Anime & Manga Thread v.5 FAQ/IRC: See OP. Welcome to 2017.

Comments

• Sephiroth73003Sephiroth73003 Joined: Posts: 4,285
    Finished Erased ... start off super interesting and end with a turd swirling in a toilet bowl. Jesus.

Worst season ever? Nothing besides Konosuba was even really watchable. Grimgar was bad. 1 somewhat passable series and no real killers for winter is kinda odd.
    SF3: Makoto and Ken
  • crucadescrucades Its a Kinda Bullshit Joined: Posts: 11,369
    That Active Raid finished? Good if so. Ended up so bad, I thought considerin they obviously spent a few bucks on the animation the show would be average at worst but turned out to be crazy doo doo.
    "I was fighting from the day I was born!"

-Michael 'The Count' Bisping, Greatest MW Champion of all time
  • AceKillahAceKillah behind the scenes Joined: Posts: 15,813
    throwing in my 2 cents girl of the season is either Hotaru from Dagashi or Mai/Koito from Phantom World.

excluding the IBO girls obviously.
    "Smash is the Walmart of fighting games. There's nothing inherently wrong with Walmart, but damned if I don't want 95% of its clientele to burn to death." -Vynce
  • EasilynEasilyn Inactive. Joined: Posts: 1,405
    edited March 2016
    Y'all found some gems, damn.
    Beautiful bones
    Fool cooly IG
    Sao 3 news
    Gundam thunderbolt
    Katanagatari
    marshmellow to ojisan
    Boku dake

For some reason though, I could not ride behind evangelion. I can not wrap my head around that franchise at all. It seems like it's supposed to be a set piece each episode.
    Evangelion is like a philosophically tuned, pitch black version of flcl.
    Then you have varying opinions on whether or not the films or the series is the right thing to watch.
    Then you have strong opinions on each side of the fence, ranging from it's genius to it's retarded.

Doa 5: Random Select.
    Ultra: Makoto/dudley/hugo/Oni/Cody/Guy/Honda/Poison.
    Mvc2: Random Select.
    Sf5: All the odd ones, no main
  • crucadescrucades Its a Kinda Bullshit Joined: Posts: 11,369
    Just saw the trailer for Erased on yt, gonna give it a try :bee:
    "I was fighting from the day I was born!"

-Michael 'The Count' Bisping, Greatest MW Champion of all time
  • ReticentlyReticently Joined: Posts: 3,853
    did love hina get a sequel?

Not that I ever heard of. There were a couple of OVAs after the main series ended, but they've been around forever so I imagine you know about them.

The author did move on to have two more successful series though- Mahou Sensei Negima, and UQ Holder. They're both hybrid shonen/harem series. Pretty good though not as charming as Love Hina.

UQ Holder is still ongoing, and is an indirect sequel to Negima- but you don't absolutely need to be familiar with Negima to follow it.
  • Tekno VirusTekno Virus small man big strength Joined: Posts: 8,667
    tumblr_o141gmiL0t1ta7pubo1_500.gif

Best Girl of the Season
    The Gates of Creation are manifold. I vow to enter them all.
    Dellusions are inexhaustible.
    I vow to end them all.
    Sentient beings are numberless.
    I vow to save them all.

The Kree Way is SUPREME.
  • Shinkuu TatsumakiShinkuu Tatsumaki Joined: Posts: 6,820
    edited March 2016
    Yeah I'm kind of disappointed with the way Erased ended. Also Hinazuki didn't grow up to be as cute.
  • Rick RossRick Ross Niggaposi☆Continues Joined: Posts: 5,641
    When you notice it...

zdqkING.png
    "I don't think women in video games and anime are hyper sexualized. I think they're Mexican women who occasionally speak Japanese." - Tekno Virus, sharing his words of ethnic wisdom.
  • crotchpunchacrotchpuncha Joined: Posts: 21,434
    15:15?
    It's not the end of the world, but you can see it from here.
  • Rick RossRick Ross Niggaposi☆Continues Joined: Posts: 5,641
    15:15?

Convert that to letters.
    "I don't think women in video games and anime are hyper sexualized. I think they're Mexican women who occasionally speak Japanese." - Tekno Virus, sharing his words of ethnic wisdom.
  • BlindknaggBlindknagg There's the truth of time and the truth of legend. Joined: Posts: 3,875
    It's just a clock.
    (> ̄▽ ̄)> nigga this
    nigga that
    <( ̄▽ ̄<)
  • AceKillahAceKillah behind the scenes Joined: Posts: 15,813
    isis?
    "Smash is the Walmart of fighting games. There's nothing inherently wrong with Walmart, but damned if I don't want 95% of its clientele to burn to death." -Vynce
  • XthAtGAm3RGuYXXthAtGAm3RGuYX SRK's ResidentSleeper Joined: Posts: 11,843
    FLCL sequel is gonna be ass. It's been years since it came out. They know what we're gonna be expecting from it, and they'll try to make that instead of something they want to make. It will suffer for it too. That kind of crazy "watch it 5 times through or you won't get the story" weird ass show isn't something you can replicate. You can't catch lightning in a bottle on purpose, especially twice. You just have to try it and hope it happens.
    Unchallenged owner of worst user name on SRK

