Anime & Manga Thread v.5 FAQ/IRC: See OP. Welcome to 2017.

Comments

• IdunoIduno ...what to put here Joined: Posts: 5,013
    Damn it's Hideyoshi all over again lol.
    “It's now very common to hear people say, 'I'm rather offended by that.' As if that gives them certain rights. It's actually nothing more... than a whine. 'I find that offensive.' It has no meaning; it has no purpose; it has no reason to be respected as a phrase. 'I am offended by that.' Well, so ****ing what."
    -Stephen Fry

"I know crackheads that could sneak into a house better than an 8th century shinobi."
    -Jimmy1200
  • HawkingbirdHawkingbird I am thou...thou art I Joined: Posts: 25,398
    StockyJam wrote: »
    why am i only discovering the Castlevania anime just now?

Because it's not an anime. The studio behind Adventure Time produced it.
    PSN: Hawkingbird
    FC: 0834-1564-0151
    http://steamcommunity.com/id/runawayavenger
    SFV Lounge discord: https://discord.gg/Tp23Ccr
  • tataa8Ptataa8P tourney. banned. washed-up. veteran. Joined: Posts: 1,089 ✭✭✭✭✭ OG
    edited July 13
    not sure if this has been posted here about the latest chapter of AoT
    the story has ALMOST looped back to the start where Annie, Bertholt, Marcel and Reiner are to be deployed to "Paradis" island with their mission to find and recover the "Coordinate" from whoever was currently possessing the Titan power.
    it makes me feel sympathy for Reiner's posse knowing that they would sacrifice and suffer through so much just to fulfill their mission.
    38.png
    modern-day absolute truth™ :
    - Assumption is the Mother of all Fuck-Ups -
  • Spirit JuiceSpirit Juice 「HATES EVERYTHING」 Joined: Posts: 14,840 ✭✭✭✭✭ OG
    Ephidel wrote: »
    Youkoso Jitsuryoku = Baka Test. Subs are out. Kikyou tits are :3333

Lots of stacked girls in this show. Gimme dem teacher tiddy tho.

The style of animation seems pretty damn close to anime. Low FPS and art style make it look pretty anime to me. Either way, CV was pretty good and everyone should watch it.
  • GasarakiGasaraki Joined: Posts: 8,524 ✭✭✭✭✭ OG
    edited July 13

Lots of stacked girls in this show. Gimme dem teacher tiddy tho.

The style of animation seems pretty damn close to anime. Low FPS and art style make it look pretty anime to me. Either way, CV was pretty good and everyone should watch it.

Depends on your definition of "anime" then. For something without any Japanese production in it, intended for a non-Japanese market, I wouldn't call it anime. If you just consider it a style then I guess you could call it anime, but then there are tons of styles in anime so that seems kind of useless as a label if it's only style, IMO

Edit: Granted, Japanese people would call it anime, but that's because any and all animation, Japanese, Chinese, or from any other country is all called "anime" in Japan
    Leon63 wrote: »
    Never in my life have I gotten this trapped.
    0TxO64l.jpg
    Buying: Doujin where they make him a girl.

• AlterGenesisAlterGenesis new srk is trollin Joined: Posts: 3,456
    edited July 13
    Iduno wrote: »
    Damn it's Hideyoshi all over again lol.

But at least with Hideyoshi, you had a legitimate lookalike girl in Yuuko....

SO IT ALL WORKS OUT
    #ipressallthebuttons
    XBL: AlterGenesis
    PSN: AlterGenesisOP
  • StockyJamStockyJam Joined: Posts: 5,338
    edited July 13
    anybody have theories about who Kawaki is from the Boruto series?

i know his and Boruto's tats are actually curse marks....but who can this guy be? im not so interested in who he is as so much where he originated from and who is behind him/mentor.

edit:
    not to mention how he can be so boss as to body Naruto+Sasuke.
    anybody have theories about who Kawaki is from the Boruto series?

i know his and Boruto's tats are actually curse marks....but who can this guy be? im not so interested in who he is as so much where he originated from and who is behind him/mentor.

edit:
    not to mention how he can be so boss as to body Naruto+Sasuke.

