Anime & Manga Thread v.5 FAQ/IRC: See OP. Welcome to 2017.

Comments

• angelpalmangelpalm Stop enjoying things Joined: Posts: 24,457 ✭✭✭✭✭ OG
    Comparing a good show like My Hero Academia to Nayudo......

Apologize!!!!

reh wrote: »
    angelpalm wrote: »
    Lol this last episode of Juni Taisen. You can clearly see that the animators just really stopped giving a fuck. Can't say I blame them. All the glorious oppai is long gone.
    Just wondering, how do you rate your anime?
    Is it just the size of them anime tiddies? The way they are animated? The time the camera focuses on them? Are there extra points if clothes are shredded? Nudity mandatory?
    Is something like Freezing AOTS?

By some standards, Mahou Tsukai no Yome should really be AOTS. Titania's titans.

That was for sure a quality episode my friend. We only ever really got hints of that great oppai in Juni Taisen. Those hints weren't enough to keep anyone interested, not even the staff. Animation started out godlike and then turned into Sailor Moon Crystal. I would have dropped it a long while ago but I watch it only due to the fact that I am uploading it and looking to see what kind of trolling is going on in it.
    Mains:
    Blazpoo -Continual Shit: Tiddy Witch
    Crapcom Big foot Sex simulator V - Pc muscle mod edition: That dude that slaps his ass.
    Aggressors of Koliseum Kombat: Kisarah
    Rapelay: Kimura
    https://www.nytimes.com/2017/09/19/opinion/alt-right-white-supremacy-undercover.html?smid=tw-share
    http://helloracist.com/
  • XvideosXvideos Xvideos Joined: Posts: 3,332
    edited November 25
    kro wrote: »
    No time for families just get an AI waifu that helps you live a little more efficiently and keeps the loneliness at bay to curb the suicide rate.

I think it'd be even more devastating when they realize the very thing they feel connected to are just a bunch of codes with no sense of self-awareness. It's sad like talking to a television and think it actually talks back to you; I have seen people doing that, and they became more mentally ill over time.

Like, the only way it'd not be awkward is if the device you are talking to is an actual thinking conscious AI, but then in that scenario you'd be no better than a slavemaster for confining a conscious being to a life like that in the Ex Machina movie.
  • IdunoIduno ...what to put here Joined: Posts: 5,420
    Eh isn't it just essentially like a cross between that amazon thing that manages your electronics and nintendogs?

It's just a bit of fun, not something you get emotional about.
    “It's now very common to hear people say, 'I'm rather offended by that.' As if that gives them certain rights. It's actually nothing more... than a whine. 'I find that offensive.' It has no meaning; it has no purpose; it has no reason to be respected as a phrase. 'I am offended by that.' Well, so ****ing what."
    -Stephen Fry

"I know crackheads that could sneak into a house better than an 8th century shinobi."
    -Jimmy1200
  • locoghoullocoghoul Fuck Chun Joined: Posts: 4,141 ✭✭✭✭✭ OG
    New Saint Seiya manga next year, supposed to be a prequel on main series
    You want to enjoy your shit game? Go ahead. Just know that I will ALWAYS be here - po pimpus 2006-2017 RIP
  • rukawa_kaederukawa_kaede ({「決最終戦奥義」}) Joined: Posts: 3,507
    edited November 25

Gasaraki wrote: »
    Mr.PaVy-RD wrote: »
    is my hero academia any good? ive heard about it everywhere and even at work from grown ass men in their mid 30's lol

plus main character's love interest ochako is like a fusion of sakura and hinata, A++

How in the fuck is there ANY Sakura in Ochako?

I guess I can KIND OF see Hinata in the sense of being a bit shy when the topic of her liking the MC comes up, sort of, kind of...

She's cute and fierce like Sakura but she also has the kindness and intelligence of hinata, also those tits.
    locoghoul wrote: »

By main series what do you mean? I thought they have covered that up already.
    jae hoon wrote: »
    Affinity is just a rouge program sent out by the bot program known as Emil.
  • crotchpunchacrotchpuncha Joined: Posts: 22,091
    Xvideos wrote: »
    kro wrote: »
    No time for families just get an AI waifu that helps you live a little more efficiently and keeps the loneliness at bay to curb the suicide rate.

I think it'd be even more devastating when they realize the very thing they feel connected to are just a bunch of codes with no sense of self-awareness. It's sad like talking to a television and think it actually talks back to you; I have seen people doing that, and they became more mentally ill over time.

Like, the only way it'd not be awkward is if the device you are talking to is an actual thinking conscious AI, but then in that scenario you'd be no better than a slavemaster for confining a conscious being to a life like that in the Ex Machina movie.
    What on the 9 hells? Pretty sure every dude who bought the bitch in a box knows it's fake.
    It's not the end of the world, but you can see it from here.
  • PsychobluePsychoblue the Conductor of the Hype Train Joined: Posts: 2,923

Enough with the spinoffs, WHERE THE FUCK IS MY SAINT SEIYA TOKUSATSU!

