Anime & Manga Thread v.5 FAQ/IRC: See OP. Welcome to 2017.

Comments

• krokro Joined: Posts: 712
    I'd recommend watching the two Nanoha movie remakes instead of watching the series. The battles look amazing and nothing important is skipped. It's a battle shonen disguised as a magical girl anime.
  • IdunoIduno ...what to put here Joined: Posts: 5,367
    Nah I'd say watch the first movie then the second series first movie is straight up better than 1st series because it cut a fair amount of filler but 2nd series was great all the way through.
    “It's now very common to hear people say, 'I'm rather offended by that.' As if that gives them certain rights. It's actually nothing more... than a whine. 'I find that offensive.' It has no meaning; it has no purpose; it has no reason to be respected as a phrase. 'I am offended by that.' Well, so ****ing what."
    -Stephen Fry

"I know crackheads that could sneak into a house better than an 8th century shinobi."
    -Jimmy1200
  • KromoKromo Render unto Miku Joined: Posts: 6,245 ✭✭✭✭✭ OG
    No. Watch the series AND the movies.
    Mad props to Zombie Lolerskates for the Av
    Voted poster of the year 4 years in a row! 2012 - 2015!
    All proceeds will go the Hydro Acoustic Reverberance Mechanism (H.A.R.M Project)
    Glory unto the Machine Goddess!
  • KromoKromo Render unto Miku Joined: Posts: 6,245 ✭✭✭✭✭ OG
    Haruta & Chika
    The logic in this show is just baffling. Like, none of them even batted an eye when it turned out that lady's first love poisoned and killed 8 people for unknown reasons. Then the mystery in the next episode is that, the teacher is suspended because he is being blackmailed by a student who took a picture of a junior teachers tattoo with an IR camera. None of the mysteries in this show can be figured out by normal human beings. These kids are like Sherlock Holmes on meth. This would be fine if it also wasn't a pretty normal, slice of life band anime, which just makes it jarring when they solve the riddle of the insane millionaire who was filling the walls of his house with coins (because it was actually a giant piggy bank) or the geologist who discovered a giant gem at the site of a pirate radio station...then go back to worry about grades or practicing before the big band contest.

Chika is great though.
    Mad props to Zombie Lolerskates for the Av
    Voted poster of the year 4 years in a row! 2012 - 2015!
    All proceeds will go the Hydro Acoustic Reverberance Mechanism (H.A.R.M Project)
    Glory unto the Machine Goddess!
  • Maria CroftMaria Croft Joined: Posts: 926
    New teaser for the third season of Sailor Moon Crystal:

About the only good thing you can say about the first two story arcs is that they had an amazing ost.
    The third arc is seen as the best arc of the original anime by most of the fandom.
    So let's see if they can redeem themselves.
    From the job Toei are doing on Dragonball Super, don't expect them to redeem themselves, they'll knock shitty animation out on the cheap and *maybe* fix it for the blu-rays.
    “It's now very common to hear people say, 'I'm rather offended by that.' As if that gives them certain rights. It's actually nothing more... than a whine. 'I find that offensive.' It has no meaning; it has no purpose; it has no reason to be respected as a phrase. 'I am offended by that.' Well, so ****ing what."
    -Stephen Fry

"I know crackheads that could sneak into a house better than an 8th century shinobi."
    -Jimmy1200
  • Ken34Ken34 a.k.a Mashima Taichi Joined: Posts: 7,128 ✭✭✭✭✭ OG
    Pretty sure NO ONE gives a shit about Sailor Moon Crystal anymore. Shit is a disaster.

as much as it hurts my heart to agree with this...it is true :/
    kro wrote: »
    I'd recommend watching the two Nanoha movie remakes instead of watching the series. The battles look amazing and nothing important is skipped. It's a battle shonen disguised as a magical girl anime.
    Iduno wrote: »
    Nah I'd say watch the first movie then the second series first movie is straight up better than 1st series because it cut a fair amount of filler but 2nd series was great all the way through.

i already watched the first season, im half way through As right now. ill probably go back and watch the movies at a later date.
    beesuit wrote: »
    Watch it dubbed

lol
    "True Strength is something Money and Credit cards cannot buy"
  • Tekno VirusTekno Virus small man big strength Joined: Posts: 8,737
    I want Thief Master to sit one me too. T__T I don't think my wife, Yume, would appreciate that though.
    The Gates of Creation are manifold. I vow to enter them all.
    Dellusions are inexhaustible.
    I vow to end them all.
    Sentient beings are numberless.
    I vow to save them all.

