Anime & Manga Thread v.5 FAQ/IRC: See OP. Welcome to 2017.

1488489490491492494»

Comments

• krokro Joined: Posts: 695
    High School dxd
    Infinite Stratos
    Absolute Duo
    Gakuen Toshi no Asterisk
    Rakudai Kishi no Cavalry
    Seiken Tsukai no World Break
    Seireitsukai no Blade Dance
    Shinmai Maou no Testament
    Kampfer
    Keijo

You can thank me later.
  • ChiroChiro Not actually pronounced cheero Joined: Posts: 1,968
    I finally got around to watching Your Name and dam my eyes are still watering. that's a good fucking movie and really not at all what I thought it was going to be. I'm glad I convinced myself to watch it before I eventually got hit by spoilers.

That combined with a binge session of Made in Abyss and it was a prettt good anime day.
  • LivewireXLivewireX Joined: Posts: 5,797
    I've gotta say, I got around to watching that BLAME! movie the other day, and that shit's weird. Apparently the manga was like 20 times weirder though.
  • EphidelEphidel Old Man SRK Joined: Posts: 14,739 ✭✭✭✭✭ OG
    Kakegurui 6 is out

A-Tier Youkoso Jitsuryoku
    jtz6s2h.jpg

ss_2017-08-09_at_11.58.41.jpg
    I'm sorry. Humor me!!
    Fightcade: Ephidel
  • WastedWasted Verbal Diarrhetic Joined: Posts: 5,794
    extra-thicc-58dbfe136a95b.png
    SFV: Ken, with THAT ORANGE COSTUME

I have nobody to play with, so I typically talk out of my ass.
  • beesuitbeesuit Joined: Posts: 3,549
    Entire second season of Owarimonogatari is out now. Stop fucking up and go watch the ending to the series.

Watch Kizu too if you've been living under a rock and havn't realised all three parts have been subbed now.

http://www.dailymotion.com/video/x5wr689
  • IdunoIduno ...what to put here Joined: Posts: 5,128
    Fucking problem with the monogatari series is it's so hard to tell where the fuck you left off because of the mess of different series names and OVAs.

Like I don't have a fucking clue if I'm actually up to date or not atm.
    “It's now very common to hear people say, 'I'm rather offended by that.' As if that gives them certain rights. It's actually nothing more... than a whine. 'I find that offensive.' It has no meaning; it has no purpose; it has no reason to be respected as a phrase. 'I am offended by that.' Well, so ****ing what."
    -Stephen Fry

"I know crackheads that could sneak into a house better than an 8th century shinobi."
    -Jimmy1200
    edited August 14
    After Bake I just wasn't interested in keeping up with it lol

Not saying Bake was bad, I love it actually.
    I'm sorry. Humor me!!
  • HawkingbirdHawkingbird I am thou...thou art I Joined: Posts: 25,690
    I haven't watched monogatari since the second series. I'll wait until everything has been adapted and watch in chronological order.
    PSN: Hawkingbird
    FC: 0834-1564-0151
    http://steamcommunity.com/id/runawayavenger
  • XthAtGAm3RGuYXXthAtGAm3RGuYX SRK's ResidentSleeper Joined: Posts: 11,760
    Problem with the series is they adapted shit out of order from what I can tell. I think the only one I finished was Nisemonogatari, then I went to watch another season and I had no idea what the fuck was happening. Felt like I missed an entire arc. I looked it up and apparently this is the chronological order

Bakemonogatari
    Kizumonogatari
    Nisemonogatari
    Nekomonogatari
    Monogatari second season
    Hanamonogatari
    Tsukimonogatari
    Owarimonogatari
    Koyomimonogatari
    Owarimonogatari second season.

I feel like in relation to catching an english audience, I think not having an easy English translation for the title probably hurt the series a bit. It doesn't help that the literal translation is some shit like
    "A story about monsters"
    "A story about a cat"
    Unchallenged owner of worst user name on SRK

AE: Juri(Main), Ken(work in progress)::::UMvC3: Felicia/Dante/Doom::::SkullGirls: Squigly/Fortune
    Not enough Dragonballs between all three of the shows to keep you unbanned - Pertho
  • crotchpunchacrotchpuncha Joined: Posts: 21,147
    Last one I watched was the one with the toothbrush scene lol.
    It's not the end of the world, but you can see it from here.
  • Shinkuu TatsumakiShinkuu Tatsumaki Joined: Posts: 6,728
    Last one I watched was the one with the toothbrush scene lol.