Probably take it to the Naruto thread. There isn't that much shonen anime discussion. Less so of the biggest ones
  • EphidelEphidel Old Man SRK Joined: Posts: 14,699 ✭✭✭✭✭ OG
    edited July 14
    Who was watching Koi to Uso again? Ken? Might give this a shot and drop Aho Girl if it becomes stale.
    -Bulldancer
    You get to blaze medical marijuana in peace you lucky motherfucker. RIP bruv

-Javi
    02’s can never be OG
    Who was watching Koi to Uso again? Ken? Might give this a shot and drop Aho Girl if it becomes stale.

I don't watch it, but I read it
    Gasaraki wrote: »

How would you rate the manga?

-Bulldancer

-Javi
    02’s can never be OG

It's a shonen romance so expect slow developments. But, at least both of the lead females are actually really likable, and that actually makes it somewhat dramatic. Still, the setting makes developments happen faster than shit like Nisekoi and also unlike Nisekoi it doesn't resort to introducing a new female character constantly just to extend the plot
  • AlterGenesisAlterGenesis new srk is trollin Joined: Posts: 3,456
    edited July 14

I don't see Aho Girl getting any stronger 5 epds in, might need a new gimmick or drop.

Oh god, I hate the bubbly friend girl, I LOVE EVERYONE GIRL so much. I want to give her 623P right in the face...screw the tiddies.

Damn, so annoying.
    #ipressallthebuttons
    XBL: AlterGenesis
    PSN: AlterGenesisOP
  • Ken34Ken34 a.k.a Mashima Taichi Joined: Posts: 6,970 ✭✭✭✭✭ OG

i havent started the anime yet, i had started to read it, but then it got an anime announcement, so i decided to hold off until the anime is done.

It's a shonen romance so expect slow developments. But, at least both of the lead females are actually really likable, and that actually makes it somewhat dramatic. Still, the setting makes developments happen faster than shit like Nisekoi and also unlike Nisekoi it doesn't resort to introducing a new female character constantly just to extend the plot

cant wait to pick it up after i watch the anime.

i currently just finished Himegoto: Juukyuusai no Seifuku , that shit was wild.

have you read Oyasumi Punpun? it seems to be one of the highest ranked manga on MAL, was planning to read that next.
    "True Strength is something Money and Credit cards cannot buy"
  • Sephiroth73003Sephiroth73003 Joined: Posts: 4,278
    Teacher was flat the only decent character in the show so far, though it has some potential with the concepts.

Protaganist is either going to be batman or the most boring fucker ever, not sure which yet.
    SF3: Makoto and Ken
    I watched Gamers and the show has a girl that plays tournament level Guilty Gear and mains Elphelt. Instant waifu.
  • Rioting SoulRioting Soul Joined: Posts: 4,830 ✭✭✭✭✭ OG
    edited July 15
    I'm late but I marathoned Overlord yesterday.
    @Gasaraki
    You were right about me all those years ago.
    Ci5Iqiz.jpg

Seriously I'd love to rewatch Index/Railgun but have no idea how I'll do it lol

@Master_Chibi Did you find a way to rewatch yet? I have all seasons of both on my external.
    @Gasaraki
    Ci5Iqiz.jpg

Honestly bro I'm not sure what your talking about lol
  • beesuitbeesuit Joined: Posts: 3,526
    Hu dis?
  • Rioting SoulRioting Soul Joined: Posts: 4,830 ✭✭✭✭✭ OG
    @Gasaraki
    Ci5Iqiz.jpg

Honestly bro I'm not sure what your talking about lol

Haha, I meant when you brought to my attention my masochistic tendencies.
  • KurokunKurokun Joined: Posts: 1,890
    Gintama - PV teaser

http://www.siliconera.com/2017/07/14/gintamas-new-ps4-ps-vita-action-game-gets-teaser-trailer/
    Those of you familiar with Gintama are probably already used to the Yorozuya shenanigans, and have probably seen their “budget” moments when they feel like wasting time with a still frame, which is exactly how the teaser trailer starts out. You can head to the 3:35 mark of the video to get a first look at the new action game.
  • angelpalmangelpalm Do not fist the android grills!! Joined: Posts: 23,057 ✭✭✭✭✭ OG
    I wish Isekai Shokudou had a bigger budget as it's a nice show to chillax too. Made in Abyss is still really pretty looking.