The Kree Way is SUPREME.
  • Kinniku BusterKinniku Buster KIMO! KIMO! KIMO! Joined: Posts: 9,274
    I care. :(

damn my love for sailor moon.
    Peace to the Mountain
    Amiibo Aficionado

Negro Install

The sky's fallin', baby, drop that ass 'fore it crash.

Currently Playing -Steven Universe: Save the Light (PS4), Super Mario Odyssey (Switch)
    Currently Reading - Rick and Morty (Oni Press), TMNT (IDW)
    Currently Watching (Animated) - Ducktales (2017), We Bare Bears
    Currently Watching (Live Action) - Sons of Anarchy

• Negative-Zer0Negative-Zer0 Joined: Posts: 9,704
    Fans in Japan and America need to not engage financially with Toei anymore. If they won't provide a good show with quality animation, I see no reason why anyone should pay for their things anymore. Only then will they change their ways. People can wait for shows, but all Toei wants to do is pump out constant shit as quickly as possible to make money.
    “I was trying to take the easy way out by running away from everything. No matter the pain, I will keep living. So when I die, I'll feel I did the best I could.” - Koala
  • p.m novaroad pilotp.m novaroad pilot Joined: Posts: 2,603
    Now I haven't been keeping track of sailor moon but are we gonna see Neptune and Uranus
    Favorite lesbian couple off all time
  • NeesaNeesa Ric Flair drip go WOOO on a bitch. Joined: Posts: 7,136
    Easilyn wrote: »
    ojisan to marshmellow...that gif makes it look like rainbow the grappler might watch it.

It's cute. The episodes are online 3mins long. Been enjoying an abundant amount of anime shorts recently. Galko-chan episodes are only 7mins long. Bikini Warriors. Need I say more?

:bee:
    "At the very least, Ana means that that one guy who runs Widowmaker and only Widowmaker can now play support." - d3v
    3DS FC: 0559-8183-6908

Everything's gonna be daijobu.
    I vow to end them all.
    I vow to save them all.

The Kree Way is SUPREME.

This is the type of grappling partner I need.
    I vow to end them all.
    I vow to save them all.

The Kree Way is SUPREME.
    The reason Grimgar has so many insert songs is that the band/record label is helping to fund the anime.

I can forgive out of place insert songs though because Mary is a goddess. There's just something about her classiness and subtle intimacy with Haru that makes her ridiculously attractive. Also, those legs. Thank you for the service, director.

zaNJbV6.jpg
  • crucadescrucades Its a Kinda Bullshit Joined: Posts: 11,572
    Fs so Biscuit does end up dead, when is a fat dude gonna catch a break?
    "I was fighting from the day I was born!"

-Michael 'The Count' Bisping, Greatest MW Champion of all time
  • MechWarriorMechWarrior Joined: Posts: 5,718
    While Mary is hella cute, she's not the sort to be smug, but Yume is, and frankly, I want him to get smug-anime-face'd at. Hal x Mary(heh) < Haru x Yume tbh.
    XBL: MechWarriorNY
    edited March 2016
    Grimgar shipping
    Apparently affection develops between Haruhiro and Mary

I really like those insert songs. They're really nice.

CZfv0-pUYAES_uz.jpg:orig
    And also, posting no pantsu girl
    I vow to end them all.
    I vow to save them all.

