumaki Joined: Posts: 6,890
    I really need to get a 3ds...
    Bious wrote: »
    Children hush.
    Geezer alert
  • PterodactylPterodactyl The time has come and so have I Joined: Posts: 7,200
    So, uh, Dragon Head.

Dragon_Head_01.jpg

I can't think of much else to compare it to but it's a good story, a real classic, about the end of at least a part of the world. That and human nature. Some action, some horror, some light romance, and a lot of psychological stuff. "Despair" is the word here, though "determination" is as well I guess. Pretty dark and gritty at times but not a constant downer(IMO).

I really liked the art style to this, really felt late 90's - early 2000's to me in a very specific way.
    spread'em
    Dragon Head was good for me for the first two volumes. I didn't quite like how the plot didn't really go anywhere.

Mai a shit. Yume best waifu
    I vow to end them all.
    I vow to save them all.

The Kree Way is SUPREME.
    The plot went exactly where it said it was going, and when it got there it ended. Which is pretty normal. Honestly the first two volumes had the least amount of plot movement.

I know a lot of people don't like how some things were left up in the air, or how it was merely a series about surviving and how people react to catastrophe, but I feel like that's kind of the point.
    spread'em
  • KromoKromo Render unto Miku Joined: Posts: 6,245 ✭✭✭✭✭ OG
    edited February 2016
    So got my No-Rin on bluray today (along with Hayate no Gotoku season 2, as well as Angel Blade and Nurse me). And, it got me wondering... Is it really too much to ask for 5.1 Japanese Audio? Obviously 5.1 isn't beyond you since 5.1 English audio is available. Not that I understand why anybody would use it, but still...

I bet the Japanese blu rays are in 5.1 (and admittedly, much more expensive) but you'd think they'd be pushing for the value added proposition on blu ray, since they offer, through their own streaming service, access to the show for less (No Rin became entirely available the day the blurays came out).

Is licensing it that expensive? Is it a technical issue? There has got to be enough space on the bluray for an extra audio track. Especially since they usually put 9 episodes on one disc and 3 on the other (which i always found goofy, why not just go 6 and 6? or 7 and 6 or whatever? There is no way the 20 minutes of commercials and "special features" is taking up all that extra space).
    Mad props to Zombie Lolerskates for the Av
    Voted poster of the year 4 years in a row! 2012 - 2015!
    All proceeds will go the Hydro Acoustic Reverberance Mechanism (H.A.R.M Project)
    Glory unto the Machine Goddess!
  • BiousBious Seasons Greetings Joined: Posts: 11,453
    Bious wrote: »
    Children hush.
    Geezer alert

Don't be mad you have trash Waifu game.
    ░░░░░░░░░░▄▄█▀▀▄░░░░
    ░░░░░░░░▄█████▄▄█▄░░░░
    ░░░░░▄▄▄▀██████▄▄██░░░░
    ░░▄██░░█░█▀░░▄▄▀█░█░░░▄▄▄▄
    ▄█████░░██░░░▀▀░▀░█▀▀██▀▀▀█▀▄
    █████░█░░▀█░▀▀▀▀▄▀░░░███████▀
    ░▀▀█▄░██▄▄░▀▀▀▀█▀▀▀▀▀░▀▀▀▀
    ░▄████████▀▀▀▄▀░░░░
    ██████░▀▀█▄░░░█▄░░░░
    ░▀▀▀▀█▄▄▀░██████▄░░░░
    ░░░░░░░░░█████████░░░░
    Preppy wrote: »
    Panda Express is an Asian plot to destroy your bowels. Winners Just Say No.
    0a7f518d1453cb6d4a8edf3353fcb0f8.jpg

44. Magnum-chan is best girl.
    spread'em
  • angelpalmangelpalm Stop enjoying things Joined: Posts: 24,070 ✭✭✭✭✭ OG
    Is that one of the peripherals for the new persona game?
    Mains:
    Blazpoo -Continual Shit: Tiddy Witch
    Crapcom Big foot Sex simulator V - Pc muscle mod edition: That dude that slaps his ass.
    Aggressors of Koliseum Kombat: Kisarah
    Rapelay: Kimura
    https://www.nytimes.com/2017/09/19/opinion/alt-right-white-supremacy-undercover.html?smid=tw-share
    http://helloracist.com/
  • Rick RossRick Ross Niggaposi☆Continues Joined: Posts: 5,641
    Glock-Sama has the best moving accuracy. :coffee:
    "I don't think women in video games and anime are hyper sexualized. I think they're Mexican women who occasionally speak Japanese." - Tekno Virus, sharing his words of ethnic wisdom.
    I'm not sure if that sounds more or less dumb than Akikan...
    spread'em
    I'm not sure if that sounds more or less dumb than Akikan...