Trolled the shit out of my girl with those 4 short ass episodes of Castelvania. That dude that voiced the priest needs to never work in the industry again.
    edited July 18

A really fucking insightful video about why there's so many high school settings. Which, to just paraphrase is that in Japan life fucking ends for the vast majority of people as soon as you start your career, which isn't really the same in America
  • angelpalmangelpalm Do not fist the android grills!! Joined: Posts: 23,057 ✭✭✭✭✭ OG
    Kakegurui is going to be the anime of the season for me. Yumeko is a goddess.
    Kakegurui is going to be the anime of the season for me. Yumeko is a goddess.

Where is your god now?

Lots of this going on this season
    Untitled.png
    -Bulldancer

-Javi
    02’s can never be OG
  • KaoriManabeKaoriManabe norcal Joined: Posts: 1,040
    im just here to say kakegurui is whack

worth logging in for
    swag bitch take a picture real hood nigga swagged up to the maximum 10 on my dick with that bitch on my dick
    im just here to say kakegurui is whack

worth logging in for

You're wack.
    edited July 19
    god dam Ciguatera was extremely disappointing to read, it started out so well, it was great, then slowly deteriorated and then that ending...so dumb.
    edited July 20
    beesuit wrote: »
    beesuit wrote: »
    This mango is better than the Daigo Dango mango.
    https://dynasty-scans.com/chapters/someday_well_get_there_ch01#1

Can't wait for the hand holding.

Sneak peek of Evo Japan
    https://dynasty-scans.com/chapters/someday_well_get_there_ch02
    https://dynasty-scans.com/chapters/someday_well_get_there_ch03

Off panel hand holding. How dare they.
    1t9b9k.png
    New Chapter is out.
    https://dynasty-scans.com/chapters/someday_well_get_there_ch04
    This mango is the King of Ironfist Mangos.
    jq2sf6.png
    I wonder if Welcome to the Ballroom is getting or going to get all the ridiculous hype that Yuri on Ice got?

Probably not since it doesn't seem to contain "that" element.
    angelpalm wrote: »
    I wonder if Welcome to the Ballroom is getting or going to get all the ridiculous hype that Yuri on Ice got?

I hope it does, it's a crazy good story, the animation is looking pretty good so far, and the art is great too

But yeah, none of that. Though I could see feminists getting angry about other stuff in later seasons if it gets that far lol
  • Kinniku BusterKinniku Buster KIMO! KIMO! KIMO! Joined: Posts: 8,792

I need some Welcome to the Ballroom socks to match my Yuri on Ice ones.

Don't judge me.
    Peace to the Mountain
    Amiibo Aficionado

Negro Install

The sky's fallin', baby, drop that ass 'fore it crash.

Currently Playing - Mario Kart 8 Deluxe (Switch), Splatoon 2 (Switch)
    Currently Reading - Rick and Morty (Onipress)
    Currently Watching (Animated) - Star vs. The Forces of Evil, We Bare Bears
    Currently Watching (Live Action) - GLOW

• KurokunKurokun Joined: Posts: 1,890
    Girls und Panzer: Dream Tank Match - teaser PV

http://gematsu.com/2017/07/girls-und-panzer-dream-tank-match-announced-ps4
    Girls und Panzer: Dream Tank Match promises tank activity with a Girls und Panzer-esque sense of presence and feeling of exhilaration.
    It will also support online battles. Further details have yet to be announced.
  • IdunoIduno ...what to put here Joined: Posts: 5,013
    Kurokun wrote: »

Girls und Panzer: Dream Tank Match promises tank activity with a Girls und Panzer-esque sense of presence and feeling of exhilaration.