The Kree Way is SUPREME.
    While Mary is hella cute, she's not the sort to be smug, but Yume is, and frankly, I want him to get smug-anime-face'd at. Hal x Mary(heh) < Haru x Yume tbh.

Yume is anything but smug. She's a pure, naive country girl that doesn't realize how much lust is building around her while she prances around with that ass.

Haru x Mary is pretty much set in stone at this point. Spoiler below is the only way Haru x Yume could exist.
    N77kjme.jpg
  • KilleyKilley Game Over Yeeeaaaahhhhh Joined: Posts: 5,560
    Random Anime thoughts:

Gundam:
    Biscuits confirmed dead though it was pretty much confirmed when the preview from the last episode should a bodybag with his hat on top. I'm still annoyed with the obvious foreshadowing of his death from the previous episode but I do appreciate his significant character development leading up to this point. It makes the impact of his death much more meaningful than one of those cannon fodder characters that show up in one episode and get 'development' so that their death has 'some' meaning.

I also appreciate that the episode was primarily the aftermath of Biscuit's death and mostly character self reflections. It does wonders for developing the deceased character and the rest of the cast even further. This is by far the strongest Gundam series for character development and I'm loving it.

I'm kind of hype that the series is actually going to my hometown of Edmonton. I was skeptical when they mentioned the city last episode but when Kudelia accurately pointed it out on a map I couldn't refute it. I'm pretty interested in seeing their interpretation of my city even though being heavily different wouldn't surprise me considering the timepiece of the story. Though the preview of the next episode had them fighting in Snow so it seemed pretty accurate already. lol They could be in Alaska during that point but I'll find out next episode.

Grimgar:
    The series might be too slow for some people but I'm enjoying the series thus far. It's still pretty slice-of-life in a fantasy setting, which is not what I was expecting from this type of genre. I am liking the character development thus far. From a story perspective this is probably one of the slowest progressing stories I've seen. There's been no answers to the questions that were raised from the first episode and I understand that's not the series main focus, at the moment. I'm wondering when they'll actually delve into characters pasts/memories and address how they arrived in Grimgar in the first place.

Dimension W:
    The last 2-3 episodes have been really good and is exactly what I've been looking for in the series. They're diving into some major plot points and answering questions about character connections. Lots of vital information that the series has been building up so it's been highly engaging.

Durarara!!x2 Ketsu:
    I think we're hitting the final stretch to the end of the series since we're pretty close to what seems like the final climax. There's a shit ton going on with every major player in the series, and all of these events are being tied together gradually. It's been a huge investment into the series (I think 10 years plus from when the series first aired) so I'm really looking forward to how everything goes down.
    Celty finally retrieving her head in the previous episode was pretty huge. Her losing her memories confirmed the suspicions of the cast but obviously done on purpose for future story interest between her and Shinra. I'm thinking they probably want to save that for the climax of this series.
    All posts made by Killey are intended for discerning readers. All views & opinions are subject to change without notice. Killey will not apologize for any misinterpretations of his posts.
  • BiousBious Seasons Greetings Joined: Posts: 11,627
    edited March 2016
    Wait, Relife got decent again?

*rereads*
    I fucking KNEW she was in ReLife.
    ░░░░░░░░░░▄▄█▀▀▄░░░░
    ░░░░░░░░▄█████▄▄█▄░░░░
    ░░░░░▄▄▄▀██████▄▄██░░░░
    ░░▄██░░█░█▀░░▄▄▀█░█░░░▄▄▄▄
    ▄█████░░██░░░▀▀░▀░█▀▀██▀▀▀█▀▄
    █████░█░░▀█░▀▀▀▀▄▀░░░███████▀
    ░▀▀█▄░██▄▄░▀▀▀▀█▀▀▀▀▀░▀▀▀▀
    ░▄████████▀▀▀▄▀░░░░
    ██████░▀▀█▄░░░█▄░░░░
    ░▀▀▀▀█▄▄▀░██████▄░░░░
    ░░░░░░░░░█████████░░░░
    Preppy wrote: »
    Panda Express is an Asian plot to destroy your bowels. Winners Just Say No.
  • Leon63Leon63 Joined: Posts: 9,775
    Don't even know what to watch anymore. Guess I'll try Canaan.
  • <Insert Name Here><Insert Name Here> No wonder with people like me SRK Marvel is dead Joined: Posts: 7,940
    Another day another Nina Tucker joke