AE: Juri(Main), Ken(work in progress)::::UMvC3: Felicia/Dante/Doom::::SkullGirls: Squigly/Fortune
    Not enough Dragonballs between all three of the shows to keep you unbanned - Pertho
  • MechWarriorMechWarrior Joined: Posts: 5,718
    Ceb6ImgWwAAk6lR.jpgCeb6I4ZW4AAaHT6.jpgCeb6I-3WEAAgBnV.jpgCeb6JDuWAAAx_Kv.jpg
    If you can't help but like a series where the day is saved by having the big bad get flexed on, then you're made of stone.
    Based Heroman.
    XBL: MechWarriorNY
  • Rioting SoulRioting Soul Joined: Posts: 4,877 ✭✭✭✭✭ OG
    All I wanted was Index III
  • Shinkuu TatsumakiShinkuu Tatsumaki Joined: Posts: 6,820
    Man I dropped Prince of Stride around ep 7 or 8 cuz it got super shounen. The main chars faced a team that toyed with them in the race, and then they unleashed their inner nos and just blew them out.
  • Negative-Zer0Negative-Zer0 Joined: Posts: 9,692

Best Girl of the Season

Show?
    “I was trying to take the easy way out by running away from everything. No matter the pain, I will keep living. So when I die, I'll feel I did the best I could.” - Koala
  • Tekno VirusTekno Virus small man big strength Joined: Posts: 8,667

Best Girl of the Season

Show?

Grimgar of Ash and Fantasy

It's Anime of the Year.
    The Gates of Creation are manifold. I vow to enter them all.
    Dellusions are inexhaustible.
    I vow to end them all.
    Sentient beings are numberless.
    I vow to save them all.

The Kree Way is SUPREME.
    beesuit wrote: »

These get me every single time, every single time.
  • SlurmzSlurmz I got John Blaze shit. Joined: Posts: 784
    edited March 2016

Best Girl of the Season

How can she be best girl of the season, when she isn't the best girl in the show?
    "So what's the reason for the hating, niggas with dreads/Calling they self gods with white girls named Caitlin/And I'm cool with interracial dating, but I ain't about/To hear no fucking speeches cause I wanna have some bacon" - Phonte
  • KromoKromo Render unto Miku Joined: Posts: 6,245 ✭✭✭✭✭ OG
    Gate 24
    We'll another season ended without any kind of credible threat or dramatic tension. Just roll up, kill an ogre and waltz out with the princess. It was even easier than usual since they didn't even bother trying to navigate the web of Japanese bureaucracy. They had to wheel out and dust off Itami's otakuness for a final bit of wacky hi-jinx and harem foreverness. I kind of forgot that was even part of his character. Also, I was expecting to see Tuka use a bow at least once in that damn show. Like, didn't they give her a bad ass compound bow too? What's gives?

Galko 12
    Turns out Otako was the main character all along.
    Mad props to Zombie Lolerskates for the Av
    Voted poster of the year 4 years in a row! 2012 - 2015!
    All proceeds will go the Hydro Acoustic Reverberance Mechanism (H.A.R.M Project)
    Glory unto the Machine Goddess!
  • Ken34Ken34 a.k.a Mashima Taichi Joined: Posts: 7,035 ✭✭✭✭✭ OG
    so they finally dropped a trailer for the 2nd season of bahamut, nice.
    "True Strength is something Money and Credit cards cannot buy"
  • ChiroChiro Not actually pronounced cheero Joined: Posts: 2,071
    Man I dropped Prince of Stride around ep 7 or 8 cuz it got super shounen. The main chars faced a team that toyed with them in the race, and then they unleashed their inner nos and just blew them out.

thats why you dropped it?

I stopped watching after I saw the cringe worthy dialougue.

Then I tried anouther episode somewhere in the middle and I realized they had no clue what the appeal of Parkour was. The guys would be running and the camera refused to show anything but then which meant it showed NOTHING about the actual obstacles until we the very second they did them. it ruined the action because it didn't set up any tension on "how are they going to get past this obstacle" utter funjoshis shit.

Bahamut?...The way it ended wasn't as open but fuck. Doesn't matter more bahamut.
    Flcl will be a sight to behold because it can be completely fucked up, or ends in the right direction.
  • Ken34Ken34 a.k.a Mashima Taichi Joined: Posts: 7,035 ✭✭✭✭✭ OG
    " And if thou gaze long into an abyss, the abyss will also gaze into thee.."

yo what is with anime using this quote so much lately? ive heard it in like 3 different anime ive seen this past week.
    "True Strength is something Money and Credit cards cannot buy"
  • crotchpunchacrotchpuncha Joined: Posts: 21,434
    Its easier to steal others insightful comments then to create your own?
    It's not the end of the world, but you can see it from here.
  • MechWarriorMechWarrior Joined: Posts: 5,718
    That quote by ol' Fred applies to Berserk more than just about anything else, so it being used like that is completely justified.
    XBL: MechWarriorNY
  • BiousBious Seasons Greetings Joined: Posts: 11,333
    Starting reading this smut about a man who has gone through life without ever having an erection starts getting uncontrollable raging boners.

