Anime & Manga Thread v.5 FAQ/IRC: See OP. Welcome to 2017.

Comments

• JGreenJGreen Joined: Posts: 1,705
    edited January 9
    Gasaraki wrote: »
    Yeah Toradora, Gurren Lagann, and Madoka all had a ton of discussion traction here.

Ami best girl.

E7 was another one with a good amount of discussion. Then there were the Eureka sequels.........

My top 3 in no order
    Cowboy Bebop - One of the first anime shows I ever saw.
    E7 - The Ray and Charles arc is one of my favorite arcs in any anime.
    Aria the Origination - Such an amazing last season with huge emotional payoffs after watching the group basically grow up during the course of the show.

4th and 5th are tough to choose. Loved TTGL when it came out, but the ending made it fall flat to me. FMA is another great one, especially if you combine the original's opening arcs and Brotherhood. Ping Pong was a huge surprise. Baccano is definitely up there too. I have some great memories with Cromartie. If I had to pick them:

FMA combining the original and Brotherhood - So many memorable moments and characters. Plus, it was a blast talking about it with my friends.
    Baccano - I slept on this show for too long, but once I got into it, I was absolutely hooked.
  • EphidelEphidel 02 OG Joined: Posts: 15,067 ✭✭✭✭✭ OG
    Geass went strong in here back in the day, every epd sparked 3 page discussions. Goddamn.

High School of Dead had some incredible hype in here too, fanservice was on epic levels. 09 pretty good year for anime Eden of the East, Phantom, Toradora still airing, Bake, Kimi no Todoke, Cannan, Kuuchuu Buranko (vastly underrated)

Baccano has the best dub in existence. The only thing that comes close is probably FMAB.
    Fightcade: Ephidel
    Steam: Ephidel
    Discord: Ephidel
  • Rioting SoulRioting Soul Joined: Posts: 4,957 ✭✭✭✭✭ OG
  • IdunoIduno ...what to put here Joined: Posts: 5,542
    Well in that case Baka Test set off the Homoe avatar trend that lasted a while here.
    “It's now very common to hear people say, 'I'm rather offended by that.' As if that gives them certain rights. It's actually nothing more... than a whine. 'I find that offensive.' It has no meaning; it has no purpose; it has no reason to be respected as a phrase. 'I am offended by that.' Well, so ****ing what."
    -Stephen Fry

"I know crackheads that could sneak into a house better than an 8th century shinobi."
    -Jimmy1200
    Hideyoshi shenanigans
  • AlterGenesisAlterGenesis new srk is trollin Joined: Posts: 3,503
    Lol homoe, goddamn classic. At this this pace we can make an SRK Anime Top 50.
    #ipressallthebuttons
    XBL: AlterGenesis
    PSN: AlterGenesisOP
  • Sephiroth73003Sephiroth73003 Joined: Posts: 4,373
    Fate / Zero and the bitching back and forth about Evangelion were always fun.

It's good and not overrated you ass holes.
    SF3: Makoto and Ken
  • tonyz723tonyz723 Joined: Posts: 57
    Fate / Zero and the bitching back and forth about Evangelion were always fun.

It's good and not overrated you ass holes.

It's been a good 5+ years, I think I should really go back and give Eva another watch to see how my opinions have changed. I used to love it, that's for sure.
  • Ken34Ken34 a.k.a Mashima Taichi Joined: Posts: 7,196 ✭✭✭✭✭ OG
    Stabby wrote: »
    RIP all you guys. Anime will always be bad.

will miss you and your brother, palm.
    "True Strength is something Money and Credit cards cannot buy"
  • Spirit JuiceSpirit Juice 「HATES EVERYTHING」 Joined: Posts: 15,152 ✭✭✭✭✭ OG
    Oh man I really forgot about Homoe. Shit was great.
  • Axl_m4sterAxl_m4ster 623+P brings people together Joined: Posts: 2,435
    one punch man season 2 coming...and we didnt manage to talk about it here.
    so in advance...omfg hype ep!
    LOGIC AND REASON ARE OVERRATED VIRTUES.
  • dn3000dn3000 Joined: Posts: 3,541 ✭✭✭✭✭ OG
    Axl_m4ster wrote: »

word? great news!
  • IdunoIduno ...what to put here Joined: Posts: 5,542
    Axl_m4ster wrote: »

What this season?
    “It's now very common to hear people say, 'I'm rather offended by that.' As if that gives them certain rights. It's actually nothing more... than a whine. 'I find that offensive.' It has no meaning; it has no purpose; it has no reason to be respected as a phrase. 'I am offended by that.' Well, so ****ing what."
    -Stephen Fry