Don't know much about the series but I think I saw a tank drift there.

Going all Deja Vu on fuckers whilst shooting in a tank sounds sick as fuck, definitely interested and if it gets a racing mode I'll import that shit with the quickness.

Damn want to play Tank Racer again now.
    “It's now very common to hear people say, 'I'm rather offended by that.' As if that gives them certain rights. It's actually nothing more... than a whine. 'I find that offensive.' It has no meaning; it has no purpose; it has no reason to be respected as a phrase. 'I am offended by that.' Well, so ****ing what."
    -Stephen Fry

"I know crackheads that could sneak into a house better than an 8th century shinobi."
    -Jimmy1200
    At first, I got excited thinking it was movie footage. Then I realised it was a game.
    UVC9pUB.gif
  • Shinkuu TatsumakiShinkuu Tatsumaki Joined: Posts: 6,699
    edited July 21

Ok now this is my kind of art.
    Post edited by Shinkuu Tatsumaki on
    edited July 22
    Iduno wrote: »
    Kurokun wrote: »

Don't know much about the series but I think I saw a tank drift there.

Going all Deja Vu on fuckers whilst shooting in a tank sounds sick as fuck, definitely interested and if it gets a racing mode I'll import that shit with the quickness.

Damn want to play Tank Racer again now.
    Girls und Panzer is great. High school girls make everything better. Watch it and have a good time.
    please dont fuck it up!! please dont fuck it up!! please dont fuck it up!! please dont fuck it up!! please dont fuck it up!! please dont fuck it up!! please dont fuck it up!! please dont fuck it up!! please dont fuck it up!!

1500460049-0a9c6176e29d0b26c17ce8f2ac49cbce.jpeg
    Basilisk: Kouga Ninpouchou' Receives Sequel Series
    An official website has opened on Wednesday announcing that the Basilisk series will receive a sequel manga and an accompanying TV anime adaptation titled Basilisk: Ouka Ninpouchou. The manga will be based on Masaki Yamada's sequel novel of the same name. Yamada will also write the manga with illustrations by Tatsuya Shihira, and will begin its serialization in the 34th issue of Weekly Young Magazine on July 24. The sequel will center around two elite ninjas of the Kouga and Iga clan, named as Hachirou and Hibiki, respectively.

Fuutarou Yamada has written the first novels of Basilisk in 1958 and 1959 as Kouga Ninpouchou (The Kouga Ninja Scrolls). It has been adapted into several live-action, manga, and anime series. Masaki Segawa drew the novel's 5-volume manga adaptation and was serialized in Young Magazine Uppers from February 2003 to June 2004. Kodansha Comics USA has released all volumes of the manga digitally in English in 2014. Studio Gonzo produced a 24-episode anime adaptation in 2005. In the same year, the manga has also inspired a live-action film titled Basilisk: Shinobi Heart Under Blade.

Official anime site: http://basilisk-ouka.jp/
    Official anime Twitter: @basiliskouka

Source: Comic Natalie
    Wow, I didn't know Basilisk was based on a 50s novel
  • ruthless_nashruthless_nash Joined: Posts: 2,021
    And Fairy Tail just ended if anyone wanted to know or cares.
  • Kinniku BusterKinniku Buster KIMO! KIMO! KIMO! Joined: Posts: 8,792
    And Fairy Tail just ended if anyone wanted to know or cares.

And the world becomes a slightly better place
    Peace to the Mountain
    Amiibo Aficionado

Negro Install

The sky's fallin', baby, drop that ass 'fore it crash.

Currently Playing - Mario Kart 8 Deluxe (Switch), Splatoon 2 (Switch)
    Currently Reading - Rick and Morty (Onipress)
    Currently Watching (Animated) - Star vs. The Forces of Evil, We Bare Bears
    Currently Watching (Live Action) - GLOW