It was much better than akikan.
    It is kind of in the same vein as Girls Und Panzer or C3 bu. Like a more poverty version of Strike Witches, or an ecchi version of Kantai Collection.
    Its cute girls and military hardware fetishism. What's not to like?
    It just the art a lot of the times isn't good enough to be great ecchi. Kanokon, Toloveru/Motto To Loveru and Softenni all had this problem. Good, but not great.It's like studio xebecs B team were on the job. For reference, Ladies vs Butlers, Maken Ki and To-Loveru Darkness all were much better ecchi, some good definition to those nipples. A lot of the earlier stuff if just nipple color and u shapes.
    Rick Ross wrote: »
    Kromo
    I don't get it.
    All proceeds will go the Hydro Acoustic Reverberance Mechanism (H.A.R.M Project)
  • Spirit JuiceSpirit Juice 「HATES EVERYTHING」 Joined: Posts: 15,017 ✭✭✭✭✭ OG
    Where the fuck is that Glock-sama pic from anyways?
  • IdunoIduno ...what to put here Joined: Posts: 5,280
    Think that's the Macross Frontier movie, seem to remember my mate showing me a scene with CGI cogs and she looks like she could be Sheryl in a costume.

Other girl was better. :coffee:
    “It's now very common to hear people say, 'I'm rather offended by that.' As if that gives them certain rights. It's actually nothing more... than a whine. 'I find that offensive.' It has no meaning; it has no purpose; it has no reason to be respected as a phrase. 'I am offended by that.' Well, so ****ing what."
    -Stephen Fry

"I know crackheads that could sneak into a house better than an 8th century shinobi."
    -Jimmy1200
  • Ken34Ken34 a.k.a Mashima Taichi Joined: Posts: 7,072 ✭✭✭✭✭ OG
    "True Strength is something Money and Credit cards cannot buy"
  • PsychobluePsychoblue the Conductor of the Hype Train Joined: Posts: 2,446
    I'm sure I'm preaching to the choir given how many KOF players there are in these forums, but any of you guys serious Saint Seiya heads? I finally had a chance to check it out after a decade of curiosity back in 2014 and I've been hooked ever since. For me I'm a main series purist, though: most of the spinoffs didn't hold my interest. Kind of surprised Toei hasn't put forward a Tokusatsu version of it after all of these years, the level of success it's had and how well-received the Sailor Moon Tokusatsu was when they put that on screen.
    Have you ever felt your cosmos?
    I vow to end them all.
    I vow to save them all.

The Kree Way is SUPREME.
  • Rick RossRick Ross Niggaposi☆Continues Joined: Posts: 5,641
    Not gon lie.

I would like to crawl up that Zentradi booty like a hamster.
    "I don't think women in video games and anime are hyper sexualized. I think they're Mexican women who occasionally speak Japanese." - Tekno Virus, sharing his words of ethnic wisdom.
  • Ken34Ken34 a.k.a Mashima Taichi Joined: Posts: 7,072 ✭✭✭✭✭ OG
    just finished watching an older anime called Mars Daybreak, back when BONES was on fire. it was filled with the essence of BONES, while it was meh, i loved it anyways.

speaking of BONES, my favorite studio. they have been called upon to produce the new Full metal panic. im pretty sure none of us were actually holding our breath expecting kyoani to do it.

from the website it looks like the original creator and illustrator are on the staff for this. so far so good.
    http://fullmetal-panic.jp/
    "True Strength is something Money and Credit cards cannot buy"
  • IdunoIduno ...what to put here Joined: Posts: 5,280
    Rick Ross wrote: »
    Not gon lie.

I would like to crawl up that Zentradi booty like a hamster.

Hang on isn't the only regular named zentradi in Frontier the one who turns into a loli in her human sized form?

Ah...
    “It's now very common to hear people say, 'I'm rather offended by that.' As if that gives them certain rights. It's actually nothing more... than a whine. 'I find that offensive.' It has no meaning; it has no purpose; it has no reason to be respected as a phrase. 'I am offended by that.' Well, so ****ing what."
    -Stephen Fry

"I know crackheads that could sneak into a house better than an 8th century shinobi."
    -Jimmy1200
  • Spirit JuiceSpirit Juice 「HATES EVERYTHING」 Joined: Posts: 15,017 ✭✭✭✭✭ OG
    edited February 2016
    Klan-Klan was godlike. Too bad she turned into a loli when shrunk down to human size... Losing them curves was such a crime.
    Just picked up Deadman Wonderland.

Gosh this manga is a real fucking doozy.