"I know crackheads that could sneak into a house better than an 8th century shinobi."
    -Jimmy1200
  • Shinkuu TatsumakiShinkuu Tatsumaki Joined: Posts: 7,048
    Citrus is best anime of the season.

a88313472e5d369b1f3ead326eea633da6772ce8_hq.gif

Sorry, yall don't get to see the whole thing here.
  • angelpalmangelpalm Stop enjoying things Joined: Posts: 24,555 ✭✭✭✭✭ OG
    Generic yuri shit

best anything
    Mains:
    Blazpoo -Continual Shit: Tiddy Witch
    Crapcom Big foot Sex simulator V - Pc muscle mod edition: That dude that slaps his ass.
    Aggressors of Koliseum Kombat: Kisarah
    Rapelay: Kimura
    https://www.nytimes.com/2017/09/19/opinion/alt-right-white-supremacy-undercover.html?smid=tw-share
    http://helloracist.com/
  • tataa8Ptataa8P tourney. banned. washed-up. veteran. Joined: Posts: 1,350 ✭✭✭✭✭ OG
    not sure if somebody had posted this here:
    http://www.crunchyroll.com/anime-news/2017/12/16-1/yu-yu-hakusho-anniversary-bd-to-include-new-animation
    22729d2208f4d27dc4c4db48dae81ec71513407365_full.png
    "Yu Yu Hakusho" Anniversary BD to Include New Animation
    Jump Festa booth signs reveal upcoming plans.

This weekend's Jump Festa attendees got the jump on some big Yu Yu Hakusho news: to round out the series's 25th anniversary year, its upcoming Blu-ray box release will come packaged with new animation.

An attendee of the event today caught sight of the banner, sharing it to Twitter to spread the announcement. No more is known yet of the plans, such as whether it will be a brand new story or based on existing material, or how much there will be.

More news will likely break before the weekend is out. For now, we know that Yusuke and his crew will be back for at least one more adventure.

also:
    RIP @Kromo you will be missed by SRK
    modern-day absolute truth™ :
    - Assumption is the Mother of all Fuck-Ups -
  • StockyJamStockyJam beat me like the bitch that i am Joined: Posts: 6,055
    anyone know of good really old animation on crunchyroll?
    i most watch captain harlock, go lion, lupin, and galaxy express.

any user of crunchyroll know of any other old ass anime on that site?

read the manga
    Ken34 wrote: »

read the manga

Legit worth reading, or just have yuri stuff. Legit Ken your like the only person I take manga recommendation from. Lay me your top 10. Your 20% of the reason I'll miss this site.
    Cool beans. Alright, diving into 3 shows on Friday

Cardcaptor
    Citrus
    Kokkoku

read the manga

Legit worth reading, or just have yuri stuff. Legit Ken your like the only person I take manga recommendation from. Lay me your top 10. Your 20% of the reason I'll miss this site.

I second this. I want to know if it's legit.
    In the end, all I cared about was Index.
  • GasarakiGasaraki Joined: Posts: 8,977 ✭✭✭✭✭ OG

@Rioting Soul Did you see there's a karakai jouzu anime?
    edited January 11

read the manga

lol, the only reason i say read it is because the 1st ep of the anime was only chapter 1 of the manga, the anime is only 12 eps and its supposed to cover up till vol 4 or 5..so pacing is about to be a bitch, so if u like the anime you might want to read the manga, thats all i meant.

as for top 10, i dont really have a top 10.

my top 3 though would be:
    Chihayafuru
    Good Ending
    Aku no Hana

honorable mentions would be Boku wa Mari no Naka , Nozoki Ana, and Sundome.

i like romance/psychological stuff so the stuff i read leans heavily in that direction.

i know you hyped for season 3
    I hope that before the forums close, @Kromo posts one last time in here, saying he finally got off the boat.
  • RoGE9RoGE9 Joined: Posts: 1,720
    just finished Devilman Crybaby.... Jeez... What the heck did I just watch?
  • BlindknaggBlindknagg Cute Ultra Lovable Thot Joined: Posts: 4,021
    :party:
    (> ̄▽ ̄)> nigga this
    nigga that
    <( ̄▽ ̄<)
  • gIobegIobe Joined: Posts: 4
    Glad the forums aren't shutting down. I get to lurk a bunch more, but Batoto is still shutting down.
    edited January 12
    Evergarden first episode was good enough to live up to the hype and is 14 episodes. Will keep watching to see how it goes.
    Tone! wrote: »
    SRK no longer dying I take back all my goodwill towards everybody you’re all just a bunch of degenerates

Damn beat me to it, came here to say the same thing.

lol, the only reason i say read it is because the 1st ep of the anime was only chapter 1 of the manga, the anime is only 12 eps and its supposed to cover up till vol 4 or 5..so pacing is about to be a bitch, so if u like the anime you might want to read the manga, thats all i meant.