Humans are disgusting
    Xrd: Axl || UMvC3: Magneto/Dante/Frank West
    Give me attention: @ LaziestNameEver
    PSN: Laziest_ID_Ever (I don't really play online)
    "3) LIMITLESS (myself) --Those of you who have played me, will agree with this.. By far the most aggressive safe/style Wolverine." - Limitless, 3rd best Wolvie player in the world
    I think that gif is older thsn Nina Tucker was meant to be in series when it was inspired at this point.
    -Stephen Fry

-Jimmy1200
  • PterodactylPterodactyl drenched in sauce Joined: Posts: 7,219

Humans are disgusting

fa2ce0b7b449efd2ed3752dfe7312af8.jpg

spread'em
  • AceKillahAceKillah behind the scenes Joined: Posts: 15,813
    Got interested in Baccano cause I liked the opening.

ended up watching the original 13 episodes over the course of 18 hours lol.

really good show. can't even decide best girl cause they were all good.
    "Smash is the Walmart of fighting games. There's nothing inherently wrong with Walmart, but damned if I don't want 95% of its clientele to burn to death." -Vynce
  • Leon63Leon63 Joined: Posts: 9,775
    The right answer is Chane.
  • Rick RossRick Ross Niggaposi☆Continues Joined: Posts: 5,641
    beesuit wrote: »

Humans are disgusting
    That's why Nina abandoned her humanity.

29cnzx2.gif

KIMI NO TE DE!

Damn it... I still need to finish Kinmoza.
    "I don't think women in video games and anime are hyper sexualized. I think they're Mexican women who occasionally speak Japanese." - Tekno Virus, sharing his words of ethnic wisdom.
    Dunno what took me do long to get onto Konosuba, like how the mc didn't just become gdlk because fantasy world.
    -Stephen Fry

-Jimmy1200
  • Nobus3r1Nobus3r1 #RiseUp? Joined: Posts: 5,401
    Iduno wrote: »
    Dunno what took me do long to get onto Konosuba, like how the mc didn't just become gdlk because fantasy world.
    I still find it amusing how the main character is, almost objectively, the most "normal" person in his party. Still kind of wish the show had anything resembling decent production values but given the choice between a good story and good animation I'm going to go with the former every time.
    House of Bane
    ID: 8V596
  • Kinniku BusterKinniku Buster KIMO! KIMO! KIMO! Joined: Posts: 9,274
    Haikyuu and Ace of the Diamond have been so good lately. The matches going on in both anime have been hype as fuck. Especially AotD. I need moooore.

Is there any news on when Yowamushi Pedal's new seasons starts?
    Peace to the Mountain
    Amiibo Aficionado

Negro Install

The sky's fallin', baby, drop that ass 'fore it crash.

Currently Playing -Steven Universe: Save the Light (PS4), Super Mario Odyssey (Switch)
    Currently Reading - Rick and Morty (Oni Press), TMNT (IDW)
    Currently Watching (Animated) - Ducktales (2017), We Bare Bears
    Currently Watching (Live Action) - Sons of Anarchy

She's miinne MIIIIIINNEEEE
    I vow to end them all.
    I vow to save them all.

The Kree Way is SUPREME.
  • FreezingCicadaFreezingCicada Joined: Posts: 626
    ^Airhead for a waifu.
    I can only imagine having to listen to her babble over nothing. I wonder how long it will take for rape/mindbreak doujins to come out.

Though I'm in the point of no return, might as well finish Grimgar once its done airing. Last episode NOTHING HAPPENED.
    Other then having the dude's teacher grind on him I cant remember anything notable.
    Kono Subarashii is pretty comfy show to watch.