Lmao this is the same spot I stopped following the series.
  • DeathologyDeathology Joined: Posts: 501
    Problem with the series is they adapted shit out of order from what I can tell. I think the only one I finished was Nisemonogatari, then I went to watch another season and I had no idea what the fuck was happening. Felt like I missed an entire arc. I looked it up and apparently this is the chronological order

Bakemonogatari
    Kizumonogatari
    Nisemonogatari
    Nekomonogatari
    Monogatari second season
    Hanamonogatari
    Tsukimonogatari
    Owarimonogatari
    Koyomimonogatari
    Owarimonogatari second season.

I feel like in relation to catching an english audience, I think not having an easy English translation for the title probably hurt the series a bit. It doesn't help that the literal translation is some shit like
    "A story about monsters"
    "A story about a cat"

That's a recommended watch order, not a chronological order. Kizu is a prequel and takes place before Bake, though it doesn't make since to read it first. Hanamonogatari is way after Owari.

Here's an intended watch order and chronological order:
    Timeline_July_2017_v2.png
  • beesuitbeesuit Joined: Posts: 3,549
    Watch it the order it was released. The chart above is a good reference. It all falls into place the more u watch anyway. The only real timefuckery i found were the Hanekawa stories that did some street fighter levels of chronology (1 > zero > 2 > 4 > 5 > 3).
    I haven't watched monogatari since the second series. I'll wait until everything has been adapted and watch in chronological order.
    They've already reached the ending. There's no more waiting anymore.
    Latest episode of Gamers :lol: Gather all the pieces and blow that shit up.
  • rukawa_kaederukawa_kaede ({「決最終戦奥義」}) Joined: Posts: 3,401
    Why did the have to choose a Visual Novel rpg weebo looser for the main character of gamers?!

at least the romance part is going somewhere but I'm kind more interested on the members of the gaming club like the chick that plays fighting games

I hope I get to see her fight other people in arcades and she takes her shirt off ala poongko when she gets salty over losing, dude that would be awesome.

You guys do realize that video games are just the bait and the crappy love pentagon will be the main focus from here on out right? FGC girl and FPS dude haven't had more than a single line since the first episode.
  • GasarakiGasaraki Joined: Posts: 8,667 ✭✭✭✭✭ OG
    kro wrote: »
    You guys do realize that video games are just the bait and the crappy love pentagon will be the main focus from here on out right? FGC girl and FPS dude haven't had more than a single line since the first episode.

They aren't even in the opening. Shit should have been obvious as soon as you see that
    I want the normie to be the main character. He's easily the most likable character and the one pushing things forward.
  • Spirit JuiceSpirit Juice 「HATES EVERYTHING」 Joined: Posts: 14,899 ✭✭✭✭✭ OG
    Maybe Netoge was the best romcom about gamers. DEATH TO NORMIES.
  • Ken34Ken34 a.k.a Mashima Taichi Joined: Posts: 6,988 ✭✭✭✭✭ OG
    just finshed Re:Marina, cool little manga, the ending was pretty abrupt, but that aside it had titty which i know would make @Spirit Juice proud.

all these "Re:" titles though.....
    "True Strength is something Money and Credit cards cannot buy"
    Berserk x Idolmaster = OTP

vf97f1G.jpg

He's crying because Nico isn't from Idolmaster.
  • Spirit JuiceSpirit Juice 「HATES EVERYTHING」 Joined: Posts: 14,899 ✭✭✭✭✭ OG
    Whoops. Guess I mean Berserk x Idols = OTP.
    Wow just caught this weeks Gamers!! good stuff man.
    I'm sorry. Humor me!!
  • AlterGenesisAlterGenesis new srk is trollin Joined: Posts: 3,462
    edited August 21
    Gamers! is pretty trolly if you think about it. BB and P4A references?! HYPE

THIS GON BE GUD

but....lol nope...

LOVE PENTAGON INCOMING

3QxdENR.jpg

Oh well, it's okay, CAUSE ANIME! (it's sorta entertaining if you ignore the Gamers! part of it)
    #ipressallthebuttons
    XBL: AlterGenesis
    PSN: AlterGenesisOP
    Youkoso Jitsuryoku finally hits its beach episode. Ass and titties everywhere :3
    I'm sorry. Humor me!!