Chihayafuru
    Good Ending
    Aku no Hana

i like romance/psychological stuff so the stuff i read leans heavily in that direction.

Sundome was weird enough but liked it, might try good ending. Is Chihayafuru significantly past the anime?
  • GasarakiGasaraki Joined: Posts: 8,977 ✭✭✭✭✭ OG
    I'mma warn you Good Ending gets REAL dumb the further in you go. I really liked it at first but by the end I was just finishing it to finish it
    Evergarden first episode was good enough to live up to the hype and is 14 episodes. Will keep watching to see how it goes.
    SRK no longer dying I take back all my goodwill towards everybody you’re all just a bunch of degenerates

Damn beat me to it, came here to say the same thing.

Chihayafuru
    Good Ending
    Aku no Hana

Sundome was weird enough but liked it, might try good ending. Is Chihayafuru significantly past the anime?

yea, waaaaay past the anime. so much has happened, so much has changed, i really would love to see a season 3 anime. i want to see those matches animated so bad.
    I'mma warn you Good Ending gets REAL dumb the further in you go. I really liked it at first but by the end I was just finishing it to finish it

it was one of the first mangas i read when i started really getting into reading manga, so its got a soft spot in my heart.
    edited January 12

@Rioting Soul Did you see there's a karakai jouzu anime?

Had to google the name. Some of these titles go in one ear and out the other. I know it as Takagi-san. I saw a headline about it while I was on Sankaku but I forgot about it because I was using Sankaku. Thanks for reminding me.

i know you hyped for season 3

Hell yes. For the last four years or so I was following the Dengeki events waiting for it. It was just a matter of time. That Heavy Object reveal pissed me off so much. They had voice actors from Index come in. They had the singer for the Index OPs come in and sing them. Then announce Heavy Object.

Anyways, shit's gonna be fire from episode 1 unless they do a recap. Thankfully all the dull stuff is behind us. Also they said that after S3 more is on the way and that we should have "high expectations". I'm expecting Railgun D, Astral Buddy anime and Index IV(ending with Othinus' defeat).
  • rehreh (ノ◕ヮ◕)ノ*:・゚✧ (=‿‿= ✿) Joined: Posts: 1,325
    edited January 12
    Grand Blue anime announced? Finally something good happened in 2018. And tth happened to the forums on mobile? Feels weird.

[e] Oh noes, the Death March thingy show. I thought the smartphone isekai was bad, this one looks even worse.
    Post edited by reh on
    ༼╬ ͡°益°༽╯彡 Dorya!
  • AlterGenesisAlterGenesis new srk is trollin Joined: Posts: 3,503
    edited January 12

ANIME IS TRASH AND SO ARE YOU

SHITPOSTING IS ALIVE
    #ipressallthebuttons
    XBL: AlterGenesis
    PSN: AlterGenesisOP
  • krokro Joined: Posts: 716
    edited January 12
    reh wrote: »
    Grand Blue anime announced? Finally something good happened in 2018. And tth happened to the forums on mobile? Feels weird.

[e] Oh noes, the Death March thingy show. I thought the smartphone isekai was bad, this one looks even worse.

I started reading it awhile back due to the recommendation of a friend and it's trash. The main character is so broken he just focuses on cooking and power leveling his harem. If you're the type that likes babysitting newbies in MMOs maybe you'll like it, but there is zero tension in the story. I didn't find the harem or slice of life shenanigans appealing enough to keep going despite that either.
    Wonder if we'll be getting a new forum address. If so, I hope it redirects so Kromo will grace us with his presence when he eventually returns.

For now, let's all agree that the lore of Kromo is that he is stuck on a boat like Guts. When he finally gets off the boat, it'll be the new SRK forums he's discovered.
    edited January 13
    I finally saw Gantz:O. It was good, but the ending was confusing because apparently you can leave the room until it's time to go on another mission? Did the anime change that up or what because I don't remember them ever leaving the room.

I suppose I should read the manga.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file