I like it.
    ░░░░░░░░░░▄▄█▀▀▄░░░░
    ░░░░░░░░▄█████▄▄█▄░░░░
    ░░░░░▄▄▄▀██████▄▄██░░░░
    ░░▄██░░█░█▀░░▄▄▀█░█░░░▄▄▄▄
    ▄█████░░██░░░▀▀░▀░█▀▀██▀▀▀█▀▄
    █████░█░░▀█░▀▀▀▀▄▀░░░███████▀
    ░▀▀█▄░██▄▄░▀▀▀▀█▀▀▀▀▀░▀▀▀▀
    ░▄████████▀▀▀▄▀░░░░
    ██████░▀▀█▄░░░█▄░░░░
    ░▀▀▀▀█▄▄▀░██████▄░░░░
    ░░░░░░░░░█████████░░░░
    Preppy wrote: »
    Panda Express is an Asian plot to destroy your bowels. Winners Just Say No.
  • IdunoIduno ...what to put here Joined: Posts: 5,200
    Kromo wrote: »
    Gate 24
    We'll another season ended without any kind of credible threat or dramatic tension. Just roll up, kill an ogre and waltz out with the princess. It was even easier than usual since they didn't even bother trying to navigate the web of Japanese bureaucracy. They had to wheel out and dust off Itami's otakuness for a final bit of wacky hi-jinx and harem foreverness. I kind of forgot that was even part of his character. Also, I was expecting to see Tuka use a bow at least once in that damn show. Like, didn't they give her a bad ass compound bow too? What's gives?

Galko 12
    Turns out Otako was the main character all along.

Damn, yeah just saw ep 24 and yeah
    It's like yeah whats-his-name finally realised that perhaps they needed to use some op fantasy bullshit rather than just men with pointy bits of metal vs the SDF but the SDF got that broken fantasy shit on top of guns.

Tbh it's kind of been pissing me off that the SDF has been shown to use more fantasy bullshit through Leilei, Rory and Tuka then any fantasy world force that's come against it, like why the fuck is the empire not employing a shitton of orcs and mages and shit after having it proved to them over an over again that grunts with pointy things aren't working?
    “It's now very common to hear people say, 'I'm rather offended by that.' As if that gives them certain rights. It's actually nothing more... than a whine. 'I find that offensive.' It has no meaning; it has no purpose; it has no reason to be respected as a phrase. 'I am offended by that.' Well, so ****ing what."
    -Stephen Fry

"I know crackheads that could sneak into a house better than an 8th century shinobi."
    -Jimmy1200
  • WeechoWeecho Hardcore Lurker Joined: Posts: 1,011
    angelpalm wrote: »
    More Shingeki no Bahamut?

Fuck yes.

I have all thie episodes of this show on my computer and forgot. Need to watch this when I have some time.
  • Sephiroth73003Sephiroth73003 Joined: Posts: 4,285
    edited March 2016
    Did Dimension W ever pan out to be good? Only show that looked like it might have some potential that I didn't keep up with.
    Yeah I'm kind of disappointed with the way Erased ended. Also Hinazuki didn't grow up to be as cute.

What was creepy is she had the SAME head as when she was a kid. Like they just made her taller so Hinazuki looked really odd.
    Also the whole final episode needs to be flushed down a toilet as the whole detective v. criminal friendship shit doesn't work when they haven't had a significant hunter v. hunted relationship for most of the show where the hunter KNOWS who it is but has to prove / find them. He found out in the 3rd to last episode then saw him a little bit after that. They ended on a terrible cliche that had horrible execution. Oooo your SUCH a great detective when you can literally wind back time .... yeah ...
    SF3: Makoto and Ken
  • angelpalmangelpalm Stop enjoying things Joined: Posts: 23,689 ✭✭✭✭✭ OG
    Yeah I forgot all about dimension w lol.
    Mains:
    Blazpoo -Continual Shit: Tiddy Witch
    Crapcom Big foot Sex simulator V - Pc muscle mod edition: That dude that slaps his ass.
    Aggressors of Koliseum Kombat: Kisarah
    Rapelay: Kimura
    https://www.nytimes.com/2017/09/19/opinion/alt-right-white-supremacy-undercover.html?smid=tw-share
    http://helloracist.com/
  • SWBetaSWBeta Joined: Posts: 12,770
    Kromo wrote: »
    Xvideos wrote: »
    Will the manga even finish within my lifetime?
    Yes.
    After a long and drawn out battle, a mystical portal opens up and teleports Guts to a strange and distant land (modern day japan)
    He then puts down the sword and finds his true life's calling: nurturing the talents of young girls and making them into top idols.
    a2d6fb7.jpg

Time to follow @angelpalm 's lead and block the shit out of you. So mad my hands are shaking. Mad as fuck because I can actually see it happening. Fuck life.