JxFqmDA.jpg?1

So far this manga seems to love those 0-100 real quick moments.

Shoutouts to the first minor antagonist for literally being Balrog from Street Fighter, but in Super Jail.
    spread'em
    Gate 20:
    I am pretty sure they are going to completely miss the pedophile angle. Like, even his vice secretary was kind of suggesting that he should have chosen love over cold diplomacy. Then he risks pulling the country into a bloody and drawn out war because he is going to marry that girl? I mean, I really don't think he did it for moral reasons. If he was just concerned for her safety...he didn't have to hug her, and then hold her like that. Hell, he could have been like "Stop! I have approved that girl's request for asylum!" and you know...not risk political suicide by committing to marry a girl who hasn't had her first period yet.
    I figure its just going to be another example of showing how great Japan is, because they wait until they are 16 until they diddle kids.

Rewatched Ladies Vs Butlers.
    Man, that was a great show. There was some surprisingly nice cinematography here and there. And Flameheart was a surprisingly endearing character. I think it is because her straight faced, honest and animated character contrasts so nicely with Tomomi's cold, calculating evil. It is also kind of odd to see a drill haired girl be one of the "main" girls in the running, and not a disposable side character used only for the summer home or whatever. It's kind of a shame too, since they do look stupid, and she looks much, much better in the few scenes where her hair is down.
    The subs on this Anime Works (what? they and media blasters are still around?) blu ray are pretty spotty. I mean, most of the time its fine, but occasionally you get really, really poor translations that don't even make sense, like, they had two translators and one of them, English was a second language. It's most notable in the first and last episodes.
    Also, didn't include the legendary specials, which is a crying shame. Those were revolutionary.
    We did it Manato. We've become a good party.

Magic tits isn't wearing any panties either.
    I vow to end them all.
    I vow to save them all.

The Kree Way is SUPREME.
  • KilleyKilley Game Over Yeeeaaaahhhhh Joined: Posts: 5,560
    edited February 2016
    Man, that latest episode of Gundam.
    Foreshadowing Biscuit's death was too obvious the minute Orga told him they'll talk after they leave the island. It was reinforced when that other lady told him he has all the time to tell him.

I super hate it when animes do that shit. The foreshadowing techniques used are so obvious and it ends up removing any tension from the episode. You have to at least give it a few episodes before you kill said character rather than doing it in the same episode. At least mix it up a little instead of being too obvious about it.
    All posts made by Killey are intended for discerning readers. All views & opinions are subject to change without notice. Killey will not apologize for any misinterpretations of his posts.
  • Legendary HoamaruLegendary Hoamaru Draxx them sclounst Joined: Posts: 2,954
    TOWER OF GOD YOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

YURI IS THE FUCKING BEST

First she gets her DBZ on against the Ancient Observer
    iMIF6X0.png
    LFafkO3.png

Dude thought he was slick with the poison, SHE SAW THROUGH ALL DAT.

THEN
    iSATXKV.png

SHE LITERALLY BROKE THIS DUDES ARM AND NECK WITH ONE PUNCH?!?! YOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

Dude really though he could block that shit lol. Princesses of Jahad are on another level. Now it's time for Baam to school White.
    P.O.P Hold it down ~ Donna Goudeau

XBL: Legend Hoamaru
    NNID: LegendHoamaru
  • HecatomHecatom Aka Black Gorilla (・Д・)ノ Joined: Posts: 23,253
    Psychoblue wrote: »
    I'm sure I'm preaching to the choir given how many KOF players there are in these forums, but any of you guys serious Saint Seiya heads? I finally had a chance to check it out after a decade of curiosity back in 2014 and I've been hooked ever since. For me I'm a main series purist, though: most of the spinoffs didn't hold my interest. Kind of surprised Toei hasn't put forward a Tokusatsu version of it after all of these years, the level of success it's had and how well-received the Sailor Moon Tokusatsu was when they put that on screen.

Saint Seiya is HUGEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE on latin america, only rivailed by DB/DBZ
    You can bet your ass that i am a fucking fan of it.
    Outside all the spinoffs i have tio say that Lost Canvas is my favorite.
    The only thing that i liked of Omega was that Ikki's badassery was outrigt stated on it, not that anyone who is paying attention wouldn't know.
    ( •_•) IT'S NOT RAPE,
    ( •_•)>⌐■-■
    IT'S SURPRISE SEX! (⌐■_■)
    YEAAAAAAAAAAHHH!!
    "Orgasm is a simile for the emotional epiphany a woman has when the shame of penetration is eclipsed by the inherent virtue of servicing a man." ~ Kromo.
    ( •_•)
    ( ಠ_ಠ)
    ( ಥ_ಥ)