You could play that shit straight Super Sentai and have absolutely zero deviance thematically from the original series.
  • GasarakiGasaraki Joined: Posts: 8,903 ✭✭✭✭✭ OG
    is my hero academia any good? ive heard about it everywhere and even at work from grown ass men in their mid 30's lol

plus main character's love interest ochako is like a fusion of sakura and hinata, A++

I guess I can KIND OF see Hinata in the sense of being a bit shy when the topic of her liking the MC comes up, sort of, kind of...

She's cute and fierce like Sakura but she also has the kindness and intelligence of hinata, also those tits.

That's some pretty shallow observations there bud.

it's supposed to be an Aiolos focused series where he guards a baby Athena.
    You want to enjoy your shit game? Go ahead. Just know that I will ALWAYS be here - po pimpus 2006-2017 RIP
  • DukeCDukeC Ultimate Waifu Joined: Posts: 4,427
    Meh. If they just made Lost Canvas adhere to Canon a little more closely I dont think anyone would complain really.
    Nintendo Network ID: DukeC318
    PSN: DukeC101
    Capcom Fighting Network ID for SFV: SarahWalker
  • Ken34Ken34 a.k.a Mashima Taichi Joined: Posts: 7,160 ✭✭✭✭✭ OG
    that is amazing fucking news!
    "True Strength is something Money and Credit cards cannot buy"
  • Spirit JuiceSpirit Juice 「HATES EVERYTHING」 Joined: Posts: 15,064 ✭✭✭✭✭ OG
    My Hero Academia is a good show

• RoGE9RoGE9 Joined: Posts: 1,711
    Where'd all these awesome shonen manga's come from? Dr. Stone, MHA and Promised Neverland are all fantastic reads for me so far.
    MHA is old news now bro but I have yet to read Dr Stone. I have heard positive things though. Wouldn't really consider The Promised Neverland a stolen though. It being in jump is weird. Great series.
    Mains:
    Crapcom Big foot Sex simulator V - Pc muscle mod edition: That dude that slaps his ass.
    https://www.nytimes.com/2017/09/19/opinion/alt-right-white-supremacy-undercover.html?smid=tw-share
  • Ken34Ken34 a.k.a Mashima Taichi Joined: Posts: 7,160 ✭✭✭✭✭ OG
    Chihayafuru Manga Has 'Important Announcement' on December 15

oh fuck, i know i shouldnt get excited, but i cant help it!!

plzzzzzzz be anime season 3!!!
    "True Strength is something Money and Credit cards cannot buy"
  • PastramiPastrami Delicious Deli Meat Joined: Posts: 260
    edited December 3
    Dr. Stone is pretty hilarious, I'm liking it a lot. I've always wondered what it would take for humanity to get modern technology if sent back to the stone age.
    I've been reading Shokugeki no Souma for about a year now and I still can't get over those scenes where their clothes explodes off when they get a food-gasm XD
    From latest chapter: http://readms.net/r/shokugeki_no_souma/242/4744/15
    [♥slimey... yet satisfying♥]
  • KillaFoxKillaFox I wish a nigga would on every candle. Joined: Posts: 2,260 ✭✭✭✭ Junior OG
    Dr.stone was kinda meh for me at first, but it wasn’t bad so I kept reading. Thankfully I did, some of the comedy is pure gold and I’ve laughed out loud multiple times.

And Science, it actually uses real science and not made of shonen bullshit. I’d recommend to anyone who is wanting something different.

• Sephiroth73003Sephiroth73003 Joined: Posts: 4,291
    beesuit wrote: »
    Will you still waifu?
    http://moetron.news/post/168065646960/back-street-girls-tv-anime-has-been-announced
    “A group of 3 yakuza failed their boss for the last time. After messing up an important job, the boss gave them 2 choices: Honorably committing suicide, or go to Thailand to get a sex reassignment surgery in order to become “female” idols. After a gruesome year long training to become idols, they successfully debut, with overwhelming popularity, much to their dismay. This is where their tragedy truly begins.“
    30s7pf8.jpg

This makes me miss the WTF button
    SF3: Makoto and Ken
  • Spirit JuiceSpirit Juice 「HATES EVERYTHING」 Joined: Posts: 15,064 ✭✭✭✭✭ OG
    Kurokun wrote: »
    Ken34 wrote: »
    Chihayafuru Manga Has 'Important Announcement' on December 15

oh fuck, i know i shouldnt get excited, but i cant help it!!

plzzzzzzz be anime season 3!!!

6df.gif

This GIF will never get old.
  • ruthless_nashruthless_nash Joined: Posts: 2,216
    Anyone reading Gashros the artwork looks familiar. Like the guy who did cvs2 capcom side art
  • rehreh (ノ◕ヮ◕)ノ*:・゚✧ (=‿‿= ✿) Joined: Posts: 1,318
    edited December 6
    Anyone reading Gashros the artwork looks familiar. Like the guy who did cvs2 capcom side art
    It's from the same artist that made Kamisama no Iutoori (Ni) (As the god's will, playing games of life and death), quite recognizable style.
    At least that's from where I know it. We're still a dozen of chapters behind.
    ༼╬ ͡°益°༽╯彡 Dorya!
  • XthAtGAm3RGuYXXthAtGAm3RGuYX SRK's ResidentSleeper Joined: Posts: 11,952
    Will you still waifu?
    http://moetron.news/post/168065646960/back-street-girls-tv-anime-has-been-announced
    “A group of 3 yakuza failed their boss for the last time. After messing up an important job, the boss gave them 2 choices: Honorably committing suicide, or go to Thailand to get a sex reassignment surgery in order to become “female” idols. After a gruesome year long training to become idols, they successfully debut, with overwhelming popularity, much to their dismay. This is where their tragedy truly begins.“
    Snip

Don't get me wrong that premise is really fucking weird, but could have potential to be some really deep shit about self identity stuff. Not sure how but I'm sure a talented author would be able to make something of that.

Plus there might be some fun scenes of these transgender ex-yakuza characters beating the shit out of molestors/thugs and slipping into their old personalities in a fight.
    Unchallenged owner of worst user name on SRK
  • beesuitbeesuit Joined: Posts: 3,648
    Will you still waifu?
    30s7pf8.jpg

This makes me miss the WTF button
    No you don't.
    You're going to find doujins and then afterwards you're going to cry yourself to sleep with tears of joy. No WTF buttons to miss, here.
    50pav6.jpg
  • AllDayDreaminAllDayDreamin Joined: Posts: 31
    The only anime I've liked this season so far is Juuni Taisen. Really hoping to see Tokyo Ghoul or One Punch Man season 2s in 2018.
    Juuni Taisen is shit just like you Gaffer
    Mains:
  • Nobus3r1Nobus3r1 #RiseUp? Joined: Posts: 5,501
    So Ra No Wo To worth watchin? Yay or nay?
    House of Bane
    ID: 8V596
  • IdunoIduno ...what to put here Joined: Posts: 5,420
    Nay, it teases having something about it but just ends up as K-on with tanks tank.
    “It's now very common to hear people say, 'I'm rather offended by that.' As if that gives them certain rights. It's actually nothing more... than a whine. 'I find that offensive.' It has no meaning; it has no purpose; it has no reason to be respected as a phrase. 'I am offended by that.' Well, so ****ing what."
    -Stephen Fry

"I know crackheads that could sneak into a house better than an 8th century shinobi."
    -Jimmy1200
  • Nobus3r1Nobus3r1 #RiseUp? Joined: Posts: 5,501
    Iduno wrote: »
    Nay, it teases having something about it but just ends up as K-on with tanks tank.
    That's kind of what it looked like. It was put forward as a comp to Shoujo Shuumatsu Ryokou which I've been liking so far.

Also, 'Alita: Battle Angel' trailer is out. My thoughts: -_-
    House of Bane
    ID: 8V596
  • rehreh (ノ◕ヮ◕)ノ*:・゚✧ (=‿‿= ✿) Joined: Posts: 1,318
    edited December 11
    I don't know why, but it really annoys me that it's "Alita: Battle Angel" and not "Battle Angel Alita".
    Only seen some picture and that's about it, but the title is just...
    ༼╬ ͡°益°༽╯彡 Dorya!
    It's like they actually made her look like one of the face tumors she was "born" from....
    Mains:
    new Captain Tsubasa series in 2018
  • HawkingbirdHawkingbird I am thou...thou art I Joined: Posts: 26,846
    I hate how true this is
    PSN: Hawkingbird
    FC: 0834-1564-0151
    http://steamcommunity.com/id/runawayavenger
  • Kinniku BusterKinniku Buster Like Like Like Joined: Posts: 9,378 ✭✭✭ Former OG
    I hate how true this is

I feel personally attacked
    Peace to the Mountain
    Amiibo Aficionado

Negro Install

The sky's fallin', baby, drop that ass 'fore it crash.

Currently Playing -Steven Universe: Save the Light (PS4), Super Mario Odyssey (Switch)
    Currently Reading - Rick and Morty (Oni Press), TMNT (IDW)
    Currently Watching (Animated) - Ducktales (2017), We Bare Bears
    Currently Watching (Live Action) - Sons of Anarchy

edited December 13
    I dont mind Alita's face in the movie, she supposed to be the head of a doll model so the bigger eyes make sense. Kinda funny they went to big eyes and not the octopus lips lol.

Everything else looks pretty good about it from what the trailer shows. I hope its as violent and messy as the Manga, but probably wont be, sadly.

Still I'm hype. Maybe because I've been waiting for this movie forever so im just happy it's finally coming, I dunno. Just want more people to know about the awesome that is Alita. I also like the producer, director, and the actors they have chosen.

I think the only reason the title bugs me is just cause I'm so used to Battle Angel coming first, it just rolls off the tongue better. Her nam coming first is fine tho.

And if does suck well whatever, I still have the Manga.
    Post edited by crotchpuncha on
    edited December 13
    Alita's eyes are the same size as every other female in the comic doe. Shit makes zero sense :lol:
    Mains:
    I think it makes fine sense, thwy are just putting more emphasis on it teen the manga did.

Wether it was a good decision or not I gives is up to the viewers. Doesn't bother me at all anymore in the trailers, hope the same can be said when I watch the movie.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file